I'm demolishing stuff

A friend of mine did something like that. She turned the whole room into a shower. It was great, worked really well for the home. It was on the first floor, so no worries about downstairs leaks.

That's my plan! I'm glad to hear that it's worked for someone else. Mine will also be on the first (only) floor. My aunt and uncle will be down for that project. I'm indebted to them for that. My uncle will teach me through the process and work me like a dog. I'm looking forward to it.

Look at the spacing of the joists.

It's obviously an old house.

It was built mid 50s. I'm guessing it was a shore/summer cottage.
 
Sawzalls...they sound intriguing. I'll look into that.

I'm hoping to learn as much as possible. I have family coming in August to help me redo the bathroom.

May I suggest going to JohnBridge.com, to check out everything you need to know about redoing the bathroom, great ideas on tile work and such. Converted my old bathroom (7 x 10) to a walk-in. Good luck

PS: Nice butt
 
Last edited:
May I suggest going to JohnBridge.com, to check out everything you need to know about redoing the bathroom, great ideas on tile work and such. Converted my old bathroom (7 x 10) to a walk-in. Good luck

PS: Nice butt

Thank you for the advice. Live bookmarked it and I'll scour through when I have time. I already saw an article about shelving recesses that had me super excited. It's the little things...

P.S. My butt does holds the door open for people. Very considerate.
 
Thank you for the advice. Live bookmarked it and I'll scour through when I have time. I already saw an article about shelving recesses that had me super excited. It's the little things...

P.S. My butt does holds the door open for people. Very considerate.


When redoing the bath area, consider tile shelving in the corners, it's not that difficult, just use your imagination and you can do it.

And I'm sure your butt, is very considerate. ;)
 
rustic-shower-theme.jpg
 

That's beautiful! I'm thinking of this for my bathroom floor:

attachment.php


And vertical, white subway tile with a grey grout along the three three walls of the stand up shower. I can't decide if I should just tile enough for the shower or every wall. This is the shit that keeps my brain whirring at nigiht recently.

This is the best thread I've peeped here in months

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Yard work was done today as it was so beautiful out. I have an electrician coming sometime this week to pimp out my outlets. :D He's going to run cable and some sort of TV set up on the one wall, and put up a ceiling fan. There aren't any in the house. I need air circulation.

I'm trying to post pics but imgur is stubborn and since I'm on my phone I can only upload one picture per post.
 
Last edited:
awesome work, yossi :cool:

one suggestion if you want to make your bathroom look bigger - a big mirror. i have a tiny bathroom but have a wall mirror that runs the length of the bath and is about 4' tall (never measured it, actually, but it sits one the foot(?) high tiles butting the bath and reaches to about 5" shy of the ceiling? anyway, it easily makes the bathroom feel twice the size and so much lighter!
 
Sunday was outdoor work day. My mom and I had a chain saw, ladder, time, ambition, some knowledge, and a hell of a lot of branches to cut off. I forgot to take a before of the trees, but I have an after and a picture of the pile that was left over. I think it was about 5' or so high by the time we had exhausted ourselves.

trees cleared

the pile

And we cleared the bushes in front of the house. I have a before from when I was first looking to buy the property. They were even more scraggly yesterday. I'm going to have to take out the raised bed in the front. It was giving termites easy access.

before
after, excuse my thumb
 
<<<

Thread lurker

Thanks for checking me out. :D

nice, I like

There was another style that was similar and I liked better, but when I decided to do te open shower I knew I'd need ceramic tile. I'm glad I found this.

awesome work, yossi :cool:

one suggestion if you want to make your bathroom look bigger - a big mirror. i have a tiny bathroom but have a wall mirror that runs the length of the bath and is about 4' tall (never measured it, actually, but it sits one the foot(?) high tiles butting the bath and reaches to about 5" shy of the ceiling? anyway, it easily makes the bathroom feel twice the size and so much lighter!

I love a nice big mirror in the bathroom so that's perfect! Thanks for the advice, butters.
 
I was in Home Depot last night and I asked an employee a question. Late-Mid fifties, silvered hair, nice build. Completely fuckable. At some point while he was trying to help me he says, "I wish you had asked me where down thing instead of a question." I lost my lady boner.
 
Back
Top