Writing Goal for the Day?

Draft of a mainstream mystery novella done today. Now for the review.

Nah, I'm far too hetero for Stella, my only lesbian encounters are between lipstick lesbians, which would make her want to retch.

You keep mentioning Higgins. I'll have to check him out sometime.

HIGGINS is the man if you wanna write great dialogue.

Kind of close to finishing the next draft chapter of R&B. I think once that's settled, I'll start posting. At one per week, that should give me enough time to finish the story.

Okay, finished the draft, I think. Gosh when you don't have big fights it can be hard to write stuff... ;)

lol, is that what your or Syd called me on estragon's thread a while back? I don't remember which one I was. It's a bit too close to "crumpet" for my taste, but yes, it's a good word. Harlot is good, too.

It was "tart" you little saucy thing, you. That was delicious, too. ;)

lol, is that what your or Syd called me on estragon's thread a while back? I don't remember which one I was. It's a bit too close to "crumpet" for my taste, but yes, it's a good word. Harlot is good, too.

Another one that just came to mind is Minx where the hell I remembered it from I don't know

Another one that just came to mind is Minx where the hell I remembered it from I don't know

I don't know either, but it's a good word. :)

So let's see. Started R&B9 (possible last chapter) and then I want to work on a Christmas story. I'm leery of working on that now, though; Halloween threw me off more than I expected with the hockey story, so I'll try to see that through. But if I hit a wall, I'll work on something else.

I don't know either, but it's a good word. :)

So let's see. Started R&B9 (possible last chapter) and then I want to work on a Christmas story. I'm leery of working on that now, though; Halloween threw me off more than I expected with the hockey story, so I'll try to see that through. But if I hit a wall, I'll work on something else.

Okay, I am finally going to bite. What is R&B? I looked at you submissions page and see nothing with that abbreviation

Okay, I am finally going to bite. What is R&B? I looked at you submissions page and see nothing with that abbreviation

Oh, sorry. R&B is the working title of the hockey romance I'm working on. The woman's name is Ryan, the guy's is Brody. And it's a fun little joke for me, as Ryan is a musician. I haven't started posting it yet, although I hope to soon, and when I do I'll give it a proper title. I hope. If I find one. So far the two options are "Rhythm and the (or on the) Blue Line" (which may be too silly) and "Finding a Rhythm."

Have I mentioned how I hate thinking of titles?

Oh, sorry. R&B is the working title of the hockey romance I'm working on. The woman's name is Ryan, the guy's is Brody. And it's a fun little joke for me, as Ryan is a musician. I haven't started posting it yet, although I hope to soon, and when I do I'll give it a proper title. I hope. If I find one. So far the two options are "Rhythm and the (or on the) Blue Line" (which may be too silly) and "Finding a Rhythm."

Have I mentioned how I hate thinking of titles?

There is always Rhythm of the night (don't think DEbarge can sue you)

Or if he plays guitar you can go dirty with "The Perfect Lick"

There is always Rhythm of the night (don't think DEbarge can sue you)

Or if he plays guitar you can go dirty with "The Perfect Lick"

LOL No on the first one. Funny, but wouldn't fit.

As for the second, very funny but he can't play guitar. I guess I should have gone with "ice" titles like MugsyB. ;) If all else fails, I can leave it at R&B, I suppose. Trying to work in something that covers both hockey and music is challenging.

For those of you who might suggest "Ice, Ice Baby" -- no. For those who might suggest "Skating Away (on the thin ice of a new day)" -- better, but still no. ;)

Oh, and a friend of mine suggested "Keys to the Game," but that always makes me think of those little bits they have during games, where someone presents the "Johnson Ford Keys to the Game" and I couldn't take it seriously.

LOL No on the first one. Funny, but wouldn't fit.

As for the second, very funny but he can't play guitar. I guess I should have gone with "ice" titles like MugsyB. ;) If all else fails, I can leave it at R&B, I suppose. Trying to work in something that covers both hockey and music is challenging.

For those of you who might suggest "Ice, Ice Baby" -- no. For those who might suggest "Skating Away (on the thin ice of a new day)" -- better, but still no. ;)

Oh, and a friend of mine suggested "Keys to the Game," but that always makes me think of those little bits they have during games, where someone presents the "Johnson Ford Keys to the Game" and I couldn't take it seriously.

How about "Sound check"

Lets hope for Ryan's sake that Brody can spend more than two minutes in the box.

You know, that's not bad. Thanks. :)

I'm sure Ryan can handle penalizing him, if need be.

Yeah, it doesn't sound all that bad.

When I get bored I go to the stock photo site where I get the pictures for my covers. I look at erotic covers, think of a basic plot bunny then make up a name based on the photo.

