Pathetic

FantasyXY

My Cromosome is XY
I've been a member on Literotica for close to 14 years and reading stories here a bit longer. There have been times I was fairly active and other times where I barely touched this site. In those years I have noticed two things. One is glaringly obvious, and the other not so obvious.

The most obvious thing I've noticed is that like most any sex oriented site, this place is a sausage fest. Lots of dudes reading, writing commenting posting and voting... And by comparison, not so many women.

The not so obvious thing I have noticed is that the vast majority of these dudes that are reading, voting, and commenting, completely lose their fucking brains when they read a story written by a woman.

What do I mean by losing their brains? Well, since this place is a sausage fest I have to assume that by far most of the readers and voters are men. A study of the comments to stories over the past several months backs this up. The brain function loss seems to come into play when the stories author is thought to be a woman.

When I see stories here that were written by women, or possibly a men posing as a women, the one thing I notice is that they usually have nice high scores and all sorts of praising comments. Many of these stories are good and deserve high scores and comments, but just as many of them are complete crap that shouldn't have scored more than a two or three.

So I can only conclude that men must be losing their brains and cannot judge any erotic material that they think was written by a woman. Or maybe there is something else going on here. Are guys here thinking...

Come on guys... Are we really that fucking pathetic? Does a female author somehow make us think with the wrong head? Does anyone out there really think that praising a woman's story in the comment box is somehow going to get their pathetic ass laid?

I hope I'm wrong. But what do you all think? Are woman really better writers, or are we men so pathetic that we will do absolutely anything if we think we might get laid?

I don't have a huge catalog of stories, but most of my readers/voters seem to be female -- at least, the majority of those who have commented and/or have "favorited" my stories seem to be feminine names. Maybe my subjects are just more appealing to women? *shrug*

OP: You were fucking dying to use the phrase "whiteknight" in that post. Just break the ice and do it. You'll feel better and you're not successfully hiding the MRA/PUA vibe in your commentary anyway.

OP: You were fucking dying to use the phrase "whiteknight" in that post. Just break the ice and do it. You'll feel better and you're not successfully hiding the MRA/PUA vibe in your commentary anyway.

Bingo! You win the internet, CyranoJ... Ooooh, I have a couple of femdom stories he'd probably really hate. :D

I can't figure out how any man would think that giving a female author a high score on a story would get him laid? Hell, if someone just wants to cyber, there's a whole board full of people interested in that -- no scores necessary to dole out, you don't even have to bother to read any stories at all.

I've been a member on Literotica for close to 14 years and reading stories here a bit longer. There have been times I was fairly active and other times where I barely touched this site. In those years I have noticed two things. One is glaringly obvious, and the other not so obvious.

The most obvious thing I've noticed is that like most any sex oriented site, this place is a sausage fest. Lots of dudes reading, writing commenting posting and voting... And by comparison, not so many women.

The not so obvious thing I have noticed is that the vast majority of these dudes that are reading, voting, and commenting, completely lose their fucking brains when they read a story written by a woman.

What do I mean by losing their brains? Well, since this place is a sausage fest I have to assume that by far most of the readers and voters are men. A study of the comments to stories over the past several months backs this up. The brain function loss seems to come into play when the stories author is thought to be a woman.

Nice assumptions. I wonder how you "studied" the comments over the past several months. How do you know which were made by men, and which weren't? Certain word choices? The use of ALL CAPS? The commenter's name? Or, was it just an overall "feel" you got from the comment?

When I see stories here that were written by women, or possibly a men posing as a women, the one thing I notice is that they usually have nice high scores and all sorts of praising comments. Many of these stories are good and deserve high scores and comments, but just as many of them are complete crap that shouldn't have scored more than a two or three.

In general, I believe this statement applies to every single story on this site, regardless of the perceived sex of the author.

So I can only conclude that men must be losing their brains and cannot judge any erotic material that they think was written by a woman. Or maybe there is something else going on here. Are guys here thinking...

Come on guys... Are we really that fucking pathetic? Does a female author somehow make us think with the wrong head? Does anyone out there really think that praising a woman's story in the comment box is somehow going to get their pathetic ass laid?

I hope I'm wrong. But what do you all think? Are woman really better writers, or are we men so pathetic that we will do absolutely anything if we think we might get laid?

Hope you don't mind me saying, but that's a pretty damn stupid question to ask (and if you do mind me saying, too bad). Sure, I have no doubt there will be polarized factions responding this way and that, with some backing up the idea of men being pathetic and women being better writers and the reverse in both cases.

It's all just rubbish. I'm better than some, worse than others. The same can be truthfully said about every single writer on this site who has ever posted anything since Day One. The sex of an author has no bearing upon their talent as a writer. Granted, it can have some bearing on their life experiences, but that's about it.

