Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

New Release: Treasure's Gift - Menage F/M/F

Out NOW from Decadent Publishing:

When Mark pops in on a work visit to Houston, the lovely and curvaceous Treasure not only plans to make his fantasies come true, but ups the ante by adding an equally delicious friend to the mix. Can Mark resist Treasure's temptation or will two women double his pleasure

Buy Link: http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=517&osCsid=8g5t8nosg5iek3dioh913hob12

Excerpt: “I’m not buying your bullshit. I’m proud of you. But you can’t waltz in here and stay with me without giving me warning so I can rearrange my schedule.”

He lifted his glass and poured more scotch into the settled ice. “I’d rather you not—”

Her eyes widened, “You don’t love me?”

He arched a brow. How could she doubt his love for her? Hell, he’d tried to show her every time he’d come to town, but it became impossible when she’d found a boyfriend two years earlier. Hanging with her had felt awkward even when the two split. “With all my heart, I love you.”

Her frown deepened. “Then quit belittling me!"

“I’m fine, dear. Okay?”

Treasure slapped his shoulder.

He caught her arm, dropped the timbre of his voice. “I’d slow down for you.”

“You haven’t yet.” She lifted her chin.

“Make me?” Mark spun around in the chair and stared at the documents spread before him. Loan papers, contractor bids, materials lists, and schedules for the next few weeks lay scattered across the desk. He glanced over his shoulder.

“Maybe I will.” She glared, flicking her tongue over her plump bottom lip.

His cock hardened. “You haven’t yet.” Straddling him with her ass pressed against his taut stomach, Treasure giggled.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he slid his fingers up her belly slowly, inch by inch.

“You really like the way I look?” Doubt laced her voice.

“You’re beautiful, a full figured woman with—” A knock cut him off.

He turned his head toward the front door. Nothing was going to ruin this perfect moment, dammit! “What the hell?”

A wicked grin crossed Treasure’s puckered lips. “That should be Cristina.”

Buy Link: http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=517&osCsid=8g5t8nosg5iek3dioh913hob12

Sascha Illyvich
Bad Boy of Romance

Is anybody having this problem with SW? :confused: I try to post a story, and get the message it has to be in doc. format. Well, that's what it is. How can I convince the site of that? :confused:

Is anybody having this problem with SW? :confused: I try to post a story, and get the message it has to be in doc. format. Well, that's what it is. How can I convince the site of that? :confused:

Is it 2003? That's what they require.

I'm having a little trouble as well I have had a book awaiting approval for the premium category for 3 weeks now. I have asked about it twice and gotten no response.

Is it 2003? That's what they require.

I'm having a little trouble as well I have had a book awaiting approval for the premium category for 3 weeks now. I have asked about it twice and gotten no response.

2003? :confused: No, my Office is newer than that. Does anybody still use software that old?

ETA: Amazon has no trouble accepting stories written in it. Neither does Lit.

2003? :confused: No, my Office is newer than that. Does anybody still use software that old?

Yes, absolutely. Few publishers have updated beyond 97-2003. I have to step all of my electronic edits down to that. Publishers can't afford to upgrade all of their operations at the Microsoft pace.

ETA: Amazon has no trouble accepting stories written in it. Neither does Lit.

Go up to the left hand corner where the multi colored symbol is.

Right click and you will see several options one of them will be save as

hpver over that and you will get several options including 1997-2003.

Click that and your new doc has now been saved as the older version.

as far as I know even the newest version of word can save to an older version.

I have word 2010 at home but my cheap ass computer at work has 2003 I save my docs to that all the time so I can edit at work.

Go up to the left hand corner where the multi colored symbol is.

Right click and you will see several options one of them will be save as

hpver over that and you will get several options including 1997-2003.

Click that and your new doc has now been saved as the older version.

as far as I know even the newest version of word can save to an older version.

I have word 2010 at home but my cheap ass computer at work has 2003 I save my docs to that all the time so I can edit at work.

Thanks, LC; I sent them Naughty Nurse, and it is in review. Now, all I have to do is lie back and watch the money roll in. :rolleyes:

SW seems more difficult to submit to tha Amazon, but it also seems like it should be more lucrative. Or less unlucrative. My commissions from Amazon total about five dollars for three months. :eek: I have made a lot more than that from Lit last year alone.

