New Story Advertisments

I read Annora's Red Doors:

I have to say, for a first, it shows incredible skill with language, pacing, and the general "give-em-what-they-want" of storytelling. In case you were wondering, it gets a solid five from me...among some of the best I've seen.

But...I've gotta critique. Not because I'm evil and petty (as so many writers accuse critics of being) but because I see room for improvement.

Generally, I'm not a fan of "first-person" although beginning writers and erotica writers as a whole tend to use it a lot. After all, it makes sense right? In the first person, you can focus on the intense feelings of a single character. This would pretty much be accurate for any sexual experience. For a beginning writer, it's just easy to focus on one character instead of a dozen.

However, I see so many scenes in your work where you're just begging to describe everything (first chapters of an ongoing story, or series of them are usually clogged with exposition) but have to keep it focused on just those things that your main character would notice.

I'm not suggesting an entire change in style because there's nothing wrong with the way you write. I don't much like stories told in the first-person, but yours made sense and flowed without cheating me of the "greater part" of your story.

I did like this story very much and I'm looking forward to your girl's next case.

But, if I'm gonna give advice to a beginning, and very talented writer, I would have to suggest that you try your hand at a story written in the third person. You'll find it's easier to work in those long descriptive passages that tend to slow down stories written in first person...i.e. the rambling internal monologues in old detective stories. Even if you don't decide to change the point of view for your stories, you'll get better at expanding it to the point where nit-pickers like me don't start wishing they could see the story from everyone's perspective instead of just one.

So, a little critique and a little praise. Now go...go and write. We need a few more like you.

- Wyld -
 
The Park Bench~

The Park Bench
I wrote this awhile back and finally posted it
to fill a catagorie for the survivor contest. I wasn't
going to advertise it but it is getting great feedback
even if it was a first story I ever wrote type tale.
Thanks...

And thank you wylde for the comment on Red Doors
I have written with Annora on a couple things and
she can sure steam up a tale...hehehehe...
Her Chapter 2 posted today also...
Red Doors Ch 02
I really liked her approach to this novel and
look forward to her cases. Each Chapter is
a new case and they are very different and very
erotic. Thanks again.
 
Wyldekarde's stories~

WyldKarde said:
Ahhh, well since I've critiqued, it only seems fair that I lay myself before the masses. I've got two stories up, both fairly new and wouldn't mind getting them walked around the block by my fellow litizens.

The first is the opening chapter in an ongoing series that I think shows some promise:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=136071

The next is an incest story...I just felt like writing outside my comfort zone:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=138695

Here is the link to Wyldekarde's stories...
Heralds of the Dying Age - Preface

Sarah's sleepover

Gave ya a boost there Wylde~
 
My newest story is up. It's chapter 4 in the Mirror Mirror chain story.

Also, my fetish story, Fisherman's Fancy, is one vote shy of 10, so I would appreciate it if any of you would go read it and vote if you haven't already. Thanks!

Links are in siggy, and as always reads/votes/feedback are much appreciated!!

:kiss:
 
Different Categories for Different Tastes

Alright, Alright....

After being hounded in PM snickers trying not to spew coffee everywhere I have come to post the link to a few of my new stories and poems.

Humor and Satire
Feedback
This is for anyone that has ever written a story for Lit and received any form of feedback.

Erotic Horror
Free Woman of the North
This one is a Gor based tale. I wrote it and pondered submitting it. It has a different type of twist to the ending.

Chain Stories
Mirror Mirror Ch. 03
This is number 3 of I believe 7 or 8 pieces. The story was started by My Erotic Tail. If you have any interest in chain stories at all you have to catch this one.

And please remember this is the last weekend to vote on the Earth Day Stories that are in the contest. There are many that still need votes to be eligible and there are some outstanding stories over there by some of the best writers in Lit.

Earth Day Contest Stories
 
WOOHOOO Crim

waves her fingers at Art

Hey Wylde...
I read your Sarah story... yummy... then again, I happen to like them type of story...winks
 
runs by snatching up grumpy and running away with him since she lost her email program *grumbles loudly* and sneaks off to a secluded cave with him
 
My newest story, Graceful Love, has now been posted. It's in the Romance category and is longer than my usual (four Lit pages.)

