why don't they use heroin for lethal injections?

People today don't believe in being pragmatic....

AND, there is a lot of money in fighting against any given law. Win or lose, lawyers are getting paid.

Why do we even execute anyway?

It seems to be cruel and unusual punishment towards those whom care more about the criminal and (the reasons/motivations behind the) crime than the victim. For their sake, we need to eliminate the death penalty and send the much-maligned perpetrator(s) into the homes and communities of those most fervently believing in rehabilitation and secular resurrection.

hey

i'm tired of hearing all of this crap about they can't get the drugs, the drug makers don't want to sell to them, yadda yadda yadda. they could probably buy the heroin without ever stepping outside of the prison, it's a one shot process and it's a lot more humane than the bullshit they go through now. fuck, if it was good enough for janis joplin, it's good enough for me.[/QUOTE

Its because of there is ALWAYS some law against---
'having fun while dying...unless you are NOT in prison.'

...that's why they don't have the "death by combat " option anymore

You must have money because that's not been my experience.

It's like $20 for a box of .22 rounds. They keep that shit behind glass at walmart like goddamn video games because every single box would get stole bigger than hell with the prices what they are.

.22. Lol.

just wait until the antimony runs out. that'll be fun. especially for china.

Everything is upside-down.... Speaking of opiates, I wish they'd just sell them over the counter, eliminate all the middle-men (big pharma, etc) and all the problems that go along with it.

Another question - why isn't euthanasia legal and readily available?

i'm tired of hearing all of this crap about they can't get the drugs, the drug makers don't want to sell to them, yadda yadda yadda. they could probably buy the heroin without ever stepping outside of the prison, it's a one shot process and it's a lot more humane than the bullshit they go through now. fuck, if it was good enough for janis joplin, it's good enough for me.

Or simple anesthesia. That's what veterinarians use (or did when I worked for one, as a young man). Quick, simple, painless, 100% effective.

The answer to your question, of course, is that the pharmaceutical companies want to control the process so they can eventually get rich from it—blood money.

fuck the death penalty.

My sentiments exactly. the death penalty is a racist, classist device to dispose of people those in power view as trash. When was the last time you heard of a rich person being executed? Not in our lifetimes, I'll wager.

I have no problem with capital punishment myself, but that's another matter entirely. Yes, hanging is legal in some states. I think that it should become standard. That or the firing squad or the guillotine. None of this hypocrisy about poison being more humane. By definition, killing someone isn't humane as such. It's not meant to be. It's meant to be punishment, something unpleasant that happens because you fucking deserve some awful to happen to you. It's your fucking karma.

I love all these humane ideas......:rolleyes:

They should be taken out and shot, it's fast, it's cost effective.

What the fuck are we doing with all this other bullshit trying to fix something that isn't broken??:confused:

I think its Tennessee that has started making the electric chair an option again. I think thats a good idea. It may appear frightening to witnesses, but almost certainly its instantaneous for the prisoner. It might actually be deterrent as well.

At least Texas has for the time being figured out a sensible solution to the availability of their drugs. They have switched to just one massive dose of Phenobarbital. When the manufacturers bowed to pressure from activists to stop supplying it, Texas decided to just have a compounding pharmacy make it for them.

hey...

I have no problem with capital punishment myself, but that's another matter entirely. Yes, hanging is legal in some states. I think that it should become standard. That or the firing squad or the guillotine. None of this hypocrisy about poison being more humane. By definition, killing someone isn't humane as such. It's not meant to be. It's meant to be punishment, something unpleasant that happens because you fucking deserve some awful to happen to you. It's your fucking karma.

hell--, yeah!
bring back MANDATORY attendance to public executions...

Another question - why isn't euthanasia legal and readily available?

Ask everyone flipping out about Death Panels when the ACA was being debated.

Unless you specifically mean assisted suicide. The risk there is that something goes wrong with the dose the person causes themselves and they wind up in a permanent vegetative state.

Ask everyone flipping out about Death Panels when the ACA was being debated.

Unless you specifically mean assisted suicide. The risk there is that something goes wrong with the dose the person causes themselves and they wind up in a permanent vegetative state.

The Death Panels were just Corporate America's way to frighten people into calling their Congressmen and Senators to stop health care reform and allow them to keep denying people with pre-existing conditions. They were the worst kind of Republican fake news and everyone knows it by now, except for Sarah Palin. That woman still thinks that she knows Russia better than us because she can see across the Bering Strait from her front porch or something. She's why even my earlier, Republican self refused to vote for McCain in 2008, because that put her a 73 year old heart's beat away from the Oval Office and the nuclear launch codes.

You must have money because that's not been my experience.

It's like $20 for a box of .22 rounds. They keep that shit behind glass at walmart like goddamn video games because every single box would get stole bigger than hell with the prices what they are.

Sorry I missed this.

You haven't shopped for ammo for a while. While Walmart may very well keep it locked up with the rest of their ammo, gun shops have it all out on the shelves and the prices have fallen dramatically, so I'm thinking your experience is a bit dated and limited.

;) ;)

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:

Richie loved to use 22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a 45, see, a 45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a 22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.

My Blue Heaven

The Death Panels were just Corporate America's way to frighten people into calling their Congressmen and Senators to stop health care reform and allow them to keep denying people with pre-existing conditions. They were the worst kind of Republican fake news and everyone knows it by now, except for Sarah Palin. That woman still thinks that she knows Russia better than us because she can see across the Bering Strait from her front porch or something. She's why even my earlier, Republican self refused to vote for McCain in 2008, because that put her a 73 year old heart's beat away from the Oval Office and the nuclear launch codes.

McDonald Trump is one of the few people living that makes Sarah Palin look intelligent by comparison.
*nods*

Sorry I missed this.

You haven't shopped for ammo for a while. While Walmart may very well keep it locked up with the rest of their ammo, gun shops have it all out on the shelves and the prices have fallen dramatically, so I'm thinking your experience is a bit dated and limited.

;) ;)

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:

Richie loved to use 22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a 45, see, a 45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a 22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.

My Blue Heaven

Dude stop posting if you're just gonna be consistently wrong about shit.

Also for the other person who I guess was making fun of me for buying .22 rounds, a lot of people hunt with .22s so idk what your problem is.

I swear some of you folks- Idk if I'm just in a real shitty mood today but the type of "I don't leave my house ever or do any activities" is really just slapping me in the face. A box of rounds for my rifle is, as of yesterday, $23. Because that's how that works. Guns do things other than kill humans because that's how that works.

Y'all are ridiculous and it's getting super obvious that it's pointless talking to you when you honestly can't even be assed to know a goddamn thing. Like simple things.

If I ever have to choose the manner of my death, I want guillotine! Guillotine! Guillotine! In a public square! With a drumroll! And crazy women in the crowd knitting!

Back