ETA: I have now submitted the second story, Annie's Neglected Pussywhich is also in review. I will see how these do before submitting any more.

Last edited:
Topless Adventures

Smashwords: Topless Adventures

Barry and Donna are poor, but they're star students. They graduate from college as a skilled, but penniless, married couple.
Donna has filled out and put some curves on her bone thin young frame. She's now and attractive statuesque woman. However, due to her earlier poverty and need to study hard to win a scholarship, she has almost no social experience.
Barry gets a good job, and the young couple begin the slow process of digging their way out of poverty. Suddenly, Barry is presented with an opportunity for advancement. However, to advance, Barry and Donna need to take a customer and his wife to a topless restaurant. The waitresses are topless at the restaurant, so are the customer ladies.
To Barry's surprise, Donna is willing, even eager to go topless at the restaurant.
Barry can see that the topless restaurant visits will lead to wife swapping. However, he's unable to convince his very naïve wife what will almost certainly happen.
The first topless restaurant visit goes fairly well. Donna finds that she really likes to show herself off in public and doesn't really mind the touchy-feely. It turns out that there's no partner swap.
Barry must continue to take customers to the topless restaurant, in order to keep his job and the paycheck that he and Donna need.
There are more topless restaurant visits, and Donna and the customer lady get barer and barer, as the visits continue.
It then dawns on Donna and Barry that they have jumped into the deep end of the sexual pool. They are inexperienced and the learning process greatly affects Donna. Donna quickly learns that what she's going through isn't at all like a Hollywood musical.
By the time that Donna and Barry find out that they're maybe into something scary, it's too late to back out. They have to learn to cope, or else.
Join Donna and Barry, for an exciting, bumpy ride!

fcccda0b980ced3768a20c30d3a773e1f0b0184f

Does going nude mean that I have to screw?

Check it out! Topless Adventures

Does Smashwords have a certain Puritan Streak? :confused: I posted a story with a cover pic, and they refused to accept it for distribution because it violated their ban on nudity. :eek:

Does Smashwords have a certain Puritan Streak? :confused: I posted a story with a cover pic, and they refused to accept it for distribution because it violated their ban on nudity. :eek:

Yes, they do. For one of my pen name books (Labyrinth by Dirk Hessian), a mythical historical set in the Mediterranean, the cover art has the back of a naked warrior in it. All distributors took it, as it Smashwords initially. They later rejected the cover, telling the publisher he had to redo it. He put a skirt on the guy for a couple of months and then replaced it with the original cover, and they haven't said anything about it since then.

520337.jpg

This is the new generation of R. Richard covers. Please let me know what you think.

Island Tour

Amazon: Island Tour

The Admiral hands me a spec sheet. The stuff specified in the spec sheet is routine and I can do it, no sweat. The fee offered is damn good, too damn good! The Admiral isn't paying me that kind of money for a simple software development and install.
I wonder what's going on and I look back up at the Admiral.
The Admiral sort of stares into space. He lectures me, "Jim, I have five female staff. One per island. They're doing a good job up to now. However, they're dying of boredom alone on an isolated island. You deliver a computer program, some prime steaks, Idaho baked potatoes, champagne, candlelight, etc. You then leave me with five satisfied ladies. Got that?"

4194wZKJGnL._BO2,204,203,200.jpg

Five islands, five women, five assignments!

Check it out! Island Tour

Last edited:

An easy way around that is to place your text across the nude parts. Like putting a tag line across the nipples or something like that.

New publisher relaunch on 21 April 2012 of a 2008 GM title, Man’s Man, by habu (a pen name of sr71plt).

BLURB:

Brian Hinton didn’t set out to be a high-priced male prostitute based in L.A. but traveling far and wide to serve the desires and fetishes of rich and powerful men who could afford to pay $3,000 an hour for his attentions. Like many young, handsome men with acting talent that shines brightly on the small-town stage, Brian wanted to break into movie stardom. But also like many of these young men, he found that his greatest talent and charisma was in being at the beck and call of already-successful men with unusual appetites and thick wallets.

