Photo's Playroom

382220_552608248093524_1817847506_n.jpg

Sigh.

I remember when I used to come to Lit only to find someone I could stroke with.
Damn you, ever since you started this th'd my little brain is pissed off, he gets enough inattention is his regular life, now Big Brain is muscling in on his blood flow here too!

:rolleyes:

Spread the word and help SETI@Live. I've become obsessed since starting to read Contact. In fact I'm dreaming about it and wake up thinking we have received contact. Then I realise we haven't and my mood sours.

One day.

Sigh.

I remember when I used to come to Lit only to find someone I could stroke with.
Damn you, ever since you started this th'd my little brain is pissed off, he gets enough inattention is his regular life, now Big Brain is muscling in on his blood flow here too!

:rolleyes:

*snort* I'm......no. I'm not sorry! :D

Spread the word and help SETI@Live. I've become obsessed since starting to read Contact. In fact I'm dreaming about it and wake up thinking we have received contact. Then I realise we haven't and my mood sours.

One day.

Did you see the series on the Science channel about first contact and such?

One day.

They used to have a download so that people at home could help them process radio signals on their home computers. it was pretty cool as it would only come on after the computer was idle, sorta like an advanced screensaver. Looked pretty cool on the screen as well!

And it could well be that we've been contacted, but humans are insufficiently advanced to have gotten the message. Kinda like a lot of guys are with their girlfriends/wives...

Agreed. Space IS sexy!

I used to think that, until somebody that knows more about it than I do convinced me that radio telescopes don't really see colour. The colours are photoshopped into images after to look sexier than they really are.

Astrophysicists have a hard enough time getting funding, it's the only thing they've got let to interest the public.

They used to have a download so that people at home could help them process radio signals on their home computers. it was pretty cool as it would only come on after the computer was idle, sorta like an advanced screensaver. Looked pretty cool on the screen as well!

And it could well be that we've been contacted, but humans are insufficiently advanced to have gotten the message. Kinda like a lot of guys are with their girlfriends/wives...

*snort* I think we've had this conversation!

I used to think that, until somebody that knows more about it than I do convinced me that radio telescopes don't really see colour. The colours are photoshopped into images after to look sexier than they really are.

Astrophysicists have a hard enough time getting funding, it's the only thing they've got let to interest the public.

I know this, I still find space sexy. Such beauty and destruction all in one. :heart:

Sadly, it's difficult for the really cool stuff to compete with the Kardashians (ever notice that, other than the 'sh' phonetic the name sounds like Cardassians?) and honey boo boo.

Bill Hicks may have been right. It's all a NWO plot, sending these fevered egos to lower our standards.

Just a suggestion for any would-be mass murderers; next time, don't shoot up a school or a movie theater. Target reality show 'stars'.

Sadly, it's difficult for the really cool stuff to compete with the Kardashians (ever notice that, other than the 'sh' phonetic the name sounds like Cardassians?) and honey boo boo.

Bill Hicks may have been right. It's all a NWO plot, sending these fevered egos to lower our standards.

Just a suggestion for any would-be mass murderers; next time, don't shoot up a school or a movie theater. Target reality show 'stars'.

Oh lord, yes! *sigh* Reality shows, yuck.

Yeah. I've subscribed to SETI Live and you can go on and process some of their live feeds.

A decades-long debate has been unravelled about what kind of paint Picasso used to create his masterpieces. The key to decoding this long-standing mystery was the development of a unique high-energy X-ray instrument, called the hard X-ray nanoprobe. Each batch of paint has a chemical signature determined by its ingredients and impurities from the area and time period it was made. These signatures can't be imitated and lie in the nanoscale range. By comparing decades-old paint samples with samples from Picasso paintings, scientists were able to learn that the chemical makeup of paint used by Picasso matched the chemical makeup of the first commercial house paint, Ripolin. More info: http://1.usa.gov/UYKjaJ

Journal article: High-resolution fluorescence mapping of impurities in historical zinc oxide pigments: hard X-ray nanoprobe applications to the paints of Pablo Picasso. Applied Physics A, 2013 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00339-012-7534-x

Back