nipple clamps or clothespins?

emilyg

Virgin
hi there!

i want to start integrating nipple clamping into my masturbation routine. i can't decide if i should get a set of clamps or start out with clothespins and see if i need to get something pricier/nicer.

any advice?

thanks!

xoxoxoxoxo

If you have clothes pins already why not experiment with them? See how you feel about turning the idea into actuality with no commitment?

I however find clamps much friendlier, so I think it probably depends on how much pressure you want. I like that with some of the clamps GIanbattista has bought me, the pressure can be adjusted, and I can wear just the weight of them, or more pressure, or more than I really want too.

I second this, but will say that clothespins can have quite a nasty snap! It depends on your level of pain tolerance, but I much prefer adjustable clamps. My first set was a tweezer style, which I'd recommend - also fairly cheap, maybe $15-20 USD. They default to open and have to be forced closed, unlike clothespins and many other clamps which default to closed and have to be forced open.

Also be sure to watch your time limits and not leave them on too long. I believe 10-15 minutes is the generally accepted guideline, though someone can feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
I have found that clothespins work well during masturbation (if you have the pain tolerance) as a spur of the moment quick fix. However, as the others have mentioned, clamps can be adjusted and add a whole different level of pain/pleasure to the experience. I suggest shopping around online and reading reviews if you are serious.

There are actually screw type clamps out there that you can adjust the pressure as you develop a tolerance.

Pain

If you are used to pain or enjoy it use clothespins.

If you want something nicer or less painful if you are new to this then use nipple clamps.

There are actually screw type clamps out there that you can adjust the pressure as you develop a tolerance.

Seconded. That would be the best place to start for a beginner, and then either work your way up to clovers or clothes pins

Clothespins are cheap and readily available but if you go down that route in general the wooden ones have far less bite than the plastic ones and the ouch factor can be highly dependent upon whether you crimp on the nipple or the areola and where exactly you crimp. In addition you can loosen clothes pins so they apply less bite if you stretch them with a finger before clipping them on.

If you have clothes pins already why not experiment with them? See how you feel about turning the idea into actuality with no commitment?

Seconding this.

Clothespins are cheap and readily available but if you go down that route in general the wooden ones have far less bite than the plastic ones and the ouch factor can be highly dependent upon whether you crimp on the nipple or the areola and where exactly you crimp. In addition you can loosen clothes pins so they apply less bite if you stretch them with a finger before clipping them on.

And this, too. I was about to type out almost exactly this, but looks like MG has already beaten me to it. :D

But, yeah, try the wooden ones first and screw around with the tension with the above-mentioned method. Then, if you decide you want more, go for the plastic ones. I like clamps, both using them myself and putting them on others, but the suckers are ridiculously overpriced.

clamps are nice with chains,great for pulling etc.try the suction devices,cheap and work very well,any help send me a pm.

Clamps like these can be found at Home Depot or similar stores in sizes ranging from 3/4 inch to 8 inches. The largest ones have a potential jaw opening of 3 inches, certainly plenty large enough for anyone's nipples. The rubber tip provides some protection for sensitive flesh, too. I have a couple of smaller ones in my toy bag at the moment. I keep the larger ones at my bench for woodworking purposes.

You can find all kinds of fun stuff at Home Depot or Lowes. Or get a lifetime supply of clothespins at Walmart for a dollar or two.

Clamps like these can be found at Home Depot or similar stores in sizes ranging from 3/4 inch to 8 inches. The largest ones have a potential jaw opening of 3 inches, certainly plenty large enough for anyone's nipples. The rubber tip provides some protection for sensitive flesh, too. I have a couple of smaller ones in my toy bag at the moment. I keep the larger ones at my bench for woodworking purposes.

