Problems with HTML coding

gunhilltrain

Multi-unit control
On my first submission I put in my own HTML coding (simple ones) and they worked fine. The second time around I may have made some errors because I keep getting this instead of a preview:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /work/literot/old/stories/members/submissions_submit_story.php:116 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /work/literot/old/stories/members/submissions_submit_story.php on line 116

Anybody know what that means? It seems to have something to do with the title box having the same title - the title of the text with some error - put in each time? I can't find any errors with the codes that I left in. I attempted to link to another story but I dropped that because the coding for that might have been the issue.

How about submitting it yet again with a slight change in the title? I'm not uploading the file, simply copying and pasting the contents into the submission box. Also, I've restarted the computer once.

It looks server side, not client. Or possibly a browser compatibility issue- have you tried using chrome or Mozilla? I don't think html code can throw a php exception when they're in a form.

On my first submission I put in my own HTML coding (simple ones) and they worked fine. The second time around I may have made some errors because I keep getting this instead of a preview:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /work/literot/old/stories/members/submissions_submit_story.php:116 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /work/literot/old/stories/members/submissions_submit_story.php on line 116

Anybody know what that means? It seems to have something to do with the title box having the same title - the title of the text with some error - put in each time? I can't find any errors with the codes that I left in. I attempted to link to another story but I dropped that because the coding for that might have been the issue.

How about submitting it yet again with a slight change in the title? I'm not uploading the file, simply copying and pasting the contents into the submission box. Also, I've restarted the computer once.

Sounds like a server error, and not something wrong with your file/text.

One thing it might be is a stray '<' or '>' in your text. That might be causing the server script to see an HTML tag where none exists.

A PM to Manu with all of the details of the error message is in order if the problem persists.

Yes, it worked with Mozilla. Thank you.

Do I understand this correctly: this site seems to have an old and a new interface going at the same time?

Back