Hello from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play nice

I mean, I kind of like how this thread has panned out....thanks, OP!

I just don't think he'll see it that way.

Re the papers, I always appreciate the gardening section. I reckon Alys Fowler would fit in here

Re the papers, I always appreciate the gardening section. I reckon Alys Fowler would fit in here

well he hasn't chimed in to tell us to get out. Certainly hasn't told us to get off.

I think the OP will be perfectly OK with how this has panned out, he’s new to lit - would have probably scared him if this had gone down an overly sexual route... this is a gentle introduction :)

Alys Fowler lives in my neck of the woods - the only way Londoners can get a garden is to move to brummietown...

NYT is $5/mo online and totally worth it, in my opinion.
cooking section is top notch too (WaPo's food editor is vegetarian, which is nice, too, but the NYT archives for recipes is better...I think)

*not a brit but travel extensively and in my previous life, had to deal with many more people across the pond, and beyond. Heading there in about 6 weeks for work.

$5! That’s cheap as chips... I might be tempted...

Have you read her book? I've only read the long excerpt in the G, but I'll get round to it as I love paddling and pack rafts. (Quite like Ed Stafford? The guy that walked the Amazon/ is on the discovery channel a lot)

Have you read her book? I've only read the long excerpt in the G, but I'll get round to it as I love paddling and pack rafts. (Quite like Ed Stafford? The guy that walked the Amazon/ is on the discovery channel a lot)

I have her edible garden book but I am guessing you might be referring to a different one...

would your job cover it, too? My job does. These days, I don't mind paying for journalism. I don't pay for the WaPo yet, but probably should.

Unfortunately not but I can stretch to that myself - I can spend at least as much on good journalism as I do on a good lunch :)

sometimes i read what I wrote and tink I'm drunk... I'm not

I have her edible garden book but I am guessing you might be referring to a different one...

She has an autobiography. Married (to a chap) realised she loved a woman, they split/divorced (the husband that is), she's now happier with her lady... but her journey involved buying a packraft and floating around the bywaters/canals of Birmingham/London (I forget which) and writing about her thoughts and feelings on love and unlovely places where plants and random people hide. I'm not doing it justice I'm sure, but the serialisation in 1 part was lovely, so I intend on reading it...

She has an autobiography. Married (to a chap) realised she loved a woman, they split/divorced (the husband that is), she's now happier with her lady... but her journey involved buying a packraft and floating around the bywaters/canals of Birmingham/London (I forget which) and writing about her thoughts and feelings on love and unlovely places where plants and random people hide. I'm not doing it justice I'm sure, but the serialisation in 1 part was lovely, so I intend on reading it...

I’ve seen her talk about Brummie canals so I guess that’s it... perhaps I’ll look out for it...

I applaud your valiant attempt to steer the thread back on track. Is this like Amazon where one leaves reviews?

I applaud your valiant attempt to steer the thread back on track. Is this like Amazon where one leaves reviews?

Can be... lit can be anything you want it to be... some of the threads feature polls but any fucker that attempts to rate me is in trouble :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, I can’t speak for the other ladies but I only derail theads of people I like (that’s actually a lie - there’s the other side of the spectrum and I can’t resist sticking my oar in, but you’re on the good boy list...)

Can be... lit can be anything you want it to be... some of the threads feature polls but any fucker that attempts to rate me is in trouble :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, I can’t speak for the other ladies but I only derail theads of people I like (that’s actually a lie - there’s the other side of the spectrum and I can’t resist sticking my oar in, but you’re on the good boy list...)

Then let's hope I remain poll less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back