Unlike some of these other men, though, Brian embraced the possibilities and made the most of the natural allure that he evoked in other man and, with gusto and without apologies or reservations, entered into a fascinating life of making the most of what he had in a reality-based arc in the spotlight that, in this collection of stories of sexual gay male encounter begins in naïve, overstretching ambition and ends with a satisfied sigh.

This is a change-in-publisher relaunch of Man’s Man.

EXCERPT:

I hadn’t given any thought really to how I was going to lose my virginity before I did so. But then I was so narcissistic in those days that I didn’t give much thought at all to anything but what a handsome and talented fellow I was. It helped that I was, in fact, very well built and endowed and was good at everything I tried and had no lack of offers to lose my virginity early.

I was the best thing on two legs the year I graduated from high school. Star quarterback of the football team, lead in the senior play, king of the prom, and I was the lead singer for a rock band that was well-known and highly appreciated for a good hundred yards beyond all borders of my high school district. I could have collected cherries left and right, I’m sure, if I wasn’t more stuck on myself than any of my classmates were on me. I wouldn’t have noticed a pass or an offer for sex in those days if it were engraved on my forehead. The yearbook predicted I would be a movie star—and I, of course, believed what my yearbook said.

Being a movie star was exactly what I wanted to be.

784364.jpg

Behind Stone Walls

A new compilation from Yellow Silk Dreams, featuring four authors -- Eve McFadden (aka PennLady), Jacquline George, Jocelyn Modo and Gemma Parkes. Completely separated by geography and culture in the USA, UK and Australia, the four of us sat down at our computers and wrote stories on the same theme - The Castle. Behind Stone Walls is available as an e-book exclusively at Amazon.

Excerpt from Eve McFadden's "Leaving the Castle"

“That works.” Sasha’s voice was breathy. “So, what does a rogue do, exactly?”

He lowered his lips to within an inch of hers. “First thing, he steals a kiss as a reward for helping the beautiful princess escape from the evil queen.”

Sasha started to smile but his lips were on hers before she could. For just a moment, she froze; she hadn’t believed it would happen, that Ty would kiss her. It was like a dream. When Ty slid one arm around her waist and cupped her head so that he could deepen the kiss, the dream slid away. This was real and Sasha intended to enjoy every second. She reached up to wrap her arms around his neck and parted her lips.

Ty wondered if anyone was watching them, but when Sasha opened under him he didn’t care. He pulled her to him, trying not to crush her. His tongue dove into her mouth, dancing with hers as he tasted her.

Her body was soft against his, and warm under the clothes she wore. He pressed against her, hoping he wouldn’t scare her but unable to stop himself. After another minute, they broke the kiss.

“Wow.” Sasha cleared her throat and laughed. “You certainly live up to your roguish reputation.”

Ty pressed his forehead to hers. “If we weren’t out in public, I’d live up to it a lot more.”

Sasha took a deep breath. “I think I’d like that.”

Ty stilled. “Are you sure? Because I know I’d love that.”

“Yes.”

New Computer

Amazon: New Computer

A hard hitting expose of what REALLY goes on in the nasty business of moving files from one computer to another.
Do it quick! Do it cheap! Do it easy!
Don't reveal the ending.
Mature audience only.

41bWsY%2BcyyL._BO2,204,203,200.jpg

Rips the cover off a really nasty situation!

Check it out! New Computer

Launched on 5 May 2012 by BarbarianSpy, a GM/bisexual humor romance novella, Luther, by habu (a pen name of sr71plt):

BLURB:

Luther is a young man seeming to be happily tooling along on the edge of life in the beach resort town of Cape May, New Jersey, only half aware of what is happening around and to him because he was born slow-witted. But what he appears to have been shortchanged in brain cells has been more than made up in physical attributes he inherited from a mixed-race coupling.

Those around him, from his priest to his former teachers to his current employers to jaded rich tourists and a social worker, are eager to take advantage of both of his most apparent traits—his innocence and good humored readiness to please and his arresting physical endowments. The few genuine friends he has—who aren’t so genuine that they shirk from getting in on what he has to offer themselves—feel sorry for his plight and worried for his future. But Luther himself seems happy as a clam and, perhaps, just perhaps, is more in control of what is going on, and less taken advantage of, than anyone suspects.

