The Revival OOC (Closed for the writers of this thread)

Vail darling, you're up. I realize I took a few liberties with her, but really she could be confirming an appointment for all Ali knows... she's just paranoid right now. That's all I wanted to illustrate. Hope that's okay. :heart:
 
There's really nothing to talk about.
There are no words in me.

paces
That isn't true. No one, nothing could kill the words in you. We're just being dramatic, and it will come back to you, it will.

There's a problem, we can fix it. I know we can.
 
So, I figured it would be okay for me to post here, now. I'm working on a character sheet now. I hope to have it up tonight or tomorrow, and then hopefully a post soon after that. I know the tread is waiting on me at this point. I can work off of Vail's post, but the character I'm building will have a different perspective, I think. For my first post, I was going to just work from Scuttles and Vivi's last posts. That's more than enough for me to put the essence of my character out there.
 
So here is a quick character sheet. It's pretty short, but I figured the post is a bit more important at this point.

Name: Miranda Tate

Age: 33

Occupation: Mayor of Etham, Alabama

Miranda Tate was born as the only child to an affluent family in Etham. Her parents were pillars in the small community. Her scholastic aptitude was noted very early in her childhood, as was her undeniable beauty. With her mother pressuring her into victory at every beauty pageant the town had and her father pressing her nose into books, it didn't take long for her face to be known around town.

By high school, Miranda was popular, gorgeous, class president, and valedictorian. The only sport her mother had agreed to was cheer leading, and Miranda had taken the same approach to it as she had everything else in her life. Even at that age, Miranda Tate played to win. She volunteered for whatever cause needed the most assistance. She baked for bake sales. She tutored other children who were not as gifted as her. Much like her parents, she became a pillar.

But, much to her mother's protests, Miranda had no designs for marriage and the chains of being a house wife. Supported by her father, Miranda moved onto Harvard, where she double majored in Economics and Law with a minor in Political Science. She followed that up with a Masters in Business Administration. She joined a sorority, was selected for several coveted internships, and realized her sexuality extended beyond what her conservative home town deemed socially acceptable. Miranda enjoyed women, all types of women. But she did not enjoy attachments. She had always had a clear view of what she wanted, and though she was comfortable with the fact that she liked women, she still refused to be chained.

After several internships and five years of working jobs to gain experience, Miranda returned home. With an inheritance given to her by her grandparents, Miranda purchased her home and began her plans to sit in the Mayor's office of Etham. She started her way at the bottom and worked her way up with progressive and innovative ideas that challenged the old and out dated habits of the current government. She fought tooth and nail, enjoying every minute of the challenge. She played the game of changing the perceptions and convictions of others to gain support for her visions, and she played it exceedingly well.

It took a few years, but Miranda hadn't expected anything less. It wasn't a surprise to many when she finally took her seat in office. She ran Etham with a fierce efficiency, but for all her ambition, she cared about the people of the town. She wanted to make a difference, to help the town grow and prosper. She wanted what was best. It just so happened that she ensured that what was best for Etham was her visions, and hers alone.
 
Since no one else left props for Ivory, allow me.

That was excellent.
You set up Ali wonderfully, stood toe to toe with Levi, and did a wonderful job of mimicking and moving miranda from Vail's voice into your own.

I was impressed.
And as sad as I am that Vail isn't included in this thread, you are the only capable replacement, Ivory.
 
I was convinced I'd written something in here but obviously I didn't.
Apologies, lovely Ivory one! :rose:

That was a superb post. I too am sad to see Vail leave our 'company' but you are - as Vi said - the only and best possible writer to pick up where she left off.

bounces

I love this thread sooo much!
 
Cheeks flush scarlet...hands slip into her pockets....shuffles feet...

Way too kind, the both of you...

Just glad I was able to capture what you guys were looking for and that you guys like the start. I'll do my best to keep up :)
 
I'd like a more coherent list of interactions. So I created one, because organization.

  1. Levi and Ali
  2. Ali and Levi
  3. Levi and Miranda
  4. Miranda and Levi
  5. Ali and Miranda
  6. Miranda and Ali
  7. Levi
  8. Cathy
  9. Ali
  10. Miranda
  11. Beth
  12. Virgil


The individual posts are those at the actual revival. I think we should hear from everyone, but I put them in no particular order.
Just throwing this here at the end of the thread!
 
Hey all! So we were thinking that we might schedule a six way conference chat, so that we could talk about the thread and bond, and um.. make Tess blush. But scheduling it might be a bitch.

So I was thinking, maybe a weekend morning? Then Brit can join us?
Thoughts?
 
Hey all! So we were thinking that we might schedule a six way conference chat, so that we could talk about the thread and bond, and um.. make Tess blush. But scheduling it might be a bitch.

So I was thinking, maybe a weekend morning? Then Brit can join us?
Thoughts?

Hey! What? I think you meant Cat there. We'll make Cat blush! And that sounds fine to me, just let me know, and I'll probably be around. Should we try Skype instead of YIM because YIM hates us?
 
Well, this weekend isn't going to work out so well, since I'll be out if state and....preoccupied. *Grins* But next weekend possibly :) I know my schedule I hectic :/ But if you guys start throwing around times, I'm sure I can make one of them.

And...lets keep the blushing to a pretty Tess :)
 
P.S - Cheeks turn crimson...stuffs hands in pockets...shuffles feet...

Thanks guys....glad you liked it...
 
So, I'm not sure how I missed Cat's latest post in the thread (I'm going to claim that it's because I'm losing my freaking mind), but wow. Fantastic.

I'm up for a conference, but fair warning that I'm crazy-busy with work at the moment, so I may or may not be able to make any particular time. I'll try to be flexible, though!
 
I think Skype will be the way to go with so many of us! I think YIM will just melt and die!

nods

And as long as I know a time, I can try to make sure I'm around for it. I know it'll take some co-ordination from us all and I can only apologise for being so very many time zones away from the rest of you!

grins guiltily
 
Back
Top