Has this dialogue been done before?

rebel_code

Really Experienced
I'm working on a new story and just typed out this bit of dialogue, while realizing that it seems awfully familiar. While I like it very much, I don't want to use it if it is near verbatim from some well-known work, or is just a cliche. I just can't quite place it myself.

"But Andie, you are beautiful and sexy. I must tell you so every day," Jeffrey said.

"You just say that because you love me."

"Can't I say it both because I love you and because it's true?"

"No, it doesn't work that way. You're biased."

Yes, there is romance in this story, again. But there is also kink--I'm targeting it at Exhibitionist--and drama and action, if I can get it all to work out. Thanks for any help.

I'd say run with it. Sometimes, the easiest way may sound cliche, coz the words just work :).

I'm working on a new story and just typed out this bit of dialogue, while realizing that it seems awfully familiar. While I like it very much, I don't want to use it if it is near verbatim from some well-known work, or is just a cliche. I just can't quite place it myself.

It probably sounds familiar because it's common. I'm not sure it's exactly a cliché, but it's close.

Go ahead and use it. Common concepts are easy for readers to connect to.

Eh... I thought it sounded a little familiar as well so I googled it. All I could really find wash a scene from Miss Congeniality that sort of resembles the second line, but the rest is pretty straight forward.

I'd say run with it. Sometimes, the easiest way may sound cliche, coz the words just work :).

This exactly.

Last edited:
Back