Example. The pick below made me come up with the name "Black Friday"

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-images-sexy-topless-girl-taking-down-panties-underwear-image17525214

The premise, in going with the holidays is that a young guy is supposed to go Christmas shopping with his best friend(who is black) and his older sister who the kid kind of has a thing for. Best friend can;t make it, so it's just the two of them. The kid has been crushing on her for awhile, but she is his best friends sister, plus his father is actually extremely racist and never let his friend even in the house so her being black is a bit of an exciting taboo. so you know how it will end.

Got that in about a minute and scribbled it down in the plot bunny notebook.

see aren't you glad I showed you how my mind works (bet your glad I didn't say they were brother and sister huh?)

You can combine your ideas and get--voila!--Finding a Blue-Line Rhythm. It makes absolutely no sense, but hey, I thought I'd make a suggestion. Gotta make myself useful 'round these parts. :)

I knew you were an old softie, LC! You've been sitting around at home reading Regency romance novels, haven't you? Because as I learned during my pregnancy-induced Regency reading marathon, it crops up fairly frequently in those books.

Dont' forget floozy and wench. And doxy, which I really like because it rhymes with "Moxie." God, I love that stuff. I need to get back to New England, stat, and have a Moxie float.

Also, did anyone catch this at postsecret this week? Love it (minus the weird capitalization, that is).

How about "Sound check"

Lets hope for Ryan's sake that Brody can spend more than two minutes in the box.

OK. That's much better than mine.

And since I've read parts of PL's chapters, I can assure you that he gets at least a five minute major every now and again.

You can combine your ideas and get--voila!--Finding a Blue-Line Rhythm. It makes absolutely no sense, but hey, I thought I'd make a suggestion. Gotta make myself useful 'round these parts. :)

I knew you were an old softie, LC! You've been sitting around at home reading Regency romance novels, haven't you? Because as I learned during my pregnancy-induced Regency reading marathon, it crops up fairly frequently in those books.

Dont' forget floozy and wench. And doxy, which I really like because it rhymes with "Moxie." God, I love that stuff. I need to get back to New England, stat, and have a Moxie float.

Also, did anyone catch this at postsecret this week? Love it (minus the weird capitalization, that is).

Now wench is one of my fav's I usually use it along with "red headed" when dealing with the wife

Have we used Bimbo yet?

The closest I have ever gotten to reading romance is when I read a story in a 1940's romance comic it was fucking hilarious! The girl's rival was one of those "bad girls" because. ready? she was wearing jeans!

Is that for when he whacks her in the face with his cock and gets called for "high sticking?"

Yeah, the jack is beginning to kick in.

I think if he did that, she'd find a new use for her guitar strings.

Yes, I could tell. ;)

Now wench is one of my fav's I usually use it along with "red headed" when dealing with the wife

Have we used Bimbo yet?

The closest I have ever gotten to reading romance is when I read a story in a 1940's romance comic it was fucking hilarious! The girl's rival was one of those "bad girls" because. ready? she was wearing jeans!

I got one better than THAT.

One of my ancestors wrote a history of Jefferson County Illinois, and the book is full of amusing anecdotes about the people of that place back about 1820. One tale is about a young woman who was gifted with a new leghorn bonnet, and the scandal it created. My ancestor prefaces the tale with the revelation that people were poor then, and no one ever got anything that was NEW. And if anyone got something NEW it was a provocation for all kinds of excitement. He then details how a new bonnet soiled the young woman's reputation in the minds of most females.

since the kidlet is in daycare today, the goals are:
--finish writing these darn requirements for job applications
--make progress on the journal article
--work more on the holiday story, and decide whether it's worth it to push forward this year or leave it until next

we'll see.

How about "Sound check"

Oh, I so needed that laugh! Thanks, LC! :)

The story's getting shunted to the back burner again. Except for Monday, every night this week has been or will be about theatre. I've been to auditions twice, have rehearsals tonight and tomorrow, will go see a friend's show on Saturday, then commence with Hell Week. I can't believe we're less than a week away from Opening Night. GAH!!

I got one better than THAT.

One of my ancestors wrote a history of Jefferson County Illinois, and the book is full of amusing anecdotes about the people of that place back about 1820. One tale is about a young woman who was gifted with a new leghorn bonnet, and the scandal it created. My ancestor prefaces the tale with the revelation that people were poor then, and no one ever got anything that was NEW. And if anyone got something NEW it was a provocation for all kinds of excitement. He then details how a new bonnet soiled the young woman's reputation in the minds of most females.

Yes she was selling herself back then. The other alternative that came along was that she was a witch and used her powers to seduce an upstanding man into giving it to her

Back