Inserting Cover Art to Book Announcement?

bashfullyshameless

Literotica Guru
Hi all,

So I've got a new book out, and I really want to plug it on the boards here... and I totally don't know how to insert a pic of the cover art into the body of the announcement. When I click "preview," it just shows me a little box that says "file attachment."

I've got a great cover. I want to show it off.

Help?

Hi all,

So I've got a new book out, and I really want to plug it on the boards here... and I totally don't know how to insert a pic of the cover art into the body of the announcement. When I click "preview," it just shows me a little box that says "file attachment."

I've got a great cover. I want to show it off.

Help?

Wave your mouse over the little box that looks like an image (or postcard) in the top bar.

It is not cheese, your mouse will pop up the window: Insert image. Click and you can put a URL.

BTW you can get that by clicking on your book cover image wherever it's up for sale online and clicking 'copy URL'.

:nana:

Being technically challenged, I manually type "img" in brackets and "/img" in brackets with the URL of the image in the middle.

Just want tp add you have to add it ad an attachment first

Then click on it. When you open it copy the url

Now go back edit your post snd insert the url

Argh. I can NOT figure this out. Tried a bunch last night, got help from someone who knows her HTML, and yet still, nothin'... *bangs head on desk*

Is there an instructions page specific to Literotica for inserting pics rather than just links? All I can seem to manage is putting in links. Do I need to alter my profile or personal settings or something to allow myself to put in pics?

Argh. I can NOT figure this out. Tried a bunch last night, got help from someone who knows her HTML, and yet still, nothin'... *bangs head on desk*

Is there an instructions page specific to Literotica for inserting pics rather than just links? All I can seem to manage is putting in links. Do I need to alter my profile or personal settings or something to allow myself to put in pics?

Is the cover online or on your hard drive. For a picture you need to upload it to Lit first using their size limits and file types, which I'll assume is a jpg.

From there you can insert it anywhere using the insert image icon at the top of the message box.

LIke I said attach it to the post first. Then when you click the attachment that gives you the url. Once you have that you paste it in that little yellow box. you don;t need to use HTML

Back