Luther’s “normal” life as the furniture refinisher for the antique store-owning pair of Tim and Alfred and sometimes fishing trip second mate to the married Rob is set on edge by busybody and judgmental neighbor, Mrs. Watson, when Luther is visited in his home workshop by his former gym teacher, Grant, and by Luther’s new, “special” friend, Keith, who decides that what would make Luther even more perfect would be a Prince Albert ring. When rich, predator yachters Jonathan and Pamela appear on the scene to sail Luther away into a new life of service, Luther is faced with the decision to go with the flow with good humor as he’d always done before to fit into life or to assert his own wants and needs.

EXERPT:

“Pretty sleek, isn’t she?”

“Yes, she sure is,” Luther answered. He was standing at the edge of the parking lot at Cape May Harbor, bare chested and in worn blue jeans, with a slit at one of the knees, his bare feet in a pair of thin sandals. The cabin cruiser was gleaming white and long and had at least three decks to it as far as Luther could see, not counting the top sundeck where a raven-haired woman with the slightest of bikinis on was stretched out on a deck lounger.

The man standing next to Luther was maybe in his early fifties. His once-dark hair had grayed at the temple. He wasn’t as tall as Luther and was slimmer, but he looked like he spent a good amount of his time in the gym. His face was handsome, although someone more worldly wise than Luther could have seen that it had had a lot of work done on it. He was nattily decked out in white trousers and a white polo shirt, white deck loafers without socks, and a white sweater reversed on his back, with the arms loosely tied across his chest. He had a gold medallion nestled in his chest hair, dangling on a gold chain around his neck; a diamond ring large enough to choke a horse; and a Rolex watch. His hands were manicured and the sunglasses wedged in his hair cost more than Luther made in a year.

All of this swept right past Luther, though. The man had talked to him in a friendly manner and smiled at him. He was being real friendly. That was enough for Luther to be friendly back.

“Her name is Pamela.”

“Oh, that’s a nice name.”

“The ship is called Pamela too. And it’s pretty sleek too, if I do say so.”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean—”

“Oh, I know you didn’t. I was just joking with you. My name is Jonathan. Jonathan Payne. That’s my boat. My wife too, for that matter.”

“Umm. That’s nice. I’m—”

“You’re Luther. Yes, I know. I’ve checked around.”

“You’ve checked around?”

“How would you like to do some cruising in that yacht, Luther?”

“Cruising? Me?”

“Yes, you. We can make it worth your while. Say $200 for a day cruise. We could go out now and come back tonight.”

“Now?” Luther asked. He would have been a real dummy not to notice that Jonathan had the palm of a hand on the small of his back.

“Yes, of course now. Let’s say $300.”

“Uh, that sounds nice, but I promised to meet a friend at sunset. Down on the beach.”

“Oh, hell, $500 and we’ll have you back in the morning.” Obviously Jonathan didn’t realize that Luther had little sense for money. He might have had much more success by telling Luther how fast the yacht could cruise and how its engine worked.

“I’d love to go out in that yacht. Maybe some other day,” was what Luther answered.

“Yes, maybe some other day,” Jonathan repeated. He didn’t seem that upset he hadn’t succeeded. But with people like him, there always was another day.

“But you’d be willing to go out with us someday?”

“I’d love it. I have a friend to meet at sunset, though.”

“So you said. Well, anytime you have for cruising come on down. If we’re here, we’ll be happy to have you . . . to take you out.”

“Thanks, Mr. Payne. I’d like that.”

“It’s Jonathan. And, Luther, we’d show you a really good time. A really good time.”

Luther smiled like he understood what he was being told.

“Oh, here, you have a speck on your jeans. Let me . . .” Without further asking, he let his hand run down Luther’s crotch. He drew in his breath deeply at discovering how far he had to slide the hand to run out of what he was checking.

“Uh, thanks. I gotta go now. Bye.”

“Bye, Luther. Tell you what, you go out on a cruise with us and I’ll give you $1,000.”

“That’s great, Mr. Payne. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

Jonathan stood, shaking his head, and moving his hand on his crotch as he watched Luther jauntily walk away toward the Cape May beaches.

