Star Wars: Cataclysm (OOC)

Absolutely, Jedi. I'll let Xerran feel Destinus' presence, and have the presence of mind (all puns intended) to flee back towards Republic space. I won't control Xerran per se, only interpret the actions from the Sith point of view. The invasion of Bakura will start (and probably end) in Destinus' post. The only thing I'm worried about is Thallan. I don't know how to write him into the invasion post, I had counted on Destinus meeting a player-character level of resistance so soon. I don't know if Thallan wants to get the hell out of Bakura before the invasion, or if he'll try to hit Destinus head on. Once we resolve that, I can get to work finishing this post.

I should probably PM you. I has an idear! :D
 
Absolutely, Jedi. I'll let Xerran feel Destinus' presence, and have the presence of mind (all puns intended) to flee back towards Republic space. I won't control Xerran per se, only interpret the actions from the Sith point of view. The invasion of Bakura will start (and probably end) in Destinus' post. The only thing I'm worried about is Thallan. I don't know how to write him into the invasion post, I had counted on Destinus meeting a player-character level of resistance so soon. I don't know if Thallan wants to get the hell out of Bakura before the invasion, or if he'll try to hit Destinus head on. Once we resolve that, I can get to work finishing this post.

I was actually planning on having Xerran be in a meeting with top Republic military brass somewhere in the Core Worlds, not on that frigate, when he felt the disturbance caused by the Sith attack on Bakura. The frigate is disposable, if the fleet manages to catch it before it jumps to hyperspace, but not before it sends out the warning. It just depends on how prepared you want the Republic to be. If the ship escapes, it'll have the sensor data showing the size of the Sith fleet. If it doesn't escape, then the Republic will probably underestimate the size and respond accordingly.
 
I was hoping to have Destinus operate a little more under wraps so early on in Act one. I'll have the ship destroyed, but it can certainly send along the emergency transmissions, which would correlate Xerran's message to the Republic. As time progresses, we'll find ourselves in the giant set-piece battles. This early on, not so much. I'm not trying to take out any named-characters of super importance until Destinus has a reputation to set ahead of himself.
 
OK I need a little bit of help. I don't know where to position my characters. Dann could be at the academy or (if I remember correctly what a Jedi Guardian is) he could be on an outer rim world? Alec I have no idea where to place him, Onderon perhaps?
 
OK I need a little bit of help. I don't know where to position my characters. Dann could be at the academy or (if I remember correctly what a Jedi Guardian is) he could be on an outer rim world? Alec I have no idea where to place him, Onderon perhaps?

Hmmm...choices, you must make. At the Academy, Dann could be, or perhaps on his first mission to a world in need, he could be going.

As for Alec, Nal Hutta or Nar Shaddaa would be perhaps the best places to be for someone looking for work as a contract killer, since those are the seats of power for the Hutts.
 
I was hoping to have Destinus operate a little more under wraps so early on in Act one. I'll have the ship destroyed, but it can certainly send along the emergency transmissions, which would correlate Xerran's message to the Republic. As time progresses, we'll find ourselves in the giant set-piece battles. This early on, not so much. I'm not trying to take out any named-characters of super importance until Destinus has a reputation to set ahead of himself.

Oh don't worry, it'll take awhile for the Republic to gear up. Destinus will probably be able to take a few more populated worlds before the Republic starts mounting real resistance and possible counter-attacks. It's not like the politicians will believe the word of a Jedi and a vague, partially scrambled warning message right away. Not until they start losing their worlds one by one, of course.
 
Just waiting to see if MilkMaiden will be joining before posting for Alec.

While having a beer or six, I will have a post up for Dann.
 
Alrighty. Hope I didn't step on any toes and that my post is adequate.

What? No questions from Thallan about who blew up Vaas' fortress? I'm almost disappointed. Almost. I am impressed that you managed to save Vaas though. That was neat. Should be interesting to see what you do with him.
 
Can I join as well? My character idea is listed below.

Echani Warrior Woman --- Aima Edo

Aima is a super gung-ho warrior that is totally driven by the desire to become the greatest warrior in the galaxy. All her decisions are influenced either to improve or to prove (to herself) her existing skills. She is an excitable girl and it doesn't take much to get her charged up. She thinks most things will turn out okay and she tries to see the best in people. She is trustworthy to a fault. In battle she is daring and a bit reckless—the greater the challenge, the more excited she gets. She talks crudely and always wants to discuss swordplay and stories about famous warriors.