Christ. That one could jumpstart me on a cold morning. Looks a bit like it should be connected to a car battery. My little niplets would be annihilated in that!:eek:

About wooden clothespins: get nicer ones, not super cheap. And check the edges for rough wood. Just say no to nipple splinters. :cool:

Last edited:
Christ. That one could jumpstart me on a cold morning. Looks a bit like it should be connected to a car battery. My little niplets would be annihilated in that!:eek:

About wooden clothespins: get nicer ones, not super cheap. And check the edges for rough wood. Just say no to nipple splinters. :cool:

Oh, no, you're mistaken. THESE are jumper cables and, frankly, they're better suited for clamping ass cheeks anyway.

I do have some miniature jumper cables, with lamp-cord sized wires attached, in my toy bag for fun with smaller body bits. :D

I've recently been thinking of introducing nipple clamps. I'm abit 'softer' I usually look on Ann Summers or LoveHoney. Not sure about it, but going for something that isn't that extreme would proberly be the best bet.

Oh, no, you're mistaken. THESE are jumper cables and, frankly, they're better suited for clamping ass cheeks anyway.

I do have some miniature jumper cables, with lamp-cord sized wires attached, in my toy bag for fun with smaller body bits. :D

Holy Crap!

That's what I get for wandering out of the Cafe. TMI on other Listers. :eek:

That looks quite scary to me, so that's kind of saying something.

Now I have played around with the plastic black ones that are similar. The ones that come in the large bag for like $10. You get at least 2 of each size. The tiny ones are useless. Then there are 2 sizes that are nice, and one or two that I tried on the skin between my thumb and first finger and said "Oh fuck no"

As a clothespeg (clothespin) collector let me tell you that there are a vast variety of them and they all hold different intensities. The wooden ones are lovely, and actually the ones you now find in the stationary isle are even better. The extra large ones that you find in stationary and craft stores are also nice, but they can look rather silly. (this is usually a key aspect in our play) Then you have the plastic. The cheap plastic ones you find at Walmart are extremely intense. I think they have a stronger grip than my clover clamps do. My favorite ones to use are actually the plastic ones from IKEA. They give just the right amount of pressure for me. (I have broken mine in by clamping them onto a book before. Get them as wide as possible and leave it for a few days, that will take a bit of the edge off. )

There are also a large number of styles of clamps. The only ones that I have had stay on my nipples are the clover clamps. The screw kind just fall right off, and the pinch kind slide. The clover clamps are also fun because you can add weight to them to make them not only heavier, but pinch harder.

nipple clamps of the type that screw tighter as they close two jaws (like cupped hands) around the nipple.

I would start with clothespins if you already have those and if not I would just go out and buy some. They are relatively inexpensive and that way you can find out if you enjoy it or not before you invest in a more expensive pair of nipple clamps. My nipples aren't really that sensitive so for me to get any enjoyment you have to bite them hard enough to leave marks, pinch them super hard, twist them, etc. The clothespins don't do much for me...putting them on feels good and then having them pulled or slapped off does but in between there's not much pleasure. I haven't tried nipple clamps yet because I wasn't sure if I would enjoy them since my nipples don't seem to be that sensitive.

I have found that clothespins work well during masturbation (if you have the pain tolerance) as a spur of the moment quick fix. However, as the others have mentioned, clamps can be adjusted and add a whole different level of pain/pleasure to the experience.

Ordinary spring-type wooden clothespins can be adjustable, too. All it takes is a rubber band ... you position it behind the spring if you want less pressure, in front of the spring if you want more.

I personally feel clamps look more refined then wood. I like metal and pretty things lol. And for me they work better. Tweezer clamps won't fit so I use the adjustable alligator clamps. Wooden clothespins bite too much .

I have a new fetish....chopsticks and rubber bands. OMG. Hurts so good! There's a story on Lit called Sticks that inspired me.

Bobby pins

When you can't locate your clamps try bobby pins (hair slides/clips).
I seem to have about 100 of these all over my house so always at hand when you're in a pinch (pun intended).
Feels great

Back