788790.jpg

Last edited:
A while ago, there was a question about posting incest stories on SW and on Amazon. How did that come out? I just posted an extreme father/daughter story (Little Mandy and Her Daddy) on SW, and I am thinking about posting it on Amazon also. :confused:

New Release: Ares for Days by Brent Grasson

Ares for Days [Kindle Edition]
Brent Grasson (Author)

coverPart1.jpg

File Size: 52 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Hard Nine Books (May 5, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B0080Z6JJS
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
Lending: Enabled

http://www.amazon.com/Ares-for-Days-ebook/dp/B0080Z6JJS

This is the story of a woman who thought she had found the relationship of a life time until she met an attractive woman with an equally strong and loving relationship. A little play complicates everything she believed a relationship should be

Sweet Reluctance
by L.L. Craft.

attachment.php

Now available on Smashwords.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/160094

Like many older men, Josh Daniels has a thing for young women. However, where most fantasize about sexy young coeds who love sex, Josh's tastes are a little different. Rather than hot and slutty, Josh likes his young ladies to be girl next door types who are sweet, innocent and most importantly? Reluctant.

Since a chance encounter with an intern who needed a favor several years ago, Josh has had a fetish for control. He lives to 'help' out sweet young things who need a little extra cash, but only if they don't really want to. For Josh, it's not about taking their bodies, so much as their innocence.
To him there is nothing better than a pair of trembling lips, big wide eyes and most of all, those adorable little sounds of protest as he makes good girls show him how bad they can be.

Unfortunately for Josh, these opportunities are few and far between. But today his cute little 19 year old house cleaner Tammy has come to him needing some money for school. Josh is more than willing to help and proceeds to find out just how far sweet Tammy will go for a little financial aid.
Excerpt from Sweet reluctance.

“May I take your shirt off sir?”

“I like that Tammy.” I nodded. “That’s the way to play, no bullshit, just you being a good little,” I smirked, “Slut”

I again saw that flash of anger in her eyes, but as she slid my shirt from my shoulders she whispered, “Yes sir.”

“Yes?” I asked. “So you admit you’re a little slut?”

“I…I’m a slut sir. I’m whatever you say I am.”

“Good.” I told her, “Now what would a slut do next?”

She dropped my shirt to the floor and closed her eyes. Her lips had that precious tremble going again and her breath was coming in short gasps, as if she were ready to cry. I started to tell her what to do, but stopped as she slowly sank to her knees. I looked down at her kneeling in front of me and felt my heart begin to beat faster. This would be the point of no return, if she didn’t quit now I would have whatever I wanted.

Attachments

• sweetreluctanceinsidecover.jpg
    sweetreluctanceinsidecover.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Nighttime Wishes by MA Church

My lastest m/m scifi ebook Nighttime Wishes is out! Published through Romance First.

Excerpt:

A small tow-headed child stood in his footed pajamas at his second-story bedroom window staring above the tree line, his large, chocolate brown eyes wide. Bright lights moved in odd circles in the distance.

“Cool.”

One light suddenly took a hard right turn and headed in his direction, moving fast. Brightness lit up his room, framing Shawn in the window. He blinked and shaded his eyes, but was unable to see anything.

The hair on his body stood up and his small hand clenched the curtains. He was afraid, but he didn’t feel threatened. The white light changed to a pale yellow, then returned to bright white. Seconds later, the light was gone and he stood in the dark again. The other lights shot off across the sky, heading away from him. All except for one; it hovered close to his house for several moments before it left, too. As he released the curtain, he remembered his mom commenting about making a wish upon a shooting star. He shrugged his shoulders. “Why not?” There, in the dead of night, Shawn made a wish.

The first time he saw the lights in the nighttime sky he was six.

Shawn saw the lights again when he was twelve and waiting for his parents to pick him up after a middle school football game. He brushed his chin-length hair out of his eyes so he could see better. The nighttime sky was cloudy and the lights reflecting off the clouds a little creepy. Several of the guys waiting with him said they saw the darting lights, too, but they thought it was nothing more than a police helicopter or a medevac.

Shawn knew better.

One light followed him on the long drive home, ducking and weaving through the clouds. Shawn rested his head against the headrest in the back seat, keeping an eye on it. It disappeared when they arrived home; neither of his parents saw it. Later that night, a beam of light shone through his window.

