Tears Of The World Coffee Shoppe

I do apologize if I haven't been the greatest of hostesses, but I'm getting unsettled at home now that school is over. No more papers so I can focus on my business. ^_^

fun2kissamy said:
"Hi Jeff, my name is Amy. It is good to finally meet you."

And I meant that. I come in here at least 4 times a week for a juice on my way to work, but never took the time to sit down and eat a real breakfast. Today I was running early, so I stopped after my morning run. I know I should eat more, especially in the mornings, but often I run out of time before rushing out to work.

I have noticed Jeff before. He is a very attractive man with beautiful eyes. He is usually reading the paper, although I find him peaking out from the side of it more often than not. Almost as if he were waiting for someone...but I never saw anyone join him. So, this morning, I got brave and decided to invite myself to his table. I am not sure just yet if he is happy or bothered by the uninvited company.

"Amy, you are a woman with many different looks," I offer, noting that she looks just as attractive in shorts and tank top as she does in her blue scrubs. "Thanks for joining me. Don't you normally just dash in and out picking up only a large juice and the occasional muffin?" I think to myself, "Come on Jeff, maintain eye contact, maintain eye contact. She's testing you to see if you have the soldiers to handle her after she made the first move by joining you." I strain to listen to her answer over the sound of my heartbeat in my ears.

All of a sudden I relax and begin to enjoy a conversation that ranges from our plans for the day, our occupations, pets, and how cozy and delightful this coffee shoppe is. This place could be the scene of a sitcom if staged correctly.

I'm amazed at how well the conversation goes. We've never met, yet we seem to be completing each other's sentences and even tossing a smidge of wit back and forth at each other. I make up my mind early on that there's no way either of us is leaving this table without me getting her phone number. I'd like to talk for hours with her, and I know I could, but both of us have to move on to our next task for the day.

TearsoftheWorld said:
I do apologize if I haven't been the greatest of hostesses, but I'm getting unsettled at home now that school is over. No more papers so I can focus on my business. ^_^

"Congrats on successfully surviving another semester. Always remember that college years should be used effectively. A degree is critical, but the life experiences you take away are equally as important."

I notice a dirty bowl on the counter with a worn white piece of paper on the front of it that says "TIPS". Such a subtle hint. Hey, she's a cute little college girl just trying to survive and pay the bills. I toss an Andrew Jackson into the bowl, feeling especially generous after my conversation with Scrubs, my affectionate nickname for Amy before I knew her real name.

Thanks, it's been quite the bumpy year. Classes were probably the biggest downer, but I lived with some of my closest friends and they were with me when things turned sour. There were some really fun times, though, so it was a decent year overall. Started dating my boyfriend back in November, went to a few concerts on the long weekends, road trips, amusement parks for clubs and such... there was a lot to be thankful for.

*smiles proudly*

So, my names Kim and I'll be your hostess for this evening.

*orders a live band*

fukensploogin said:
*friendly local barista shows up, late for work, totally stoned, throws on apron and steps up to the espresso machine* "vanilla latte anyone?"
"I will take a medium please...to go. I am running late for work today."

I look around for my new friend Jeff, but it appears he has already left for work as well. Perhaps I will see him around later tonight.

I throw a dollar in the tip jar while I wait for my drink.

fun2kissamy said:
"I will take a medium please...to go. I am running late for work today."

I look around for my new friend Jeff, but it appears he has already left for work as well. Perhaps I will see him around later tonight.

I throw a dollar in the tip jar while I wait for my drink.

As I pull into the parking place, I see what appears to be Scrubs leaving in a canary yellow Jeep CJ7, top down, the sound of country music filling the air.

"Dang, I missed her, " I mutter to myself. Oh well, maybe some other time, besides, I had her phone number. I've waited the standard 2 days so I don't seem overanxious, I think she'll enjoy what I have planned for our first date, and no, it's not to meet at the TFTW Coffee Shoppe.

TearsoftheWorld said:
Thanks, it's been quite the bumpy year. Classes were probably the biggest downer, but I lived with some of my closest friends and they were with me when things turned sour. There were some really fun times, though, so it was a decent year overall. Started dating my boyfriend back in November, went to a few concerts on the long weekends, road trips, amusement parks for clubs and such... there was a lot to be thankful for.

*smiles proudly*

So, my names Kim and I'll be your hostess for this evening.

*orders a live band*

Jackopierce strums out a few of my favorites as I am fascinated by the transition of the coffee shoppe from a breakfast dive to a trendy nightspot. I should have learned how to play the guitar. Kim comes over and brings me the wrong drink again, but I smile, like always, and thank her for her effort. She says thank you as a different cute guy walks in. Her head seems to be on a swivel.

*takes a seat because it's her lunch break... just at 1:18am*

Well... today was beautiful outside. The sun was out, the trees were full and green, and there was a really nice breeze. Plus, I went shopping. ^_^

I just dashed in for a soda and a sandwich for lunch. I think I would like a Turkey on wheat please....to go.

