Hate feedback that is wrong!

Pretty sure you can turn that on, actually. Not sure if that's on a per-story or account-wide basis, but I've heard of the option before. Turning it on means only people that are logged in will be able to comment on your stories. No idea if it affects the emails though, but my guess is that that would be included in that too.
Yes, you can turn anon comments on or off by individual story. You can also delete any comment received.

Feedback through your email is a different system, and it's a global setting. They are separate toggles on your control panel.

Some of my most intelligent comments come from anons. I'd never turn it off. The site gives me all the controls I need, and it's up to me to write competent prose to keep the grammar Nazis at bay.
 
Feedback ‘advice’

Get really hacked off when feedback goes into real literary content like th use of a comma over a full stop (period in USA)
Jesus, really? Enjoy the story, it’s not like your Hemingway, Dickens or Shakespeare yourself. Rant over (kisses!)
 
Get really hacked off when feedback goes into real literary content like th use of a comma over a full stop (period in USA)
Jesus, really? Enjoy the story, it’s not like your Hemingway, Dickens or Shakespeare yourself. Rant over (kisses!)

While I agree that those comments are frustrating, I do find that annoying as well if it happens very often in a story. Of course minor mistakes or typos happen, but if the writer is throwing around commas, periods and semicolons at seemingly random it does start to annoy me. The grammar nazi comments are annoying, but sometimes they are valid if it really harms the enjoyment of the reader.
 
Problematic: I wrote a series that got all red-H's, even the chapters with (to me) blatant errors, and nobody complained. Blatant, as in mixing-up names. So, complaints. Are unearned gripes worse than the absence of valid bitches?
 
Not sure

Problematic: I wrote a series that got all red-H's, even the chapters with (to me) blatant errors, and nobody complained. Blatant, as in mixing-up names. So, complaints. Are unearned gripes worse than the absence of valid bitches?

Guess it depends on how popular your stories are. But you bring a good point, I guess some feedback is better than apathy!
 
Back
Top