The Literotica Tag team competition?

For every generation of school kids there has been a simplistic seeming idea to help those who required it and promote diversity. In each generation there were the older generation who frowned upon what the school where doing.......

In the 60's it was the beatnik kids, the '70's long haired hippies, the 80's had the yuppies and so on and for each generation there was a new way of teaching and learning... may I point to the learning by colour system that some kids never recovered from.

I guess the complainers above need to ask themselves when they grew up into grumpy of men and women who don't understand the younger generations or that its a very different world with very different expectations to 10 or 20 years ago ;)

I am picturing some of you as Howard and Marion Cunningham from Happy Days instead of the sexy smut writing people you are ... lol :D
But when kids are no longer learning the three R's but are given anti bullying instruction where 12 year old girls are forced to ask another girl for a kiss by college students There is something wrong with schools.

When courts say schools can ban American flags because it might incite violence some things wrong.

When kids are not taught basic cursive something is wrong

When kids are forced to read one religions holy book but are suspended and arrested for mentioning another religion some things wrong

When children are suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of pastry some things wrong.

When a kindergartener is suspended and labeled a sex offender because he hugged a classmate, some things wrong.

When a kid is suspended from school and arrested because he found a gun on the street and took it so no one could use it and turned it over to the resource officer some things wrong

When a school tells the parents of a deaf kid to change his name because when signing his name his hand looks life,e a gun some things wrong

When a high school student wears a shirt proclaiming his support of the US Marines and gets expelled because there was a gun on the shirt some things wrong

When teachers are not allowed to fail a student some things wrong

When teachers are told that they can't grade homework assignments somethings wrong

I could go on and on and on... but I think you get my point. The problems in our schools are not because of new learning methods parents don't understand, or just wishing things were like they were back when...

There are real problems in our schools that need people,e to stand up and tell politicians of all stripes to stay the fuck out of schools and led educators educate our children.

The best things you can teach your child is to think for themself, and critical thinking skills. Not how to follow the other lemmings off a cliff. /rant

Whoa! my post was more a tongue in cheek, poking fun of the old "When I was kid...." generational gap.

I am sorry for messing up the thread, I guess my humour is a bit weird and I apologize. I am a teacher who deals with all that bureaucratic red tape day in day out, admittedly different country and different problems and any of the above was not my agenda when I posted. :eek:

Back to the competition at hand I hope people did well over their first week with their partners.
Good luck everyone! :)

Whoa! my post was more a tongue in cheek, poking fun of the old "When I was kid...." generational gap.

I thought the same thing as Ellie. People have been decrying the younger generation for a long time and in lots of different directions, too. There are lots of examples through-out history about how the latest generation is soft or wrong-minded. Not criticizing anyone's strongly held opinions, merely offering this perspective: the world's been going to hell in a hand basket long before you were born and some of our kids will probably make the same charge of a younger generation long after we're gone.

Pulling up next to a car with their music blasting and thumping, I scowled. My wife laughed at me and asked, "When did the music get too loud for you?" She had a point. My parents didn't respect the music blasting from my speakers any more than I'm respecting the music of that idiot stopped next to me. The difference? I have better taste in music. No, really. I do. Just ask me. :D

I thought the same thing as Ellie. People have been decrying the younger generation for a long time and in lots of different directions, too. There are lots of examples through-out history about how the latest generation is soft or wrong-minded. Not criticizing anyone's strongly held opinions, merely offering this perspective: the world's been going to hell in a hand basket long before you were born and some of our kids will probably make the same charge of a younger generation long after we're gone.

Pulling up next to a car with their music blasting and thumping, I scowled. My wife laughed at me and asked, "When did the music get too loud for you?" She had a point. My parents didn't respect the music blasting from my speakers any more than I'm respecting the music of that idiot stopped next to me. The difference? I have better taste in music. No, really. I do. Just ask me. :D

What is your taste in music? So I can judge for myself. You know, the important things in life.

I grew up with "what are you a fag?" Anytime I complained or acted like my age as that was the line I heard even as a young kid. Many of us here are close in age and there was no pc.

These days it is out of control and to say kids are coddled and over sensitive is an understatement.

Yet as a generation they have a lot more issues than ours did.

There is something to be said for being "toughened up" as a kid.

I grew up with "what are you a fag?" Anytime I complained or acted like my age as that was the line I heard even as a young kid. Many of us here are close in age and there was no pc.

These days it is out of control and to say kids are coddled and over sensitive is an understatement.

Yet as a generation they have a lot more issues than ours did.

There is something to be said for being "toughened up" as a kid.
Of course, when we called some one a faggot it had nothing to do with sexual preference. Enjoy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

My old man was a world war 2 vet at the age of 15. That is, he enlisted when he was 13, served in the Pacific, and was 15 years old the day the war ended. And he wasn't unusual. Today such kids would be wrapped in Wounded Warrior blankets and taking meds for even thinking of military service.

For every generation of school kids there has been a simplistic seeming idea to help those who required it and promote diversity. In each generation there were the older generation who frowned upon what the school where doing.......