It has been a busy day at work and I am eating on the run. I look around quickly but just notice the normal lunch crowd. I keep missing my new friend, but I am sure we will meet up again.

fun2kissamy said:
I just dashed in for a soda and a sandwich for lunch. I think I would like a Turkey on wheat please....to go.

It has been a busy day at work and I am eating on the run. I look around quickly but just notice the normal lunch crowd. I keep missing my new friend, but I am sure we will meet up again.

*Nods her head as she quickly makes a turkey sandwich on a few slices of wheat bread, asking what other condiments she wants before wrapping it up and tabbing the bill*

You can pay for this later if you'd like

fun2kissamy said:

I step into TOTW Coffee Shoppe for one of its famous homemade cookies. Another day goes by and no sign of Scrubs. I stuck to my rule of leaving one phone message and waiting for her to call me back. No call back. I begin to wonder if she got a better offer. Oh well, win some lose some.

I take a seat in the corner and comb the sports section, memorizing the MLB standings, noting the transactions, and studying the college football preseason rankings. Who would have thought Milwaukee would be in first place after April?

The Jeep doesn't make an appearance; I fold the paper below my arm and grab a cold coke before I leave. In a few minutes I'll be home on the couch chewing sunflower seeds (David - original flavor), reading Field and Stream, listening to the baseball game.

mogulboy74 said:
I step into TOTW Coffee Shoppe for one of its famous homemade cookies. Another day goes by and no sign of Scrubs. I stuck to my rule of leaving one phone message and waiting for her to call me back. No call back. I begin to wonder if she got a better offer. Oh well, win some lose some.

I take a seat in the corner and comb the sports section, memorizing the MLB standings, noting the transactions, and studying the college football preseason rankings. Who would have thought Milwaukee would be in first place after April?

The Jeep doesn't make an appearance; I fold the paper below my arm and grab a cold coke before I leave. In a few minutes I'll be home on the couch chewing sunflower seeds (David - original flavor), reading Field and Stream, listening to the baseball game.
I arrive at the cafe to see Jeff folding up his paper. His back is turned as he grabs his drink and I touch him lightly on the back of the arm. Unfortunately I startled him and the drink fell to the floor.

"Oh Jeff! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you," I said apologetically. His eyes met mine as I continued, "I got your message earlier...I meant to call you back but I had to pull a double shift. I was going to call you this evening after I picked up, well, uh......a cookie actually. It seems that you chose my favorite- Chocolate Chip."

I looked at the display case for another and all that was left were Oatmeal Raisin.
I don't care for raisins, so I just ordered a Hot Chocolate to go instead and a replacement soda for Jeff.

Last edited:
*Kim looks around her coffee shop and sees a decent amount of customers enjoying their time. Sitting at the counter she reads a magazine with new shop ideas and decides to try a few of them out*

It's settled. We'll be selling ice cream now as well.

I just come here because of the really pretty woman that runs this place.

Hope you are having a nice week :)

*hugs*

hotguy1234 said:
I just come here because of the really pretty woman that runs this place.

Hope you are having a nice week :)

*hugs*

Look if you don't stop pinching my face you'll end up with coffee all over your head =)

Anyways welcome to my humble abode :cathappy:

TearsoftheWorld said:
Look if you don't stop pinching my face you'll end up with coffee all over your head =)

Anyways welcome to my humble abode :cathappy:

A cofee please Kimmy, with room for cream.

*Gives you a hug because you made a coffee sale.*

chronicle_tenko said:
A cofee please Kimmy, with room for cream.

*Gives you a hug because you made a coffee sale.*

I'm sorry we don't sell cofee here. However you can have a coffee if you'd like.

*fixes one up with room for some cream*

Enjoy =)

*picking up a piece of paper and a stapler, Kim goes over to her announcement board and puts up... an announcement*

Kim will be away from the 14th of May to the 22nd-23rdish as she'll be in Europe with a few friends. Might have internet access but I doubt it as I'll probably be pub hopping ^_^

I'm like wicked excited to go. Final answer is that we'll solely be visiting England. Oh well :cathappy:

So yeah, if I'm involved in any threads please feel free to move me along so I don't get too lost ^_^; (i.e. Tower Academy)

Last edited:
*Kim goes over to her chalk board, erases previous messages and puts up an announcement that all coffee's are now half off*

*Kim puts up another announcement*

I've received a good amount of PM's about thread inquiries. I'll try and get to em all before the night is over but I have to shower and go to my other job. Thanks too all who showed interest ^_^

*enters looking for a small pick me up so I can function on a friday night. Blinks at the unexpected sobbing in the corner*

gagonthis said:
*enters looking for a small pick me up so I can function on a friday night. Blinks at the unexpected sobbing in the corner*

*Kim dusts herself off after sitting in the corner*

I'm ok ^_^

Just had a really really rough night. But I'm over it :cathappy:

We've all been there, no explanation needed. Now I could use something really strong, I'm just zoinked out over here, and boooored as all get up :)

Back