Pages

I’m wondering what the page conversion/ratio is.

Word to literotica.

Literotica pages are usually about 3750 words. The size of a page in Word is going to vary quite a bit, but say 500-600 words. As a round number, say about 7 Word pages to a Lit page.

I expect someone or the other's gonna say I'm stupid for writing this, bur so be it. I don't think you can say a Lit page equals this or that number of words, not even approximately. It depends on your writing style.

If you write a description like this:

'Andy called Emma's number and waited nervously for her to answer. When she finally did, all he said was: "Hi honey". She replied:"Oh, hi Andy! I never thought you would call this late". "I didn't intend to, but i wanted to hear your voice ..."

Now, if you keep that up, with ten full lines to a paragraph and the paragraphs continuing for ten Word pages, you get a hell of a lot of words. On the other hand, if you write like this:

"Hi Emma." Andy said when she answered.

"Hi Andy." she replied.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm in bed."

"Already?"

"Yeah, didn't expect you to call this late."

Keep this up for ten Word pages and you'd end up with a hell of a lot less words in the same space. So, I kind of agree with NotWise in general, but it depends...

You're not stupid! I've asked the same question, and I've been told it really does come down to words. Including more returns (such as for long sections of dialogue) doesn't impact how many pages you end up with, just how long some of the pages will scroll.

I expect someone or the other's gonna say I'm stupid for writing this, bur so be it. I don't think you can say a Lit page equals this or that number of words, not even approximately. It depends on your writing style.

this:

Keep this up for ten Word pages and you'd end up with a hell of a lot less words in the same space. So, I kind of agree with NotWise in general, but it depends...

This is a repeated question, and 3,750 plus/minus 100 words is the repeated answer. It IS a reliable estimate, based on many writers actually checking against their bodies of work.

Your example uses a fixed Word page (for print) as its frame of reference. A Lit page doesn't work that way. It's size is defined by how many characters fit in the data field - so it doesn't matter how many words and spaces you have - fill up the field, and a Lit page will turn.

So in this case, it really is a matter of paying attention to those who know what they're talking about, and don't get mislead by those that don't.

3,750 words. Trust those who repeatedly say this number.

Just what are the dimensions of a "Word page" ?
Our 'A4' page size is 8.25 x 11.75 inches, and you can reckon on 500-600 words on one such page.

This is a repeated question, and 3,750 plus/minus 100 words is the repeated answer. It IS a reliable estimate, based on many writers actually checking against their bodies of work.

Your example uses a fixed Word page (for print) as its frame of reference. A Lit page doesn't work that way. It's size is defined by how many characters fit in the data field - so it doesn't matter how many words and spaces you have - fill up the field, and a Lit page will turn.

So in this case, it really is a matter of paying attention to those who know what they're talking about, and don't get mislead by those that don't.

3,750 words. Trust those who repeatedly say this number.

This was my impression, and I wanted to confirm it so I picked a random page from one of my stories. 3842 words. I think electricblue is right. 3750 plus/minus 100 words seems to work consistently for my lit pages.

The number of words on a Word page is much more variable, percentage-wise, because it depends on the length of your paragraphs. For me it can range from 450 to 650. A page full of dialogue will be on the low end, and a page full of narrative will be on the high end. But the average is around 500-550.

So figure roughly just under 7 Word pages to each Lit page, on average.

'Andy called Emma's number and waited nervously for her to answer. When she finally did, all he said was: "Hi honey". She replied:"Oh, hi Andy! I never thought you would call this late". "I didn't intend to, but i wanted to hear your voice ..."

Now, if you keep that up, with ten full lines to a paragraph and the paragraphs continuing for ten Word pages, you get a hell of a lot of words. On the other hand, if you write like this:

"Hi Emma." Andy said when she answered.

"Hi Andy." she replied.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm in bed."

"Already?"

"Yeah, didn't expect you to call this late."

This is correct for pages in Word, because Word pages are limited by space - the size of a standard sheet of paper, minus margins etc.

But it's not correct for Literotica, because page breaks here aren't determined by a fixed number of lines. If the writer puts in a lot of paragraph breaks, then the page will scroll down a bit further, but it'll still have about the same number of words per page.

About the only way to get significantly over or under that "3750 words/Lit page" rule of thumb is by consistently using very short or very long words, or by including a LOT of punctuation.

Back