Hiding restraints

Joshua65

Experienced
I want to install some eyebolts in my bedroom ceiling. But... there are kiddos in the house, and I want to avoid questions. What are some good strategies for hiding eyebolts in plain sight. I've heard of putting them in a hollowed out smoke detector. Does anyone have other ideas?

Hang a flowerpot from them, or any other appropriate ornament.

I would avoid the smoke detector idea - installing fake safety equipment just feels like tempting fate. Plus, one day the kids are going to point out that there's no light on the detector so the battery needs changing, and then where are you?

I would avoid the smoke detector idea - installing fake safety equipment just feels like tempting fate. Plus, one day the kids are going to point out that there's no light on the detector so the battery needs changing, and then where are you?

Bahaha!!! Excellent point!

I agree with the others, finding a utilitarian use for it is probably best.

I agree flower pot.

"Is he a dominant or a submissive, then?" her mother asked.

"Mom!"

"Dear, do you know what a spreader bar is?"

"Mom!" Courtney gasped. "No. And I don't want to know if you do!"

"You know those rosewood planter hangers in your father's and my bedroom?"

"Mother!"

- John Ringo, Ghost, "Thunder Island"

*shrug*

Just thought that snippet from a mainstream book might be relevant to the discussion at hand. (Not to mention the entire phone conversation cracks me the Hell up every single time I read it. I've got tears right now.)

Any road, yeah. I reckon a planter hanger or two is the answer.

I'm having the same dilemma with wanting to retro-fit my bed so that ... things ... can be readily attached to ... other things, without having to shift the mattress, and without being noticeable to the untrained eye. We have a trip to the hardware shop planned for some 'research'.

Overthinking things

You are overthinking things. Steel is strong. 1/8" eye-bolts will support far more weight or force than you can pit on them. Just install them and they will be forgotten. Perhaps paint them withe(?) to match the ceiling initially. They will be forgotten and not noticed before they get scratched up. As for other seeing them, perhaps that plants a kinky question in their minds.

You can simply hang decoration on them, so their existence is justified. Like a model plane, or a chinese lantern. Pick something that matches your bedroom style, and just hang it on them while out of use. Any guest or kid that sees them will not think of them as anything but decor fixture. Especially kids. They don't know about things like BDSM Eyebolts, so they will not question them

You can also put on furniture rings all around your bed frame so that they look like a decor element, and use them as bondage fixtures.

The trick either way is to make things look either like a decor element and nothing else, or to make them look like they serve a different function. People aren't prone to questioning and overthinking such elements - even if they think that such element can be used for bondage, they are much more likely to write it off on their own perverted mind overthinking things. And many non-bdsm crowd will not even question them as such.

Last edited:
Unless suspending somebody from the roof is what you're planning why not just get a metal bed or something with lots of bars and meshes?

Obviously it limits the amount of modifications you can make so I guess it's a trade off between customizability and subtlety.

MODERNO4.6_large.jpg

Unless suspending somebody from the roof is what you're planning why not just get a metal bed or something with lots of bars and meshes?

Obviously it limits the amount of modifications you can make so I guess it's a trade off between customizability and subtlety.

MODERNO4.6_large.jpg

... and style. Most beds that are functional in the bondage sense are butt ugly.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I put my mind to it, I could integrate a few hard points in track lighting.

Agree. I would hang lightweight stuff like a wind chime or dream catcher. Stuff you can easily take down if you need/want to.

The legs, people, the legs. Easy peasy.

Yep. Now that I think about it, my old one had an ornate brass headboard but no footboard. We did use the legs at the bottom.

My current bed is just a metal frame and mattress. No box springs. And I can't believe that I'm going to say this and no, I'm not into incest! But... My daughter told me that her friend and the friend's BF (they live together) have the same bed as me and that it is super easy to put restraints on.

Oh gawd. I went there. Worse still. My daughter went there. I do not even want to know how she knows this but...

Okay... Gonna slink out of this thread now. :eek:

You are overthinking things. Steel is strong. 1/8" eye-bolts will support far more weight or force than you can pit on them. Just install them and they will be forgotten. Perhaps paint them withe(?) to match the ceiling initially. They will be forgotten and not noticed before they get scratched up. As for other seeing them, perhaps that plants a kinky question in their minds.

Agree with this. We had eyebolts on a wood beam across the ceiling. It was rustic so no one noticed.

Painting them seems smart.

My wife thought I was dieing when I read that part of the book...

Such a great series :-D Sorta tones down once he becomes the Kildar. Sorta...

"Is he a dominant or a submissive, then?" her mother asked.

"Mom!"

"Dear, do you know what a spreader bar is?"

"Mom!" Courtney gasped. "No. And I don't want to know if you do!"

"You know those rosewood planter hangers in your father's and my bedroom?"

"Mother!"

- John Ringo, Ghost, "Thunder Island"

*shrug*

Just thought that snippet from a mainstream book might be relevant to the discussion at hand. (Not to mention the entire phone conversation cracks me the Hell up every single time I read it. I've got tears right now.)

Any road, yeah. I reckon a planter hanger or two is the answer.

Back