The other part of your complaint, about supposedly stupid men who comment on stories in the hopes that they might get laid . . . um, excuse me, sir, but you might want to put down the pipe you're smoking. Whatever is in it is making you think some very strange things.

If anything, those who comment on a story only wish to connect with an author in some creative way. Many seek to control an author's works in order to result in a personal fantasy. Others just want to "know" an author. Very rarely is there any mention of actually meeting.

Case in point #1: I am a male author. I have corresponded with numerous fans over the years. Of all of them, only one wanted to actually meet and fuck me. I turned her down.

Case in point #2: My wife is a female author who, for a very long time, was listed in the Top Ten favorited authors on this site. She also corresponded with numerous fans, many more than I have. None of them actually suggested they meet and fuck.

Just two examples, but they already contradict what I assume is your basic theory.

You have constructed a nice little inflammatory post. Good luck with it. Have fun. ;)

By the way, are you really a guy? :rolleyes:

First off I'll go with what men assume are female writers gender is always gray here, "dudes" writing as women, women writing as guys...and it is very difficult to tell if a reader is male or female unless you start corresponding with them past a story comment

But as to the last part of your post?

No, women are not necessarily better writers, there are good and bad in both genders here

Yes men are that pathetic, they really are.

Bingo! You win the internet, CyranoJ... Ooooh, I have a couple of femdom stories he'd probably really hate. :D

I can't figure out how any man would think that giving a female author a high score on a story would get him laid? Hell, if someone just wants to cyber, there's a whole board full of people interested in that -- no scores necessary to dole out, you don't even have to bother to read any stories at all.

All my female leads are very strong characters, not just in a femdom sense, but none are ditzy cock addicted cumsluts which is what many men outside of the romance category think is the ideal women. I have gotten a lot of male comemnts saying I'm a pussy because my male characters don't just "take them bitches"

As for guys trying to get laid? My wife is on here....you can't fathom what the guys in the fetish and personal forums are like.

If my wife posted "I love smelling shit" she would get 10 pms saying "Wow, I love smelling shit too! I shit a lot, I have really big turds! can we skype and shit in front of each other...?"

Its that bad. You don't see it really here on the AH, the guys here are a little different we're here for writing and not hooking up or desperately seeking attention from females

who...many times turn out to be males posing as women for some strange reason.:eek:

Last edited:
First off I'll go with what men assume are female writers gender is always gray here, "dudes" writing as women, women writing as guys...and it is very difficult to tell if a reader is male or female unless you start corresponding with them past a story comment

But as to the last part of your post?

No, women are not necessarily better writers, there are good and bad in both genders here

Yes men are that pathetic, they really are.

^^^^^affirmative action male writer with no balls.

:D:D:D

This is so dumb!

When I first came on this site, I was very anxious. I did worry that it would be populated by a load of perv.s who would track me down and stalk me on the schoolrun, causing me to have to actually use some of those self defence moves I learned years ago (and you all know how lazy I am, gah! the idea).

On here, I have had a ball! (Thanks that guy ;) ) But I very rarely get anyone trying to meet up with me for a fuck. Certainly not in comments to my stories, even extremely explicit ones. I mean, there's a Feedback Tab through which you can contact the author if you want! Occasionally I get a very nice note through the Feedback from a fan of one of the stories I write which are more likely to appeal to manly men :devil:. They fall over themselves with pleasure if I even reply, which I always do as I think it's only polite. They certainly don't expect me to meet up with them and show them my pussy (although I frequently offer photos of my lovely pet cats).

Once or twice I had a rather murky email from someone who was clearly into things I felt I didn't want to know any more about. I can't do anything about it, such people are very hard to track down even if I were to report them to the police, so I just cut the correspondence.

Sometimes I have a PM, like that guy who tried to chat me up about rugby and then suddenly went: "Hur hur, I bet you looked good in the shower." (I mean, everyone knows! we rugby players all get in the big bath together after the match.) He lived in the States or somewhere, LOL. So he can hardly have been hoping I would screw him all the way over the Atlantic. I guess he just wanted a little thrill out of PMing a woman in a naughty way. (Never saw him again after I slathered his name all over the board.)

As for higher votes! if only, LOL. People have all sorts of reasons for giving votes they do, but there is no way a man gives a vote, which can very rarely be traced back to him, because he's hoping to screw a woman writer. Like Katiecat says, just go on cyber chat if that's what you want, you don't even have to bother to read stories then.

