Is this funny or tragic?

EMPRESSLAINIE

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Posts
158
I learned last night from a customer that my own company had gone to my new store before my transfer and told the gro. store mgr. and all our people there:


THAT I WAS A MALE CROSSDRESSER!

They ignored my state ID which says F on it. No way do I even look like a male.

So that explains the antipathy I received from day one. And since the store mgr didn't want a CD working there, he conspired with one of our people (who rumor says may be sleeping with him) to make up the lies defaming my character and complaining to my company with them.

Not only have I lost the store I wanted for three years, until I get the company to correct this, they will cause me problems everywhere.

Even if I was a CD the gro store has violated NV law which even protects CD's from discrimination.
 
Talked to the store mgr this morning. He denies what is written in the document given me. Claims he only had 2 complaints about me but were not about gender, but he can't say what they were. Denies that gg employees complained to him, which is also written in the document.

What I told him after having him identify himself was: You have been misinformed, I am a woman, not a male cross dresser. And that someone had been in this store from my company and told people including ours that I was.

He claimed never to have heard it. Yet he is the one who asked my company for my removal. I suspect he will deny that too.

Documents are hard evidence, even if they were full of lies.
 
hg

the bastard ought to be strung up.
Its the same with me, because im in a chair, people assume im mentally challged.
my girlfriend is kept under house arrest by social workers disgraceful
 
As long as you have actual evidence, not someone told me something - you have solid grounds to sue. Even if the employer backs down and apologises they have created a "poisoned environment" for you that will be hard to change. The damage has been done. To sue for "damages" you have to prove you were damaged and how much you were damaged.
I sued a previous employer and reached an out of court settlement just under 100k. Took 6 years from start to finish. He totally denied any wrong doing on his part even tho I had irrefutable hard evidence. He came up with wild accusations about me that he had nothing to substantiate with so in the long run it even made him look worse. When all other avenues were exhausted and all that was left was a court date he decided to settle. He figured I would either go broke and drop it or drag it out as long as he could and i would give up.
 
Anti discrimination laws are wonderful things on paper, but in reality they only work when a)they are enforced and b)there is solid evidence that what happened to an employee is bias as specified in the law. The problem is a lot of the time the discrimination is not written down, it is done subtly, employees hours shifted, employees written up for 'mistakes', fake complaints from customers, you get it. Even in states that tend to be friendly towards employees bringing suit, it can be difficult to prove it was discrimination because they can concoct all kinds of excuses and the burden of proof is on those bringing suit, and it can take a long, long time.

In your case, it would be good if you could prove your old company in fact told them you are a male CD and so forth, simply saying it happened won't hold water, unless you can get someone to testify or give a signed affidavit it may not hold water.

To be honest, in this kind of circumstance often the only way out may be to try and find another job and get away from there. You best bet for a first step is to talk to GLBT organization and see if they can help, hopefully they have good suggestions. It sucks, but given in this country that in most places you still can be fired for being GLBT quite legally, it is a sad fact of life. The good news is that many employers realize that good employees are good employees and don't want to lose them, even in a recession it is hard to find top performers and therefore don't tolerate this kind of crap, but that isn't all of them sadly. I remember several years ago a CD who worked as a truck driver for some shitty grocery store chain down in the bible thumper belt and was fired because the bosses found out, even though the poor sob only dressed at home, it never had anything to do with his job (I think it was winn dixie, which with a name like that, well, you wouldn't associate it with tolerance or much love....ironically, the head of the company fired him if i recall correctly, because as a "Christian" he, the owner, had the duty to remove deviants from his payroll, some love.
 
Well hope you win and Vegas is usually a fairly relaxed town. Should say the name of the company so people who read this won't go there. Just an idea but in case you don't want anything to go wrong with the lawsuit I'd understand.
 
more

The store manager who connived to get me removed is at Smith's 385, Rampart & Lake Mead Las Vegas.

The person I think responsible for making this assumption is the acting human resources manager of our company. She saw my old name on the police report application and ignored my female state driver's license ID, which is in my file.

And then yesterday the transmission on my Explorer began having a problem.
Had it checked today and the 2nd and OD gears are not working. Just what I need, more problems.
 
utter and complete

BS. Everyone else has said so already and im no different. this person assumed you were a male cross dresser, but like you said you have female on your state ID. i dont know anything about the laws in Nevada but what I do know is that this shouldnt have happened to you..
 
Thank you Saxon for the link. I am not quite ready to proceed until I get some written statements, and a photograph of the "bed" I allegedly lay down in (impossible physically) and slept on my shift. The regional mgr didn't believe it either, but I think he is the one that told the people in the store before I was transferred there, at the insistence of his boss; who seemed to be very patronizing to me at the "disciplinary hearing."
 
I am working on getting testimony written and signed.

I'm pretty sure laws in NY, as well as 35 other states, allow people to covertly record each other as long as they are party to the conversation or they can "naturally" overhear other people's conversations.

An easily concealed digital voice recorder goes for about $40.
 
It Is Ended Now

I finally decided to end this fiasco with the help of a company ally who has known me for 3 yrs. He was unaware of the situation. I laid it all out for him, including why I thought it had happened. He said that is not to be tolerated under any condition and he will take care of it.

This is a huge relief for me. He also said he will try to get my extra shift back too, for me. He said he was very glad to have me back in his area.

Etoile - please lock this thread and delete it after Sept 16, thank you!
EL
 
Back
Top