“Comment submitted to moderation?”

swingerjoe

Experienced
I woke up this morning to find that every time I write a comment, I get a message saying “comment submitted to moderation.” Followed by something like: “comment will be posted once it passes moderation process.”

Is it just me? Or is Lit picking on me for some reason?

I woke up this morning to find that every time I write a comment, I get a message saying “comment submitted to moderation.” Followed by something like: “comment will be posted once it passes moderation process.”

Is it just me? Or is Lit picking on me for some reason?

Nope. It's not just you. I just checked and I got that too. Interesting change. Moderating comments on Literotica? Yikes.

Nope. It's not just you. I just checked and I got that too. Interesting change. Moderating comments on Literotica? Yikes.

I wonder if this is the admin response to those many, many spam comments. I've removed ten so far from my week-old story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm... would this be “moderation” as in “every author moderates the comments on their own stories,” to “moderation” as in an extra layer of security?

Well it went thru and the comment is there now so I guess it's a change of some sort but my comment is up. It wasn't when I checked a few minutes ago.

Ummm... would this be “moderation” as in “every author moderates the comments on their own stories,” to “moderation” as in an extra layer of security?

I just got a real non-spam comment a few minutes ago and I did not see it before it was posted live, so I'll say not author-moderated. However I can still delete any comment I want if the mood strikes.

Turn off notifications. In the User CP / Default Thread Subscription Mode / change the drop down to No email notification.

Opps...comments??!!?? I have never received that message. Hmmm...how long as it been since I posted a comment on a story? :eek:

I just got a real non-spam comment a few minutes ago and I did not see it before it was posted live, so I'll say not author-moderated. However I can still delete any comment I want if the mood strikes.

I tried it to see and it's a new feature. Definitely not author moderated coz I did it on one of my own stories.

Well, considering some of the flesh-eating comments, particularly in places like LW, this may indeed be a good thing. Anything to keep the haters in their basements. Fingers crossed.

The really strange part is that I've seen some really nasty, personal, comments posted today. Comments that have nothing to do with the story. Even comments with personal attacks toward Laurel and Manu. And yet they passed this new moderation feature?

If the point of moderating comments is to weed out all the nasty comments that infest this site...they're not doing it right.

The really strange part is that I've seen some really nasty, personal, comments posted today. Comments that have nothing to do with the story. Even comments with personal attacks toward Laurel and Manu. And yet they passed this new moderation feature?

If the point of moderating comments is to weed out all the nasty comments that infest this site...they're not doing it right.

I expect that the feature exists just to filter out the spam comments. Aside from that there probably won't be any moderation. That should remain the author's responsibility.

I expect that the feature exists just to filter out the spam comments. Aside from that there probably won't be any moderation. That should remain the author's responsibility.

Yeah. I love those nasty personal attacks. They give me characters to damage or kill in stories. Feel free to lend me them.

Yeah. I love those nasty personal attacks. They give me characters to damage or kill in stories. Feel free to lend me them.

I sincerely doubt you mean that, Chloe. Look at the compassion you showed Xander. You dealt the Chloe-the-Merciless image a real blow that day.

I sincerely doubt you mean that, Chloe. Look at the compassion you showed Xander. You dealt the Chloe-the-Merciless image a real blow that day.

But then there was Luther in the last chapter of Chinese Takeout. Worked over by a biker in the parking lot.....

I just left a comment on someone's story and I didn't see this.

Were you guys logged into your accounts when you saw this message?

I just left a comment on someone's story and I didn't see this.

Were you guys logged into your accounts when you saw this message?

Yes. Logged on. I checked and it still says it's going to moderation. Guess it's a feature now.

Last edited:
Agree. I'm guessing a simple algorithm that scans all comments for external links, and kills those that contain a link. Links used to get bounced at point of entry, so another layer, maybe?

Yep, comment subject to moderation. I wondered if it was just me I do tend to speak my mind.

Just checked and nasty comment passed. Can't imagine what it's for then.

Must be trying to weed out the spam. In all the years I've been here I've never seen as much as the last couple of months have delivered.

It's too bad, but I think they had to. I had a guy have a nearly two page conversation with himself on one of my stories. He used different accounts and anonymous accounts but it was very easy to tell it was him just from the simple and repetitive prose he used. He also, sometimes,, forgot which account he was arguing with.

Total free speech is really difficult sometimes.

Back