ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Erm.... newbie here.

Gnarlemaine said:
Erm... greetings to thee fair folk. I am a newbie to this world, and do not wish to intrude upon your conversations... but I...

Ack... I forget my manners.

Allow me to introduce my self... I am Gnarlemaine of the Mists...
A traveller, if you will, of said mists.

Tis a pleasure to meet thee...
Welcome, Gnarlemaine :rose:

Ah, to be a newbie... I remember, two months ago... those were the days...

Just browse around the board and check the OOC... any question, better come and ask, we're practically living here. :D

ahhh yes.... seven months ago.... *laughs* or was it six?.... meh, either way, itr'll say on my resterered at thingie

2 months? 6 months? You're both still newbies! Yep I'm an old timer - just look at my start YEAR! (And the funny thing is I'm probably the youngest out of the lot of ya!)

**sigh** I remember the days when this ORP forum didn't EXIST! (and the personals, and the bdsm and a whole bunch of others - it was just story feedback, author hangout, Story ideas, how to and general board - I think..)

Firesprite settles back into her chair with a creak of aging bones and prepares to tell tales of the ages past to the newbies

;)

actually Seven months lol

and oh boy do i feel good. anyone who is a a partiotic American may not want to read this, it's true, but it's kinda hurtful.

Re: Re: Why do Americans say that their country alone wins wars?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by paganangel
listen, you little wouldbespeakinggermanifitwasn'tforus little fuck, i haven't read through this whole thread and find no need too. we'll kick your ass and that's all you really need to know, isn't it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heh heh heh thats funny. cause, you know, it'd never happen.

by the way, you're right PP, except you forgot the FRENCH! they kicked so much ass against the americans in 1812, and then when the americans were fighting for their freedom for Britain, they fought alongside them.

but anyway, if you want to talk about world war two, the US was GIVING tanks, guns, support vehicles, ammunition, water craft and all other sorts of equipment to the Nazi's untill 1941. that means FOUR years of American funded Nazi power.

then, the US believes in Isolation. what does this mean? up intill 42 i think it was, when pearl harbour was bombed they didn't give a shit about fighing the Nazi's, the ONLY thing they did was sell more equipment to the Allies and the Nazi's, and the only military thing they did was send convoys to protect those shipments. now, granted, AFTER 42, the Americans did ALOT. and yeah, they stopped selling enqupment to the Nazi's, but see, if the Americans were not there, the allies still would have won, i mean, look at ohh, say the USSR, they fought a whole HALF the war by themselves, and won! after stalingrad, they were an unstoppable wave, and if the americans weren't there, then western Europe may have been reclaimed slower, or not at all, untill the USSR came by. history books were writen by the british and the americans, thats why the French and the Soviets are ALWAYS badmouthed and given no credit, but they did more than both the British and Americans. (excluding the Japanese war, thats all yours America, and i give you full credit for it. sure, if that ONE battle group had been harboured, you would have lost, but you won.) manpower was sufficient for the Alloes without the Americans.

now looking deeper, if the Americans weren't there, the Nazi's wouldn't have had anywheres near as much equipment, neither would the allies, but you never know how far the war would have gotten then.

Pagan, your comment is HILARIOUS! because you couldn't! first of all, if you launch ONE nuke, or chem or bio missle, you die. all of you. because Russia (who still hs secret missle silos, sectret not because we've discovered them, but because we have no idea where they are, or how many there are) and the rest of the world bombs the crap out of the states, rememebr on page one someone said that "who cares if the rest of the world hates us?" see, that might be a problem. furthermore, if you attack anyone, you're going to have Vietnamn happen again, because it would be an unprovoked attack, therefore EVERYONE would be fighting you, the defending armies, the rest of the armies from around the world, and the citizens. yeah, grandma in her rocking chair will be shooting her shotgun at marines.

