Silver Mylar Balloons

The 2017 Tax and Jobs Act – the Trump administration’s one major piece of enacted legislation – did deliver the biggest corporate tax cut in US history, but ultimately workers benefited almost not at all.

The tax hike was sold to citizens as a move that would boost the economy, add jobs and hike wages. The president said in one speech that it would bring the average American household “around a $4,000 pay raise”.

(Less than $400.00 as delivered-$233 a year as the reality. What was lost ? Filing taxes and getting nothing back.)

The bulk of the $150 billion, the tax cut put into the hands of corporations in 2018 went into shareholder dividends and stock buy-backs, both of which line the pockets of the 10% of Americans who own 84% of the stocks.

(The Trumpypants System of Dishonest Fuckery)

The bill was drafted in secret, partly to keep it from Congress’s own members who, it was feared, would leak it to lobbyists. Those crafting the bill worried that if the contents of their drafts leaked out, lobbyists would go to work gutting the bill. Hearings on the legislation were reduced to a bare minimum.

The bill was passed with astonishing speed that limited scrutiny.

They agreed on borrowing $1.5tn over 10 years, to pay for the tax break for wealthy corporations. Yes, folks, Trumpypants' legislation was added to the deficit.)

The increase in projected spending is necessary, in large part, to finance the $1.5 trillion in tax cuts passed late last year Republicans in Congress and signed by President Trump. Earlier this year the Congressional Budget Office warned that the bill was causing the government to burn through cash more quickly as a result of reduced tax revenue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ng-pace-top-trillion-this-year-highest-since/

The bill that was passed, was half-assed, poorly thought out, deficient.

"It contained egregious mistakes, created massive new loopholes and opened the door to new forms of tax avoidance. Thirteen tax law professors from around the country, in a 68-page study, blasted its “rushed and secretive process” that resulted, they said, “in deeply flawed legislation”.

Read the full investigation on the Center for Public Integrity’s website. Peter Cary and Allan Holmes are reporters at the Center for Public Integrity

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/30/trump-tax-cut-law-investigation-worker-benefits
 
ProPublica
ProPublica Verified Account
@propublica

NEW: How Taxpayers Covered a $1,000 Liquor Bill
for Trump Staffers -A top-shelf, closed-door drinking
session. -$546-a-night hotel rooms.
-A special government credit card for Mar-a-Lago.
Taxpayers foot the costs —
and the president profits:

ProPublica

5:00 AM - 1 May 2019

How Taxpayers Covered a $1,000 Liquor Bill for Trump Staffers (and More) at Trump’s Club — ProPub...


A top-shelf, closed-door drinking session. $546-a-night hotel rooms. A special government credit card for Mar-a-Lago. Taxpayers foot the costs — and the president profits.

ProPublica ProPublica @propublica

At some point later that evening, a group repaired to Mar-a-Lago’s Library Bar, a wood-paneled study with a portrait of Trump in tennis whites (titled “The Visionary”) hanging nearby. The group asked the bartender to leave the room so it “could speak confidentially,” according to an email written by Mar-a-Lago’s catering director, Brooke Watson.

Mar-a-Lago's Catering Director Describes White House Happy Hour for State Department (p. 33)
Selected portion of a source document hosted by DocumentCloud
View the entire document with DocumentCloud

The Secret Service guarded the door, according to the email. The bartender wasn’t allowed to return. And members of the group began pouring themselves drinks. No one paid.

Six days later, on April 13, Mar-a-Lago created a bill for those drinks, tallying $838 worth of alcohol plus a 20% service charge. It covered 54 drinks (making for an average price of $18.62 each) of premium liquor: Chopin vodka, Patron and Don Julio Blanco tequilas and Woodford Reserve bourbon. Watson’s email did not specify how many people consumed the alcohol or who the participants were. (It stated that she was told the participants included then-strategist Steve Bannon and then-deputy chief of staff Joe Hagin. Bannon, who has said he stopped drinking years ago, said he didn’t drink at Mar-a-Lago and didn’t recall the episode. Hagin did not respond to requests for comment.)..................................................