In the 60's it was the beatnik kids, the '70's long haired hippies, the 80's had the yuppies and so on and for each generation there was a new way of teaching and learning... may I point to the learning by colour system that some kids never recovered from.

I guess the complainers above need to ask themselves when they grew up into grumpy of men and women who don't understand the younger generations or that its a very different world with very different expectations to 10 or 20 years ago ;)

I am picturing some of you as Howard and Marion Cunningham from Happy Days instead of the sexy smut writing people you are ... lol :D

Not quite. Old, grumpy(some times), but not Howard and Marion. Richie would have never gotten away with some of the shit he did. And The Fonz...well he wouldn't have been around to jump over sharks on a motorcycle. ;)

But when kids are no longer learning the three R's but are given anti bullying instruction where 12 year old girls are forced to ask another girl for a kiss by college students There is something wrong with schools.

When courts say schools can ban American flags because it might incite violence some things wrong.

When kids are not taught basic cursive something is wrong

When kids are forced to read one religions holy book but are suspended and arrested for mentioning another religion some things wrong

When children are suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of pastry some things wrong.

When a kindergartener is suspended and labeled a sex offender because he hugged a classmate, some things wrong.

When a kid is suspended from school and arrested because he found a gun on the street and took it so no one could use it and turned it over to the resource officer some things wrong

When a school tells the parents of a deaf kid to change his name because when signing his name his hand looks life,e a gun some things wrong

When a high school student wears a shirt proclaiming his support of the US Marines and gets expelled because there was a gun on the shirt some things wrong

When teachers are not allowed to fail a student some things wrong

When teachers are told that they can't grade homework assignments somethings wrong

I could go on and on and on... but I think you get my point. The problems in our schools are not because of new learning methods parents don't understand, or just wishing things were like they were back when...

There are real problems in our schools that need people,e to stand up and tell politicians of all stripes to stay the fuck out of schools and led educators educate our children.

The best things you can teach your child is to think for themself, and critical thinking skills. Not how to follow the other lemmings off a cliff. /rant

Zero tolerance to anything is a mistake as each situation is different. Trying to pigeon hole our children's children into neat little slots is ridiculous as no two kids are the same no matter how hard you hit them over the head to get that square peg in the round hole.

I have nothing against the younger generation, I was once the younger generation. I'm complaining about what my generation is doing to the younger generation. How the younger generation is being short changed by my generation.

The budget of any federal, state or local government should have education as its biggest piece of the pie. Without education, good education, not the pablum they force down the kid throats today, this country will fail.

I blame my generation for that, not the current generation. We as a country have failed in our duty to educate our children. They no longer know right from wrong, winning and losing, how to work to achieve a goal. They will be helpless drones dependent on the...well no need to go there just yet.

Last edited:
Writing like this is fun, instant feedback on what you pass off to your partner. Just passed off a huge scene, waiting too see what they think of it. Pins and needles, pins and needles.

An aside: The TV was on. Animal Planet (the wife loves animal planet) the hunt for big foot was on. The flashed the guys name at the bottom of the screen and I had to laugh. I don't remember his first name, just his nickname and last name. "Boooo" Fay. About split my sides laughing. :cool:

Writing like this is fun, instant feedback on what you pass off to your partner. Just passed off a huge scene, waiting too see what they think of it. Pins and needles, pins and needles.

An aside: The TV was on. Animal Planet (the wife loves animal planet) the hunt for big foot was on. The flashed the guys name at the bottom of the screen and I had to laugh. I don't remember his first name, just his nickname and last name. "Boooo" Fay. About split my sides laughing. :cool:

Sorry, but that triggered another thing best described with another youtube link:
Comedian Greg Warren on searching for Bigfoot.

This really has been surprisingly easy and entertaining. My partner and I are really in synch, so everything has gone so smoothly. I think even if they threw me a curve ball, or me them, we'd make it work. I kind of like to ad lib. The only thing I'm avoiding doing is thinking too far ahead, in case my partner throws me a twist I wasn't expecting.

I hope it is going as well for everyone else too. :)

Lol. I did the same thing!

I had thought about trying to sync them so someone could click one, then the other and then the other. But then I thought, "Really?"

LOL - can't imagine the hot mess you two heard!

All the good stuff -

This

Like this

Or this

Y'know - just the classics. :D

Now I liked the bagpipes.

Got woke up one morning, when camping on a lake in Georgia, to a guy in full kilt standing on a pier in the fog playing. The most surreal moment of my life standing there holding my wife with fog around our feet and him going full bore. The trees on the other side of the lake sending back echos. Beautiful.

I like the Uilleann pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwxga8udIio

Similar, but different :D

MST

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I hope their stories are coming along and I'm looking forward to reading them (are they going to have a link to them like the holiday stories or are they just going to be in EC?)

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know how many postings I have to make before I'm allowed an avatar?

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I hope their stories are coming along and I'm looking forward to reading them (are they going to have a link to them like the holiday stories or are they just going to be in EC?)

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know how many postings I have to make before I'm allowed an avatar?

100, I think.

Back