BDSM categories

Kansas

Loves Spam
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Posts
78
I like the fact that LITEROTICA has different categories for different stories, but wouldn't it be better still if certain story categories were expanded to include those in which more than one category can be applied?

For example, I am especially drawn to stories involving girls with other girls, but I also enjoy stories involving bondage and spankings. Bondage and spankings involving girls with other girls, that is. Sadly, the lesbian category doesn't include the bdsm category. Literotica assumes that all bdsm stories must be hetero, and that lesbian stories don't involve bdsm.

I seriously think they need to expand the category listings to include overlap. Does anyone else feel this way?

:kiss:
 
I can't say that I ahve any feeling one way or another.

I do know that the webmasters have, over the previous year or two, been expanding categories in order to make the site easier to navigate and so that the readers can find what they want.

You could send a message to them suggesting your idea.

:)
 
Try the search feature in the story section. Too many sub-divisions of categories can also be a nightmare, but then again, considering the mass appeal of voyeuristic lesbian/bisexual adventures... ;)

As far as I can tell, and I admit to very rarely reading stories on Lit, there is a mix of BDSM stories - hetero theme and assumption prevading, but certainly no moreso than here on the Lit BDSM forum.
 
The problem with any category system is that stories can easily cross categories:

FFM threesome where one of the women punishes the other woman and the man cold be group and BDSM with a little GLBT thrown in.

That's one nice thing about audio stories. They have their own category and you don't have to categorize.
 
My understanding is that plans are being discussed so in the near future there will be further categorisations which will include those you desire Kansas. Welcome to the board.

Catalina :rose:
 
angela146 said:
That's one nice thing about audio stories. They have their own category and you don't have to categorize.

That counts for illustrated stories as well;)
 
catalina_francisco said:
Ah, and if they had a BDSM specific catagory for this I would contribute gladly!!

Catalina :rose:

Now here's a suggestion I definitely support;)
 
Thank you all for your feedback

The thing is, I actually LIKE categories! I'd much rather know ahead of time whether a story is hetero or gay male or lesbian. That way I can go directly to what interests me instead of reading half of something that does not.

If audio stories don't have categories then how can you know this? Granted, sometimes the title implies what's going to happen in a story, but very often it does not. I seriously doubt there are that many literotica fans who like ALL story genres equally. We ALL have our special preferences, do we not?

:kiss:
 
Lesbian BDSM potential category.

Kansas;
Yes, different categories do help in specifics, and yes, they can be a nightmare, if you're unfamiliar with what you're searching for... but the combination of lesbian BDSM is a promisingly weird tale combination that could indeed be darkly fun to read- some sites have that kind of story; where one woman is playing the role of another woman's actual owner and the like... kooky stuff like that.
 
And they still use categories. :D

Carry on, my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done.
 
I guess we’ll never know.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 7EA943D7-5FBE-45D8-9D1C-2E259D335F89.jpg
    7EA943D7-5FBE-45D8-9D1C-2E259D335F89.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 29
Nothing's the matter with THIS Kansas!

I would enjoy perusing Literotica's audio stories much more if I knew ahead of time if they were lesbian or otherwise. The term "Literotica" covers such a vast range of erotic story-telling - and let's be honest here, we DON'T all like the same things! I don't consider the Nifty.org story archives anywhere near as good as Literotica, but they do a better job of breaking down their categories into sub-categories - like, for example, you can look up lesbian-interracial stories, lesbian-authoritarian (sub/dom), lesbian-bondage, etc. etc. etc. It would be nice to have that here!
 
I would enjoy perusing Literotica's audio stories much more if I knew ahead of time if they were lesbian or otherwise. The term "Literotica" covers such a vast range of erotic story-telling - and let's be honest here, we DON'T all like the same things! I don't consider the Nifty.org story archives anywhere near as good as Literotica, but they do a better job of breaking down their categories into sub-categories - like, for example, you can look up lesbian-interracial stories, lesbian-authoritarian (sub/dom), lesbian-bondage, etc. etc. etc. It would be nice to have that here!

Everybody here are just like you, posters with kinky thoughts. We have no control over how things are done. You need to address this with Laurel, as she's the one in charge of the site. You can PM her, and while she is pretty busy, she usually will answer you.

Send her a private message with why you think the Literotica system isn't as good as it could be. She might actually consider your opinion. At the very least, she will thank you for contacting her in the hopes of making Literotica better.

Don't be disillusioned with her answer. She usually has good reasons for doing things the way she does. Not that I agree with her, as I had story rejected by her, in the past, because it didn't fit into any of her "categories". But, it is her site, after all.
 
Sites like "XNXX" (also known as sexstories) and "Kristen archives" actually have the general label of content in general (By stating a kink itself). After this a quick glance shows what kind of engagements will be happening within the story itself as it's "On the can". M/F would be male and female. F/F would be female and female. Other tags will likely be shown as well so that it would show up when looking for the other categories. A quick glance of that along with the title and you got the general idea of what a story is about. You can use the webpage search function (shortcut is control+F) and then type "M/F" in, as an example. The stories with what "genders" (in this example) you're looking for would then be highlighted and automatically scrolled too on the page when you hit "next".
 
^More like TWENTY years ago.

And the person who you quoted, posted THAT more than six years ago.

In other words, dead threads should stay dead- unless there is something groundbreaking and/or relevant to say (But even then, it's usually better to just start a new thread.)
 
Back
Top