Free Thoughts ~ Four Walls

I am sure this doesn't bear much merit.

While there are sure to be some readers out there who will interpret the following as both serious and constructive suggestions, let me assure you that they are not. To wit:

1. Stop house prices from falling. This is the root cause of all the world's problems today. Establish government agencies to assign current fair market values for every piece of real estate on the planet and pass laws that no home shall be sold for a price below these fair market values. Governments can revise these values up, but not down.

2. Save Distressed Mortgages. Ban pre-foreclosures, foreclosures, and bank ownership of real estate for which they carried the loan. Homeowners who purchased homes in recent years when prices were higher than current "fair market values" (see item 1) will have their outstanding balance and mortgage payments adjusted to make the mortgage affordable. Form a government agency to manage this process.

3. Launch a National Stock Purchase Plan. Encourage more participation in the stock market by establishing a government agency to match all stock purchases one-for-one over the next eight years. Shares will vest at the rate of 12.5 percent per year which should get us through to the end of the current secular bear market in stocks.

4. Ban All Short Selling. Ban all short-selling on all exchanges and form a government agency to regulate (limit) stock sales by individuals. Panic selling has been one of the primary causes of the recent stock market plunge and safeguards must be put in place to prevent skittish retirement investors from taking actions that are not in their own best, long-term interests.

5. Fix the Banking System. Buy, buy buy. Whatever it takes. Establish government agencies to write a dozen blank checks to every single bank in the world and then make sure the checks clear. Blank checks in excess of the original dozen should be handled on a case-by-case basis. The loss of confidence in the world's banks must be stopped immediately before people lose confidence in the world's governments and fiat currencies.

6. Eliminate Mark to Market. Increased capital requirements driven by rapidly changing market values for "hard-to-value" financial instruments have been a major cause of financial market distress in recent months. Eliminate this onerous task and allow financial institutions to value these assets as they see fit. Form a government agency to ensure that valuations do not exceed "reasonable" levels.

7. Regulate the Price of Gold. Establish a government agency to ensure that the gold price moves in sync with other commodity prices using whatever means possible including participation in futures market and selling gold into the physical market (check first to see that such an organization does not already exist). Marshal bullion from central bank vaults and boost production at mints in order to keep coin shops supplied at futures market prices.

8. Regulate the Price of Oil. This might be a hard one. Form a government agency to consult with oil-exporting countries and develop a plan to regulate oil prices such that prices rise at a prescribed rate based on the global rate of inflation. Oil prices that are too high or too low are destabilizing forces in the world economy and a long-term price schedule must be agreed to and enforced.

There are probably more ways that the financial world could be made a better place, but none come to mind at the moment other than perhaps forming a government agency to monitor and restrict commentary that is critical of the current financial system and all previous efforts to resuscitate it.

Hot, cold, hot, cold

who tha heck's playing with the thermostat???:D

DiJit - You keep bringing me coffee we're gonna need an out house installed. Now have a seat and tell me how you've been doin ~ :kiss:

MF- I haven't gotten to the link yet but be assured, I shall read and comment. A girl can only take so much heat this time of year ~ :kiss:;)

Ran ~ ((((Ran))) Lordy woman where have you been? I missed all the talks we used to have. I know it's been real busy on your side of the threads eh ~ I'm glad you dropped by and feel free to visit or just move in here with us anytime OK .... :kiss::rose:

Beam .... Wher e the heck did you and Mav disappear to??? (((BeaMav))) lol ~ :kiss::kiss:

:heart::rose:

Doing good RF.

Not doing much these days. don't go back to scaring til Thursday. I did have school today, but that was about it.

Hope you're doing good today too.

*big hug*

Scaring? Who have you been scaring? At the haunted house? That my friend, sounds like a lot of fun. We have a few places in Gatlinburg that we go, the haunted house type ... it was/is always a lot of fun. I was never really scared but it seemed a lot of others were.

One time about five years ago I took the kids trick or treating. Walked up to this house, rang the bell and a mad man came running out from under a weeping willow. He had a chain saw and the kids (being very small) got the life scared out of them. :eek: One can usually tell the type of house but that one took us ALL by surprise. :D

I'm doing very well this evening. Can you believe all the kids are already asleep? Must have been the homemade soup for dinner. :D

Huggles going out to my snugglepuss ... :D:kiss:

Scaring? Who have you been scaring? At the haunted house? That my friend, sounds like a lot of fun. We have a few places in Gatlinburg that we go, the haunted house type ... it was/is always a lot of fun. I was never really scared but it seemed a lot of others were.

One time about five years ago I took the kids trick or treating. Walked up to this house, rang the bell and a mad man came running out from under a weeping willow. He had a chain saw and the kids (being very small) got the life scared out of them. :eek: One can usually tell the type of house but that one took us ALL by surprise. :D

I'm doing very well this evening. Can you believe all the kids are already asleep? Must have been the homemade soup for dinner. :D

Huggles going out to my snugglepuss ... :D:kiss:

LOL Yeah, we do have alot of fun with it.

LOL Sounds like someone like the owners of THIS haunted house.

I don't recommend anyone take a little kid to a place like this.