/www.propublica.org/article/

trump-inc-podcast-taxpayers-covered-liquor-bill-for-trump-staffers-and-more-mar-a-lago?

utm_content=buffer82de6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&

utm_campaign=buffer
 
Opinion

"This editorial was written by the editorial board and serves as the voice and opinion of The Dallas Morning News."

One thing is certain in a civilized society: When zealots start getting their way, we’ve lost hope of maintaining peace and security.

It’s important that our leaders ferret out the most dangerous extremists among us and not give in to their demands.

That’s why we applaud House Speaker Dennis Bonnen for bringing attention to the dangerous gun-rights advocates he says have sent him repeated death threats since he became speaker in January and over the past two months since he has squelched passage of a “constitutional carry” bill.

Bonnen’s office this week released copies of about two dozen messages the Angleton Republican has received on social media and through emails and calls threatening physical harm. “Get a rope and hang him high,” read one. “Off with his head,” said another.

Those threats alone are reason enough for Bonnen to let Bedford Republican Jonathan Stickland’s HB 357, which would allow Texans to carry without a license, die in committee.

"Threats and intimidation will never advance your issue. Their issue is dead," Bonnen told The Dallas Morning News.

(more words)

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...r-bonnen-right-kill-constitutional-carry-bill


Remembrance of JFK birthday, will be coming up, soon...
 
Trump critic loses his (long standing) White House pass,
that he has had for 21years.
He wrote an opinion piece about this.

The White House revoked my press pass.
It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists.


Dana Milbank
Op-ed columnist covering national politics

May 8 at 5:00 PM



"The White House wouldn’t provide numbers, but it appears most of the White House press corps didn’t qualify for credentials under the new standard, including regulars for The Post and the Associated Press."

90-day attendance purge

CNN's Jim Acosta


Last year, Judge Timothy Kelly, a Trump appointee, ordered the White House to restore Acosta’s press credentials, saying that the White House’s process for revoking his access (after Acosta had aggressively questioned Trump) was “shrouded in mystery.”

In response, it seems, the White House established a clear — if nearly impossible — standard: no credentials to any journalist who is not in the building on at least 90 out of the previous 180 days — in other words, seven of every 10 workdays. The White House wouldn’t provide numbers, but it appears most of the White House press corps didn’t qualify for credentials under the new standard, including regulars for The Post and the Associated Press. (Trump, who has spent more than 200 days at Trump properties and many more on travel, is barely in the White House this much himself.)

The White House, in rescinding my credentials, told me I had been in the building only seven times in the previous 180 days. (Two foot surgeries during that period kept me at home, though I never came close to the 90-day standard.)

White House officials offered me and others it disqualified a lesser credential called a six-month pass. They say it will grant equivalent access, but for various technical reasons, that isn’t true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e9-8be0-ca575670e91c_story.html?noredirect=on


Milbank reports it is “a clear — if nearly impossible — standard: No credentials to any journalist who is not in the building on at least 90 out of the previous 180 days — in other words, seven of every 10 workdays. The White House wouldn’t provide numbers, but it appears most of the White House press corps didn’t qualify for credentials under the new standard, including regulars for The Post and the Associated Press.”

https://www.alternet.org/2019/05/th...cts-reporters-to-sarah-sanderss-whims-report/

“After covering four presidents, I received an email informing me that Trump’s press office had revoked my White House credential,” Milbank writes in The Washington Post Wednesday evening.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/w...-hard-pass-was-revoked-as-part-of-mass-purge/
 
* tip of the hat, to the Northerner on the GB

Wild Geerters
@classiclib3ral

Ben Shapiro going on BBC and demanding conservative
Andrew Neil admit he's a leftist then crying about how
unfair it is to be asked critical questions about his book
before running away from the interview shows how
these American conservatives are accustomed to
their safe spaces

6:54 AM - 10 May 2019

Mehdi Hasan Verified Account
@mehdirhasan

1) So, turns out the "debate me" & "facts
don't care about your feelings"
conservative guy can't actually handle
a robust debate & gets so upset so fast
that he has to walk out of an interview
(with a conservative).

Watch the full @benshapiro meltdown:

(link)

11:16 AM - 10 May 2019

Rob Burley
@RobBurl

Here's @afneil interviewing @benshapiro
on #politicslive- this is the full, unedited
version.

