The Birth of Horny Town U.S.A.

Why a Bible College ? I think that's a non-essential item.
If you really want to put temptation in the way of the Religious, how about a "Retreat" place, where those of a religious persuasion may have a peaceful and tranquil rest. It can be called the "College Retreat".

On the subject of size, I live in what's rapidly becoming a "dormitory" village of some 10,000 folks, with three schools, an Agricultural College, lots of pubs and a Main Street full of shops.

Add what you call a diner and you've got it all !

Wow! So many ideas! Give me a couple of days to get them all on paper {so to speak}.

So, a "downtown" area with shops and things. An industrial zone of some sort. A small university as well as a bible college. An apartment complex. At least one park. A couple of neighborhoods. A drive-in. A cemetery and a church/temple or two. A roadhouse outside of town. A trailer park.

Anything else?

Gee, aren't you glad you volunteered? I did thank you and tell you that you were the greatest didn't I? :rose:

Actually, I think one regular college will be fine. We can have a parochial school for frisky biblical shenanigans amongst the faculty if we want.

Just to be safe: Thanks Glynndah! You are the greatest!! :heart:

I think it is more like a small college instead of a bible college -- although there might be a seminary attached to the college if it was a small catholic/jesuit university. I think people are somehat inclined to the idea of formerly separate gender-segregated schools merging; which would mean a college with essentially two campuses.

There would be more than the minimal layout that has been specifically discussed -- you might spend some time with google maps exploring samll college towns like Pullman, Washington, or Moscow Idaho which are the right size to model Hornytown's availble commerce and entertainment from.

One thing that hasn't been specifically mentioned is a waterfront or riverwalk, which would be implied by JL's suggestion of a bigger town possibly being "across the river."

Actually, I went to high school in a college town which has a number of similarities to the one we're building. I shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'll change the smaller college to a private one and let those here who are writing to add the details. A river walk sounds like a great idea. That might be the perfect place to put our little shops and cafes and things. I have an idea or two and that fits in quite nicely.

I agree, one college is enough. For those whose fetish is hypocritical Fundies, all you need is a hardshell Baptist church, probably on the outskirts, with a self-educated 'Reveran' Saunders' who spends at least one night a week 'ministering to the soiled doves' of the local cat house, assuming there is a market for such in this rather Free Love town.

And the Mormons can be counted on to open a Bible Institute across the street from Futter College the way they do for most colleges.

No need for a Bible College.

Actually, I went to high school in a college town which has a number of similarities to the one we're building. I shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'll change the smaller college to a private one and let those here who are writing to add the details. A river walk sounds like a great idea. That might be the perfect place to put our little shops and cafes and things. I have an idea or two and that fits in quite nicely.

Oh definitely a river walk with shops, cafe's, art galleries, bait and tackle stores and a dock where you can rent a pontoon boat and sail off into warm summer evenings . . .

It's sort of an American Shangri-La where Erectile Disfunction and Female Libido Loss are unknown. Must be the water or something. :D

In my home town, there used to be a "lodge" built around a hot spring a few miles uphill from town. Up to the 1940's it was a popular place for people to "take the cure" by bathing in the hotsprings (or the huge pool built to accommodate guests who wanted to bath in a less "rustic" setting than the rocky pool of a natural hotspring.)

Perhaps Horatio 'Horny' Horner discovered the hot springs and touted them as a cure for "family problems" and "female hysteria" -- That would make the town Horner Springs? The original "industry" would have been support for the hot springs resort and possibly a bottling plant for Horner's Mineral Spring Water?

It would also account for the establishment of Fannie's Finishing school and the Horner Military Academy as a way of broadening the economic base of the community.

Today, the hot springs are the foundation of Futter College's Geothermal Studies and Ecology programs?

Last edited:
In my home town, there used to be a "lodge" built around a hot spring a few miles uphill from town. Up to the 1940's it was a popular place for people to "take the cure" by bathing in the hotsprings (or the huge pool built to accommodate guest who wanted to bath in a less "rustic" setting than the rocky pool of a natural hotspring.

Perhaps Horatio 'Horny' Horner discovered the hot springs and touted them as a cure for "family problems" and "female hysteria" -- That would make the town Horner Springs? The original "industry" would have been support for the hot springs resort and possibly a bottling plant for Horner's Mineral Spring Water?