I would really like to get some feedback on this one. Its rating is a bit lower than I expected, so I would like to know what y'all think is wrong with it.

As always, all reads/votes/feedback are greatly appreciated!
 
Elizabetht said:
runs by snatching up grumpy and running away with him since she lost her email program *grumbles loudly* and sneaks off to a secluded cave with him

Jumps for joy at finding his griend again.....!
YEAH!
 
my second attempt

I just finished my second story, titled "Hello Ola." I found it much harder to finish than my first, so any input is welcomed. It's an erotic couplings story.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=138811

It's not as immediately pleasing to everyone as a blowjob is--but I think, or hope at least (!) some will relate to this fantasy.
 
Last edited:
the first two parts of my first posted story series

Hello all...
Well i wanted to get as much feedback as possible for my first erotic story effort called "ODD OPPORTUNITIES". This is an college-age sexual romp of sorts, told from the perspective of a 21-year old female, and set with the tone of someone this age. it's in the exhibitionist vein, so it's listed in that category. Here are the links.

PART ONE:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=138721

PART TWO:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=138845

I hope ya enjoy them, and know that part 3 is almost finished. I'd really like feedback and any ideas from readers for what they'd like to see happen in future parts of this emerging series!

Thanks!
SuperfluousOne
 
Ticket to Heaven~

(Warning this story is not for the light hearted
It contains graphic literature in the catagorie of
"HORROR" This story may cause Night mares and
unsettled emotions so please read with CAUTION!!!)
...lol

..................Ticket to Heaven..............
 
Last edited:
Re: Ticket to Heaven~

My Erotic Tail said:
(Warning this story is not for the light hearted
It contains graphic literature in the catagorie of
"HORROR" This story may cause Night mares and
unsettled emotions so please read with CAUTION!!!)
...lol

..................Ticket to Heaven..............



Whoa...this was intense but I couldn't stop reading. Great work Art.:D
 
Good Day Lit readers, writers, and trolls....lol

I have a new story up in Erotic Couplings that was doing okay until someone decided that they couldn't read Author's notes...sooooo I will dump the story into here and see if it catches anyone else's fancy. It was doing wonderful until that all important 1 vote.

*mumbles and wanders off*

Out of the Ashes
 
Review

"Ticket to Heaven"

My Erotic Tail...

Another good one. I liked Ticket To Heaven although I have to admit to getting jarred out of the story at the ending. I guessed at what the ending meant (I won't spoil it here) but was left with my assumptions as there was no revalation at the end but rather another suggestion that, while it supported the others made during the course of the story, didn't give me the closure I like to see when I reach the voting bar.

But this is pretty much a personal preference that, as a writer myself, only speaks to my own methods. I happen to like erotic horror and churned it out mercilessly well before there was a category that kept it away from the innocents around here.

Boy, the fans of "Loving Wives" were in for a surprise every time one of mine appeared under the "new" listings.

In terms of fair and even-haded critique, I found the story to be extremely well-written. While I may not find some of the "activities" in your starkly portrayed world to be strictly erotic, I cannot deny the visceral response to reading them.

Erotic horror is a very tough genre that rarely fulfills both halves of it's promise, most of the stories being neither erotic nor horrifying and few of them being either. Your story does well what few stories do, you paint a vivid picture and tell a story in it. What people find terrifying and what people find sexy is so hit and miss that all a smart writer can hope to do is tell their story well and let their craft speak for itself.

Your craft speaks volumes, and you are a very smart writer.

- Wyld -
 
Wyld ~

Wow thanks for the read and review..
I am really glad your pleased...I always say
"I aim it to please.."..hehehe

But I must give the young man credit who
helped me come up with the story where he
may have brought out to GORE in the story
I did try to twist and turn it into a mystique
read. I always like that in a story...

Thanks again...

....Art....
 
Back
Top