It is not Fox News or an unmediated
YouTube video but a tough interrogation.

(link)

4:48 AM - 10 May 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p078tgjd

Andrew Neil takes on US conservative Ben Shapiro

He has more than 2 million followers on Twitter,
600,000 YouTube subscribers and his videos on
the Daily Wire channel rack up millions of views.

Ben Shapiro is a controversial figure but one of
the US' leading conservative political commentators.
His book, The Right Side of History:
How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great,
is a New York Times bestseller.

In a spiky Politics Live interview with Andrew Neil,
Mr Shapiro refers to an incident which took place
between Trump campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski
and Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields in 2016.

Although a charge was brought at the time against
Mr Lewandowski, Florida prosecutors dropped the case.

This is an unedited version of their interview, which
was terminated by Mr Shapiro


Release date:
10 May 2019
Duration:

16 minutes

Love your AR-15
@PotusLovesYou
3h
Replying to @RobBurl @afneil @benshapiro
Wait, first off Who is Rob Burl?
View conversation · Reply Retweet Like

Rob Burley
Rob Burley
@RobBurl Replying to @PotusLovesYou @afneil @benshapiro

hello.

I'm the Editor of the programme the interview was on.

2:21 PM - 10 May 2019
 
“You purport to be an objective journalist, BBC purports to be an objective, down the middle network,” Shapiro responded after the two went back-and-forth over the framing of the question. “It obviously is not, it never has been. And you as a journalist are proceeding to call one side of the political aisle ignorant, barbaric, and sending us back to the dark ages, why don’t you just say you’re on the left.”

Neil, who is actually the chairman of the right-leaning U.K. publication The Spectator, shrugged off the remark: “Mr. Shapiro, if you only knew how ridiculous that statement is you wouldn’t have said it.”

Minutes before walking out of the 16-minute interview, Shapiro went on a tirade calling out the interviewer:

Neil responded with a joke referencing the BBC’s public funding.

“There aren’t many bucks to be made off the BBC unlike American broadcasting, Mr. Shapiro,” the host said, which led Shapiro to respond, “This whole thing is a waste of time. Frankly, I don’t care — I don’t frankly give a damn what you think of me since I’ve never heard of you.”

“I think we’re done here,” he added.

“Thank you for your time and for showing that anger is not part of American political discourse,” Neil dryly said back.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ben-sha...-im-popular-and-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-you/
 
Charles Johnson Verified Account
@Green_Footballs

Damn. We are not worthy.

(link to David Simon @AoDespair quote, that is in opposition to mansplaining vaginas and menstruation)

6:47 PM - 10 May 2019

David Simon Verified Account
@AoDespair

What you misapprehend about the vagina is understandable given that the only one you have thus far encountered unclenched abruptly and dropped you head-first on the metal flooring of a rusting Airstream trailer.

6:46 PM - 10 May 2019
 
Andrew Neil Verified Account
@afneil

Yes. I tend to take the opposite position
from those I interview. It’s a useful way
to test their positions. It tells you nothing
of my own views.

What do American interviewers do?

(link)

8:33 AM - 11 May 2019

Rombout Hartemink
@romhartemink Replying to @afneil

You called his abortion position barbaric and back to the dark ages

8:26 AM - 11 May 2019

Ben Shapiro apologises to Andrew Neil after being 'destroyed' in BBC interview


11 May 2019

Neil, chair of the group that owns the rightwing magazine the Spectator, subjected Shapiro to a robust interrogation about previous remarks such as “Israelis like to build, Arabs like to bomb crap”, and highlighted his support for new hardline abortion laws in the state of Georgia.

Then, as Neil pressed him to explain how society was turning its back on Judaeo-Christian values, as Shapiro’s bestselling book claims, Shapiro said he was not “inclined to continue an interview with a person as badly motivated as you”.

He removed his microphone and prepared to leave as Neil thanked him for demonstrating that anger was not part of American political discourse.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...-shapiro-apologises-bbc-andrew-neil-interview


Ben Shapiro was there to flog his book.

"The Right Side of History:
How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great"

What expectations did Shapiro have ?
 