I have made a lot of friends, who have been kind to me through tough times, several of them men. Maybe they sometimes give me a 5 when I should've had a 4, cuz they are my friends. And I thank them for it.
:heart:

I'm not trying to start any sort of flame war here with you Willie, but you seemed to be the one that wrote the most on this subject...

Nice assumptions. I wonder how you "studied" the comments over the past several months. How do you know which were made by men, and which weren't? Certain word choices? The use of ALL CAPS? The commenter's name? Or, was it just an overall "feel" you got from the comment? :

Studying this was actually pretty easy. Names are pretty much a dead give away, but in general men use different wording a phrasing than women. (Unless they live in GB. Those blokes talk just like their women, or maybe it's the other way around). :D

I'm not just making this shit up. There are numerous studies showing this difference in language use by men and women, including the part about the genders in GB tending to use the same words.

The other part of your complaint, about supposedly stupid men who comment on stories in the hopes that they might get laid . . . um, excuse me, sir, but you might want to put down the pipe you're smoking. Whatever is in it is making you think some very strange things. :

I do live in Colorado, but I don't partake.

If anything, those who comment on a story only wish to connect with an author in some creative way. Many seek to control an author's works in order to result in a personal fantasy. Others just want to "know" an author. Very rarely is there any mention of actually meeting.

Case in point #1: I am a male author. I have corresponded with numerous fans over the years. Of all of them, only one wanted to actually meet and fuck me. I turned her down.

Case in point #2: My wife is a female author who, for a very long time, was listed in the Top Ten favorited authors on this site. She also corresponded with numerous fans, many more than I have. None of them actually suggested they meet and fuck.

Just two examples, but they already contradict what I assume is your basic theory. :

I once wrote a story in a feminine voice and posted it as if it was actually written by a woman. I did publish it under my own name. Right after the story posted it scored well and I got some glowing comments. I also started getting PMs and emails from guys. These PMs and emails all had an 'I'm interested' tone to them.

Then one of the readers did his due diligence and discovered I was actually a man and posted a comment stating such. The story's score almost immediately dropped, comments became mush less glowing, and the PMs/emails stopped.

So there you have it. A contradiction to your contradiction.

This story and what happened with it is also what made me wonder if there really was a bias in the way many men (not all men) perceive and rate stories based on author gender.

By the way, are you really a guy? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm really a guy

Fantasy, you miss the unisexual slant that the site's rules impose.

Men do write great lesbian fiction (Paco Fear ?) and many women writers post gay male stories that get well received.

The comments reflect the diversity.

Huh, I thought last night that the OP had taken this thread down. Glad to see that at least he's not completely gutless, that's... something.

Huh, I thought last night that the OP had taken this thread down. Glad to see that at least he's not completely gutless, that's... something.

Once posted, you can't take a thread down yourself.

On the "you can tell" front, I only think you can tell some of the time what gender the poster is (you can certainly tell that Susan/Freddie is male from the content of his posts), but not by the account name by any means. That's why I don't discuss much on threads like this. I've proved to myself that I can have account names with content that successfuly hide both my gender and my sexual preferences. And on the forum, at least, I don't get the impression that there is a preponderance of males posting in the subforums I read. But then I don't spend any time researching that.

Oh yes, yours is way bigger than Willie's and much more well formed too.

But I saw his first. ;)

You are really funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Will you give my stories a 5 then? I promise to flirt outrageously and lyingly pretend I am going to meet up with you and offer you hot sex.
;)

On the "you can tell" front, I only think you can tell some of the time what gender the poster is (you can certainly tell that Susan/Freddie is male from the content of his posts), but not by the account name by any means.

Hey, Slyc, I wish you would do a FAWC where entrants have to post two stories - one from a male and the other from a female PoV. It would be fun to hear the reasons why people guessed the author and also the ways they think gender has influenced the writing style.
:cool:

Hey, Slyc, I wish you would do a FAWC where entrants have to post two stories - one from a male and the other from a female PoV. It would be fun to hear the reasons why people guessed the author and also the ways they think gender has influenced the writing style.
:cool:

That could be a lot of fun. Everyone would have to create a couple of one time Alts to write under so no one would know who each story belongs to...

How would the "big reveal" work?

That could be a lot of fun. Everyone would have to create a couple of one time Alts to write under so no one would know who each story belongs to...

How would the "big reveal" work?

In the FAWC series, all stories were posted under the FAWC account name until the author reveal at the end--the reveal being given here on the forum. (Then anyone who wanted to repost the story under their own account name could do so.)

In the FAWC series, all stories were posted under the FAWC account name until the author reveal at the end--the reveal being given here on the forum. (Then anyone who wanted to repost the story under their own account name could do so.)

My bad. I wasn't fully aware of how the FAWC actually worked. Sounds simple.

