White deaths outnumber births for first time

toubab

Literotica Guru
This article is from last year, but for some reason I just now learned of it, and I wonder what others think of the fact more white people in the US are dying than are being born. The possible ramifications, political and otherwise, are many, of course.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b1017c-d388-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

"More white people died in the United States last year than were born, a surprising slump coming more than a decade before the Census Bureau says that the ranks of white Americans will likely drop with every passing year.

Population estimates for 2012 released Thursday show what’s known as a natural decrease — a straightforward calculation of births minus deaths — of about 12,400 people among the nation’s 198 million non-Hispanic whites.

Although the percentage is small, several demographers said they are not aware of another time in U.S. history — not even during the Depression or wars — when there was such shrinkage among the dominant racial group. No other group showed a similar falloff."

Well, keep in mind that an interracial birth would not be counted as a new "white" birth but a white person still has a child, a set of white grandparents has a grand child.

Part of this is melding. Part of it is low birthrates amongs whites. Part of it is we have had lower than historic birthrates for 40 years and the population bulge that was the boomers is now dying off.

Well, keep in mind that an interracial birth would not be counted as a new "white" birth but a white person still has a child, a set of white grandparents has a grand child.

Part of this is melding. Part of it is low birthrates amongs whites. Part of it is we have had lower than historic birthrates for 40 years and the population bulge that was the boomers is now dying off.

I suppose there will continue to be more and more interracial births between whites and other races in the US, but it seems those offspring will more likely identify with their non-white parentage, either by choice or for other reasons, such as societal, etc. I'm wondering what the ramifications of that will be.

Whites do have a low birthrate, not only in the US, but worldwide. Unless all Caucasians are considered white, such as Indians, of course. And even their birthrate is going down.

I'm no longer posting on the general board. Testing the waters here.

You will find a much better class of people on this sub-fora.

The problem is people with good sense of social decorum and not disposed favorably towards conflict are usually smart enough to avoid anything that smacks of religion, sex or politics. Fortunately they make an exception for sex around here. Kinda clinical though. Not a good place for those looking for wank fodder.

Picture a dinner party with smart people well aware of each others defined differences in backgrounds and world views. Topics that sort of gathering would shy away from sort of falter here.

There are a handful of people from the GB, a handful of people here, a handful of people from BDSM and almost none from Fet except the genteel moderator that I wish I could have over for dinner. Failing that, I'd like to be a peeper at their dinner parties.

For entertainment I would invite a handful of entertainers form ampics.

You will find a much better class of people on this sub-fora.

The problem is people with good sense of social decorum and not disposed favorably towards conflict are usually smart enough to avoid anything that smacks of religion, sex or politics. Fortunately they make an exception for sex around here. Kinda clinical though. Not a good place for those looking for wank fodder.

Picture a dinner party with smart people well aware of each others defined differences in backgrounds and world views. Topics that sort of gathering would shy away from sort of falter here.

There are a handful of people from the GB, a handful of people here, a handful of people from BDSM and almost none from Fet except the genteel moderator that I wish I could have over for dinner. Failing that, I'd like to be a peeper at their dinner parties.

For entertainment I would invite a handful of entertainers form ampics.

Yes, I read these rules, and they seem to be good ones for intelligent, non-confrontational discourse:

"Welcome to the HT Cafe
The purpose of the "HT Cafe" is to discuss any and all issues in a friendly, pleasant environment.

Everyone is welcome to post here, in fact, the more the merrier. The rules are pretty simple:

1) Be polite. This is not the forum to flame/troll or spam. Treat people the way you want them to treat you. A little respect goes a long way.

2) Open a discussion on any topic you want, but if it starts off or ends up as a flame war, the offending posts will either be deleted or the entire thread moved into a forum that's more suitable.

3) If you don't like the guidelines, feel free to post in the numerous other forums available.

Enjoy your stay!
"

Threads here don't tend to end up in flame wars..they just die out if conflict arises.

Like anyplace else, there are some longstanding personality conflicts, but compared to the GB, pretty good restraint is exercised.

Threads here don't tend to end up in flame wars..they just die out if conflict arises.

Like anyplace else, there are some longstanding personality conflicts, but compared to the GB, pretty good restraint is exercised.

It became clear to me, over time, that a substantial percentage of posters on the GB, perhaps even the majority, enjoy flinging feces at each other. Perhaps that's why the GB is so popular, actually. To each his or her own.

This article is from last year, but for some reason I just now learned of it, and I wonder what others think of the fact more white people in the US are dying than are being born. The possible ramifications, political and otherwise, are many, of course.

1 - Who the F cares
2 - "White people"? Do those actually exist?
3 - Who the F cares

Statistics can be twisted to convey whatever the financier chooses, so don't put much faith in what you read. As was pointed out, we live in a society that is ever changing, mixing, so what is "white", is it the progeny of a white mother and a white father? What if only one parent is white? What if one of those "white" parents has some other ethnic mixing within their blood, is that child still white?