After reading a number of articles,
I have come to the conclusion about Ben Shapiro.

Ben Shapiro is a self-seeking POS.
He is bathing in every horrible
Trumpland Extremist Right Wing
peversity, and exploiting every
bit of propaganda to call attention
to himself.

Current Affairs Verified Account
@curaffairs

“WHY WON’T THE LEFT DEBATE ME”
asks the man who walked away at the first
sign of mild pushback from a fellow conservative
and who absolutely refuses to debate our own editor
in chief @NathanJRobinson

10:48 AM - 10 May 2019

Nathan J Robinson
@ NathanJRobinson
New Orleans, LA
Editor of @CurAffairs.

The New York Times took note of Shapiro

December 01, 2017

The Cool Kid’s Philosopher

Nathan J. Robinson

'Let me tell you why Ben Shapiro actually aggravates me. It is not his voice or demeanor, though I understand why others find these characteristics grating. Nor is it the way he inserts references to first-year law school doctrines even when they aren’t actually relevant. It is, rather, that Ben Shapiro is lying to his audience, by telling them that he is just a person concerned with the Truth, when the only thing he actually cares about is destroying the left. “Facts don’t care about your feelings” is a fine mantra, albeit kind of a dickish one. But it’s worthless if you’re going to interpret every last fact in the way most favorable to your own preconceptions, if you’re going to ignore evidence contrary to your position, and refuse to try to understand what your opponents actually believe.'

https://static.currentaffairs.org/2017/12/the-cool-kids-philosopher

yes, Ben Shapiro is a hypocrite.


Sep 18, 2017 Ben Shapiro's visit cost UC Berkeley an estimated $600k for security

The students did not want hate speech at their university.
The university Chancellor did not want a lawsuit.
Police officers prevented free speech from the students,
and Ben Shapiro had successfully engineered a publicity
campaign for himself.
 
We may not always look it, but humans are repurposed reptiles.


Believe it or not, but all of these traits reflect your inner lizard.


1. Our Yolk Sacs

When we’re embryos, a relic of our egg-laying past hangs in the womb with us—a yolk sac. Just like bird and reptile eggs, this sac provides embryos with nutrients. Yolk sacs developed about 300 million years ago when the first amphibians moved onto land. Along with the amniotic sac, it prevented their eggs from drying out.

6. Our Teeth

Most modern reptiles have long, sharp, peg-shaped chompers (think crocodiles). They don’t have canines—those are strictly found in mammals. But it wasn’t always that way. The dog-like lizard gorgonopsid was one of the first ancient reptiles to flaunt long, saber-toothed canines. By the time the shrew-like tritheldonts appeared 230 million years ago, reptiles were chewing on plants and developing molar-like teeth. Teeth became more complex, setting the stage for humans—and dentists.
7. The Genes That Make Us Us

Of course, we don’t inherit reptile teeth, skin, and bones directly. We simply inherit the genes that make them possible. One gene has a lot to do with all of these transformations—EDA. EDA controls how many teeth you have, what those teeth look like, how hairy you are, and how soft and sweaty your skin is. It’s believed that mutations to EDA in ancient reptiles helped us inherit our body’s current blueprints.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55873/7-traits-humans-inherited-reptiles
 
14 May 2019


New Zealand’s prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, is in Paris where she is lobbying countries and global tech companies to sign the “Christchurch Call”, a voluntary pledge that aims to eradicate terrorist and violent content online in the wake of the worst mass shooting in New Zealand’s modern history.

The US is not sending anyone to the meeting of digital ministers from the Group of 7 nations to discuss the plan, and is not intending to sign the pledge.


The day before the summit, Facebook said it was tightening rules on use of its livestreaming feature, which was used to broadcast the Christchurch attack. It said people who have faced disciplinary action for breaking Facebook’s most serious rules would be temporarily suspended from using the Live function.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...da-ardern-mystified-by-lack-of-us-gun-control
 
Freedom From Religion

FFRF
FFRF Verified Account
@ FFRF
Madison, WI

National non prophet nonprofit working to promote
the separation of state and church.

ffrf.org


Andrew L. Seidel
@ AndrewLSeidel
PERSONAL ACCOUNT

Attorney at @FFRF. Atheist.


