Anonymous Secrets Thread

Forgive me, but I just caught up with this thread and thought I would (not so anonomously) post my secret of the heart...

37, M - My wife and I enjoyed "playtime" with another couple for the last few years, so I was comfortable with her flirting with men. When she got sent overseas for work and hung out with a guy there, I thought nothing of it. Fast forward to late May - she decided I wasn't good enough for her after 16 years and wanted out. My secret of the heart (and I'm sure as a guy, I'm violating a few man rules by even typing this) is: I'm totally lost when it comes to talking to women, especially attractive ones. I have no idea how to date - I've been with her since I was 21, pretty much my whole adult life. As one poster said: At the end of the day, I want someone to share my day with. I worry that I'll spend the rest of my life alone, that in fact there isn't someone out there for me. Not to mention the fact that involuntary celibacy is NOT something I enjoy either.

I guess I could have PM'd BBB or Neruda this, but I think I'd rather have it out in the open where it can see the light of day, with my lit name attached to it. At least here, in this thread, I can say what I need to say without judgement or reservation. In my dark days, I am thankful for the community here that keeps me entertained, even when I just lurk. Thanks everyone!!

I now return you to today's secrets :)

:rose:

I'm sorry you're going through that.

Forgive me, but I just caught up with this thread and thought I would (not so anonomously) post my secret of the heart...

37, M - My wife and I enjoyed "playtime" with another couple for the last few years, so I was comfortable with her flirting with men. When she got sent overseas for work and hung out with a guy there, I thought nothing of it. Fast forward to late May - she decided I wasn't good enough for her after 16 years and wanted out. My secret of the heart (and I'm sure as a guy, I'm violating a few man rules by even typing this) is: I'm totally lost when it comes to talking to women, especially attractive ones. I have no idea how to date - I've been with her since I was 21, pretty much my whole adult life. As one poster said: At the end of the day, I want someone to share my day with. I worry that I'll spend the rest of my life alone, that in fact there isn't someone out there for me. Not to mention the fact that involuntary celibacy is NOT something I enjoy either.

I guess I could have PM'd BBB or Neruda this, but I think I'd rather have it out in the open where it can see the light of day, with my lit name attached to it. At least here, in this thread, I can say what I need to say without judgement or reservation. In my dark days, I am thankful for the community here that keeps me entertained, even when I just lurk. Thanks everyone!!

Oh damn.. Hugs!!! Friendly pat on the shoulder. You need to pick yourself up and kick back into life! You'll get there, little by little. The worst thing is to give up. It's all in the frame of mind. Believe me, I know...Mind is an extremely powerful tool so try to start by there. Good luck! :kiss:

I've met several high-profile, high-ranking military types. Some I admire, some I just smh and wonder how they ever achieved their high rank.

all three... i've shared a couple... no comments on mine... that i know of... i only checked once...

Well the fact you only checked once says enough really :)

Hello all! I'm a Texan now, for at least the next few days. Thought I would send out an update while I still have cell service.

First to BBB and K123, thank you so much. You guys are doing a fantastic job. I dare say a better job than I do. I really appreciate the time, effort and spirit you are putting into this.

Kudram, To answer your question I actually have 3 anonymous secrets that I have posted to this site that are my own. I figured why let everyone else have all the fun. No, I won't tell you which ones they are, but i will say it felt very... cathartic to get them out.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks man :)

I hope you do enjoy your stay there, I know I;m enjoying myself here :D

And really, 3 anonymous secrets from yourself, isn't that sorta playing with yourself in public mate? :D

No reason to ask for forgiveness, and I don't know of any "man rules" you might have broken.

That just bloody sucks, I hope you find someone again, I can't garantee it, but I do hope you will.

As the blues brothers said, everyone everybody needs somebody to love.

Thanks, neruda, for stopping by and for your sympathy. I think the thread keeps going because it's a great idea. :D

After some careful thinking, I don't think I met any real famous people!

Unless you count a starting rock band who signed their first album for me.
Although I don't see them getting any major airtime on the radio's.

Other then that, I only saw a few celebs, unless I personally talk to them I don't consider it "meeting them".

Although there is this one local celeb that goes to the same gym I go to, But I refuse to acknowledge him, he comes in with this whole "yes its me, I know, its your lucky day to meet me" attitude. I'm half tempted to go up to him and ask him if he's so familiar because he delivers my mail or something. That should ruin his day.