When he didn’t come to the window, the beam narrowed and entered his room. Shawn sat up in bed, watching the random light patterns on the floor. It was searching for him. He was nervous, but the light hadn’t hurt him the last time. Shawn frowned. What would the light do if he didn’t come to the window? Would it leave, or… what? There was only one way to find out.

“I’m not getting up, it’s too cold.”

The beam trailed across the floor, climbed his bed, and focused on him. Again the light went from white to pale yellow, then back to white. Moments later it was gone. Question answered—the light would come to him if he didn’t go to it.

Something that wasn’t of this Earth was watching him.

Available at:
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-nighttimewishes-790160-143.html

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/159029

http://www.amazon.com/Nighttime-Wis...2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1336836787&sr=1-2-catcorr

Attachments

• Nighttime Wishes cover.png
    Nighttime Wishes cover.png
    30 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Okay art fans, here's a previously published Amazon story, with a brand new cover. Whaddaya think?

Nude Town

Amazon: Nude Town

There’s a little town up in the mountains of southern California. The town was a popular resort for some years and even the rich and famous came to the town and the nearby lake for summer vacations, because it was cooler up in the mountains than down in the heat of the big cities. However, the resort didn't advertise and gradually people came to think that the town was too far away from the big cities for casual visitors and not far enough away to be a glamorous hideaway. The number of visitors slowly but steadily dropped. The problem was a very gradual one and, unfortunately, not all that visible for a time.
By the time that the extent of the problem was realized, the town was on the verge of bankruptcy. If the town wanted to survive, they had to attract tourists, lots of tourists. The only group of potential tourists with numbers and money enough to rescue the town were nudists. The only way that the town could attract the nudists was to make the whole area a nudist area.
For the residents of the town, it was go nude or go bankrupt.

cover.jpg

Go nude or go bankrupt!

Check it out! Nude Town

Last edited:
Broken Book Four: Lex Talionis

attachment.php

A Tale of Incest, insanity and Revenge.

An excellent student, gifted athlete and notorious lady killer, Mark Phillips has it all. What no one, not even his sister and forbidden lover Megan knows, is that Mark has inherited his father's curse. So far he has been able to control the Voice in his mind, but when Mark encounters Max, the foster father who abused him for years The Voice wants revenge and nothing short of Max's death will do!

Excerpt from Lex Talionis.

“Whew” Max exclaimed, sitting back, his blue eyes practically popping out of his head “This is what it’s all about kid.” There was one line left and he was looking at it as if wondering if he could handle it.

“Feel good Max?” I asked.

“Feel fucking great! Just fucking great.”

“Well finish up then, there’s more coming soon.”

This time when Max looked up not only were his eyes electric, but his face flushed as well, he was positively flying. As Max looked at me I slowly took what was left of the cigarette and ground it out into the palm of my hand. I felt nothing at all. Oh yes, the time was almost at hand. Max had seen me put the cigarette out and shook his head.

“Damn kid, you are a little tapped aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I was taught to accept pain at a young age.” I told him.

Max shook his head and then licking the tips of his fingers, began to run them around the platter gathering anything his nose missed. As I watched, he brought his fingers to his mouth and started sucking on them.

“So Max.” I began “Seeing we got a couple of minutes we should talk.”

“What about? money?”

I shook my head.

“No I’m not worried about that, but you know Friday when you were asking questions? You know, worried about me?”

Max looked at me and I noticed he was still sniffing as if he thought he might still have some somewhere.

“Hey kid nothin’ personal, I just needed to make sure you were cool.”
“And am I cool Max?”

“Yeah sure,” Max answered. “Hell I'm jealous kid; you got a nice car, decent place, makin’ some money, and I bet that little redhead takes damn good care of you. You got it made.”

“Well you know Max I was just wondering if I can ask you something?”

“Sure only fair I guess.” Max leaned forward and licking his finger again, began running it around the plate as if he had missed some the first time around.

“Well Max you said you did some time and I was wondering why?”

“Why you need to know?”

Max appeared to focus on me for the first time since he had started snorting.
“If we’re going to be doing biz it’s something I should know.”

“Fine it’s like I said in the bar; I tried to buy from a narc and ended up doing three months.”

I shook my head.

“No, that’s not true , or maybe it is, but there's something else isn't there?”

