a Bad Bet (closed)

Anna slithered into her work clothes. She wore her white button down shirt, and her short black skirt. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and put on a fresh coat of lipstick.

"I have to go. I will see you soon." She kissed him on the cheek and rushed out the door

She hurried to the bar. It was crowded and her father was hosting a backroom poker game. She served drinks to those customers. The men were very serious. It was a high dollar game. Her father's hand clamped on her arm.

"Why have you been hiding out? You have had me worried about my girl."

Anna told her father she had been studying.

"She thinks she is too good for us... this college girl and her uppity ways." Her father snarled.
 
“Ok, but he better not lay a hand on you or I’ll break his arms.” He told her softly before she went out.

Pat left right after they did and drove to the Bar and positioned himself where he could see everything. He was very tempted to go punch her father when he saw the way he grab her arm, but held off his rage. This was not the place to confront him, not with all his goons there.

He couldn’t hear what he was saying, but knowing the man that he was, he was sure he was lying to her.
 
Anna kept the drinks refilled and tried to stay out of her father's way. He was having one bad hand after another.

"Damn it to hell." He threw his cards down. "Anna, go get me some money out of the register.

Anna went to the register and counted out $250. She laid the money beside him.

"Where is the rest of it?" He grabbed Anna again. This time he stood and twisted her arm behind her back. "Little thief." He put his hand in her pocket and found the $200 Pat had given her.

"That money is mine. I didn't take it. Dad, I know better than to steal from you."

Her father didn't let go. "You are just like your mother. You haven't worked here in days. Where did you get this money?"

Anna wasn't sure what to say. She couldn't tell her father that Pat had given her the money.

"I didn't steal it, I swear."
 
Pat was fuming after witnessing the whole thing between father and daughter, and made his mind up to face him after the Bar was closed. This would have to stop now before he really hurt her, and walked over to them.

“Excuse me,” he said showing his shield. “Is this man threading you miss? You can press changes if you want and I’ll be your witness. I saw the hole thing from where I was sitting, and you sir let go of her arm, or I will take you in right now and change you for assaulting a young woman in your employ without cause.” He told him without looking at Anna.
 
Anna's father looked at Pat with disdain.

"This little bitch is my daughter, and she stole money from me. I just want it back. And she isn't gonna' press charges." He let go of Anna and pushed her away from him.

"I don't want to press charges." Anna murmurred, not looking up at Pat. "But I didn't steal any money. I wouldn't do that."
 
“You watch you mouth mister or I will take you in right now, and more over I don’t care if she is your daughter.” He told him before he turned to her.

“OK Miss, I can’t force you to press changes, but you’re making a mistake.” he said to her.

As for you Mister. You are a very poor excuse for a man and a worst one as a father. I will file this with the department in case you touch her again and if I get wind of it, and I see her with any bruises, You’ll see me again so you better watch your step from now on.
 
Anna rushed out of the bar, only stopping to grab her purse.

"I have to go." Anna stammered. She did her best to not cry as she made her way back to her apartment.

She knew her father was going to be furious with her.
 
Pat went back to Anna’s place to make sure she didn’t came back with more bruises. He wouldn’t put it past that moron father of hers that he wouldn't hit her.

Maybe confronting him at the time saved her some beating, or maybe not, the man was to much of a coward to hit someone that would hit back, never mind his own daughter.

“I guess time will tell he told himself.”
 
Anna had gone straight home. She had shed her uniform and was wearing a pair of soft cotton pajamas. She had been crying, but she was relieved when she saw Pat.

"I can't go back there again."
 
Sorry for getting stuck with a moron for a father Anna, but I could've told her that earlier. He told her while thinking that it was time she moved in with him.

This time doesn't much choice Anna, you'll have to move in with me a Matt my son. You can be his older sister. My place is southwest of the school walking distance to the school." He told her.
 
Anna nodded as he informed her that she had to go to his place.

She got down a suitcase and began packing her things. She didn't have much that she needed to keep. Her schoolbooks were already packed up.

Pat carried her suitcase to his car and she got in the passenger seat beside him.
 
"I hope you know that it's the best thing all around with you moving with me and Matt. To everyone you are Matt older sister and now you don't need to work. You can sleep with me or have a bedroom on your own, and you can concentrate on school. You may even be able to help Matt if he needs help, though he is a very good student." He told her as he drove to his new house.

"We can talk more about this once we are all settled in the house.
 
Anna nodded. She knew Pat would keep her safe. His place wasn't far away. She watched the neighborhoods roll by outside of the window.

Pat pulled into his driveway and then opened her car door.

He put his hand in the small of her back and guided her into the house.

The house was cozy and well kept.

"I think maybe I should stay in the guestroom. Your son might like that better...that way I won't be in his mom's space."
 
Your choice were you want to sleep Anna, and you souldn'tthink that way about Matt. he already knows about us, and his mother never lived in this house. I sold that house while she was in the hospital, so you are not sleeoping in her space.
 
Anna took his hand and let him lead her to his room. She took off her clothes and slipped into his bed. She snuggled into the bed looking so sweet and vulnerable, all of her tough girl persona gone.
 
Pat was pleased that Anna opted to sleep in his bed and took her upstairs. He watched her take all her clothes off then slipped into bed. He tucked her in and told her to go Got to sleep. "I'll be back after checking on Matt," and he kissed her cheek softly.

Matt was already asleep and he went back to his room and stripps put of his clothes, and got in his bed next to her. A moment later he felt Anna cuddle tightly against him.
 
Anna nestled against his chest and sighed softly. Her dark hair framing her face. She looked peaceful and relaxed.

She sighed deeply and snuggled tightly.

"This place feels very cozy and like home."
 
Pat put his arm around her after she nestled against his chest then placed a soft kiss on her cheek, and he smiled she she moved in even tighter. He squeezing her gently before he said. "Night baby."
 
All through the night Anna snuggled tight against Pat. She slept soundly and sweetly. Her breasts pressed to his back. Her leg hooked around his. She murmurred softly a few times during the night, but she didn't awaken.

It was the first time in a long time that she felt safe, protected and loved.
 
Pat was a light sleeper and Anna kept waking him up trying to get even closer. he wasn't sure if that was the way she slept. At one point she wrapped herself around him, but she never opened her eyes when he looked to her.

By morning he had a hard on they way she wrapped her leg around him. He managed to get free from her and got up to prepare breakfast for all three of them.
 
Anna awakened with a smile on her face.

"Good morning," She whispered. She brushed kisses against his warm shoulders.

"Would you like breakfast? I don't mind cooking, I like to be in the kitchen."
 
Pat never heard her till she whispered Good morning,then he felt her lips on his shoulders.

"Good morning darling, did you sleep well? I've already started making breakfast, but if you like to take over, I'll check on Matt to make sure he is up." He said before he kissed her.
 
Back
Top