It would also account for the establishment of Fannie's Finishing school and the Horner Military Academy as a way of broadening the economic base of the community.

Today, the hot springs are the foundation of Futter College's Geothermal Studies and Ecology programs?

I like the idea of Horner Springs. Suggestive enough without being too blatant.

I like the idea of Horner Springs. Suggestive enough without being too blatant.
And with the legacy of old Horatio touting the spring water's aphrodisiac properties an easy transition to the sobriquet "Horny Springs"

Good thinking. The water is high in "beneficial minerals" and of spectacular purity (filtered through Limestone ?).

The water was sold all over the area (region - not state), until foreign imports, production costs and finally disinterest finally saw it off except as a local stuff.

I could do what? :eek:

I just thought that you would be perfect for a tale of return, 1953 might not be current enough. Perhaps an Iraq Vet returns to his girl and has problems re adapting to civilian life. He find her and she gentles him down. Kind of?

Romantic and thoughtful, not too much sex, but ends with a shivering climax?

Just a thought about how to keep Horner Springs from being too lascivious.:)

I like the idea of the merged Girl/Military schools even if they are just at opposite ends of town, meaning the G&B's have to meet at Minerva's to hook up. Or there is a bus that goes back and forth during the day and evenings? Girl get too drunk and falls asleep on the bus, and finds herself at the Boys end of the line when she wakes up. She makes the mistake of staying there, til morning, in one of the Boys Dorms?

Watch out for too big a river, it would have made Horny Springs too much of a metropolis. Perhaps the Mayor is promoting the "River Walk" as a way to develop the town center, Kind of like Savanna did with their cotton warehouses, or like Old Town Sacrameto? Then there can be "Hard Hats with Hard...eh, bodies"? Even female Hard bodies?

Western rivers tend to be shallow and seasonal, except for the Colorado and Sacramento, which have large dams to moderate the floods.

Watch out for too big a river, it would have made Horny Springs too much of a metropolis. Perhaps the Mayor is promoting the "River Walk" as a way to develop the town center, Kind of like Savanna did with their cotton warehouses? Then there can be "Hard Hats with Hard...eh, bodies"? Even female Hard bodies?

Western rivers tend to be shallow and seasonal, except for the Colorado and Sacramento, which have large dams to moderate the floods.

True to a point. This river is fed from the bountiful Horner's Springs with a gal./min. flow you wouldn't be believe. However, if we don't want the river too large then instead of a river one can cruise on in a pontoon boat, make it a fly-fishing mecca with a river walk of fly fishing shops, guide boats, wine bars, tweedy clothiers, etc. Fly fishing could augment the college and the bottling plant to support the local economy. Snooty dry fly purists could spend evenings pontificating on patterns, feather sources, the superiority of natural bamboo vs. graphite while their bored wives take solace with guides of both persuasions.

Plus, if we put it in the mountains the dude ranch industry presents wonderful possibilities with laconic, sparkle-eyed cowboys/girls taking city guests out for 'a ride'.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I do like Horner Springs. :)
Such a nice, wholesome place to grow up. :p

That name is gonna make my sign too long though..
Guess I'll just have to have it say, 'The Best Little Hair-house, Ever.' LOL. :)

I can't wait for Kitty to start getting all the gossip! She's gonna need to know who is good in bed and who isn't.. and she might just have some opinions of her own. ;)

(I really wish Ty would stop hitting on Bob Krackel.. he just doesn't understand he isn't gonna be able to convert him, metrosexual or not.. :p)

Does Kitty have a sympathetic ear? Poor professor Von Huhnhof looks like a recruiting poster for the SS, complete with accent and scars on the cheeks but he's an anthropologist with a passion for American Indian Studies. He likes ladies of color but they take one look at him and run. And any blond he meets thinks he's into BDSM and all he wants is cuddly romance. Admittedly, it would probably help if he lost the monocle . . .

Horner Springs!

beautiful!

Let there be a swimming hole, a 'la the one in "Crybaby" if anyone remembers that-- with an offkey couple running it just this side of illegal.