@AndrewLSeidel

Liberal justices on the Supreme Court are warning us
that the conservative bloc is gunning for Roe v. Wade.
But it's not just women's rights that hang in the balance.
Trump's conservative bloc is also aiming a wrecking ball
at the wall of separation between state and church.

(pic)

1:10 PM - 17 May 2019



Jon@wheresmydogma
Replying to @AndrewLSeidel

Thomas’s comment about overruling bad law was a
direct comment on church/state separation.
When considering whether to adopt Christianity
as the nation’s religion, the Founders said “no.”
It was considered and rejected.

But w/“original intent,” everything’s up for grabs.
1:45 PM - 17 May 2019

May 12, 2019

Just days after the Texas Attorney General’s office told officials
at the San Jacinto County Courthouse that they didn’t need to
take down their giant Christian crosses in the windows —
no matter what the Freedom From Religion Foundation said
— the people inside the courthouse are promoting Christianity
without consequences.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...tian-crosses-in-windows-defying-legal-threat/
 
In 1992, the Supreme Court looked poised to overturn Roe v. Wade,
the landmark case protecting abortion rights. They didn’t, however,
and the main reason was respect for precedent—specifically,
the legal doctrine known as stare decisis, or “let the decision stand.”

An otherwise obscure case decided this week, Franchise Tax Board
of California v. Hyatt, suggests that a majority of the court would not.

Hyatt was, in large part, about stare decisis.

A 1979 Supreme Court case, Nevada v. Hall, held that citizens can
sue a state in another state’s court. In 1998, Gilbert Hyatt did just that
as part of a tax dispute, with tens of millions of dollars at stake.
This week, the court overruled its 1979 decision by a vote of 5-4
and tossed out Hyatt’s claim. The split was on ideological lines,
with the court’s five conservatives in the majority and four liberals
in the minority.


Of the 18 pages in the majority opinion written by Justice
Clarence Thomas, 17 are about the legal question in the case,
which revolves around states’ rights, sovereign immunity, and
the Constitution. It’s no surprise that Justice Thomas, in particular,
wrote this opinion, as states’ rights have been a focus of his for
three decades.

In short, Justice Thomas’ theory of stare decisis is like a
roadmap for how to overrule decisions one disagrees with.
First, frame the disagreement as one over “quality” rather
than principle. Second, trivialize the ways in which people
rely on the law as it stands.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/clarence-thomas-shows-how-supreme-court-would-overturn-roe-v-wade

May 13, 2019

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court decided Monday
that one state cannot unwillingly be sued in the courts of another,
overruling a 40-year precedent and perhaps, foreshadowing an
argument over the viability of other high court decisions.

“It is far more dangerous to overrule a decision only because
five members of a later court come to agree with earlier
dissenters on a difficult legal question,” Breyer wrote.
He included a reference to the court’s 1992 ruling in
Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey
that reaffirmed the right to abortion the court declared in
Roe v. Wade in 1973.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...a-state-cant-be-sued-in-another-states-courts
 
Schiff: Amash criticism not enough to push Trump impeachment

“It provides an additional tool,” the California Democrat said. “What we have been doing is we have been gradually escalating the tactics we need to use to get information for the American people. So we began by asking for voluntary cooperation, and that was not forthcoming. We followed with subpoenas, we followed with contempt. We may follow with inherent contempt, and we may have to follow with impeachment.”

Why "Gradual"? Why slowly creep up on him? If Demo's had any balls they would get on with the plot and not shilly shally about like the limp dicks they appear to be.

Bury the MAGAts in a thousand subpoenas, Contempt citations and law suits. Use the hundreds of Lawyers on their staffs to work around the clock to barrage the MAGAts with lawsuits and legal bullshit, and stop this mucking about!:mad:
 
The Fix

Analysis

Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events


Aaron Blake
Senior political reporter, writing for The Fix

May 22 at 12:57 PM

2019


Trump’s gripe-filled news conference, annotated


"And for a year, I heard about phone calls that went to a special number. Unauthorized. And it would have been my son Don, who’s a good young man who’s gone through hell. And they were calls that must have been made by him before and after the meeting, three calls."