I once had a conversation with a woman that was pissed off that the national census didn't have a little box for her to check to indicate the ethnicity of her grand kids. She went on to state that the kids were mulato . . . whatever the F that means, and seriously, who the F cares?!?!? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the HT!

This thread reminds me of a scene I love from the movie Bullworth. In it, Warren Beatty's character is being interviewed and he says it's time to eliminate white people. He goes on to clarify it's time to eliminate black people, brown people, yellow people, too. He closes the interview with this:

Bulworth:
Everybody just got to keep fucking everybody till we’re all the same color.

This pops in my head from time to time. I'm not sure it's actually relevant to the thread, but seemed like a decent place to share. :)

You're such an instigator! :eek::rolleyes:;):D:kiss:

Toubab? The GB climbed up your ass because you talk nonsense and cant defend any of it. I mean, how rough can GB be when Laurel hangs out there a lot. And she calls a spade a spade. HT is your kind of place, nice people roost here, talk shit theyre clueless of, and no one ever embarrasses anyone with the facts. I prefer the GB tv wrestler style mayhem.

FWIW a mulatto is half black half white. A mestizo is half indian half white. The sub-categories are many. And it matters cuz every human chooses sides to play for. I rudely reminded my grand daughter that 3/4ths of her racial legacy is elite white, and none of the black part was ever slave. She is a distant cousin of Franklin Roosevelt, Richard Nixon, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, 4 Mayflower Pilgrims, and George Bush. So spare me the nigger bull shit and drama. She has no more sense of the ghetto than she does of the White House.

I expect America to look like most of the Mediterranean peoples once the negroes and Hispanics are absorbed.

I was half-expecting a Stormfront.org link in the OP.

1 - Who the F cares
2 - "White people"? Do those actually exist?
3 - Who the F cares

Statistics can be twisted to convey whatever the financier chooses, so don't put much faith in what you read. As was pointed out, we live in a society that is ever changing, mixing, so what is "white", is it the progeny of a white mother and a white father? What if only one parent is white? What if one of those "white" parents has some other ethnic mixing within their blood, is that child still white?

I once had a conversation with a woman that was pissed off that the national census didn't have a little box for her to check to indicate the ethnicity of her grand kids. She went on to state that the kids were mulato . . . whatever the F that means, and seriously, who the F cares?!?!? :rolleyes:

Obviously the federal government cares. Intensely.

Welcome to the HT!

This thread reminds me of a scene I love from the movie Bullworth. In it, Warren Beatty's character is being interviewed and he says it's time to eliminate white people. He goes on to clarify it's time to eliminate black people, brown people, yellow people, too. He closes the interview with this:

Bulworth:
Everybody just got to keep fucking everybody till we’re all the same color.

This pops in my head from time to time. I'm not sure it's actually relevant to the thread, but seemed like a decent place to share. :)

Thank you for the welcome. And I think your comment is relevant to the thread. Very relevant.

Toubab? The GB climbed up your ass because you talk nonsense and cant defend any of it. I mean, how rough can GB be when Laurel hangs out there a lot. And she calls a spade a spade. HT is your kind of place, nice people roost here, talk shit theyre clueless of, and no one ever embarrasses anyone with the facts. I prefer the GB tv wrestler style mayhem.

FWIW a mulatto is half black half white. A mestizo is half indian half white. The sub-categories are many. And it matters cuz every human chooses sides to play for. I rudely reminded my grand daughter that 3/4ths of her racial legacy is elite white, and none of the black part was ever slave. She is a distant cousin of Franklin Roosevelt, Richard Nixon, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, 4 Mayflower Pilgrims, and George Bush. So spare me the nigger bull shit and drama. She has no more sense of the ghetto than she does of the White House.

I expect America to look like most of the Mediterranean peoples once the negroes and Hispanics are absorbed.

Why don't you give me an example of this "nonsense" I talk?

Although the percentage is small, several demographers said they are not aware of another time in U.S. history — not even during the Depression or wars — when there was such shrinkage among the dominant racial group. No other group showed a similar falloff."

Several demographers are pretty ignorant then.

Assuming "U.S. History" starts with the European Invasion, the shrinkage of the dominant racial goup was acknowledged to be more than 90% and was probably a whole lot more than that.

Of course those people don't count, because obviously God hated them.

Assuming "U.S. History" starts with the European Invasion, the shrinkage of the dominant racial goup was acknowledged to be more than 90% and was probably a whole lot more than that.

The US did not exist in 1492, if that's what you're referencing.

Before the Pilgrims there was no Indian nation upon North America. My Cherokee ancestors came to Florida to join the US Army fighting the wimp dog Seminoles.

Back