Storms of the past and present (Closed for Perplexia)

CoSurvivor

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2013
Posts
1,101
AJ Masterson had moved near Glacier national park with the hope of leaving his past well behind. Only this afternoon, as he made his way home, his past decided to catch up to him.

Jake was driving him back home from their latest training exercise in the old beat up Ford Bronco which seems to have 9 lives, what with the gray primer spots covering a 3rd of the vehicle and one fender a deep red compared to the sun faded blue that was the rest of the vehicle, one would think it had survived a few skirmishes. However, despite the outward appearance, Jake's old Ford seemed to defy all odds, or simply was too old and cranky like it's owner to give up without a fight. It had been a hectic day, the station commander had basically run them ragged making sure the emergency services teams were prepared for the worst, and for multiple victims. The impending weather had saved them, and as much of a hard ass that the station commander was, he wasn't a fan of having people get stuck in inclement weather at a firehouse unless they were prepared to. And, considering many of those people who'd attended the last weeks training were going to be driving at least an hour or two to get home the commander released them early. Jake had just snapped in a worn out Waylen Jennings tape in the cassette player when they came up behind a purple Toyota Prius going way to fast for the weather conditions they were driving in.

Jake, screwed up his wrinkled face, while he let off the gas and slowed down, trying not to get too close to the Toyota in front of them.

“Whoever is driving that thing either has their ass on fire or is just plain crazy to be driving that matchbox car in this weather.”

AJ, always one to let Jake say what they were both thinking, simply nodded in agreement. He'd come to appreciate Jake in his wise tales of saving lives and the fact that the old codger had seen just about everything. Just as he was about to pipe up himself, the Prius fish tailed, took a wide spin and started to skid out of control. The front of the vehicle nose dived into an embankment of snow as the plastic bumper splintered into a thousand pieces. The vehicle twisted and smashed it's passenger side into two old pine trees, stopping it in it's tracks.

Immediately stopping, Jake pulled to the side of the road while AJ got out, pushed the passenger seat forward and pulled out his emergency kit. Tromping through the snow, he heading to the driver side of the car. Looking over the young woman she didn't appear to be bleeding and she was semiconscious. AJ tried to get her attention while he tried to open the driver's side door.

At 6'1” 210 with dark green eyes and solid black hair, AJ was physically impressive, even more so with a full beard, and dressed like he belonged on the outdoor channel.

“Miss, I'm an EMT please don't move, I'm going to try to get the door open and get you out.”

Yanking once, then twice, he felt metal on metal crunch then finally give as the door finally came open. AJ could now get a closer look at his patient and thought she looked familiar.

“Is she hurt?” Jake yelled from the cab of the old Bronco….

“No.. just a few bruises I think she's pretty well shaken up. She might also have a concussion.”

Turning to his patient, AJ took a good look at her and swore to himself. He did know her. Remembering a quote he'd heard long ago but he couldn't remember from where he resigned himself to the truth of it.

“No matter how hard we try, we can never run from our past. No matter how fast we run, how far away we travel, it will always catch up to us.”

Never in a million years did he think the woman who destroyed his life would show up here.. in Montana.

Focusing though on the present, AJ spoke confidently but kindly to her.

“I'm going to put a neck brace on you, simply as a precaution… Ok?”

AJ Unzipped his emergency kit and pulled out a collapsible neck brace, slipping it around her neck, carefully watching for any discomfort she might have. Once it was secured, AJ made sure her seat belt was out of the way and that she had no further injuries.

As he was about to turn to see where Jake was, he heard Jake's heavy footfalls in the snow. AJ commented over his shoulder,

“Jake, you wanna wait till EMS gets here to move her? Or what?”

“No, we better move her,” Jake replied. “EMS won't make it out here for a while especially with the roads as they are, EMS is good, but it's too risky with the front moving in so quickly so we couldn't helo her out if she was worse. We need to get her somewhere warm and safe.”

With a deep sigh of regret, knowing this will all come biting him in the ass later, AJ agreed. “Ok, let's take her to my place, I've got what we'll need to keep an eye on her till she's safe to travel.”

Nodding in agreement, Jake reached out and took the young woman's hand, carefully escorting her out to the road where the Bronco sat waiting. As they moved past him, AJ heard her mumble and grumble out how she can't live without the typewriter.. Looking back at the wreck AJ looked in teh back for what he could see. There were two bags back there, one which looked like an over night bag, the other a massive black box which looked like an old computer from the mid 80's. “This is a typewriter?” He said to himself, it didn't look like one, but then again he'd only seen a few in old computer stores and in western movies. Lugging it under his arm, AJ put it in the back of the Bronco, and got in the back keeping an eye on his patient while Jake drove the 20 minutes to his place.

With the wide expanse of the national forest about them, Jake pulled up to the 2 story cabin that AJ called home. Walking the young woman inside sitting her on the couch of the main room, AJ followed in and put her bags just inside the front door. Jake then turned and walked past him heading back to his Bronco.

