Glass Half Full - Your Best Gift Ever

My mom took this old wine box she had from a local winery where I grew up, lined it on the inside. Then hand carved with her dremel tools chess and checker pieces. The inside of the lid would slide out and be turned over and she painted the squares on the back. All the pieces are tucked inside the box and the lid replaced. This gift means the world to me. I love handmade, especially for me, presents.
 
Best ever was from my ex-MIL.
She gave me a book about how to be a better wife to her son, written by some woman who practises subservience.
Made me realise I needed to get out of the relationship asap, and my life improved dramatcally!

Was also the worst gift ever :rolleyes:
 
Two years ago, for my birthday, eagleyez gave me fireworks. He brought me out on our front porch and there were fireworks. That was pretty damn awesome.
 
I'm still waiting for that fucking Lite Brite I asked for every year but never got. :mad:
 
It was a cool gift. Especially to a 6 year old.


I don't remember when I first found out about Santa. Ppl talk about it a lot and it amazes me that anyone can remember when the big secret was revealed to them. I must have found out early. Probably one of my older brothers or sisters blabbed it to me.

I'm going to guess 2nd grade for me. So 1963, just after JFK died.
 
Oh I Loved light bright. I had one. I also loved the game Mouse Trap, which they still make. Some toys/games are classic.
 
Two years ago, for my birthday, eagleyez gave me fireworks. He brought me out on our front porch and there were fireworks. That was pretty damn awesome.

Very cool! Love it!
 
A " Tote-A-Tune" keyboard.
It was like having a synthesizer ( to me at least) and I still mess around with keyboards and tape recorders making horrible music to amuse myself.
 

Attachments

  • tote.JPG
    tote.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
My younger brother conned my parents into celebrating his half-birthday. With a cake, presents, the whole enchilada. Every year! Since I hadn't come up with the idea, my half-birthday was ignored. When Mr Mischka and I started dating, I told him about my brother's double-birthday, and when my half-birthday came up several months later, he gave me three wonderful presents: (a) a beautiful black leather watch with an oversized world map in pale metallic shades on its face; (b) a night of dancing at a surreal little club [he abhors dancing, I adore it]; and he accompanied me to the animal shelter to find my very first cat, the sleek, black-coated, amber-eyed Mischka.
 
Mine has to be a beautiful dapple grey quarter horse that I was riding at the stables whenever he was available. He would turn on a dime from a full gallop and jump over fence posts with the slightest encouragement. I was so happy I could cry now just thinking about him.
 
I'm still waiting for that fucking Lite Brite I asked for every year but never got. :mad:

It looks like you're wearing the Light Bright in your AV, maybe it needs a new set of batteries or something.
Where's the on/off switch, on the right or left side?
 
A few years ago, maybe 5, I came home from work on my birthday and the Bean asked me if I had to go to the bathroom. I told her no and she asked if I was sure. I figured something was up and went to my bathroom and found it decorated with tons of Dallas Cowboys stuff from shower curtains to stickers all over the walls and toilet seat They're still there. the best part though was the toilet paper holder which had an audio component. She had recorder Jimmy Johnson saying "How 'bout them Cowboys?" and the Monday Night Football theme.

Is there any question as to why I married her?
 
Back
Top