She really likes women (yes she is a lesbian) and has a strong sex drive; however, she is also modest and a bit shy around them. When she does approach a woman, she tends to be romantic; she generally looks for straightforward relations

People around her will notice that she tends to whistle or sings softly to herself, often out of key.
 
Last edited:
Hey MilkMaiden, we'd love to have you on board. The only thing I'm going to ask for is a bit more of your character's back story. Where she's been, and how she got to where/who she is. Nothing to extravagant and crazy, but just enough to get a feel for her beyond being an exotic warrior woman (which is an awesome character template. I dig it.)

EDIT:

Neyvn - That was an awesome post. Kudos.

Just waiting to see if Jedi_Khan wants to put up a post before I move ahead with Destinus' invasion.
 
Last edited:
Just waiting to see if Jedi_Khan wants to put up a post before I move ahead with Destinus' invasion.

Yep, I'll work on a post for both Jodo and Xarren. I'll see about having them up later tonight.


Maiden, does your character really have Coca-Cola bottles tied to her pigtails?
 
More Back story

Aima Edo was born on Eshan, the homeworld of the Echani. The planet Eshan and the Echani Race have been part of the Republic for many thousands of years.

Aima was born to a big Echani clan. She was Force sensitive and most clans mistrust the Great Dragon's power (Echanin name for The Force). So her clan sent her to the monks, this was typically done amoung the Echani. This would be a great turning point in Aima life. She decided her mission after that was to out fight all her siblings and her clan. She quickly became the toughest kid at the monastery. In Echani culture it is believed that to know someone fully, you must fight them. Echani fighting was not only self-defense, but a form of self-expression, a means of communication similar to art. Everyone learned to fight … and for Aima to beat the other kids meant she was special.

By the age of 25 she had mastered almost all the fighting skills available at the monasteries (The Sublime Arts of the Seven). The ruling council (The six sisters) recognized her skills and assigned her to a special assault team.

On her first mission she was sent to Chazwa (a cold world) to stop a smuggler ring dealing in slaves. She helped the team stop the smugglers (she prevented them from poisoning all the slaves as well). Her new teammates didn't know what to make of this new big breasted fighter in the frozen wilderness and that talked crudely and fought with reckless abandon. But she gained their respect after proving herself tough and brave (and just a bit crazy) fighter. In one battle she charged into a group of smugglers and single-handedly bested them. She was asked to stay on the team but she declined. She wanted to learn more about fighting … and doing missions would only slow down her learning. She has wandered the galaxy and now finds herself on Nar Shadaa.


PS. Coke bottles! ... It's the real thing .... just like Aima boobs!
 
Last edited:
All hail the almighty Voice! Tremble as it speaks and heed its words!

Yup.

Tomorrow night, hopefully Jodo will have something.
 
A prophetic Jedi Master? That is a voice I tremble for. Unfortunately for team Jedi, another Back-water has gotta go. I'll have it up tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm liking the Nar Shadaa fisticuffs. I really want to see where that story ends up. Only question I have, is for Deathsknight. Alix would literally have no idea if/when the Sith returned, so I don't see how he figured lightsaber components would be sold to them. Little inconsistencies ruin great stories.

THE STICKLER STRIKES AGAIN!

Catch you guys at the next planetary bombardment!
 
Easy answered while sticking to your own words Mr Stickler.

Alec is a hired gun, he had killed Sith and Jedi in the past. Red crystals especially those filled with dark side powers are used by the Sith. You said that there's Sith around in clans and so on, if Alec sells a red crystal, it will most likely be sold or gifted to a Sith since that is kinda their thing. Alec knows that there's small groups of Sith around, he's been killing some of their leaders, he also knows that black market crystals with dark side powers would be a good thing for a Sith to get hold off, it is a high possibility that the weapon whose parts he had sold could most likely end up back in a Sith's hands.

Alec doesn't know of the Armada, he has no idea that the Sith is rising.

