why don't we drain the oceans?

I don't think the OP knows that many parts of the world already have too much fresh water.

The problem is the cost of moving it from where there is an excess to where there is a shortage. Transporting water is very expensive.

China has a regional problem with lack of water and is spending massive sums to help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_resources_of_China

Tell the asteroid to miss. That might work.

And the current research going into deflecting or destroying threatening space debris is far more practical and potentially productive than the utter nonsense of mass interstellar migration.

The only way humanity can survive the next extinction event (big meteorite, runaway greenhouse effect, solar surge, etc) is to not be here. Humans need to get off-planet, maybe take over the galaxy.

The only way to provoke an extraterrestrial mass migration is to fuck-up Earth so it's not worth staying here.
tumblr_mk6ipxdvX21rb0fqao1_500.gif
Fuck it - I broke the internet. I don't know why it won't link and I don't care :mad: Ah - finally :rolleyes:

Sea salt is just regular salt with some fish poop in it.
Fact
Considering the OP's other posts, I don't think there's a lot of education involved here.
Ha! understatement of the week :D

Last edited:
And the current research going into deflecting or destroying threatening space debris is far more practical and potentially productive than the utter nonsense of mass interstellar migration.

Colonel, I think you are taking Hypoxia far too seriously...

I’m sure there’s some liberal on here somewhere that, upon hearing this controversy about ‘salt’, will conflate it to gun control, and want to ban the ‘salt rifle’... you know, to save humanity and fuck up the right to self defense... but I digress!

Don't Climate Change-ists think human population growth is a major contributor to Global Warming?

Human population over-growth is a major contributor to a great many problems. WE need to go away. ALL of us.

The single worst thing that ever happened to this planet was humans.

The single best thing that could ever happen to this planet will be human extinction.

Human population over-growth is a major contributor to a great many problems. WE need to go away. ALL of us.

The single best thing that could ever happen to this planet will be human extinction.

So you're in the "let the people die of thirst" group then?

So you're in the "let the people die of thirst" group then?

She’s definitely got to be in the buy them all the guns they want, with government provided ammunition, and start as many wars as possible, as a form of post-birth abortion of the species. That’s getting serious about ‘climate change ‘!!!

“We has to destroy the village in order to save it...”
US Soldier, Ben Tre, Vietnam

Last edited:
She’s definitely got to be in the buy them all the guns they want, with government provided ammunition, and start as many wars as possible, as a form of post-birth abortion of the species. That’s getting serious about ‘climate change ‘!!!

“We has to destroy the village in order to save it...”
US Soldier, Ben Tre, Vietnam
I'm guessing she's a we could half the population in a generation by stopping having babies: no guns needed :cool:

So, we’ve got liberals on this thread advocating killing all the babies that manage to make it to their birth, assuming they aren’t aborted first, to ‘save the planet’, while we have them on another thread lamenting the supposed high mortality rate of motherhood! Any thoughts that liberals may be hard to please?

No. You're not paying attention. I'm not advocating or lamenting any kind of control.

I'm advocating the elimination of the entire human species in one fell swoop. ALL at once, in a matter of seconds. No survivors. No exceptions. No special groups. ALL.

From the ultimate classic science fiction movie.....

If the Earth dies, you die.

If you die, the Earth survives.

No. You're not paying attention. I'm not advocating or lamenting any kind of control.

I'm advocating the elimination of the entire human species in one fell swoop. ALL at once, in a matter of seconds. No survivors. No exceptions. No special groups. ALL.

From the ultimate classic science fiction movie.....

If the Earth dies, you die.

If you die, the Earth survives.

What do we do till that time comes?

why don't we drain the oceans

by 1 centimeters per year

using solar powered desalination of seawater

then use solar power to pump

the freshwater in land where it is needed?

because 97 percent of the worlds water is salty ocean

water and not suitable for drinking.

ocean water volume is roughly 326 million cubic miles

(1.332 billion cubic kilometers),

according to a recent study from

the U.S. Geological Survey.

72 percent of Earth is covered in salty water.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/water-sanitation-hygiene/en/

2.1 billion people lack safe drinking water at home, more than twice as many lack safe sanitation

2.1 billion fewer people is a better answer. Put birth control in the drinking water first.

You could likely engineer some microbes to handle that. Desktop gene sequencers and editors make bio-hacking straightforward. Make a weaponized mix of e.coli, y.pestis, and pheromonal aphrodisiacs. We'll be gone in less than a generation. Except maybe the androids among us.