Max looked up from the plate again and for the first time seemed like he was getting pissed off.

“Look kid, just cause you’re hooking me up doesn't mean I have to tell you anything.”

“Then maybe I should tell you Max,” I began. “Because I already know what you did three years for.”

As I spoke our eyes locked. Max's looked as if they were bugging out of his head, and I knew mine were as black as sin.

“Do you now?” Max asked. “And what do you think I did kid?”

“Well see,” I started. “I heard a story, but you know I don't like to take others words and I figured since we were cool I'd like to hear it from you.”

“Does it matter?” He asked looking around nervously.

“The reason?” I shook my head. “No. The honesty? Yes.”
Max shook his head.

“Sorry kid that’s my business, and I don't think you know anything”
“Okay” I said “Let’s try this; I heard it was because you whacked some kid around.”

“That’s bullshit.” Max said, but his eyes told a different story.
“And I don't mean a kid like I'm a kid,” I continued. “I mean a young one, barely a teenager.

I started to breath deeper as everything began slowing down even more.

“Ohhhh,” The Voice moaned. “We are soooo close!”

“Hey listen” Max said “I don't know what you heard, but it wasn't like that. I mean come on man kids get out of control you know?”

“That they do Max.” I nodded “Always in your way, always talking, always crying, getting into your shit. I understand”

“Yeah exactly this one was like that.”

“Heard you split his head open Max, landed him in the hospital put him in a coma for a few days they say.”

I was still speaking softly and remained perfectly still, barely even blinking.

“Look it was an accident; I mean sure I meant to hit him, but well you know when...”

“Heard it wasn't even your kid he was some foster kid.”

“Yeah you know those kids they were trouble you know what I mean?” Max grunted in disgust “They were all messed up already. Especially this kid, fuck they paid me extra to take his retarded ass.”

“But you knew what could fix him didn’t you Max?” I asked. “Is that it? You had to straighten his little state rat ass out right?”

Max looked at me oddly, then shrugged.

“Those kids needed to be taught hard lessons.”

I shook my head.

“Bet you don't even remember the kids name do you Max?”

“Of course I do, that little shit.” Max was getting louder now. “You’re right I did three years because of him all because he was where he shouldn't have been.” He shook his head “Fuck if I saw him now I'd kick his fucking ass again”
“Really?” I asked.

“Oh this couldn’t get any better!!”

“Damn straight! That little fucker cost me my job and you know what? I had a good gig goin’ with those foster kids! Nice fat check and everything.”
Max shook his head and sighed as if saying those were the days. “So when's this guy coming?”

“So what was it?” I asked.

I could feel it starting. My heart was beating faster and I could feel my muscles tensing.

“What was what?”

I rolled my eyes.

“The kids name stupid.”

“Kid? Oh yeah it was Mark, kind of funny huh?”
“Fucking hilarious”

I stared at him and smiled coldly.

“Hey Max why don’t you take a good look at me again. Because you were right the other day; you do know me.”

Max looked as if he were going to say something, but instead stared at me intently. I smiled at him again and whispered;

“What’s the matter Max?” I asked him. “Need a clue?” lowering my voice to a whisper I added; “Am I making too much noise for you?”

Max’s eyes widened and in that moment he knew who I was.
“Whoa, hey listen kid.” He started.

“By the way Max,” I said quietly. “My sister is alive; I went to live with her after you almost killed me.” I shook my head as I continued;

“How sick do you have to be to tell a kid his sister’s dead? To beat him until he can’t even cry anymore? To fuck him up so bad he can’t sleep ten years later.”
I shrugged;

“You know Max you really should have hit me harder with that plate. I mean sure you would have done more time if you had killed me, but then on the other hand you wouldn’t be dying today now would you?

“Mark,” Max put his hands up as if to say calm down, but I could see his muscles tensing, getting ready to swing. “I think you got this wrong …."

“We’ve been waiting for you Max.” I said.

“Hey listen kid I think you’re a little mixed up.”

Max's eyes dropped to the table. I followed his gaze to the razor blade next to the plate.

“I just have one question Max” I whispered. “Is it true people on coke don't feel pain?”

Attachments

• broken4insidecover3.jpg
    broken4insidecover3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Back