FURTHERMORE, the common belief that "the american troops are the best" is totally not true. the Israeli and British air force is beter then the american air force, and the soldiers in Britain and Canada are trained beter than in the States, the Canadian British and French special forces are beter trained, and gee, they DON'T show where all the special forces bases are on maps, unlike the states. you can pinpoint all the seals bases and blow them up. how? by watching TLC for christs sake!

lets go farther than manpower.

if you try to take Canada or Russia, you're going to come to the same problems everyone has, if you get far enough north, like trying to take Moscow, or northern Quebec and the praries, it gets GOD DAMNED COLD! it's what happened to Napolean, its what happened to the Americans in 1812, you freeze to death, and if you don't, your supply lines are cut short, and even if that doesn't happen, and you have parkas or whatever, the natives there are still MUCH more used to the temperature than the Americans would be.

the ONLY navy who could rival the Americans would be the British, and i think the Americans would win that one.... probably. so yeah, you rule the Seas, great, because thats where you're going to have to build "new US" the rest of your country will be dead.

I'm going to bed now, to sleep for a few hours and will be coming by at 11h33 AM (GMT) to see if Blaze did it. Bye everyone!

*looks around shiftily* oh... yes... he'll make it, don't you worry....

. o O (wheres the chloroform....)

Thats enough.
Looks like Lauren wins the challenge, I still have 1,253 posts to go and 2 1/2 hours to do it. Not possible, even if my connection were going at full speed right now.
My connections been going slow all night, so I didn't get as many posts as I should have, but I'm fairly sure I still wouldn't have made it. I left too much until the last minute.
*sigh*
Sorry, people.
You'll have to solve your own challenges to get those pics of Lauren, I guess.

Blaze

<Grinning a toothy grin, he raises a large paw into the air and waves to all those who greet him>

Thank you kindly, my heart warms with your welcomes.

Woa, Khad, didn't hear the first part of the conversation but as an American I gotta throw what little historical knowledge I have into the ring.

Though we were getting destroyed in 1812, you have to remember we were not a country yet, we didn't have any soilders, just a pack of untrained rebels. Moving on, up until Pearl Harbor the United States were isolationists because at the time we felt this worked out the best for us. I never heard anything about selling Nazis weapons so I can't respond to that however when Reagan went to bomb (can't think of his name but he had been one of the first highjackers) in the 80's France refused to allow us to fly over there country, adding 72 hours to our pilots flight path. Trust me, every country has a moment they wish they reacted differently.

When the attack on Pearl Harbor occured, it was the largest attack on American soil up until 9/11. That is the reason we got into World War II, rather late too. Because we joined the war so late, our economy wasn't drained like the European nations involved in the war. Also a large number of european intelligista (sp cause I'm not one of them) migrated to America during the war to avoid being killed in crossfire, or sent to the battlefield. (This is how NY became the eye of the artworld) We simple became the mediators for the rest of the globe because we were in the best shape.

Since then we have created the UN which ideally works like a global community. The nations involved all respect the other nations for being fairly civil mined and do each other favors. Those who aren't yet in the UN are still trying to get a seat inside, that's why Pakistan and India have been cooperating with us. The recent campaign in Afghanistan displays the global community We had British and Candian forces helping us hunt down Bin Laden (who I think they really have already killed and are holding out till Bushes ratings go down and to avoid him becoming a martyr) and in addition we had help from France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland (you know you're an asshole when the Swiss get on your back) etc.

As far as America winning a war on our own, though I think it's possible, we have learned from the mistakes of others that teamwork and support from our fellow UN members. We don't have the best military force but we do have a strong one and probably the most economically sound (that's why I never complain about taxes.)

As far as nucleur use to end this war we're in, I think that would have been a huge mistake, though days after the attack I thought it was necessary. Those who don't learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it. After bombing Japan to end WW2, we realize just how damaging a weapon like that can be. People who were'nt even born yet suffer from the effects of radiation poisioning. That is why we haven't used nukes since, and why if you drive around this country, you see so many Iwogima memorials.

