9mm v/s .40 v/s .45

Yep. I practice on golf balls.

Excellent choice, just about the right size. Ping pong balls are also fun, and easier to glue onto a silhouette target. Both fit the classic "don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes" profile. 8)

Fascinating read.

Pretty compelling.

I think I am sold. I might even extrapolate that and say that the WaltherPPK in .32 is probably adequate, and I like that gun a lot. Ammo is harder to come by.

i almost bought a ppk in .32 acp ages ago, but the dude who ran that gun shop was a total prick. he actually yelled me when i asked if payments were possible. a simple no would've sufficed and i would've just waited a month to come back, but nope. dude had to be a dick. i've since learned that being a cock is a fairly common problem in the gun shop world. kinda sad, really.

i almost bought a ppk in .32 acp ages ago, but the dude who ran that gun shop was a total prick. he actually yelled me when i asked if payments were possible. a simple no would've sufficed and i would've just waited a month to come back, but nope. dude had to be a dick. i've since learned that being a cock is a fairly common problem in the gun shop world. kinda sad, really.

I am out in the country where there are dozens of FFL's working out of a closet. I was in a backyard shed the other day that looked like the production floor at an ammo manufacturer.

The actual gun-shop, gun-shop guy I go to and his staff are unbelievably patient and knowledgeable. They'll hold a gun, pawn a gun, lay-away a gun, buy back a gun and let you buy something else. Truly remarkable.

I haven't tried but I bet if I left a sizable deposit and promised not to get caught using it in a crime they would loan me a gun.

There is another place that is a touristy knick-knack junk shop with cowboy stuff and room by room of what are really the owners collections. Oh and by the way, yeah through that door is the guns. I have no idea if he even sells any its like a museum and no one seems to know it is there. Lots of antique guns to modern. He's got a friggin Mac-10 on the wall!

Originally Posted by bronzeage View Post
Why the fuck would you want to kill someone in the Pacific Northwest?

Or live there, for that matter.

Taken together, analysis says the person you would want to kill in the Pacific Northwest would be yourself.

9mm is less expensive than the others....that said. I carry 9mm sub compact with Horneday critical defense ammunition. knowing full-jacket, you'll be popping off rounds for stoppage.

Then i said to my self...I want an H&K .40 and .45 tac. those two cannons, unlike the 9mm will stop you right there. If I hit a limb. I'll take it off and spin you to the ground...that's called connect-energy. This is the biggest difference from 9MM to .40 & .45 cal. It ain't the speed, it's the impact.

9mm is less expensive than the others....that said. I carry 9mm sub compact with Horneday critical defense ammunition. knowing full-jacket, you'll be popping off rounds for stoppage.

Then i said to my self...I want an H&K .40 and .45 tac. those two cannons, unlike the 9mm will stop you right there. If I hit a limb. I'll take it off and spin you to the ground...that's called connect-energy. This is the biggest difference from 9MM to .40 & .45 cal. It ain't the speed, it's the impact.

Why is it that the people who can't shoot accurately always want a bigger gun?

If you can't place a bullet on target, go to a shotgun. A bigger bullet won't help you.

" If I hit a limb."

That is a HUGE if. Don't want to risk your life on an IF. Bad plan.

It is really interesting (or maybe NOT so interesting) to read all the varied responses on this thread... many IDIOTS, and a FEW intelligent statements. As the old saying goes... "If the shoe fits, wear it..." I'm sure most will know which side of the fence they lie on :rolleyes:

It is really interesting (or maybe NOT so interesting) to read all the varied responses on this thread... many IDIOTS, and a FEW intelligent statements. As the old saying goes... "If the shoe fits, wear it..." I'm sure most will know which side of the fence they lie on :rolleyes:

Are you sure? *laffin*

Why can't they just tell the truth?

The vast majority of gunfights take place between 7-10 yards. At those ranges all of those you mention will perform. I think bigger is better, providing you have good shot placement. I like the .45ACP, but then I'm a bit prejudiced having trained with it and carried it. It may be noteworthy that the Army is studying a return to the .45ACP and dumping the current M9. Some SpecOps units have already done so.

Some spec ops units never got away from it. The .45 ACP is a fine self defense - close combat round. In P++, one of the very best. that being said, the first rule of a gun fight is bring a gun. Second rule is make sure you hit what you're aiming at.

Not many people are going to walk around with something the size of an M1911 stuck in their pocket. As much as I love the M1911, I damn sure ain't gunna.

I have three carry pistols. One Bersa .40, one AMT .38 super Backup and a nice little vest pocket Diamondback pistol in .32 NAA. I'm comfortable with any of the three.

One of the rules down the list is that no matter how big a gun you got, someone, some where is going to have a bigger one. As long as I have something to fight back with, no matter the size, I'll be happy.

Ok, let me be totally honest, actually every time I pull it out, it makes my cock grow 10". It's nice sometimes to walk around with a 12" cock. Aw yes.......The quintessential penis extension.

Comshaw

Fascinating read.

Pretty compelling.

I think I am sold. I might even extrapolate that and say that the WaltherPPK in .32 is probably adequate, and I like that gun a lot. Ammo is harder to come by.

Bond. James Bond.

It ain't the speed, it's the impact.

I was going to leave this alone, but it just eats at the nerd in me.

ENERGY = MASS x (VELOCITY SQUARED) / 2

That means if you double the mass, you double the energy. But if you double the speed, you get four times the energy. Triple the speed, nine times.

Speed kills.

Also I would note from experience that about the only way you get a .45 round into a car is to open the door for it. 9mm has superior performance in that instance also.

A .22 you've got with you is better than a .357, or a .45, you left at home.

Saying that, I really like my Ruger LC9. Full 9mm Parabellum, but small enough to be unnoticed in a pocket. Lousy trigger, but you can get used to it.

Back