One thing that can help with continuity, is to keep the era ambiguous. A soldier comes home from the war, but which war? Could be Vietnam, could the the Gulf, could be something else. We never know exactly. The story is about him trying to fit in at home again, anyway, right?

Election year was hard on friendships-- election years always are. The mayor is corrupt, businesses are failing-- or booming-- depending on who you talk to. Modern buildings are modern-- whatever that means.

Every imaginary town should have a college or university nearby.

Brilliant and dotty professors, nubile students of both sexes, an autocractic president, sycophantic staff, deranged groundkeepers, libidinous coaches of both sexes...the whole town turns out for football games in the fall...sororities and fraternities...town vs. gown conflicts...theres a heap of stories right there.

Some townsfolk have kids attending Applebower College of Arts and Sciences, others have kids that visit the dorms regularly. ;)

I'd consider adding a nutty professor and his bizarre experiments with student volunteers to the mix for starters.

A small college is a great idea. Students work the menial jobs in town for pocket money, and are a source of young flesh for the members of the town's population.

But students need a place for recreation. A place by the lake offers all sorts of activities, such as boating, swimming, dancing, beer drinking, and sex in the bushes, parked cars, and the number of modest hot-sheet cabins available. There is also a parking area available for campers, since "The Lake Place" caters to the townsfolk and students alike, it is a good place for so inclined townsfolk to hook up with horny students. The lake place offers a large restaurant-bar, a widely varied menu, a live band and a large dance floor. Townsfolk invite students to their homes where they try seducing them. Since the Lake Place is outside the jurisdiction of the town's police force, off duty cops from town are hired to preserve order, breaking up fights, etc.

Mayor Margoles or Mayor Townsend ?
(both independent. We need no real politics here)

Who runs the local Newspaper ? Mr Jensen ?

Does this 'burgh have modern communications, such as the Internet, Mobile phones and (even) computers ?

A small college is a great idea. Students work the menial jobs in town for pocket money, and are a source of young flesh for the members of the town's population.

But students need a place for recreation. A place by the lake offers all sorts of activities, such as boating, swimming, dancing, beer drinking, and sex in the bushes, parked cars, and the number of modest hot-sheet cabins available. There is also a parking area available for campers, since "The Lake Place" caters to the townsfolk and students alike, it is a good place for so inclined townsfolk to hook up with horny students. The lake place offers a large restaurant-bar, a widely varied menu, a live band and a large dance floor. Townsfolk invite students to their homes where they try seducing them. Since the Lake Place is outside the jurisdiction of the town's police force, off duty cops from town are hired to preserve order, breaking up fights, etc.
What I said, only you said it better.:rose:

I like it. The Springs flow into the lake and then down into the river. That way you get everything. Of course, given how cold spring fed lakes are, only the hardiest would swim. Others would find the grassy banks perfect for sunning, flirting, showing off their bodies, etc. Great!

Does this 'burgh have modern communications, such as the Internet, Mobile phones and (even) computers ?

It's the inter-Mountain West. Internet connections are via modem or satellite 'cause cable hasn't gotten there, yet. Mobile phones work but are limited to the town itself. However the town does have WiFi so Skype will take you around the world. Modern, yes, but with limits.

Yes, because Darren and Tiff text each other.

Does Kitty have a sympathetic ear?

She does. And her impressive cleavage is a sympathetic pillow. ;)

Stella!! I :heart: 'CryBaby'!!
Until I bought the DVD I didn't even know there was a swimming hole. That part had never been in a version I'd seen. Odd. :) [/hi-jack] :p

Ya know, I'm pretty sure Darren might've sent Kitty a picture of his.. unmentionables one day.. she didn't show the whole shop, just the lady in her chair, who happened to be Lin Fu... maybe that's what made her decide she had to have him?? ;)

Speaking of lodges, every town has a fraternal order of something or other lodge or hall...this burg would have The Fraternal Order of Beavers (FOB) and the Ladies auxiluary is the Beaverettes. Could make for some interesting lodge meetings...and initiation rites a la the Masons...only involving outrageous sex practices. ;)

One Doctor's surgery or two?.
You'd need a total of about 15 MDs to handle 10-20K

The local Hospital is a FREE one (from a Fund set up by the original bottlers of the Water).

There's convalescent home as well.

Back