To end this, for those of you not in the U.S. things are still very tense right now. In the past two weeks we've had terrorist warnings in Las Vegas, Seattle, and NYC. We've got to figure out a way to weed out the extreamists while still showing the people of the Eastern World we are doing everything in our power to show we respect them. The thought of a dirty bomb or nucleur power plant attack scares the hell out of me, quite frankly. Especially considering I leave a mere 40 minutes from downtown NYC. This is a war we're not fighting openly, but have covert ops operating in Manilla, the Phillipines, Saudi Arabia, and other areas of the Middle East. Our next move is probably to remove Sadam from Iraq and secure our oil supplies in the mean time but it's tough considering we have people who are so dead set against killing all Americans they are willing to take their own lives and the lives of their countrymen (Hussain lighting oil fires that poisoned his people, which has been wrongfully blamed on the US). If you doubt this think back to the Godfather II when Michael and Hyman Roth sat down with the President of Cuba to talk about their deal and celebrate Roth's birthday. Michael said something to the effect that he saw a man pull a grenade and kill himself to take out a group of soilders, this intense ferocity scared him because it show how strong their convictions are.

Khadgar said:
actually Seven months lol

and oh boy do i feel good. anyone who is a a partiotic American may not want to read this, it's true, but it's kinda hurtful.

Re: Re: Why do Americans say that their country alone wins wars?

quote:
Originally posted by paganangel
listen, you little wouldbespeakinggermanifitwasn'tforus little fuck, i haven't read through this whole thread and find no need too. we'll kick your ass and that's all you really need to know, isn't it?

heh heh heh thats funny. cause, you know, it'd never happen.

by the way, you're right PP, except you forgot the FRENCH! they kicked so much ass against the americans in 1812, and then when the americans were fighting for their freedom for Britain, they fought alongside them.

but anyway, if you want to talk about world war two, the US was GIVING tanks, guns, support vehicles, ammunition, water craft and all other sorts of equipment to the Nazi's untill 1941. that means FOUR years of American funded Nazi power.

then, the US believes in Isolation. what does this mean? up intill 42 i think it was, when pearl harbour was bombed they didn't give a shit about fighing the Nazi's, the ONLY thing they did was sell more equipment to the Allies and the Nazi's, and the only military thing they did was send convoys to protect those shipments. now, granted, AFTER 42, the Americans did ALOT. and yeah, they stopped selling enqupment to the Nazi's, but see, if the Americans were not there, the allies still would have won, i mean, look at ohh, say the USSR, they fought a whole HALF the war by themselves, and won! after stalingrad, they were an unstoppable wave, and if the americans weren't there, then western Europe may have been reclaimed slower, or not at all, untill the USSR came by. history books were writen by the british and the americans, thats why the French and the Soviets are ALWAYS badmouthed and given no credit, but they did more than both the British and Americans. (excluding the Japanese war, thats all yours America, and i give you full credit for it. sure, if that ONE battle group had been harboured, you would have lost, but you won.) manpower was sufficient for the Alloes without the Americans.

now looking deeper, if the Americans weren't there, the Nazi's wouldn't have had anywheres near as much equipment, neither would the allies, but you never know how far the war would have gotten then.

Pagan, your comment is HILARIOUS! because you couldn't! first of all, if you launch ONE nuke, or chem or bio missle, you die. all of you. because Russia (who still hs secret missle silos, sectret not because we've discovered them, but because we have no idea where they are, or how many there are) and the rest of the world bombs the crap out of the states, rememebr on page one someone said that "who cares if the rest of the world hates us?" see, that might be a problem. furthermore, if you attack anyone, you're going to have Vietnamn happen again, because it would be an unprovoked attack, therefore EVERYONE would be fighting you, the defending armies, the rest of the armies from around the world, and the citizens. yeah, grandma in her rocking chair will be shooting her shotgun at marines.