Lead the way !

We'll be right behind you.

Last edited:
So, we’ve got liberals on this thread advocating killing all the babies that manage to make it to their birth, assuming they aren’t aborted first, to ‘save the planet’, while we have them on another thread lamenting the supposed high mortality rate of motherhood! Any thoughts that liberals may be hard to please?

Yeah, here's my thought about your idiotic question:

What kind of simple-minded world do you live in? Shut off that incessant brainwashing you get about "liberals", and consider that the world is more than just a binary choice about who to blame for everything.

Some here seem confused. The distinction is pretty simple. Generally, 'Liberals' like gov't programs that help most people. Self-described 'Conservatives' (mostly reactionaries) like gov't programs that hurt most people. Not that their plans always work out. But 'tis better to have a bleeding heart than no heart at all.

The opposite of 'liberal' is not 'conservative', but 'enslaved'.

Colonel, I think you are taking Hypoxia far too seriously...

I sure hope so, but you know, there really are people who are that stupid. They think the technological advances from ocean, land, air and space travel are mathematically proportional as to advances in speed and distance. They aren't. Human space travel is an advancement on the order of magnitudes - both to merely get into space and far, far more once there to transit space to arrive at ANY meaningful destinations.

I sure hope so, but you know, there really are people who are that stupid. They think the technological advances from ocean, land, air and space travel are mathematically proportional as to advances in speed and distance. They aren't. Human space travel is an advancement on the order of magnitudes - both to merely get into space and far, far more once there to transit space to arrive at ANY meaningful destinations.
Among the job titles I've held, two included 'engineer' (and 'sanitation' was not involved). I am quite aware of the current limits of technology. I do not view STAR TREK as a documentary.

I recall, I think it was Dr Arthur C Clarke, saying that if a senior scientist says something is possible, they're probably right; and if they say something is impossible, they're probably wrong. And the possible can come quickly. Last year's bleeding-edge technology will be on sale at WalMart next year.

No, getting off Earth isn't easy. Some sort of space elevator may be possible but not soon. I've seen other ideas, mostly unlikely. HOWEVER if humanity doesn't leave the planet, we're toast eventually. That should be incentive to try, eh? Mass suicide doesn't appeal to me.

Among the job titles I've held, two included 'engineer' (and 'sanitation' was not involved). I am quite aware of the current limits of technology. I do not view STAR TREK as a documentary.

I recall, I think it was Dr Arthur C Clarke, saying that if a senior scientist says something is possible, they're probably right; and if they say something is impossible, they're probably wrong. And the possible can come quickly. Last year's bleeding-edge technology will be on sale at WalMart next year.

No, getting off Earth isn't easy. Some sort of space elevator may be possible but not soon. I've seen other ideas, mostly unlikely. HOWEVER if humanity doesn't leave the planet, we're toast eventually. That should be incentive to try, eh? Mass suicide doesn't appeal to me.

Why are you avoiding the real challenge I am presenting to you? Depending on the extinction event you are hypothesizing, "leaving the planet" does not necessarily solve the problem you are attempting to solve. Depending on the extinction event you are hypothesizing, you can create a survival response to it for far more people right here. This is certainly true of asteroid impacts and global warming or even nuclear atmospheric poisoning.

Now if the extinction event you are hypothesizing is the evolution of our Sun into a Red Giant, you have a far more complex problem. You have to move and ultimately move again during the evolution, chasing the retreating habitable zone as it moves outward in our solar system. If, that is, you're going to try and migrate interplanetary.

If you're going to go intragalactic and look for a new home elsewhere in the Milky Way, now you're going to take on the challenging of transit distances measured in light years rather than mere astronomical units. Until you "solve" the problem of speed and distance of such a journey, there is little point in planning a trip the travelers will not survive since it exceeds their lifetimes.

"Try"? As master Yoda famously said, "There is no 'try.'"

You don't need new rockets and new technology to accomplish your pipe dream. You need NEW physics. Just like the field Einstein discovered. He didn't CREATE it. It was already there.

If another field of science does not exist to relegate Einstein as the next Newton, there is, by definition, nothing you can do to overcome it. Because it isn't about science or technology. It's about math. And you don't concur math. You live constrained by it.

Your best hope of achieving your goal is to concur biology. Live forever, and you can go wherever you want because it won't matter how long it takes you to get there.

Beyond that, give it the fuck up.

Back