“Wait.. Jake you're not.. gonna help me with this?” AJ called after his old friend, unsure of himself.

Looking over at the young woman, and back to AJ, Jake gave him a confused look, “Help you with what? She might have a mild concussion so keep an eye on her for the next 24 hrs. if she falls asleep wake her every few, check her vitals and let her sleep.” With a wry smile, Jake clasped AJ on the shoulder and headed out to his waiting Bronco and left without another word.

As AJ watched Jake drive off, he was still in mild shock, finally closing the front door as the storm clouds rolled closer in over the mountains to the west. The question remained, could he really take care of the woman who'd nearly destroyed him? The answer was a resounding yes, he'd nurse her back to health over the next few days and get her out of his life. So she couldn't destroy it again.

"Miss, I'm AJ, Jake and I brought you here so you can recover from your concussion.. do I need to call anyone and let them know you are ok?"
 
Sometimes the world we live in is not one that we want. The only solution is to remove yourself to one that will give you the opportunity to regroup and find out who you were meant to be. This was the case for Michelle Jolynn Capoli or MJ. She was a born and raised New Yorker. Her parents had dies when she was young in a car crash and she ended up in the foster care system. Her early life was full of blocked memories that she had no desire to visit.

Seeing college as her way out of poverty she excelled at school and got a scholarship to NYU for journalism, and met her husband Jacob. Well he was her ex-husband now. His family owned the paper she worked for. But that wasn’t why she married him. She didn’t even know who his family was until he proposed. They were less than thrilled with her being from the ‘wrong side’ of the tracks.
Theirs was the typical college romance. She had a boyfriend in high school, but that ended when he went off to California for college and she stayed in NY. Even in college she loved researching stories, and finding the truth behind things. Whether it was the re purposed meat in the cafeteria, or something deeper, it was the truth that mattered.

After college and marriage she went to work at the paper. She didn’t have to work. But she would never fit into that high society world with throwing dinner parties and shopping. She had applied at the paper with an Alias. Of course once they hired her she revealed who she was. She wanted to get the job of her own accord. Her writing career began.

Michelle adored being able to do research and get to the heart of the story. She had even been a nominee for a Pulitzer for investigating journalism. Then a story to her desk that could be career making or breaking. It would also destroy her marriage, and set her writing career on a new path. His name was Alexander Masterson Jr., and he was accused of not reporting an accident which almost led to the death of a young girl. This story was getting a lot attention. It turned out, that Jacobs father had a vested interest in destroying this man’s reputation. He needed someone with a reputation for telling the truth to tell the tale he concocted to keep his name clean.

Like all investigations she submerged herself into the investigation. She went undercover, and the whole nine yards. Only to discover that it was Jacob’s father behind it all. When she refused to write the article, it caused drama in her marriage. Instead of supporting his wife’s journalistic integrity, Jacob chose the side of his family. “Just Write it” when she told him no it only escalated. Michelle however was smarter then she gave them credit for. She had backed up her research on a usb stick, so when she quit and told them to shove it. They could destroy the truth, but she still had the proof.

When she had come home from work that evening, she didn’t’ anticipate that she would spend a week in the hospital after. She had her husband arrested for battery, but with his connections he was out within 48 hours of her filing the complaint from the hospital. It had been enough time to get divorce papers started and ready to be served on his release. She had hired movers to go in and pack and move her to Jersey.

Luckily she had kept her own bank account which her paychecks went into. They had added up over time since she always used their account. For a while she seemed to be getting her life back on track. The paper had published a false story about Alexander under her byline. She sued them and was able to divulge the truth to clear him of charges. She also had her first novel was published under her maiden name Larue. It was a female detective story that had been picked up for three more books. The publicity of it drew her ex-husband back to her door. Now that his father had been arrested and his assets seized Jacob was looking for a new nest egg.

MJ had enough violence in her life, and wasn’t about to make the same mistake again. His relentless perusal of her drove her into hiding. Pulling out a map she laid it upon her round oak table and turned her back to it. Tossing a penny over her shoulder she turned to see where it landed.

Montana. Perfect.. She thought. I’ll get a cabin in the mountains and be free to write without any interruptions. With the paperwork settled, it took her a few days to get everything in order. Packing up her typewriter (the usb drive was hidden in it.), and her clothes and a few belongings. She made a call for them to stock the place with food, and whatever else she would need.

Her purple Prius was her pride and joy, she loved the car. All she had to do was make it to the mountains, and everything would be okay. She didn’t want a paper trail, so she filled herself up with caffeine and drove straight through to Montana. She knew how to drive, just never had to when she lived in New York. Even in Jersey the requirement was slow.