After some careful thinking, I don't think I met any real famous people!

Unless you count a starting rock band who signed their first album for me.
Although I don't see them getting any major airtime on the radio's.

Other then that, I only saw a few celebs, unless I personally talk to them I don't consider it "meeting them".

Although there is this one local celeb that goes to the same gym I go to, But I refuse to acknowledge him, he comes in with this whole "yes its me, I know, its your lucky day to meet me" attitude. I'm half tempted to go up to him and ask him if he's so familiar because he delivers my mail or something. That should ruin his day.

I wonder if it's wrong that I really, really want you to to this! Hee hee! I once met a famous talk show host, and felt exactly the same way about him. What a conceited, self-centered $##^&*)#@% !! By the way, I just finished reading this entire thread last night - love it! Maybe I should take a Lit 'vacation' more often, wonderful things turn up while I'm gone:rolleyes: Kudos to Neruda for such a great thread, and to you and BBB for the wonderful job you are doing. :) Oh, and I loved your hypnotism gif, pefect! I think my favorite one so far is Neruda's "Swat" team, but there have been many really great ones:D

I might even make a contribution;)

I wonder if it's wrong that I really, really want you to to this! Hee hee! I once met a famous talk show host, and felt exactly the same way about him. What a conceited, self-centered $##^&*)#@% !! By the way, I just finished reading this entire thread last night - love it! Maybe I should take a Lit 'vacation' more often, wonderful things turn up while I'm gone:rolleyes: Kudos to Neruda for such a great thread, and to you and BBB for the wonderful job you are doing. :) Oh, and I loved your hypnotism gif, pefect! I think my favorite one so far is Neruda's "Swat" team, but there have been many really great ones:D

I might even make a contribution;)

Hehe, Nah it only makes you as twisted as I am :D

I'm happy you're enjoying yourself here :)

And BBB will be more then happy to take your confession today!

Or Neruda will get to it when he gets back!

Hehe, Nah it only makes you as twisted as I am :D

I'm happy you're enjoying yourself here :)

And BBB will be more then happy to take your confession today!

Or Neruda will get to it when he gets back!

By the way, it's not necessary to begin your PM with "bless me, brad for I have sinned." It's a nice touch, though.

By the way, it's not necessary to begin your PM with "bless me, brad for I have sinned." It's a nice touch, though.

I thought it was forgive father me for I have sinned?!

I don't know though, I never been in a confession booth.

But every time I see one in a cathedral I feel like sneaking in the priests seat and take their place to hear all the dirty things!

Would have to be in a city with a lot of female students though :devil:
I bet those have some juicy stuff after a weekend bender!

I thought it was forgive father me for I have sinned?!

I don't know though, I never been in a confession booth.

But every time I see one in a cathedral I feel like sneaking in the priests seat and take their place to hear all the dirty things!

Would have to be in a city with a lot of female students though :devil:
I bet those have some juicy stuff after a weekend bender!

I think that the Catholic Church has gotten away from that. It's more reconciliation and you chat the priest up.

Wow, a little catching up!

IF I posted a secret (not that I necessarily have any posted:rolleyes:) it would be to get it off my chest. And any comments after would be the sort I expected from it.

I have never met any famous people I don't think, but I went to high school with the kid of a famous person. He was (and is) sort of a self-centered asshole.

I have to admit that I was really leery of this thread when it started, but everyone involved is making it spectacular. Nicely done, guys. :rose:

Got an other one

Male, no age. I'm the guy that use to troll my wife using this alt. Now she sends me PMs with the same messages as before and I respond to her just like I used to. It's still fun, but not quite as much fun as it was before.

I think that the Catholic Church has gotten away from that. It's more reconciliation and you chat the priest up.

That really was the only reason it could be fun to become a priest!
idiots, how do they recruit new priests now :D

Wow, a little catching up!

IF I posted a secret (not that I necessarily have any posted:rolleyes:) it would be to get it off my chest. And any comments after would be the sort I expected from it.

I have never met any famous people I don't think, but I went to high school with the kid of a famous person. He was (and is) sort of a self-centered asshole.

