Just one Line.

Everyone needs a slogan, right?

Whenever I read one of my stories to my wife or sometimes just tell her about a line like that, she shrugs and says "You know, someone, somewhere will read that and say "That's hot!"
 
Been jotting down ideas for a new story. Girl gets kidnapped. Guy follows her on Facebook so knows all about her and where she'll be and when because she overshares!
Anyway she runs into him at a coffee shop and is texting her best friend about it. This is what her friend replies.

'Really? Sorry. Just tell him you need to go. You're meeting me. Or some other bullshit. Life is too short to waste on useless people :)'
 
This isn't original to me, it's a line from another forum that has been used in a couple articles. I'm thinking of using it in a current project, but I don't know... It's a woman describing how she feels before the start of her period.

"I feel like a walking vagina."
 
“What do you think I was hired to do?” The sudden change of his expression made me smile.
 
“Oh, Ed, you know I’m not that kind of girl. I’d rather just sit on it.”
 
“Asking me what I said when you clearly heard me is a stalling tactic used by the slow witted and spineless.”
 
“You don’t think they know how I feel? Fuck, everyone knows this family was built on the backs of the Bellinos.”

“Everyone named Bellino, anyway.” Earnest smirked.
 
He can't imagine that another guy's dick up his ass would be any sort of pleasure to him.
 
As she peeled her swimsuit off she caught a movement out of the corner of her eye and, turning, saw him looking at her through thr gaping, badly fitted, curtains of the cabin.
 
Deafened and blinded, he had to rely on the little information his sense of touch supplied, woefully inadequate though it was.
 
Claudia yawned, made a face at the smell of her own breath and said,“Dios mío Manny, don’t get close.”
 
Even on her best days, Barbara's 1978 Volvo station wagon wasn't exactly peppy and its best days were long behind it, along with most of the paint, three of the hubcaps and the crank for the back window.
 
I swear, there’s a fucker on the traffic camera in some office who enjoys having sexy women wait at every light so he can ogle their tits.
 
She removed the blindfold, certainly not expecting the size of the audience, and she blushed with a brighter shade of crimson than I have ever seen my ginger girl display.
 
Yeah, I remember. The body in the casket is seared in my memory.
 
Dusty cowboy boots, faded jeans and a black T-shirt proclaiming “Custer Died for Your Sins.” A two-day growth of stubble on his face gave him a scruffy, work hand look that that fit him.
 
In the last week, she has gone through her entire wardrobe, trying to decide on how to present herself to the woman who haunted her dreams for so long... both of her wardrobes, in fact.
 
Ximena stepped onto the portico to clear her head, and Juan Francisco’s voice came from the dark. ‘Come read for me,’ he said. He struck a match on the sole of his boot and sat forward to light the lantern on the table beside him. He offered Ximena a chair and a small book of poetry she had never seen before.
 
"Maybe he was from the Vitelli family." Seth suggested. "Who else would threaten you?"

"Whoever threatened me could cloak their thoughts." Abigail rolled her eyes. "The Vitelli's don't even have thoughts."
 
Amelia recounted her encounter with the offending offspring of a steel wire and industrial machinery in salacious details all the way to their floor.
 
The opening line of a forthcoming Christmas story:

"Cousin Abbra was pregnant, and the baby was due December 24, and she insisted she was still a virgin."
 
If this were Hollywood, this would be when the police show up, or one of you takes me down." Abigail's black lips curled into a smile. "But this isn't Hollywood, now is it?"
 
Back
Top