A Tread About Nothing

I can't agree more with every single option. I was going to highlight specific ones and then it ended up being all of it.

Lots of life is bullshit.

You know: I don't cuss in person. Only on the interwebs.
 
I once had a meeting with some government officials about a waste water plant in Key West. I suggested that we all fly down to Key West and take a look at it. They said ok, and I gave them my flight info so they could book passage on the same plane and we could talk.

Imagine my consternation when they went right and I went left when entering the plane.

It never occurred to me that they had to fly in the back of the plane.
 
Well, they do let us keep our flyer miles now.


:cool:

That was a funny trip. I had a guy from the plant pick me up at the airport and the government fellas wouldn't ride with us. They (three of them) rented a little car. A Yugo I think. Catching a ride I suppose was against the rules.
 
Oh.


It's these old eyes. If I get far enough away from the screen to see it, my arms won't reach the keyboard.

I have three different prescriptions for glasses - Reading, Distance, and Computer Screen. The Computer ones have a focus just beyond outstretched fingertip length because I have to lean back.
 
Well a man has to eat.

Isn't it better to let a contractor pay for the meal than the tax payers?

The government is funny.
 
Larry makes noise walking around the Manse, which tells me he may need his toe nails trimmed. I might give it a shot, but part of me things that may be a job for a trained professional.
Go with the pro.
I wonder whatever happened to that poster, CookieJar.

Padded_room.jpg
 
I didn't think this would go far, I was wrong, it's gone way beyond that.
 
Was supposed to do OT tonight. Oh well.
Wellington boots are a must.
Oh we are so far gone.
 
Things I think are bullshit:

Gluten allergies
Peanut allergies
... most all of these allergies that are popular today, actually.
Giving bad kids drugs when a swat to the ass worked for 20,000 years.
Organic
Free-range
"Newly" discovered grains that were cultivated 10,000 years ago.
Pizza with a pretzel crust
Olive Garden calling it's self "Italian"
People who eat at Red Lobster.
Loading food with fat and sodium because you can't cook.
Almond milk
Coconut water
Delayed school openings when there's a slight dusting of snow.
Video games (except the big console games from the 80s)
Little dogs
Pretentious people
Temps outside a 65-85F range
Sitting in airports
Uncomfortable airplane seats
People who drive too slow
People who drive too fast

AND

All these award shows. Is there any industry on Earth that spends so much time and money patting itself on the back as much as the entertainment industry?
 
People wondered why i would volunteer to the recent move. I can't explain the entertainment value to them. i suppose one has to have a certain mindset. To be paid to do something that, while extremely demanding, entertains me more often than not, is a win win.
 
It's deceptively cold outside.

The sun is pouring in the windows and it's nice and toasty warm. I step out to get the mail though, and BOOM! Cold.
 
Things I think are bullshit:

Gluten allergies
Peanut allergies
... most all of these allergies that are popular today, actually.
Giving bad kids drugs when a swat to the ass worked for 20,000 years.
Organic
Free-range
"Newly" discovered grains that were cultivated 10,000 years ago.
Pizza with a pretzel crust
Olive Garden calling it's self "Italian"
People who eat at Red Lobster.
Loading food with fat and sodium because you can't cook.
Almond milk
Coconut water
Delayed school openings when there's a slight dusting of snow.
Video games (except the big console games from the 80s)
Little dogs
Pretentious people
Temps outside a 65-85F range
Sitting in airports
Uncomfortable airplane seats
People who drive too slow
People who drive too fast

I must agree to your list, but may I add a few? :)

*People who chew their fingernails as a stress reliever.
*People who eat/chew with their mouth open.
*People who with 35 items, will stand in a 20 item or less lane.
*Poor grammar and punctuation.
*Taking out fundamentals in school such as libraries and recess.
*And well, people in general. Because everyone ultimately sucks.

:)
 
It's pretty bad now. And the IRS and others are making it worse. The number of mandatory ethics classes about how the dastardly contractors are out to woo, wine, and dine us is crazy.

We have to have an in person only Contractor Fraud Awareness class given to us by an NCIS agent.

She's really good looking.:cool:

...not to be confused with the sort of large scale fraud as sanctioned and written into appropriation bills by Congress...
 
Back
Top