Beta readers wanted for a GM story [WIP]

Joined
Apr 3, 2017
Posts
951
Hi folks,

I'm looking for potential beta readers for something I'm writing at the moment. It'll be a long one (by my standards - not by Chloe's) - 5-6 Lit pages when it's done (around 20K as an estimate), and covers off elements of:

  • gay male sex slavery
  • humiliation
  • non-con d/s
  • defiant captive(s)
  • romance
  • sci-fi (just)
  • first time
  • coming out
  • authoritarian
  • drama
  • BDSM (light touch)

I'm looking for beta readers to give feedback on story construction, voice, pace, logic, and emotional content (does everything pay off, are all the planted objects used, does the mythology make sense in context, do we care about the characters, is the premise compelling) who preferably enjoy this kind of story, since if they don't, they're going to struggle to get anything out of it. I also want to make sure the sex is hot. So. There is that.

It's inspired by a wide variety of writing on this site and others that I enjoy, so I'm not pretending it's terribly original, although I'm obviously angling to make it my own with the characters and the setup.

The premise:

In a near/alternate future, a nineteen year old (virgin) checks himself into a private mental health facility in order to 'cure' himself of his homosexual leanings, which go against his upbringing. While there, he meets and falls in love with another boy, who his doctor tries to convince him is a hallucination, but who claims to be a clone, designed as a prototype, whose successors will be sold as sex slaves to private buyers.

The protagonist must figure out who's telling the truth and where his loyalties lie, and decide if he's willing to risk his life to secure the freedom of another person who legally doesn't exist. With additional plot twists to ramp up the stakes.

My personal challenge with this one is to write characters people care about, and can in some way relate to.

Although it's not finished, if anyone would be interested in taking a look at the 17K WIP (it's not edited, so it does have typos, but I do my editing at the end - it's tidy enough to read), please PM me.

:D Jase.
 
Any timeframe requirements?

I was thinking of submitting this to the geek anthology, but that might be unrealistic. So, over the next few days, if possible? Realistically, it's going to take me another week to finish it, at least. Unless I get a run at it this weekend where my brain fires up and starts putting out. :D
 
I wouldn't be able to get to it until next week. Like Tuesday or Wednesday.
 
Back
Top