She was only about ten miles away. Ten miles to her new life.. Ten miles…She increased her speed with the need for sleep and desire to be there already. Her Prius was no match for the mighty mountain as it skidded and swerved and spun off the road right between two trees. It all seemed like a spinning ride at the carnival. There were voices, she was nauseous, and her head was pounding. Shadows were blocking the light, bodies? Yes that’s what they were. They were one… two.. men helping to free her.

The crackling and wrench of the door made shivers run through her body. A calm soothing voice spoke to her. It made her feel at ease. He placed something around her neck. Talking there was more talking and she felt woozy. Sleep, she wanted to sleep. Now she was being helped out. The cold snow came up to her knees. Her five foot two frame was not designed for treading through snow. “can’t go, need my typewriter, can’t leave it.” There was desperation in her voice even though it was low mumbles.

Seeing the tall one with it she relaxed and let the other lead her to the SUV. More talking.. Her head was so fuzzy, why couldn’t she make out their words?. The truck stopped and the tall one walked her inside and had her sit. The two men talked more. And then the tall one came back. He was talking to her, what was he saying? Call someone. “NO” she felt like she screamed it and gripped her head.

“Sick, I’m going to be.” Grabbing a wastebasket she bent over to it and spilled her gas station lunch. Somehow she managed not to get her auburn locks entangled in the mess.

“Apple Jax, I am tired.” Somewhere in her mind AJ stood for Apple Jax, so that’s what she called him. “You’re fuzzy, but I like your voice. I just need to close my eyes a little. I haven’t slept in ..I’m not sure , but I need to sleep.” Boy that long string of words was exhausting. She closed the lids to her emerald eyes and leaned back.
 
Was this Karma? Having the woman who destroyed him inserted back into his life was a painful reminder of a life he'd been partially forced to and chosen to leave behind. What ever it was had been trying to tell him his debt hadn't been fully repaid, at least in the eyes of the laws of nature. AJ had never been a religious man, he'd grown distrustful of people even in his occupation, and maybe the foundation of that had been put out before him back in New York, so coming face to face with her put more than just a name and a face to what had happened, now it was here, physically in his life forcing him to face it. He'd do that, maybe. or maybe he'd get lucky and she'd have someone else who could look over her as she recovered. All that went out the window when she forcefully replied to his question.

At her quick retort "NO!" AJ put his hands up defensively, as if to assure her he meant no offense, that's when her slurring became pronounced and she looked to be getting worse, as if she was about to throw up all over his living room.

"Crap.. No wait.. don't let me get a bucket..." He started searching around for something and noticed she already had the trash wastebasket he'd kept next to his recliner. Jake must have moved it near her when he'd brought her in the room. Watching this young woman before him suffer activated his training faster than he probably realized, so he moved a little closer to her than he normally would have.

At the call of his name, AJ gave a half smile, half quirky expression as he watched her lean back and close her eyes quickly taking the messy trash can from her hands before she dropped it or tipped it over. Watching his slumbering patient he observed her beauty, He'd caught her green eyes, a bright emerald, and wondered what malice lay behind them that would have caused her to damage him long ago. He had questions, so many since then, but did it matter? She'd proabably moved well on and screwed up many more lives since then, she wouldn't remember him.. he was sure of it.

Leaving her sleeping, AJ walked the short distance to the main floor bathroom, and disposed of what the trashcan contained in the toilet. then washed it out quickly in the back washroom sink, as he didn't want to leave her alone for too long. With the mess cleaned up he returned to the young woman and scratched through his full beard, he'd meant to ask her what her name was, but remembered he'd picked up her bags and hoped her name was on one of them.

Stepping over to inspect the case of her typewriter, he noticed a sticker with her name and address on it. "Hm.. long way from home Jersey girl."

Whatever her reasons for being thousands of miles from home, he'd find out later, but for now, she was indeed his responsibility.

"Alright MJ.. if you are going to stay in my house, we may as well make you comfortable, but I've got to make sure you've got no other injuries we didn't see." AJ stood in front of her and had to make a decision, if she had any physical injuries that she hadn't reported due to her concussion, her life could be at risk, but what would she think afterward? Some guy undressed her in his home and raped her? He decided he'd explain later, while it was more urgent to make sure she didn't have any other injuries..

"MJ.. MJ can you hear me? I need to check you for physical injuries.. the wreck could have caused other injuries I didn't see. Are you hurt anywhere?"

If he was in a hospital setting, he'd think nothing of this, he'd just get it over with. and hell he'd stripped down other unresponsive patients in an ambulance so why would this be any different. Except it was.. Very different.

He tried one more time to rouse her speaking softly while holding her hand. "MJ, if you don't respond I've got to undress you to check you for injuries, I give you my word I'll keep your skives on."

He didn't have to do this now.. but the sooner he got it over with the easier his mind would be settled that there wasn't some other terrible injury hiding under her clothes.
 
"shhh Apple Jax, i'm sleeping" she mumbled to his voice that was in her ears. She was really starting to grow fond of his voice. To her it was much louder sounding then it actually was. She had gotten the just of what he said. Something about injuries and checking. or was it the other way around?

