The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm having some sushi and hot sake right now. Care for some?

I've never drunk Sake, so I will try some please.

I had a bit of a shock this evening. I have had a particular love for cherry brandy.
So I bought a little bottle and tried it tonight.
Ah; the throat is not as right as I had hoped. You know those film scenes where someone tries a glass of something and he's almost bereft of breath for a few moments?. Well, it was rather like that.
I can no longer drink a strong wine/spirit without it being in something else (like soda).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go sit in a dark corner and weep gently.
:(

I've never drunk Sake, so I will try some please.

I had a bit of a shock this evening. I have had a particular love for cherry brandy.
So I bought a little bottle and tried it tonight.
Ah; the throat is not as right as I had hoped. You know those film scenes where someone tries a glass of something and he's almost bereft of breath for a few moments?. Well, it was rather like that.
I can no longer drink a strong wine/spirit without it being in something else (like soda).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go sit in a dark corner and weep gently.
:(

Rolf, get a chimney and cup of sake for HP. Once he's finished with that, see if he's up for a gin and tonic.

I made 15 pounds of noodles and celebrated with 7 shots of vodka. Shouldn't I be drunk by now?

I made 15 pounds of noodles and celebrated with 7 shots of vodka. Shouldn't I be drunk by now?

I guess that depends upon how much soup you consumed while drinking.
But I'll have some of that soup please.

[PS. what ARE noodles, anyway?]

Rolf, I need a strong drink. My Seahawks are struggling through this game. Yes we're tied in the half, but we need this win to clinch the division. Plus we can't play like this in the playoffs.

Rolf,
Please fix John a steadying drink. When the game's over he should have strong drink to celebrate or commiserate, but not during the Game, I think.
:)

Rolf,
Please fix John a steadying drink. When the game's over he should have strong drink to celebrate or commiserate, but not during the Game, I think.
:)

Might need it sooner rather than later. Turned off the game for a bit because it was getting too frustrating. :mad:

Well, shit! Rolf, I'll take that strong drink now. Lost the game because the damn offense couldn't a thing with the ball. Lost our 2 year undefeated run at home and possibly our first round bye and home field advantage for the playoffs. Really not a good weekend for Washington State sports teams.

I guess that depends upon how much soup you consumed while drinking.
But I'll have some of that soup please.

[PS. what ARE noodles, anyway?]

You're so cute. Noodles are a form of pasta, made with eggs and flour, rolled out and cut into strips. They're boiled in broth or soup of your choice.

You're so cute. Noodles are a form of pasta, made with eggs and flour, rolled out and cut into strips. They're boiled in broth or soup of your choice.

So - they are like spagghetti ?

Or served with a béchamel sauce full of cheese and mushrooms. Yum!

Not knowing my way round cooking (unless it's a fry-up, or similar), I looked it up:

"Béchamel sauce also known as white sauce, is made with a roux of butter and flour cooked in milk. It is one of the mother sauces of French cuisine."

This highlights the problems of trying to write in "modern" English, and French cooking.
I first thought that a roux was a unit of measurement.
I recall the same frustration with one of our better-known cooks who wrote a jaunty paragraph about putting something in "a Ramekin" without telling the reader what one was.
It was frustrating, in a book "cooking for one". I gave up and bought a new microwave oven.

Thanks, now I have the urge to fire up the stove, open a ramen packet, and slice up some chicken. :rolleyes:

A what packet ?

Just popping in to say...

Cthulhu bless us, every one!

CthulhuRollover_anim.gif

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back