"After massive study and work, they actually found who made the calls. One was a friend of ours, a real estate developer. Great guy. Most of you know him. Nice guy. Loves our country. And the other one was the head of NASCAR, two of them."

"So of the three calls that were so horrible, that he had a meeting and he called me and then he had the meeting after and he made two more calls — and they were written about like this little — little lines, couple of lines. Nobody wanted to admit it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/22/trumps-gripe-filled-press-conference-annotated/


Daniel Dale Verified Account
@ddale8 Replying to @ddale8

Here's the transcript from WaPo.
It's confusing as usual, but it
seems to me to be the same denial
as always, not some inadvertent
revelation.

11:51 AM - 22 May 2019
 
Kamala Harris Verified Account
@KamalaHarris

We cannot abandon our democracy
for the sake of appeasing a president
who is completely focused on his interests

5:04 AM - 23 May 2019
 
The newsfeed was jammed to overflowing this week,
and adding to it, was a number of tornadoes and floods.
Mostly, it featured loud-mouthed Trumpypants making
a spectacle of himself. tRump's car-full of Clowns did
their best to make headlines.

What was pushed aside, in the newsfeed, to make room for nonsense ?

May 22, 2019

Abortion Activists Rally at Texas Capitol as Pro-Life Legislation Sweeps the Nation

Pro-choice activists rallied at the Texas capitol yesterday as pro-life legislation curbing abortion sweeps across the nation.

Texas lawmakers close to sending “born alive” abortion bill to Gov.

Republicans in the Texas Senate passed the bill Thursday
with the support of two Democrats.

If the Texas House concurs with minor changes the Senate made to the measure,
it will go to the governor.

Texas Tribune Texas Tribune @TexasTribune

Stop the Abortion Bans Rally at the Texas State Capitol

May 21, 2019

The rally organized by the Texas Handmaids and the
National Council of Jewish Women took over the
Capitol grounds on Tuesday, May 21.

Protesters demanded support for birthing bodies and the right to choose.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/photos/stop-the-abortion-bans-rally-at-the-texas-state-capitol/

Former Democrat gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis
also attended to rally progressive activists.

During her speech, Davis said, “This legislature is going to continue
to try to intrude upon women’s reproductive freedoms, and it’s going
to be incumbent upon all of us to stop that.”

Davis further claimed that “bodily autonomy is an American value.

https://thetexan.news/abortion-acti...ol-as-pro-life-legislation-sweeps-the-nation/
 
What does Trumpypants have against the National Federation of Federal Employees ?

President Trump Said Federal Workers Support (Trump) Shutdown.

Not True, Say Unions Representing Hundreds of Thousands

December 26, 2018

http://time.com/5488527/donald-trump-shutdown-federal-employees/

During hurricanes, wildfires and other natural disasters, these students are some of the first people to respond,” said Brittany Holder, a spokeswoman for the National Federation of Federal Employees. The organization, in a recent review of the Civilian Conservation Corps, found that in 2017, more than 300 students were sent to wildfire assignments, providing about 200,000 hours of support, among a range of other services.

The union argues the program has been a success and that the administration is misrepresenting data to make its case to privatize the centers. The Trump administration — in annual budget requests — and Republican lawmakers have criticized the program as being wasteful of taxpayer money and having little accountability.

“They have no plan for the students, no idea how to stop the loss of 613,000 hours of student service, and are not concerned about the impact on rural jobs and local economies,” Beverly Tobin-Ford, the union’s Forest Service Council vice president, said in April. “It’s as if this administration just decided to do this without reservation or any forethought.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019...t-ends-job-corps-conservation-centers-1472208

tRump gives jobs to operatives that will gut government departments, and fill private bank accounts with tax payer cash.

Nothing personal, just business ?

Nah.

Trump loves to kick people down, if they do not knuckle under to him.

tRump is sadistic, and the people that are losing out, are young members of the minorities.
They happen to be poor, disadvantaged, and at risk.

tRump seems to have a special contempt,
and a grudge against these young people.

1,065 workers could be let go.

9 of 25 education and job training centers will be closed.