Either way she was half conscious and would cooperate some what clumsily with the removal of her clothes. "Skives" she gave a smile. "I like that word, will have to use it in my book". She said randomly leaning a little forward. Upon her body he would find some scars from her stay in the hospital from her ex husband. Some would be older and less pronounced from her childhood.

He would be able to see old round burn marks, and find her a bit ticklish around the ribs, and her feet. Even as she would start to dose these would make her semi conscious and giggle. Her body was toned, she kept in good shape for the solidarity life style she led.

Oh how her head hurt. "Excedrin" she mumbled. When he let her sleep she was prone to memories creeping into her dreams. Sometimes she would yell "no stop" pulling herself into a ball and blocking her face with her arm. So tired.. she was so tired, sleep was all she wanted.
 
AJ gave a snort and shook his head as she responded. "Thank you MJ, you go right on ahead and try to sleep..."

He found himself using a kinder voice than he'd originally thought he might use, maybe it was her politeness that was drawing it out of him, or the fact that she was calling him Apple Jax when she talked to him. In either case the light humor brought a smile to his face that had been missing for quite some time.

"Careful AJ.." He said to himself, "Remember what she did to you.." How could he forget, but then again, he also knew it had been a long time, and as much as he held her in contempt, right now she was giving him no reason for his own form of malice, and it was not in his nature to be mean spirited despite what he'd like others to think.

As if reading his mind, knowing that he'd have to move her, MJ leaned forward and AJ slipped off her coat, tossing it across the couch in a heap. Next he carefully unbuttoned the heavy flannel shirt she had on and slipped that off her arms, unknowingly being more gentle and placing it off to the side rather than throwing it aside like he did her jacket. AJ could tell she was wearing a bra under the light Henley she was wearing, he didn't need X-ray vision to figure that out as he could feel the lines of it as his fingers graced her back.

Knowing he needed to move MJ somewhere to rest, AJ gently he reached under her and brought her back to his bedroom, resting her head against his chest, the neck brace making it a little more awkward than it would have been otherwise. Laying her sleeping form on one side of the large comforter of his king sized bed, he went about trying to undressing her, mindful of the fact that she was semi awake, and as with other patients he'd been around, they had been known to do some awfully embarassing things.

Starting at her feet, AJ untied her boots, which appeared brand new with little wear save for the some minor scuffs. She must have bought them recently just before heading out here. He mindfully set them down next to the bed and continued taking off her socks. Something about undressing her seemed.. more private than it should be.. shaking his head at himself, AJ moved up and looked at her jeans, his eyes focusing on the button which held them closed. With careful hands he undid the button and undid the zipper, his hands moving to her hips, lifting her light body and slipping them off her hips entirely.

He averted his gaze, looking up at her face trying not to look upon her panties, trying to preserve some sort of self imposed respect for her privacy. With her jeans loose he pulled them off from her ankles and couldn't help but admire the tone of her legs. She was without a doubt attractive, and at the moment AJ couldn't remember the last time he'd actually had sex, let alone been with a woman which effected his primal attraction to her all the more.

Carefully he looked at her legs for bruising and could see slight discoloration on her right hip, possibly where she'd hit the center console durong the accident. Her knees were also a little red, not terribly bad, but they could become bruised as well. Some other scars he found were more troubling, things he'd seen on kids who'd seen... well things they shouldn't. And it cast everything he felt about the woman in front of him a little differently.

Carefully he curled her onto her side, bending her legs so she was in a fetal position as he opened the sheets and pulled back the comforter. Sliding her legs in, he decided it would be too awkward to take her shirt off with the neck brace on.

Instead, he pushed up the side of her shirt as she wiggled and giggled. AJ couldn't help but smile if but just a little, but that came to an end when he saw the small circular spots.. Cigarette burns, possibly cigarette lighter burns like ones from a car cigarette lighter or possibly a cigar. Instantly AJ scowled.. and muttered under his breath, a few profanities nearly escaped his lips. As he found a few more burn scars and a couple other scars that had no business being on a woman's body he found himself wondering if she was headed west for the same reason he had.

Thankfully though the only other bruising or injuries from the accident he found was across her left shoulder where the shoulder restraint had been. It was already starting to discolor, the long edges of the shoulder strap already perfectly clear. It would look nasty, but would heal over a few weeks.

Checking her shoulders a bit further AJ was satisfied that MJ had no broken bones and no hidden injuries from the accident. With his conscious clear, he rested her back down, and heard her mumble for Excedrin. Patting her hand he spoke kindly in response...

"I'll get you something for the headache. Then, no more talking.. Just rest."

Grabbing 3 ibuprofen and a camelbak he filled with water, AJ returned to his patient. Slipping the meds in her hand and helping MJ with the water, leaving the water bottle on the night stand. AJ made sure she was comfortable before he shut off the lights, and left leaving the door to the bedroom ajar.