LOL Well I'll have to give oyu my recipe so you can get them to sleep quickly more often.:D

LOL Well I'll have to give oyu my recipe so you can get them to sleep quickly more often.:D

I'm betting you have a full list of "special ingredients" ;)

I've been surfing the web looking for 'spooky - frightful - scary ' poetry ... I keep coming up with Edgar Allen Poe. He is really great, don't get me wrong but I was looking for something a lil more modern ... back to the drawing board ...:rolleyes:

:rose:

Hot, cold, hot, cold

who tha heck's playing with the thermostat???:D

Ran ~ ((((Ran))) Lordy woman where have you been? I missed all the talks we used to have. I know it's been real busy on your side of the threads eh ~ I'm glad you dropped by and feel free to visit or just move in here with us anytime OK .... :kiss::rose:

:heart::rose:

Thank you RF, it is going to be busy for a few more weeks, which suits me admirably with not having any thread of mine to take care of :D
I will be dropping by more often, I hear the coffee is great in your place :rose: :kiss:

Thank you RF, it is going to be busy for a few more weeks, which suits me admirably with not having any thread of mine to take care of :D
I will be dropping by more often, I hear the coffee is great in your place :rose: :kiss:

That's because I'm an addict. :eek: I must have coffeeeeeeee:D

Good morning friends .... I got into bed extra early and still tossed and turned, lol. Oh well, we can but try eh ~ Coffee is smelling mighty strong this morning but the bananna nut muffins more than make up for that kick in tha booty ~ ;)

*pours Ran and self a cuppa ...

*ssiipppp....* umm... yummm... *smacks lips*

Now let's try your muffin... ;)

I am employing my senses one by one.
At the moment, I am sniffing at it delicately... and I feel lightheaded as never before :cathappy:

*giggles* Quit talking with your mouth full .... ;)

lmao ... couln't resisit.:eek::D
Now, off to work. Have a most delicious day my friend.

Story of my life.

Always late for the naughty banter and sexy ladies.:(:(:(

lmao ... Ya'll sure know how to keep things going around here. I love it !!! Crazy you ALLLL are !! :D

Good morning my friends. Now that I have my smile firmly in place, let's kick up some coffee and hmmmmm, what's for breakfast??? I am truly scatterbrained this morning so how about, a sack'fulla nuts. Nice salty ones??? lol ... *looking around* Nope not a nut to be found, they were here and left all these lil tidbits of witticism ...;)

I guess I will have to settle for some toast this am ... with some applebutter of course, yummm !! Not tellin' ya'll where the applebutter is !! :p

:kiss::rose:

lmao ... Ya'll sure know how to keep things going around here. I love it !!! Crazy you ALLLL are !! :D

Good morning my friends. Now that I have my smile firmly in place, let's kick up some coffee and hmmmmm, what's for breakfast??? I am truly scatterbrained this morning so how about, a sack'fulla nuts. Nice salty ones??? lol ... *looking around* Nope not a nut to be found, they were here and left all these lil tidbits of witticism ...;)

I guess I will have to settle for some toast this am ... with some applebutter of course, yummm !! Not tellin' ya'll where the applebutter is !! :p

I wish I could stay and search for your applebutter!

Butt... I have a class to attend, gotta run!

Later... :rose:

I wish I could stay and search for your applebutter!

Butt... I have a class to attend, gotta run!

Later... :rose:

I'm back from all my runnin'. I thoguht it would be more ... fun. Finally my first day off last week and I clean house all day. Then I get today and I do my household running. I drove over 100 miles just trying to find something to get into ... I went thrifting, saw a lotta garage sales - went to the store and got what I actually needed then

I came home. Lit every candle I could find, took a shot ... I know bad gurl eh ~ But I needed summmmmthing .... I know I'll never find it in a bottle unless they package "man in a bottle" lol .... So here I am, candles lit, feeling froggy - very relaxed and ... nuthin' lol ... serves me right eh ~~

I posted this yesterday on Georges's Vacation thread but wanted to share the story with you.

Two years ago today George gave Mav my phone # because of the October storm that hit NY... (heavy snow that knocked down thousands of trees and power lines) ....one phone call changed 2 lives forever.

Something funny to share with you.I pulled into the garage when I returned from work this evening...as the garage door went up I saw a red star on the floor,I followed the string up towards the ceiling and there was this GIANT balloon attached...

attachment.php

LMAO..I got so excited...like REALLY excited that I started clapping my hands and then I hit the garage remote..OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS in my excitement I hadn't pulled in far enough I ended up nicking the paint off my bumper!!!

When I came up stairs there was this little package waiting for me by the computer.Mav and I had gone to this wonderful little gallery a few weeks ago and I had spotted this really special piece of jewelry.It captured my eye and I was repeatedly drawn back to it...I just loved it but didn't want to spend the money...This piece is SOOOOO ME...it's everything I love...moon,stars,water,mountains...while this picture shows some of the colors when the sunlight hits it the colors intensify...this is a one of kind..LMAO kind of like me!:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• dichroic glass pendant.jpg
    dichroic glass pendant.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 44
Back