What tRump wants, is deregulation for his corporate donors, a pool of slush funds, and obedient minions.

Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta has joined the tRump alliance, and has proved that he knows which side is buttering his bread,

The Labor Department said 16 of the 25 centers will be replaced by new contract operators or a partnership overseen by DOL.

Private contractors will be taking over, and tRumpy has no problem with promoting which contractor will get the contracts.

Today, thousands of young people aged 16 to 24 from low-income communities participate in the program.


https://www.politico.com/story/2019...t-ends-job-corps-conservation-centers-1472208
 
Before everyone left DC for Memorial Day, did anything real result from these discussions ?

Senate, House start to chip away at "kiddie tax" hike

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-116657177/

May 17, 2019

"While Republicans were deliberately redistributing income upward, they also, accidentally, massively raised taxes on low-income college students — and the children of U.S. troops killed on active duty."

2017, congressional Republicans decided that these rules were needlessly complex. Rather than maintaining the kiddie tax, they decided to merely apply the rate on trusts to all unearned children’s income. In practice, this means that the size of a child’s scholarship or survivor benefit — not her parents’ tax rate — determines how much tax she needs to pay on her unearned income.

This change has few implications for wealthy families. But if you’re a working-class kid whose dad died in Iraq — and receive a survivor benefit greater than $13,000 on that income — then Trump just hiked your tax rate from 12 percent to 37 percent. And the same goes for a low-income student who’s received a college scholarship of over $13,000.

“Republicans took from war orphans to give to trust-fund kids”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-veterans.html

The changes to the so-called kiddie tax on need-based scholarships and grants don’t just affect low-income students. They also affect college athletes on full scholarship as well as Native American students receiving some tribal payments and “gold star” families receiving survivor benefits.

And the higher tax rates aren’t just a challenge for students on scholarship at private colleges. David Baime, senior vice president for government relations and policy analysis at the American Association of Community Colleges, said students at two-year colleges would be taxed on the portion of their Pell Grants that helps meet living expenses.

"That’s what happens when you’re writing a very complicated bill and it gets passed very quickly,” said Steven Bloom, director of government and public affairs at ACE. “It’s inevitable that these technical problems are going to surface later.”

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...w-included-surprise-tax-hike-college-students
 
Trumpypants fucked off to play on the international playground.
He tweeted something for his trolls to feed on.

Sunday, fans of Trumpypants were fed their scheduled propaganda by
White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley on FOX TV

Let's have some hypocrisy!
FOX TV is completely complicit with Trumpypant's White House.

Yet, anyone that reports the news from the Democratic side,
with any hint of criticism of Trumpypant's behavior, is accused
of not being nuetral.

Since when, has FOX been nuetral on Democrats ?

The conversations that Trumpypants has with FOX TV hosts
are not nuetral. How many people has Trump "mis-characterized ?"


New Yorker magazine's Jane Mayer, a journalist, was threatened,
when she investigated FOX TV's Kimberly Guilfoyle's advisor-

David Townsend is a frequent contributor to the fringe social-media site Gab, which Wired has called a “haven for the far right.” (He has promoted the idea that “physically weak men” are “more likely to be socialists,” and has argued that it is not anti-Semitic to observe that “the most powerful political moneybags in American politics are Zionists.”) The server company that hosts Gab removed it from the Internet temporarily after it was revealed to have posted hate-filled rants by Robert Bowers, the gunman who killed eleven people at a Pittsburgh synagogue, last October.”

“When I asked Townsend about his e-mails to Guilfoyle, he said, “Mind your own business. I’m just a Fox fan. I’m a keyboard warrior. I’m a nobody.” He said, “I’ve sent stuff to various people at Fox for years, and I don’t get a penny for it,” and added, “I don’t know what tree you’re barking up but you better be careful.”

So, FOX TV's Kimberly Guilfoyle as feeding Right Wing Extremist fringe messages, directly into Trumpt's favorite newsfeed ? Alrighty, then.

Former Fox News Channel executive Bill Shine joined the Trumpy
White House as assistant to the president and deputy chief of staff
for communications

John Bolton looked good on FOX TV, so he as hired as national
security adviser.