"Rest easy MJ..." He thought taking one more peak in on her before heading back to the living room.

Immediately AJ looked out the massive windows from his living room which gave him a view of the national forest at his front door. The snow was falling steadily now, as if mother nature was telling AJ to get comfy and watch the show. She was going to work, and planned for a big show.
 
She grumbled as he helped her sit up to take the water and pills. "mm" she said finding that she was thirsty. "you're okay Apple Jax" she said with a light smile as he laid her back down. Her eyes were closed before he even left the room. The last thing she remembered feeling was the roughness of his hand and the gentleness in which it patted her.

The ibuprofen kicked in and allowed her to finally settle into sleep. There was so much that had been on her mind that bled into her dream. Her deadline was coming up, her ex husband stalking her, the death threats for her getting Jacobs father arrested. The car accident, oh her poor Prius, and then there was the occasional childhood memory that seeped in.

The strange creepy hollow ominous voice filled her mind 'you brought this on yourself Chelly. Mj's body jumped at the first strike in her mind. she could hear the inhalation of the cigarette.. no no "no no no" she whimpered. Her body shook lightly as her sleep went deeper. She cried out as the cigarette touched her skin in her dream. Then she went silent. As her dream changed to the event of her ex husband telling her to just write it. "NO" she said out loud rather firmly. Her body stiffened then her arm went over her face as she curled in a defense position.

Her sleep patterns varied slightly with different sounds and movements as he let her sleep. The odd thing he would find, is if he touched her and talked to her lightly she would go silent and sleep peaceful for a little while before they started up again. Something about AJ, brought her a calmness. Most people panic when they're in an accident, or being undressed by a stranger. Her reactions would have been different if it had been the other EMT.

AJ woke her up ever few hours because of the concussion. Checking her pulse and heart rate. She would complain here and there about the coldness of the stethoscope. His bedside manner was incredible, and she was extremely thankful when he took the neck brace off which allowed her to get more comfortable. His bed was nice and soft. She tried to make a mental note to check what kind it was so she could get one for her place.

Her place..her cute little cabin sat alone, she began dreaming about the chocolate cookies that she was going to have delivered. A smile would appear on her face as she dreamed of pleasant things. Soon she would be able to go to her cabin and be alone in her world of fear and safety from the world of men. Not that she would group Apple Jax in that. He was something different. But she was too tired to even go there right now.

At one point when he woke her up she grumbled. "Can't you just hook me up to a beepy thing and wake me up if i flat-line?" For a moment she thought she saw a smile of amusement before she closed her eyes again. When he asked if she was okay she would moan or mumble, and at one point requested more Excedrin.
 
Last edited:
AJ at first tried to respect her, keep his distance but as the day went on, and after he'd check her every few hours, AJ noticed she'd fallen into a terrible nightmare. It wasn't time, it wasn't remotely close to when he needed to wake her, but AJ couldn't just watch her go through the torture her dreams brought to her.

Coming around to the opposite side of the bed, AJ kicked off his house shoes and sat on the bed with her. He was fully clothed, wearing some warm flannel pants, and a long sleeve t-shirt, so if she woke there'd be no appearance that he was taking advantage of her.

Speaking softly, as if he was talking to his little sister back home when she'd have nightmares, AJ swept away the hair from MJ's face and spoke calmly.. Simply repeating..

"You are safe MJ... You are safe..."

Whatever demons that troubled her in the semi deep sleep seemed to be far more painful than any pain she'd ever inflicted upon him. AJ never imagined he'd have a change of heart about his opinion of her, and a part of him wanted answers. But, the past was truly a storm of his own making. AJ stayed at her side until he was convinced her nightmare had passed, only then did he get up and head back to the living room.

He'd come back in after she'd finally fell into a restful sleep, and removed the neck brace, He was quick about it, hoping not to disturb her sleep, AJ hoped he wasn't removing it too quickly, but when he'd looked her over earlier, her neck seemed fine.

It was probably 10 pm when he returned to check on MJ for the 3rd time. Carrying in a small plate of buttered toast, and a couple bottles of gatorade. AJ slowly tried to wake Her from her sleep.


Her goofy comment about hooking her up to a heart monitor brought a smile to his face. He scoffed, and handed her 3 more Ibuprofen as he replied,

"No heart monitor in the house. Forgot that back at the station.. course if you want me to try and keep you on a monitor I could just hook a couple toes up to a battery and see if that'll jolt you awake. AJ said it with a wry smile, hoping she knew it was a joke.

It had been a while since he'd tried to crack a joke, he was sure it sounded awkward, probably fell flat even, but if he got even a smile out of her he'd be happy.

"You've been asleep for a while MJ, I figured you might want a little food, and I'm not much of a cook but I can make toast at the least. Can you try to eat something?"
 
