Keeping it out of the Anal Category

D

DoctorHook

Guest
Sorry if this is the wrong forum; it seems that people are actually talking about Lit stories here in the Editor's Forum and I have a specific question. I've written a story of a naive and repressed couple that finds their way to uninhibited sex, culminating in doing anal. The story really isn't about anal, but it's necessary to climax the plot.

I want the story in Erotic Couplings. What are the chances it will get thrown into Anal?
 
EC is a catch all, so those probably don't get much scrutiny as far as changing categories. If it's one-on-one sex, it would probably land there if you choose it.

The question is why you would want to? You'll get a lot more readers in Anal than you will in EC, and a tale where the solution to the tension in the story is anal sex certainly fits the bill.
 
Any time you have an added "kink" in a story place it in that category. EC is a catchall and has limited readership.

Put it in anal you will get the target audience for that subject and get better responses.
 
Okay, I hadn't thought of it that way. I just assumed Anal had limited readership because there are so few submissions by comparison. I wonder why there aren't more? Seems to me it would be a lot more popular than say, NonHuman. Lots more fetishes out there than just mine, I guess.
 
Okay, I hadn't thought of it that way. I just assumed Anal had limited readership because there are so few submissions by comparison. I wonder why there aren't more? Seems to me it would be a lot more popular than say, NonHuman. Lots more fetishes out there than just mine, I guess.

The number of submissions in Non-Human, Sci-Fi&Fantasy, etc. are skewed by chapter stories. It's nothing unusual for a story to be 20 chapters or more there, each of which counts in that total stories number you see on the index.

Stories in anal tend to be tilted a lot more toward one-shots with the whole story contained in a single submission.

The number of stories in a category is by no means a reflection of how many readers it has.
 
Back
Top