I have to admit that I was really leery of this thread when it started, but everyone involved is making it spectacular. Nicely done, guys. :rose:

It's really a community effort this thread!
Without the people sending it in, there is no thread!
Also without people commenting and chatting here the thread would soon die too!

So I'd like to thank everyone :)
From the man who started it, to all the men and woman who contributed to it! and even the lurkers who just read :D

That really was the only reason it could be fun to become a priest!
idiots, how do they recruit new priests now :D

It's really a community effort this thread!
Without the people sending it in, there is no thread!
Also without people commenting and chatting here the thread would soon die too!

So I'd like to thank everyone :)
From the man who started it, to all the men and woman who contributed to it! and even the lurkers who just read :D

This is the coolest thread out here.... you get to see first hand how much everyone is the same, and different... you get to know people without violating their privacy...

And as far as the priest thing goes, Kudram, I think they join for the sacramental wine privileges... at least that was probably why our parish priest did when I was growing up ;)

Famous People

My Dad works at NASA and is a pretty big deal. I've had people shake MY hand like I was a celebrity because of being related to him. Through him, I've met dozens of astronauts, political people (congressmen, senators and 2 former Presidents) as well as some of the most brilliant minds on the planet.
I'm great friends with someone on Good Morning America and helped him with a story that earned him an Emmy.
Woody Harrelson bought me drinks on a flight to Sacramento, funny guy.
I've met several Miss USA's and other pageant types.
I used to work as a Concierge for a private jet company and met:
Oprah, Offspring (band), Tommy Lee Jones (ass-hat), more NFL & NBA players than I can count, Christopher Reeve, a very well known tele-evangelist who always flew with his mistres and many others.

My Dad works at NASA and is a pretty big deal. I've had people shake MY hand like I was a celebrity because of being related to him. Through him, I've met dozens of astronauts, political people (congressmen, senators and 2 former Presidents) as well as some of the most brilliant minds on the planet.
I'm great friends with someone on Good Morning America and helped him with a story that earned him an Emmy.
Woody Harrelson bought me drinks on a flight to Sacramento, funny guy.
I've met several Miss USA's and other pageant types.
I used to work as a Concierge for a private jet company and met:
Oprah, Offspring (band), Tommy Lee Jones (ass-hat), more NFL & NBA players than I can count, Christopher Reeve, a very well known tele-evangelist who always flew with his mistres and many others.

Cool.

F, no age given.

I was introduced to lit by a guy I was "dating". We began writing threads together and I was always jealous of his other writing partners that he wrote with more than me. He and I don't see each other anymore, but still write threads together. Now I have several lit boyfriends and several threads and am doing the same thing to him; I haven't posted on our thread but have done so on my others. I can't help but think "haha, how's it feel?"

Spudicus - That really blows, so sorry. As a stepping stone to get back into the single world, I'd encourage you to exchange witty banter and PM's with women here on Lit that you find interesting. I think that in general, people are mostly friendly here on Lit, and it could be a nice way to start rebuilding your sense of confidence with the opposite sex. Good luck!

Thanks Neruda

I just spent over an hour reading all of the previous 54 pages...

This is probably my favorite thread now, and I look forward to posting something soon. Thanks to all the anonymous contributors.

Last edited:
Female, Age undisclosed - Every day on the way home from work I drive past a house that has one of those little plastic signs in the front yard you always see during election years. This one is urging people to vote to protect "traditional marriage."

I try to be a tolerant person. To a fault usually. I try to tolerate the intolerant. I'm well aware that for many people this issue is one rooted in faith, and I'm all for others practicing their religions. I consider myself Christian, though to others I use that label pretty loosely.

That being said, this sign makes me angry every day. It makes me want to commit acts of petty vandalism. I daydream about all sorts of awful things to do to this house. I know it wouldn't further my side of this issue, and it would do nothing to sway these people to tolerance. It would likely do the opposite.

My secret? I'm a hypocrite. And maybe a little bit of a coward.

23,F -- I'm afraid of how my family will react if/when I tell them than I'm bi, and dated my best friend for 4 years before she moved across the country for college.

Female, 37.
While we're on the subject of churches, I work for one & have had sex a number of times in various places in the building, both with my husband & my ex. When I'm at work it gives me a thrill when I do work stuff in places I've orgasmed!

Back