And in case you wish to try the question of why a Sith would want the particular red crystal...they are also attuned to the Force and will most likely like to get their grubby paws on crystals already imbued with power.
 
A prophetic Jedi Master? That is a voice I tremble for. Unfortunately for team Jedi, another Back-water has gotta go. I'll have it up tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm liking the Nar Shadaa fisticuffs. I really want to see where that story ends up. Only question I have, is for Deathsknight. Alix would literally have no idea if/when the Sith returned, so I don't see how he figured lightsaber components would be sold to them. Little inconsistencies ruin great stories.

THE STICKLER STRIKES AGAIN!

Catch you guys at the next planetary bombardment!

In DK's defense, I planned on having Jodo dig up information from smugglers who have ventured into Sith space and returned. There's bound to be a few; how else do Sith Lords keep tabs on the rest of the galaxy when they don't exactly get Good Morning Republica on their local stations? Alec could very well have hitched a ride with these smugglers on his Sith hunting trips. :)
 
The stickler sees logic. NOOOO!!!

I'm sorry, I'm being super confrontational in almost all of my threads today. Bear with me! :)
 
Can others still join in? Have an old friend I haven't posted in a. While.
 
Firstly, Caramel, join right in. The more the merrier. Just give us some type of sign-up.

Secondly, DeathsKnight, I'm here every day. I keep tabs on the stories, and I like how you guys are taking off in random sectors of the Galaxy. I have my next post made, I just figured I'd give Jedi a little more time to put something up like he had wanted too. His posting schedule is erratic as he told us from the get-go. The story will jump real soon, don't you guys worry. :D
 
Copy/pasta from my old char. I like how she turned out.

Formal Name: Astala'anil
Galactic Basic Name: Astalaa Nil
Age: 26

Species: Twi'lek

Skin hue: Deep violet

Languages spoken: Ryl, Basic, Bothese

Distinguishing aspects: Force-sensitive; twin lekku often folded around her shoulders, tattoos on shoulders and on lekku.

Occupation: Spy by trade, though seeking out a jedi to train her in the ways of the Force

Equipment: blaster pistol, double vibroblade staff that can be separated into two vibroblades; thermal detonator, credit chip, data pad.

Appearance:
newastalaa-1.jpg


(except imagine vibroblades rather than lightsabers)

Brief Character history:

Sold in her youth to a Bothan diplomat Astalaa remained his slave up until her 23rd birthday, when she escaped during a blackout in her master's home. The Bothan, aside from enjoying her beauty, her physical favors, and encouraging her lessons in dance had also had her trained to be a bodyguard of sorts. She learned the ways of the vibroblade and the blaster pistol, as well as how to detonate bombs. She was as well as allowed to learn the ways of the diplomacy and spy trade, learning to use anything at her disposal to get the job done, up to and including sexual favors.

The blackout had been a ruse to steal from the Bothan, but she had been unable to help him. He had been killed in his sleep. Not willing to allow herself to be stolen as part of his property, she fled, bartered her way onto a ship and began using her skills and her learning of the diplomacy and intrigue skills of the Bothan Spynet, as well as tapping into the Force to aid her, though how she did that last bit still confused her. She knew she was sensitive to the Force, had known it ever since she was little, but really had very little knowledge of how to harness it. She had heard the tales of the Jedi and had often come across them when her master had taken her along on his trips. She admired them, admired their skills, and wanted to be one, but she had known that until she escaped her fate as a slave or was set free, her chances were slim.

When the chance for her escape came, she quickly formulated her goal. She really wanted to become a Jedi, but she didn't know how to approach them. She figured she would work her way to Coruscant and then onto the Jedi temple. Once there, they might tell her whether she had the skills to become a Jedi, or whether she should forget her dream and remain a spy.

Note: Astalaa knows a little about how to tap into the force, but she doesn't distinguish between light side and dark side very well. She is a good, noble person, but can be crafty, and is suspicious of those who show friendly advances toward her. She doesn't want to get captured and put back into slavery.
 
Just FYI, Jedi is Astalaa's endgame, not mine. I want to see her really struggle to make the decision, especially if she has to make questionable non-jedi choices. I'm a disciple of the Jolee Bindo school of Force Mastery (Gray Jedi ftw). Just let me know where to put her.
 
Back
Top