Glass Half Full - Your Best Gift Ever

MonaLittle

Elusive
From Childhood or more recently. What was your favorite thing you've ever received?

Tell me what it was. I need some gift ideas.

A computer. But I think most people have those.

Clothes always do.
Art supplies...
musical instruments...
educational games...

A Schwinn Stingray. Coppertone.

255_1966_schwinn_stingray_22786034.jpg

Started a long-time love of bikes.

Shit I was a spoiled child... I can't pick one. I was like the fat kid from Harry Potter. I got a gameboy color in a stocking once. Not as a real present, as a goddamn stocking stuffer. I know who got the best presents tho, so that's what I took away from Christmas. Not even that they were the most expensive, but that those people actually knew and therefore loved me because the shit they got me was personalized. When my baby brother was 5 or 6 they had one of those gift fair things at his school and he got me a tiny Charizard figure. Because he knew I would like it. Little kids usually get something that they like and assume that other people want it because of infantile egocentrism. But he got people things that they wanted based on their taste. He got me that, got my brother a Star Wars figure, got my gramps a tiny football. And it was just so cute and amazing... I'd probably pick that.

Ooooh, another good one. Before you could charge things, everything ran off AA batteries. One time my grandma got me a giant sack of new AA batteries. That was fucking awesome.

A computer. But I think most people have those.

Clothes always do.
Art supplies...
musical instruments...
educational games...

You sound Creative. An art student?

A Schwinn Stingray. Coppertone.

255_1966_schwinn_stingray_22786034.jpg

Started a long-time love of bikes.

OMG! I had one in almost the same color!!! BUT, mine had a basket on the front. We used to clothespin cards to the spokes to make it sound loud..lol

OMG! I had one in almost the same color!!! BUT, mine had a basket on the front. We used to clothespin cards to the spokes to make it sound loud..lol

Jesus Christ were you people street urchins? That's like something Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz would get excited about. What year are you guys from?

No. Following traditions to do more "practical" things just hasn't stopped me from loving art. And creative stimulation for children is great. I don't know why. But I'm sure it has a lot to do with confidence and positive recreation. But they're just suggestions :rose:

lol.. Candi.

I was NOT spoiled. My favorite gift as a kid was an easy bake oven that I had asked for three years in a row until my mom finally broke down and got it for me. I Loved that thing.

Jesus Christ were you people street urchins? That's like something Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz would get excited about. What year are you guys from?

Not everyone needs fancy expensive stuff to feel fulfilled.:confused: As long as it's done with love, kid.

I'd LOVE to know what age you were when you got it. This seems to be every guys dream...starting young!

Cub Scout edition at age 9.
Got a keychain one with the nail clipper as a stocking stuffer around age 30.
Liked it so much I got the CHAMPION the next year under the tree.
I used it a lot, broke three blades over the next 20 years, and got a shiny replacement one last year when Amazon made them the "Deal of the Day".

lol.. Candi.

I was NOT spoiled. My favorite gift as a kid was an easy bake oven that I had asked for three years in a row until my mom finally broke down and got it for me. I Loved that thing.

And you should love it. I remember the easy bake oven came with prepared batter mix. My friends and I ate the whole packet out my cousin's oven lol And there was nothing to bake. :D

<snip>OMG! I had one in almost the same color!!! BUT, mine had a basket on the front. We used to clothespin cards to the spokes to make it sound loud..lol

I was six.

Unfortunately, I heard a lot of noise in the garage Christmas Eve and opened the door into it to find my parents getting it out the back of the car.

They should have simply put a bow on it an placed it under the tree instead of by the stocking.

Santa never returned.

Still, it was a great present. I loved that bike.

lol.. Candi.

No! No fuck that! I wanted one of those so bad but no one would get me one because I had a dick and was therefore incapable of cooking! Because that somehow makes fucking sense! Eventually I got one, but only after the manufacturer manned it up by making the baking molds bug shaped. Because obviously men can't cook without it being disgusting.

tumblr_m6q4tsIcQ61r5r8duo9_r1_250.gif

Those were big in the 70's. Mine was from a garage sale and I bought it with saved up birthday money. I had to pay half. It was 10 years old when I got it but it was a beauty in my eyes. Stingrays were awesome bikes. I bet half the ppl on this board had one.

I was born in the early 70's

Those were big in the 70's. Mine was from a garage sale and I bought it with saved up birthday money. I had to pay half. It was 10 years old when I got it but it was a beauty in my eyes. Stingrays were awesome bikes. I bet half the ppl on this board had one.

:eek:

I'm a 90's bitch. :cool:

Aww sorry your parents didn't love you enough to get you the Kandy Apple Red model, which all of us Kewl Kids had! ;)

:cool::cool:

I think those surfaced a few years later when they had the crate series.

Mine didn't have multiple gears or a rear slick. Yours?

I was six.

Unfortunately, I heard a lot of noise in the garage Christmas Eve and opened the door into it to find my parents getting it out the back of the car.

They should have simply put a bow on it an placed it under the tree instead of by the stocking.

Santa never returned.

Still, it was a great present. I loved that bike.

It was a cool gift. Especially to a 6 year old.

I don't remember when I first found out about Santa. Ppl talk about it a lot and it amazes me that anyone can remember when the big secret was revealed to them. I must have found out early. Probably one of my older brothers or sisters blabbed it to me.

I never really had a bike I gave a shit about. There was really nowhere to ride one. So one day I was like, "Wait, I'm a child. I should have a bike." So I went to my gramps and told him asmuch and he was like, "You don't really want one. If you wanted one you'd have one!" So I was all, "Yeah I do! I totally do!" And I threw a bitch fit so he took me and got me a bike. He was right. I didn't want it. But I had thrown a bitch fit so I had to pretend it was fun. But he lived in the mountains and there was literally nowhere to ride it. I tried to ride it anyway (It was a mountain bike after all). I almost instantly rode it off a cliff into the creek and cut the fuck out of my leg. He just watched me. And as he was driving me to the hospital he was all, "What did we learn?" And that's the story of why I'm an adult who can't really ride a bike that well.

Edit: When I say, "cut my leg" I feel like I should clarify that. I ripped it open from knee to top of my foot and had to have skingraphs. Because I just rode it off a cliff. Like a dumbass. My gramps said I did it as if that was what I meant to do, with a stupid smile on my face.

Last edited:
I think those surfaced a few years later when they had the crate series.

Mine didn't have multiple gears or a rear slick. Yours?

*Ahem* you're referring to the KRATE series, not "crate"!! ;)

Yep, I got a five speed. Had to wait an entire fucking year after the rest of my friends, because my mom was so sure I'd panic on a geared bike and try to use a (Non-existent) coaster brake and crash. Moms can be so silly at times.

edited to add: Those handlebars look different from what I remember. Are they aftermarket?

Yep, I got a five speed. Had to wait an entire fucking year after the rest of my friends, because my mom was so sure I'd panic on a geared bike and try to use a (Non-existent) coaster brake and crash. Moms can be so silly at times.

edited to add: Those handlebars look different from what I remember. Are they aftermarket?

...Goddamn our parents have different parenting styles.

"You can't have that, you might get hurt!"

"Did y'hall see that dumbass fall off a cliff? That was funny as shit! Bet he won't do it again!"

LMAO... Nice visual.

Back