FURTHERMORE, the common belief that "the american troops are the best" is totally not true. the Israeli and British air force is beter then the american air force, and the soldiers in Britain and Canada are trained beter than in the States, the Canadian British and French special forces are beter trained, and gee, they DON'T show where all the special forces bases are on maps, unlike the states. you can pinpoint all the seals bases and blow them up. how? by watching TLC for christs sake!

lets go farther than manpower.

if you try to take Canada or Russia, you're going to come to the same problems everyone has, if you get far enough north, like trying to take Moscow, or northern Quebec and the praries, it gets GOD DAMNED COLD! it's what happened to Napolean, its what happened to the Americans in 1812, you freeze to death, and if you don't, your supply lines are cut short, and even if that doesn't happen, and you have parkas or whatever, the natives there are still MUCH more used to the temperature than the Americans would be.

the ONLY navy who could rival the Americans would be the British, and i think the Americans would win that one.... probably. so yeah, you rule the Seas, great, because thats where you're going to have to build "new US" the rest of your country will be dead.

Mumar Kadaffi was the guy I was trying to think of earlier. Dude I'm just a little pissed off now at that post, I have to see pagan's to at least educate him...gotta go to bed and clear my head.

lol right PM, and i'm not bashing, this is just the truth. but the states was in the best shape because it was sitting around seeling to as many people possible because it "wasnt their war" in 42 when Japan attacked THEN they got in the war. and the states isn't the open doors you may think. (actually no one is, refugees tried the states, canada mexico, britain france... everywhere, and were turned down) refugees from Germany were turned down and had to go back, where they were taken from boat, directly to train, from train, to gas chamber and death pits.

you're right about the untrained rebels, that my point, the americans DIDN'T go it alone against the british. they had alot of help. and in 1812, Canada wasn't too much beter off. sure we had ALOT more battles and training to go through, because Canada was what everyone fought for, but still.

and about the selling to the Nazi's, yeah, untill.... 41 i think it was, the Americans figured since it's not their war, lets make as much money as possible. soldiers found General Motors parts in burned out german tanks.

oh, and before the UN, there was something that was exactly the same, called the League of Nations. the americans left it, and then killed it, that also caused WWII (OUCH huh??)

the States didn't create the UN either, although by "us" i think you meant everyone... but not sure. it was a joint effort by all countries affiliated.

oh, and the nuke issue, it's not that we're all apphalled at what would happen, if that was true, thre would be no nukes, the problem is if the States fires one nuke. the Russians will nuke the States, so before they die, the States will nuke Russia, so Cuba will nuke the states and england and france, and so england and france will nuke - see my point? watch the move "War Games" it's good.

6_6 ~ (I luv being ignored!)

Welcome to ORP Board ... Gnarlemaine ...

Beware of the Vamps, Evil Mages & Draggie Waggies ...

Blaze's Meaningless Posts Challenge - FINAL RESULTS

Renegade______6131
BlazeofLife___4878

Too bad, Blaze. Maybe next time. ;)

Hey, Gnarlemaine,.....ever read Fred Saberhagen? Yes, no? Doesn't metter! Join my thread anyway! Right now! Hop to it! I demand it of thee! Don't make me make vague and meaningless threats!

hey all sorry I haven't been here latly, but I had some people to go up against

Khadgar said:
lol right PM, and i'm not bashing, this is just the truth. but the states was in the best shape because it was sitting around seeling to as many people possible because it "wasnt their war" in 42 when Japan attacked THEN they got in the war. and the states isn't the open doors you may think. (actually no one is, refugees tried the states, canada mexico, britain france... everywhere, and were turned down) refugees from Germany were turned down and had to go back, where they were taken from boat, directly to train, from train, to gas chamber and death pits.

you're right about the untrained rebels, that my point, the americans DIDN'T go it alone against the british. they had alot of help. and in 1812, Canada wasn't too much beter off. sure we had ALOT more battles and training to go through, because Canada was what everyone fought for, but still.

and about the selling to the Nazi's, yeah, untill.... 41 i think it was, the Americans figured since it's not their war, lets make as much money as possible. soldiers found General Motors parts in burned out german tanks.