Last edited:
She smiled at his crack about the battery and jolting her awake. He even got a light chuckle out of her. It had been a long time since she laughed sincerely. She grumbled and reached out for his arm using it to pry herself up. The first thing she noticed was how firm his arm was. My god the man had biceps that were to die for. Rubbing her eyes she popped the ibuprofen in her mouth and took the water and swallowed.

This is the first time she had been fully conscious since the accident. Realizing she was in her bra she pulled up the covers a little. She wasn't freaked out about it. She vaguely remembered him undressing her to ...why..oh.. to check her wounds.

"Thank you" she replied.. "For taking care of me, and not letting me sleep" she grinned teasing him. "no seriously, you could have left me there to freeze to death. Though with this headache, i almost wish you had. I feel sore all over, like i'd been thrown.. like I fell down a flight of stairs." she smiled weakly.

"Mm no thank you, toast is perfect. It's the first real food i have had that wasn't in a wrapper and three days old" she smirked and took a small bite out of the toast. "oh so good. I'll have to invite you over for a meal. .. i mean a thank you meal some time" her cheeks flushed as she found her foot in her mouth.

This was the first real look she had at him. His eyes were amazing and seemed to just draw her in. There was also something vaguely familiar about them. Her eyes scanned the room, "This bed is amazing did you make it?" she questioned referring to the posts and frame.

"Do you have a T'shirt i can borrow?" She knew it would be like a dress on her. Roomy and comfortable and allow her to sleep better. Of course if he took the one he had on off she wouldn't object. She closed her eyes tight as she scolded herself, reminding herself the last thing she needed was to get involved with anyone.
 
Watching her eat the toast he'd given her as a meager dinner AJ got lost in his own thoughts. She'd probably asked him a few questions while all he did was watch her eat, the fact that AJ was watching so intently on something so benign could have been alarming if indeed she hadn't had her brain scrambled by the concussion. MJ was attractive, not doubt, and the brightness of her emerald green eyes gave him the impression that there was a deep fire behind them. He found himself somewhat mesmerized for a moment thinking about less than honorable decisions, sudden movements and thoughts that he'd tried to push into the recesses of him mind over the long months and many years he'd been here. It had been sometime since he'd had the company of a woman, and even longer still since he's had any intimacy. So the fact that MJ was attractive began to undermind his better judgment on how to act. Finally putting himself in check, AJ remembered something about not staring at a woman while she's eating and diverted his gaze and with a shake of his head, AJ went over a summary of her injuries.

"About your... injuries, I tried to preserve as much of your modesty as I could while trying to make sure you were unhurt, I think over all are going to be fine, but you will be sore for a while, especially your shoulder where the seat belt activated, The airbag deployed, which was a good thing (something he hadn't really mentioned earlier) so you have just a couple scrapes on your face, nothing that won't fade in a few days.Your hip however might develop a good knot on it, as well as your knees, but only time will tell. Thankfully though your concussion, it's pretty light. so it should pass in a few days too. Till then, really rest is your best option. I can say with certainty, you have no broken bones or internal injuries that I could find. the snow cushioned your impact.. and well those trees gave better than I would have expected."

Whe was speaking he noted that MJ just kept on talking, a sure sign she was a bit wobbly, and at the mention of his bed he joked with her,

"Thanks. I pride myself on my seamstress abilities. had all the parts and pieces shipped in and built it right here in my bed room. took just a couple hours." He smiled, and grinned at her while he admitted the truth. "The bed frame I made, along with a couple Adirondack chairs out on the deck, but the mattress is a sleep number... can't take credit for that. But so long as you are staying here you are welcome to it, I'll sleep out on my couch, she's may not look like much but I've fallen asleep there more than a few times. The old codger you met, Jake as crashed there a few times when the weather didn't cooperate."

He thought again to the bad news he was going to have to give her, she'd mentioned fixing him a meal as a thank you, but he'd kind of lost track of what she was saying. her chaotic train of thought taking him right along with it. Normally AJ was unflappable, not one to be stutter or shy away from a tough situation, but for whatever reason he was all thumbs at the moment. As MJ asked another question he came out of his thoughts and caught the last bit of it.

"T-Shirt?" AJ asked "Oh.. I yea.."

Quickly, while probably too quickly AJ slipped off the bed and found one of his County Fire Dept t-shirts that was of a more comfortable cotton bend from a stack of of folded clothes on his dresser. It would be a dress on her, a certain, probably a short dress. Tossing it on the bed for MJ,

AJ's face became more concerned as he knew he'd have to break the next part to her quickly. before she stayed here too much longer. and in his "all thumbs" demanor at the moment he stumbled on his words more so than he'd done in the last 10 years of his life.

"MJ, there's something you need to know, but I don't want to alarm you. Believe me the worlds not going to blow up and the Apocalypse is not coming. Just.. when you've got your shirt on come on out to the living room, it's easier to see it than for me to tell you."
 