Some data on Literotica demographics here: http://markallenthornton.com/blog/sexual-demographics/

The results reported below are derived from a dataset composed of 290,844 erotic stories by 62,789 authors. Of those authors, 33% were female, 44% were male, 2% were a couple sharing an account, .5% were transsexual, and the rest did not report their sex. So, depending on how the "not stated" breaks down, and on possible dishonesty, it looks as if male authors slightly outnumber female, but not by a whole lot.

It also indicates that about 2/3 of stories are written by men; I think this is after excluding the trans/couple/not-stated authors, so just looking at those where authors have identified as male or female.

Alexa demographics suggest that of site viewers, males are "over-represented" but not "greatly over-represented" relative to the internet average.

So, overall, looks as if there are more men here, both as authors and as readers, but it's not a huge gap. It will also depend on which categories you're looking at - the first of those two links shows a breakdown by category, identifying where female authors are over- or under-represented.

(Hm, SF/F is about 2/3 male but NonHuman is 2/3 female. Interesting.)

I'm not just making this shit up. There are numerous studies showing this difference in language use by men and women, including the part about the genders in GB tending to use the same words.

There are differences, but they're not huge, and it's not possible to reliably tag a random internet poster based on a short comment. At best you're going to get something like "this is about 60-70% likely to have been written by a guy" and even then, you'd better have trained your method on similar content; usage in formal non-fiction is different from informal fiction, and reader comments are probably different again.

I'm one of those "not stated"s but I mostly write from a female perspective. I got a handful of wannafuck PMs when I first started posting, apparently from dudes who spam the same sort of stuff to every maybe-female profile they can see. I blocked them and I don't think I've had a single person try to proposition me here in the last couple of years.

I do get quite a few positive comments from guys on my F/F stories, but as far as I can tell none of them are trying to get into my pants; it's rare that they even give me any way to contact them back, let alone the sort of leg-humping I got from those early PMs.

You're just noticing this OP?

In the service industry, women tend to make more money in tips, too.

At least on the internet you can reap the benefits of being a woman by pretending to be one. In real life, all you get is people humming Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" behind your back.

The results reported below are derived from a dataset composed of 290,844 erotic stories by 62,789 authors. Of those authors, 33% were female, 44% were male, 2% were a couple sharing an account, .5% were transsexual, and the rest did not report their sex. So, depending on how the "not stated" breaks down, and on possible dishonesty, it looks as if male authors slightly outnumber female, but not by a whole lot.

This comes up occasionally, and I always think "bullshit." How in the hell can anyone claim to know what gender the authors here actually are? You don't get anything reliable by taking what anyone reports. How gullible can folks get?

Thank you for providing factual analysis, not just wild guesses. :rose: Very informative.

I'm one of those "not stated"s but I mostly write from a female perspective. I got a handful of wannafuck PMs when I first started posting, apparently from dudes who spam the same sort of stuff to every maybe-female profile they can see. I blocked them and I don't think I've had a single person try to proposition me here in the last couple of years.

I get propositions almost every time I post a new story. I just roll my eyes. To try to quell that, I even put specifically in my bio, "Very married, VERY satisfied, and NOT interested in cyber -- but I'm glad if my stories tickle your fancy, or other bits. If you like them, then please vote accordingly and leave happy public comments! Looking to sharpen my writing skills, and for support, encouragement, and hopefully friendship from other writers." I thought that was polite, but straightforward. So now I get, "You say you're happily married, but then why are you here?" Or this recent gem, "Does your husband know and approve you post here?" oh, ffs :rolleyes:

This comes up occasionally, and I always think "bullshit." How in the hell can anyone claim to know what gender the authors here actually are? You don't get anything reliable by taking what anyone reports. How gullible can folks get?

Dick pics, obviously. XY has been gauging male responses by the number of dick pics he is receiving. Although...I'm female, but if I really wanted to, I could probably find a dick pic to send someone...

Most of my non-anon comments come from readers who identify themselves as women. I'm a straight woman, have never had a lesbian experience, but women who identify as lesbian or bi seem to appreciate my lesbian stories (even in the BDSM category). However, no self-identifying female has ever contacted me in PM to try to get freaky. Several males have -- most of whom don't ever mention or discuss my stories at all. So....don't know what to make of that. I have no idea if these "pathetic" men -- to quote the OP of this thread -- ever even read or voted on anything I wrote, or if they were just responding to what they perceived (correctly) as a female pen name.

Of the remaining thousands of views, votes with no comment, or anon comments....how on earth could anyone possibly determine the gender of all of those readers. or if one gender is voting higher than the other? :confused:

Yep, me too...it appeared to have vanished temporarily. :confused:

Back