What's for dinner?

The hospital dinner was a barf-it-up, too soon after many hours of general anesthesia. Breakfast was a fair (bland) omelet and stuff, and lunch was... cheeseburger and fries, sort of. I now await the busy doc to sign me out. Alas, taco trucks are off-limits for a week, so our homecoming-and-anniversary feast will be soft and bland. Except the award-winning ice cream.

The hospital dinner was a barf-it-up, too soon after many hours of general anesthesia. Breakfast was a fair (bland) omelet and stuff, and lunch was... cheeseburger and fries, sort of. I now await the busy doc to sign me out. Alas, taco trucks are off-limits for a week, so our homecoming-and-anniversary feast will be soft and bland. Except the award-winning ice cream.

Get well soon!

Polish-style hot dogs, okay, it's just hot dogs from a Polish meat packer - imagine Kosher hot dogs with best pork with extra black pepper and garlic :cool:

Get well soon!
I'm working on it, thanks. The rough part of the overnight 'observation' (fully wired to monitors) was trying to sleep despite someone switching lights on and doing something important to me or my roommate... every dark hour. That wasn't quite balanced by freely requesting vanilla pudding at any time.

I'm back home now. Supper: thick bland soup. Midnight snack: thinner bland soup. Get that lobster bisque away from me! Breakfast: thicker bland soup aka oatmeal. I note a pattern. I'll die of boredom if my heart doesn't get me.

...imagine Kosher hot dogs with best pork...
"Kosher pork" has a strange ring.

Last edited:
Polish-style hot dogs, okay, it's just hot dogs from a Polish meat packer - imagine Kosher hot dogs with best pork with extra black pepper and garlic :cool:
Wow. I can definitely imagine. I cook fresh kielbasa every Easter.
I'll die of boredom if my heart doesn't get me.

:( Spice is on the other side, you'll get there.

Last night was whatever I could scrounge - venison cheese hot dogs, celery and carrots, and leftover potato salad.

I think tonight I'll be fed a chicken sandwich. But when? Various new meds have food and time restrictions. I need to build a spreadsheet tracking each pill and mealtime for the next ten days, and set my phone's clock to tell me what to consume when.

We'll dessert with a fine ice cream, two scoops each. That's our anniversary celebration. Woo woo.

We'll dessert with a fine ice cream, two scoops each. That's our anniversary celebration. Woo woo.

Happy Anniversary :rose:

Tonight was homemade personal pizzas - with red bell pepper, onion, and pepperoni for me. Salads and dessert of cherry pie filling and cream cheese in puff pastry.

I think tonight I'll be fed a chicken sandwich. But when? Various new meds have food and time restrictions. I need to build a spreadsheet tracking each pill and mealtime for the next ten days, and set my phone's clock to tell me what to consume when.

Happy Anniversary!

It's Detox Weekend so I'm on incredibly healthy green smoothies and nothing else for the entire long weekend. And coffee of course.

Was it Captain Crunch?

I made a sweet Italian sausage, sweet oinon, red bell pepper, zucchini, and chopped tomato fry up. Was delish and I know what I'll be eating the next two days.

My brothers and I used to snack on Captain Crunch and Frosted Flakes all the time. These days I do an occasional bowl of Cheerios. Cerieal is really not good for you. But I love it sooooo....

Guacamole omelet, flowery white beans, Mississippi Mud black-n-tan

Dandelion, green kale, raw beet, whole clementines and a grapefruit smoothie with added lecithin, vitamin c and collagen. With a banana for dessert.

Charcoal grilled New York strip
Grill steamed corn on the cob
Potato salad
Macaroni salad

Funny I should see this just now. Put dinner in the oven and OMG does it smell good! Barley bake. Pearl barley and I added carrot, celery, onion, shallot, a little cream of mushroom soup, slivered almonds, butter, salt, pepper and parsley and covered with beef broth. In addition will have hamburger patties (no bun) with a goodly slice of Tilamook cheddar, a tomato slice and bacon. I made a small casserole for my gardener's dog without any source of onion/allium because those are toxic to dogs. :heart:

Last edited:
Grilled honey brined chicken breasts, baked potato casserole with garlic butter, uncured bacon and aged cheddar, plus marinated grilled sweet onion, red bell pepper and zucchini. Raspberry cheesecake gelato for dessert.

As a bean lover, I must know... What are flowery white beans?
Great Northerns crock-potted with roast-chicken debris, shallot, much celery (leaves included), chopped carrots, a link of flower-scented Chinese sausage, and a splash of orange extract. Light and bright.
___

PS: This afternoon was exhausting so we took it easy with supper. My partner prepped a packaged Oriental salad and popped the Pinot Grigio. I sweated ;) over the main course: poke fork-holes in two small red potatoes, microwave in a sealed container, three minutes. Add two hard-frozen Evergood chicken-pineapple sausages, nuke for another three minutes. Top each tater with a dab of lowfat sour cream. Forking the taters was the hard part. Whew.

Last edited:
Great Northerns crock-potted with roast-chicken debris, shallot, much celery (leaves included), chopped carrots, a link of flower-scented Chinese sausage, and a splash of orange extract. Light and bright.
___

PS: This afternoon was exhausting so we took it easy with supper. My partner prepped a packaged Oriental salad and popped the Pinot Grigio. I sweated ;) over the main course: poke fork-holes in two small red potatoes, microwave in a sealed container, three minutes. Add two hard-frozen Evergood chicken-pineapple sausages, nuke for another three minutes. Top each tater with a dab of lowfat sour cream. Forking the taters was the hard part. Whew.

Wow that sounds great.

Back