MJ was going to reply ‘with the amount of times I’ve been in the hospital I lost all sense of modesty.’ Instead she nodded and smiled. “I appreciate the care you gave. I was lucky that someone with medical knowledge was the one that found me.” Her life hadn’t been filled with roses and daisies. Still with years of therapy behind her the nightmares haunted her. It was something she had grown accustom to. Though thinking upon it she thought she had heard his voice, and it was like a soft breeze blew the nightmare away.

She smiled when he said he prided himself on his seamstress abilities and gave another light chuckle. “I’ll have to remember you have them” she teased. “This is incredible work on the posts and frame, You could definitely make a small fortune off this. If you have the time I may commission some from you. I’m going to be ordering that mattress that’s for certain.”

“I feel bad about you sleeping on the couch. I’m sure I will be find on my own. It’s not my …I’m use to taking care of myself I mean. As soon as you say the concussion is safe I’ll be on my way.” It wasn’t her first concussion. She was aware of the dangers of them. But because of his kindness she wasn’t going to be argumentative and insist on leaving.

Taking the t’Shirt she held it up and examined it. She nodded when he asked her to come to the living room “okay Thank you for the shirt” she called as he left her alone. The first thing she did was hold his shirt up to her nose and inhale the scent of his laundry detergent. Taking off her bra was a bit painful. She gritted her teeth and managed, too prideful to ask for help. His shirt fit her like a loose dress. It was light weight and comfortable.

Slowly she began moving herself to try to get off the bed. Her body had begun to tighten and with every moment causing more pain. Between her hip and her knee she could barely stand. She growled and tried to take a step. Baby steps, one after another until she reached the door. It was excruciating. Tears streamed down her cheek as she got the door open. Holding on to the door frame and taking a glimse of his strong shoulders back and yes of course his ass. She took a deep breath. “I Can’t go any further” she managed to whimper.
 
Turning, he caught sight of MJ at the doorway. She was a bit of a mess.

"Oh shit.. I'm so sorry.." Rushing to her, AJ gathered her in his arms and picked her up, carrying her through the doorway into the living room.

Nodding forward, he said. "This is what I wanted you to see" His voice didn't carey dread in it, just a sort of matter of fact acceptance.

the storm, which at first when they'd arrived was a touch of flurries.. now, the flakes were massive, and coming down in waves. AJ's house was two stories, his kitchen, living room and master bedroom were on the main level, and the living room had massive floor to ceiling windows that brought in every ounce of natural light nature could provide. At the moment though, it looked like those windows were an invisible barrier keeping out a storm of which nobody in their right mind would ever venture out into.

"I'm sorry MJ, it looks like you are stuck with me for a while."

Walking over to the couch he gathered his laptop to them as he kept MJ in his lap. He didn't know why he did this, maybe for her comfort, or... because of the increasing attraction to her. The fact remained that he was suspicious of her, but the more and more he'd seen what she'd endured, the scars on her body, the less and less he could find justification for malice. He was approaching acceptance.but not quite there. AJ showed her the weather map he'd pulled up, the storm was massive, and from the size of it, mother nature was going to dump feet, not inches on the area displayed.

"I know you were planning on heading somewhere once your concussion cleared, but.. we could be stuck here for a while."
 
Oh my god She was so relieved when he picked her up. Placing her arms around his neck she lay her head upon his shoulder. "It's not your fault, I should have asked for help" she muttered in response to his apology.

This was the first time she was fully awake and able to take in his house. It appeared from looking out the window they were on the main floor. The snow was coming down so thick she could barely see anything past it. He then took her back to the couch leaving her on his lap as he showed her the weather.

"I was just trying to get to the cabin I bought before the storms hit. I moved from New Jersey, and drove straight through. Probably a fool move, considering the shape i'm in because of it." She sighed leaving out the reason she moved. "I've got my typewriter, so i'll try to stay out of your hair. I'm an author, still feels weird saying that. But i'm working on my second book in a series."

There was something absolutely serene and peaceful about sitting on his lap and keeping her head against his shoulder. The sound of her voice was soothing, his wise cracks were amusing, and it didn't hurt that he smelled delicious. But more then anything, it was the fact she felt safe. Even with her ex husband she had always felt that she was walking on egg shells with his mood changes. Though until she told him no she wouldn't write that article he'd never laid a hand on her.

"Well you did say I needed to rest, and it's apparent that I can't walk at the moment. You think three days or so?" Sure they had blizzards in Jersey, but that was not mountain weather. Their rough snow was Montana's light snow in the mountains. This was worse then a regular storm.
 
"MJ, don't worry about being in my way, it'll be nice to have company for once."

Motioning toward her typewriter sitting next to the front door where he'd left it, He commented

"Now it makes sense as to why you asked me to save that monstrosity."

He was playing in dangerous water, and the longer he had her in his home, the deeper it was going to get. If it came up, he'd face the music, and try like hell to resolve the issue. and it felt like a ton of bricks weighing him down.