Heather Nauert worked for FOX TV, before she became Trumpy's
State Department spokesperson.

Sean Hannity has told colleagues that he speaks to the president
virtually every night, after his show ends, at 10 p.m.

Pete Hegseth and Lou Dobbs, hosts on Fox Business,
have each been patched into Oval Office meetings,
by speakerphone, to offer policy advice.

Mercedes Schlapp spoke on FOX TV, a NRA board member before
she became Trumpy's White House strategic communications director

Tony Sayegh, FOX TV now represents the Treasury Department
under the Trump administration

K.T. McFarland, under Reagan, she was a speechwriter for the Defense
Department and later a Pentagon spokesperson. She was deputy national
security adviser while Michael Flynn was national security adviser.
Almost promoted to ambassador to Singapore.
Russiagate caught up with her.

October 10, 2017

President Trump has hired Hogan Gidley, a longtime Republican
campaign operative with deep roots in the conservative movement,
to serve as a deputy White House press secretary, officials said.

This will be a reunion of sorts for (Sarah Huckabee) Sanders
and Gidley, who worked together on campaigns for the press
secretary's father, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee.
Gidley served as a communications strategist on two presidential
campaigns, Huckabee's in 2016 and former senator Rick Santorum's
(Penn.) in 2012, logging tens of thousands of miles with both candidates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ires-hogan-gidley-as-a-white-house-spokesman/
 
Monday, the weather news mentioned that during the past week, there had been 100 tornadoes

Brad Stephens Verified Account
@BradKCTV5

Storm chasing with @CarolineKCTV5. Heading to @KCIAirport
where employees have told to shelter. Heavy rain, green skies

5:21 PM - 28 May 2019

The tornado is part of a massive severe weather system in the central United States that has produced tornado activity for eight straight days.
 
On Monday, alone, there were 50 tornadoes

That makes 150 tornadoes in 8 days

As of Tuesday morning, there were over 50 tornado reports listed

(This morning I noticed that there were tornado warnings for Pennsylvania)

Sadly, there was more than one

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/05/tornados-giant-hail-damage-reported-across-pa.html

National Weather Service confirmed that there were 50 tornadoes

How many for Wednesday morning ?

"Monday's swarm was unusual because it happened over a
particularly wide geographic area and came amid an
especially active stretch," he said.

"As for why it's happening, Marsh said high pressure
over the Southeast and an unusually cold trough over
the Rockies are forcing warm, moist air into the central
U.S., triggering repeated severe thunderstorms and tornadoes."

"And neither system is showing signs of moving," he said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...angerous-tornado-on-ground-near-trotwood-ohio

On a personal note, The storm front is moving East!

I take these events seriously. Nothing behaves in a predictable,
traditional way, anymore.

NYPD 19th Precinct Verified Account
@NYPD19Pct

Our officers are out braving the twister warnings & lightning strikes.
Where’s @HelenHunt & Dorothy when you need them?
Stay safe indoors & please heed your local weather forecasters &
@NotifyNYC warnings.

6:56 PM - 28 May 2019 from Upper East Side, Manhattan

NYCEM - Notify NYC
NYCEM - Notify NYC Verified Account
@NotifyNYC

@NWSNewYorkNY Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued
for Brooklyn and Queens until 11:00 PM.
Strong winds & heavy rain expected.

(links)

7:26 PM - 28 May 2019
 
Drew Tuma Verified Account
@DrewTumaABC7

@kmbc in Kansas City showing the tornado moving through
Lawrence, KS on its way to Linwood. That is a massive tornado.
Chopper pilot estimated it was a mile wide.

4:41 PM - 28 May 2019

(pic of the base of the tornado looks very much like the size of the previous rare tornado)

Huge tornado on the horizon.

Newscaster describes the tornadoes as massive.

Andy Hatzos, a weather forecaster for the NWS in Wilmington, Ohio,
tells TIME that the NWS is beginning to process the damage ratings
of the tornadoes that passed through Northern Ohio.

The organization has already confirmed that at least an EF3 tornado
with winds up to 140 mph hit Beavercreek in Greene County, Ohio,
about 80 miles from Celina.

Time magazine
 
Back
Top