Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Malts may be a bigger downfall for me than beer ..... happy to discuss!!

hope your meeting goes well and reward yourself later!

ohhhh lord .... not another woman I've made feel ill :eek:

You can come around and talk beer or Whiskey with me any time, but no making the women feel ill. I have a hard enough time with them as it is. :eek:

All this beer on board doesn't look good for my sea sickness :eek:

Beer is good for helping sea-sickness...
I can try to think of some other things that might help sea sickness. Generally I've found that keeping occupied and keeping ones mind on something else helps a lot. Let's see what can we think of to keep you occupied here :devil:

Hello everyone, lovely evening at the cove.

Yes it is, the waning moon is shining across the rippling surface of the water, casting light about like shards of sparkling glass.

The water undulates under the boats riding at anchor, they seem to move together like lovers in the night.

Alas, the watch bell has sounded and I must leave.

You can come around and talk beer or Whiskey with me any time, but no making the women feel ill. I have a hard enough time with them as it is. :eek:

It's a deal :D

I must go ashore for a few days but hope to return again soon

Hope you all rest easy onboard :cool:

:eek:
Peeking my head out of the companionway, I carefully scan the horizon for any teltale signs of bad luck. You know sailors are very superstitious. It being Friday the 13th, I'm tempted to crawl up into the forepeak and never come out.

port!! :eek: pass the sick bag :eek:

Bag??? Just hang your head over the port side (that's to the left) and let loose. :eek:

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

You too!

:eek:
Peeking my head out of the companionway, I carefully scan the horizon for any teltale signs of bad luck. You know sailors are very superstitious. It being Friday the 13th, I'm tempted to crawl up into the forepeak and never come out.

Everything go OK yesterday?

Bag??? Just hang your head over the port side (that's to the left) and let loose. :eek:

You too!

Everything go OK yesterday?

Actually, when giving advice about which side to hang your head, I usuall go for "leeward"...thats the side not into the wind...as in "pee to lee"

Actually, the meeting was not as dismal as the previous one. This is a top level executive advisory committee where we kick around ideas for long term goals and try to solve or at least advise on major problems. With the lousy situation these days, it's been frankly fucking depressing (as in "which department do we shut down" kind of discussions). Yesterday was not so bad, no ones getting a raise or bonus this year...but I knew that!

Last edited:
Actually, when giving advice about which side to hang your head, I usuall go for "leeward"...that the side not into the wind...as in "pee to lee"

Actually, the meeting was not as dismal as the previous one. This is a top level executive advisory committee where we kick around ideas for long term goals and try to solve or at least advise on major problems. With the lousy situation these days, it's been frankly fucking depressing (as in "which department do we shut down" kind of discussions). Yesterday was not so bad, no ones getting a raise or bonus this year...but I knew that!

*sighs* Gotta stop the nautical talk when I really haven't walked the walk.

Depressing indeed, but at least you're hanging around. It's Friday, the cocktail hour approaches...:cool:

*sighs* Gotta stop the nautical talk when I really haven't walked the walk.

Depressing indeed, but at least you're hanging around. It's Friday, the cocktail hour approaches...:cool:

LOL! Sometime, not in an open thread, I'll have to describe an interesting lesson a friend of mine learned about windward vs leeward...:eek:

Yeah, dinner out tonight, drinks and that will help...

LOL! Sometime, not in an open thread, I'll have to describe an interesting lesson a friend of mine learned about windward vs leeward...:eek:

Yeah, dinner out tonight, drinks and that will help...

That was interesting alright. And I don't think mine could quite "top" it, so to speak. :D

beloved captain, i hope this doesn't get me banned from your cove...but i'm not fond of the "mus" name. aude, or dea....but not mus.

that aside, how are you both this day?

beloved captain, i hope this doesn't get me banned from your cove...but i'm not fond of the "mus" name. aude, or dea....but not mus.

I guess mus is acceptable too. What does proper message board etiquette indicate?

:D
Clears throat and announces: There will be no more calling Audeamus "MUS", indeed, anyone doing so will be keel hauled...

My apologies milady. :rose:

Hey, got it right the first time! :)

He and I are exchanging some rather interesting stories, probably not for the faint of heart. Or stomach. LOL!

-smiles warmly and nods- i don't have any sailing stories to share so -- i'll just be over here building sand castles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back