Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that every woman I see is wearing a wedding ring? Aren't there any single women left in the universe (or at the very least the area that I live in)?

TheeGoatPig said:
Why is it that every woman I see is wearing a wedding ring? Aren't there any single women left in the universe (or at the very least the area that I live in)?
Get your passport and cross over into NY... I hear there are a lot of singles over there.... ;) :D

Well, I didn;t actually write anything worth keeping, but for the first time in *ages* I opened up my writing folder and had a look.

Progress...

x
V

Vermilion said:
Well, I didn;t actually write anything worth keeping, but for the first time in *ages* I opened up my writing folder and had a look.

Progress...

x
V

Good to hear. I've had a few thoughts too.

I just realised I have three exams, starting 15 days from now, and I havn't even bought the books I need for studying. :rolleyes:

Nirvanadragones said:
I just realised I have three exams, starting 15 days from now, and I havn't even bought the books I need for studying. :rolleyes:

*HUGS*

:confused: I thought you were all done with that.

Perhaps that was my role, and now my role is complete. There's a finality to it, and I'm comfortable with that. Such is life.

rgraham666 said:
*HUGS*

:confused: I thought you were all done with that.
*returns hugs* :kiss:

I'll never be done. I'm a believer in life-long learning. Not necessarily academic, though.

I was actually looking forward to the subject matter. It's about Psychophysics. :)

Nirvanadragones said:

I'll never be done. I'm a believer in life-long learning. Not necessarily academic, though.

I was actually looking forward to the subject matter. It's about Psychophysics. :)

Psychophysics? please explain :eek:?

Nirvanadragones said:
It studies the relationship between physical stimuli and their subjective correlates or percepts.

Here . . .

Oooooh, i will have to read some more at some point- didnt get to finish. I recognise some of the names thus far, and sound thresholds etc are something we've touched on :)

:rose: good luck hun!

As a technical writer, there are some things that annoy the heck out of me. I supppose these things could, conceivably, annoy people who are not technical writers, but I tend to think technical writers notice these types of things more than other people.

For instance, there is a sign in the breakroom of my office that reads, and I quote,

"PLEASE"
CLEAN UP
AFTER
YOURSELF!
Thank you

Do you see what I see? First off, why is "please" in quotation marks? Are they asking please? Are they insinuating sarcastically, "please"? Why not quote the entire sign?

Why are the first four lines capitalized, but the last line not? Is "thank you" less important than the rest? Has courtesy been dropped by the wayside?

And it's written all in red. Red usually denotes danger. If one doesn't clean up after oneself, does the microwave blow up? The building collapse? The refrigerator regurgitate?

And why the exclamation point! What is there to get so excited about! Excessive use of an exclamation point nullifies the importance of an exclamation point when it is truly needed! Do you see what I mean!

Sometimes at night I dream that I am proofing a document. I dream it, as if I don't get enough of proofing during my waking hours. I wish there was a way to shut my brain off.

McKenna said:
As a technical writer, there are some things that annoy the heck out of me. I supppose these things could, conceivably, annoy people who are not technical writers, but I tend to think technical writers notice these types of things more than other people.

For instance, there is a sign in the breakroom of my office that reads, and I quote,

"PLEASE"
CLEAN UP
AFTER
YOURSELF!
Thank you

Do you see what I see? First off, why is "please" in quotation marks? Are they asking please? Are they insinuating sarcastically, "please"? Why not quote the entire sign?

Why are the first four lines capitalized, but the last line not? Is "thank you" less important than the rest? Has courtesy been dropped by the wayside?

And it's written all in red. Red usually denotes danger. If one doesn't clean up after oneself, does the microwave blow up? The building collapse? The refrigerator regurgitate?

And why the exclamation point! What is there to get so excited about! Excessive use of an exclamation point nullifies the importance of an exclamation point when it is truly needed! Do you see what I mean!

Sometimes at night I dream that I am proofing a document. I dream it, as if I don't get enough of proofing during my waking hours. I wish there was a way to shut my brain off.
I saw a sign as I passed by a garage that said
LIC ME CHANICS FOR FAST SERVICE
I'm still not sure what a chanic is but i was tempted to try and lick it :D

maggot420 said:
I saw a sign as I passed by a garage that said
LIC ME CHANICS FOR FAST SERVICE
I'm still not sure what a chanic is but i was tempted to try and lick it :D

I dare you to walk into that garage and tell them you're there to lick the chanic. :D Maybe there's a surprise at the center! Or maybe, just maybe, we'll finally found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a ...chanic. ;)

McKenna said:
I dare you to walk into that garage and tell them you're there to lick the chanic. :D Maybe there's a surprise at the center! Or maybe, just maybe, we'll finally found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a ...chanic. ;)

Personally, I'm betting that they would just smack you in the head with a wrench, but it would probablly be entertaining to watch either way. ;)

Misty_Morning said:
Grace, couldn't resist. She's stroking my new puter. ;)

*whispers in your ear* i know what i'd rather stroke, sweetheart...

We have remote access! :D

this is WAY cool :D

Ive been driving her mad by taking control of the keyboard :D!

*is easily amused* :D

*:kiss:es all*

*Grace*

Misty_Morning said:
*whispers in your ear* i know what i'd rather stroke, sweetheart...

We have remote access! :D

this is WAY cool :D

Ive been driving her mad by taking control of the keyboard :D!

*is easily amused* :D

*:kiss:es all*

*Grace*

^^ look it was me :D the beauty of it is that i access Lit as her via her pc, and access lit as me via my pc as per normal :D

*bouncy*

I think... No, I'm pretty sure that my posts are geting beligerant and ridiculous tonight. Maybe it's best if I don't say anything else until tomorrow...

Nirvanadragones said:

but first we have a birthday coming up and youre SOOOO NOT going to study then :devil: :nana:

The birds are singing
Sun has not quite risen yet
It's going to be a beautiful day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back