Landmark Report Concludes Abortion In U.S. Is Safe

schism666

cold and ugly

I'm still unsure how I feel about the subject but the male should have very little say-so in the matter. What is your take?

Abortions in the United States are safe and have few complications, according to a landmark new study by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

The report, called "The Safety and Quality of Abortion Care in the United States," examined the four major methods used for abortions — medication, aspiration, dilation and evacuation, and induction — and examined women's care from before they had the procedure through their follow-up care.

"I would say the main takeaway is that abortions that are provided in the United States are safe and effective," says Ned Calonge, the co-chair of the committee that wrote the study. He is an associate professor of family medicine and epidemiology at the University of Colorado and CEO of The Colorado Trust.

Calonge says the researchers found that about 90 percent of all abortions happen in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. And complications for all abortions are "rare," the report says.

[Please do not post copyright material without citation, and then limit your excerpts to less than 5 paragraphs, per our forum guidelines.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking it is NOT safe for the baby!

And I would take a long look at that study also...

I'm still unsure how I feel about the subject but the male should have very little say-so in the matter. What is your take?

Abortions in the United States are safe and have few complications, according to a landmark new study by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

The report, called "The Safety and Quality of Abortion Care in the United States," examined the four major methods used for abortions — medication, aspiration, dilation and evacuation, and induction — and examined women's care from before they had the procedure through their follow-up care.

"I would say the main takeaway is that abortions that are provided in the United States are safe and effective," says Ned Calonge, the co-chair of the committee that wrote the study. He is an associate professor of family medicine and epidemiology at the University of Colorado and CEO of The Colorado Trust.

Calonge says the researchers found that about 90 percent of all abortions happen in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. And complications for all abortions are "rare," the report says.

But the report did find that state laws and regulations can interfere with safe abortions.

"Abortion-specific regulations in many states create barriers to safe and effective care," the report says.

Calonge says those rules often have no basis in medical research.

I don't think there was ever any doubt.

A baby is already born. You're talking about a fetus.

Words matter.

And where in hell do YOU think Babies come from?

That's like saying the latest report has it that state excutions are safe.

I'm sure they are unless you are the one in for the CHOP!

Last edited:
Yeah, well.

I have NEVER heard ANYONE ask a woman when her Fetus was going to be born.

That's because most people couldn't pass a 6th grade biology class.

Especially in eastern Texas where things like science are nothing more than the works of the DEVIL!

Last edited:
I'm thinking it is NOT safe for the baby!

And I would take a long look at that study also...

I'm thinking women don't give a shit what you think and you should take a long look at minding your own fucking business and stop whining about the fact you can't control women.

Go back to the fifties with Pence

That's because most people couldn't pass a 6th grade biology class.

Especially in eastern Texas where things like science are nothing more than the works of the DEVIL!

Hey Listen up!

YOU leave our Devil worshipers alone.

They have enough problems.

I'm thinking women don't give a shit what you think and you should take a long look at minding your own fucking business and stop whining about the fact you can't control women.

Go back to the fifties with Pence

LOL!
Not fucking Likely!:)

I was born in the fifties and watched all this modern day insanity get good and cranked up.

I don't give two shits about controlling women.
The trouble is I can't figure out what the difference is between aborting a healthy "Fetus" :rolleyes: and walking up to a healthy newborn and cutting the poor kid up into small pieces. So don't expect me to ever change my mind.

To me, Murder is Murder at least have the tits to admit it.

LOL!

I was born in the fifties and watched all this modern day insanity get good and cranked up.

The trouble is I can't figure out what the difference is between aborting a healthy "Fetus" :rolleyes: and walking up to a healthy newborn and cutting the poor kid up into small pieces. So don't expect me to ever change my mind.

Dude you aint smart enough for this argument.

Dude you aint smart enough for this argument.

Don't have to be.

What was wrong yesterday is wrong today and will be wrong tomorrow.

I am smart enough to know that.

And THAT is a hell of a lot smarter than about a third of this nation.

Don't have to be.

What was wrong yesterday is wrong today and will be wrong tomorrow.

I am smart enough to know that.

And THAT is a hell of a lot smarter than about a third of this nation.

Except abortion isn't wrong. It wasn't wrong yesterday, it's not wrong today and it won't be wrong tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

Except abortion isn't wrong. It wasn't wrong yesterday, it's not wrong today and it won't be wrong tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

I thought about continuing this argument but why waste my time... everything I'm thinking is already in my sig line and way to true.

So rave on people!

LOL!

You do realize that's not how abortion works, right?

I really hope so.

Uh, yeah, everybody with a brain knows abortion is safe in the U.S. Duh. Why do you think it's been legal for the last 45+ years?

And, of course, in some of the more conservative states the nosy politics have to make their way into the examining room. Shit on them, of course.

I love how when it comes to abortion the lefties go all out libertarian....and the righties suddenly are all in love with big uber government between doctors and their patients.

What a bunch of fuckin' assholes.

Perhaps we should perform abortions with a handgun, totally effective as a means of killing unborn children

And what makes this a Landmark report? I thought Landmark was a company making fertilizer... hey, you don’t suppose they’re using babies for.. 😱 NOOO!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps we should perform abortions with a handgun, totally effective as a means of killing unborn children

And what makes this a Landmark report? I thought Landmark was a company making fertilizer... hey, you don’t suppose they’re using babies for.. 😱 NOOO!!!

You're almost as funny as Larry the Cable guy. In other words: really fucking stupid.

Abortions are going to happen, legally or not. And the more they're restricted, the less safe they will be. If you really are pro-life, you'll have a care for the women.

Back