oh, and before the UN, there was something that was exactly the same, called the League of Nations. the americans left it, and then killed it, that also caused WWII (OUCH huh??)

the States didn't create the UN either, although by "us" i think you meant everyone... but not sure. it was a joint effort by all countries affiliated.

oh, and the nuke issue, it's not that we're all apphalled at what would happen, if that was true, thre would be no nukes, the problem is if the States fires one nuke. the Russians will nuke the States, so before they die, the States will nuke Russia, so Cuba will nuke the states and england and france, and so england and france will nuke - see my point? watch the move "War Games" it's good.

By us I meant everyone. I'm not positivive but I thought the League of Nations was dissassembled because it was ineffective. Again the US were isolationists which makes our departure from the league far from shocking.

I know getting into the US wasn't as easy as just hopping aboard a boat and going in, but a lot of creative and brilliant European minds did manage to get into the country. This is important because the influenced American thinkers, which helped push our culture into global forefront.

The reason we're not using nukes in the current campaign is because if we did we'd be taking out a lot of innocent people too and make them martys to the rest of the arab world. In addition we want to remain in good standing with everyone so we don't lose our oil interests or allies in the process.

Lauren.Hynde said:
Blaze's Meaningless Posts Challenge - FINAL RESULTS

Renegade______6131
BlazeofLife___4878

Too bad, Blaze. Maybe next time. ;)

My posts are pointless for a reason, giving them meaning. Uh, I think.....

So there. :p

worship.gif
Mr. Renegade
worship.gif

Your presence in our board is an honour to us all. As you see, your title was unsuccessfully challenged. You are still the champion.

Renegade said:

My posts are pointless for a reason, giving them meaning. Uh, I think.....

So there. :p

Yeah, what he said.
Hey, I actually have a detractor because of that dare!
someone thinks I should be banned from Lit just because I posted 43 pages in a row last night of completely meaningless drivel.
Some people have no sense of humour.
(My thanks to a certain monkey for telling me about this.)
http://www.literotica.com/forum/sho...&threadid=93342

Blaze

PM, we (the allies) only let in who we wanted to, we turned down millions of people, who we KNEW would die if we sent them back. and did it anyway. thats why i HATE that son of a bitch Blair (not the PM of England, the minister of immigration for Canada diring the 30's and 40's) and our much famed war hero PM king.... he was a heartless man who did what he thought best for the country, not the people, or anyone else. so....

and yeah PM, the states isn't nuking anyone because of the civilian casualties that would follow, but also that you have to admit, the worls isn't that happy with the states right now. their alienating alot of people. the entire middle east is pissed off about the gulf, and the fact that soldiers are still there doesn't help the situation. then the useless war on vietnamn, you want to know why that war was really fought? the real reason is to test out how their new choppers were in combat. it's equipment check! the east, like russia is still hurting from that whol cold war issue, thats why their broke, sure, things are being done, and their becomming friends, but Russia will never trust anyone. i don't blame them. Russia has been attacked by EVERY country in the world with an army that can attack them.

i'd say that the real reason behind not useing nukes is it would cause the appocolapse. the humanity reason is there, and a strong point, but not the strongest. i thing if it would have no reprecussions, they's do it.

Khadgar said:
and yeah PM, the states isn't nuking anyone because of the civilian casualties that would follow,

i'd say that the real reason behind not useing nukes is it would cause the appocolapse. the humanity reason is there, and a strong point, but not the strongest. i thing if it would have no reprecussions, they's do it.

Oh, don't fool yourself. The only reason the US isn't using nukes is because of the bad PR, they don't care about civilians, or the survival of humanity. But Lord in Heaven if they should lose even a fifth of a percentage of voters!:eek:

It's all Public Relations, man, that's what makes the grand country I live in go 'round. They'd sacrific the entire human race as long as a bad word wasn't said about them before our little blue marble turned into a little barren wasteland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back