Facing MJ he told her the honest truth, "Three days if we are lucky. I've got provisions to last us at least 2 weeks comfortably, 2 months if we play it smart. But that won't happen. I'd say 3 days at least, 5 to 7 tops. We'll keep your pain at bay by moderating Advil and Tylenol, beyond that a good hot shower and lots of rest will help. I don't have a bathtub, but the shower is fantastic.."

AJ thought about that for a moment, finding out for certain what she looked like completely naked under his shirt. He could kind of make out her nipples against the fabric of the shirt but didn't want to think too much about that, despite the thought of finding out how sweet she tasted.. how she sounded during sex.. he had to stop.. or she'd feel him growing under her.. and that would get awkward.

"Also, If you need to call anyone back in Jersey, let me know, I may be roughing it a bit out here, but I'm not lacking in technology to keep us connected."

He was about to say that his inheritance had helped build this house, and that they'd be fine. hell he had a satellite phone charged and ready If need be. And if they had to get her to safety, he'd haul out the monster in the garage. But with all that being said, the safest plan was to sit tight, relax and let nature do as she may. They were safer there than almost anywhere else.

Pointing at her typewriter, AJ commented, "I did manage to also get your overnight bag out of your car too. I have a lot of spare clothes in my house, but no... how can I put this, 'female' products."

He'd elaborate, but didn't think it would be a wise idea.
 
"I'll have you know that monstrosity is a life saver."She scolded "It's also a vintage 1923 Corona no3. One of the best typewriters ever made. Unlike most of society i never touched a computer except for at school when I learned how to type, and college. I wrote everything on this. It was my salvation in many many ways. You may address her as Madame LaKey in the future" She gave him a smirk lightly nudging him.

"I am afraid that i'm at your mercy then. I know I have a months supply of food at my cabin. But as I don't know where I am, or hell even where that is from here. I'd be happy to give you the key if you want to go raid it for supplies before it gets much worse. Or you could just drop me there... Any Alcohol to help with the pain?" she added hoping to get the edge off a little more the Advil or Tylenol.

Her body stiffened when he mentioned New Jersey and giving anyone a call. God no, her mind went chaotic for a moment trying to remember if she removed her ex husbands name from any and everything. Even her novels were written with her maiden name. Her heart rate increased from the internal panic as her mind raced to ensure there was nothing. Once she was was satisfied she forced a smile. "no i'm good thanks."

"Oh thank you" she replied to her overnight bag. "No worries in the overnight bag, I promise to try and keep the beast at bay. But if it's only a week at most I think you're safe from having to endure the craziness." she teased him lightly as her mind still coming down from her almost panic attack.

Oh how she wished he would run his hands over her body. To feel those hands massaging her breasts and thighs and every place in between. She blushed lightly feeling her self get aroused. 'nope must stop that, no need for a man, you're a successful independent woman. oh but he feels so good. nope not going to happen, he doesn't need to be weighed down with your bag of crazy shit'.

"Could I trouble you take me back to bed. I am starting to feel light headed and i don't want to be rude and fall asleep on you. You wouldn't happen to have a heating pad, and be a masseuse too would you?"
 
AJ couldn't help but belly laugh about her typewriter. He raised his hands in mock surrender, knowing that there are just some prized possessions that people will not get rid of. When she mentioned her typewriter's age.. his eyes widened a little.

"It'll be my honor to have Madame LaKey in my home. Any typewiter that was born in 1923 and still working was invented by geniuses who didn't give a damn about money, only about quality."

At the comments about her stamina, AJ was a little imbarrased, he was for a moment thinking she'd keep him company out in the living room. Instead he knew he'd better not. He'd have to inquire about her book sometime, and as the thought passed from his mind, carefully, AJ picked up his laptop closed it and put it in her hands, then just as quickly picked her up and carried her back to the bedroom, deftly turning off the lights in the living room as he headed back.

AJ thought of her request, regarding a heating pad and a masseuse as he carefully placed her back on her side of the bed. Slipping her legs beneath the covers he swept her hair away from her face in a more affectionate physical motion than he'd probably intended. "The bed's pad should help keep you warm along with the heavy comforter, regarding that masseuse.. we'll talk about that later."

Once she was tucked in, AJ gathered a few things from his bedroom and headed for the door. Turning back, he spoke in a tone of voice that was much softer than he'd intended.

"Do you mind if I stay.. It's a big bed, and..well if you need something I'll be closer.."

It was risky asking, but his reasons for staying were justifiable. At least he thought so...
 
She couldn't help but smile widely as he referred to her typewriter by name. "That's the thing about vintage items. They were made by people who had pride in their work. Much like your craftsmanship."

My god he was sexy when he surrendered. Once again she had to shake her head. Was it wrong that she wanted this mans hands all over her? 'yes it is' the renouncing voice in her head that guarded her many steal walls bellowed. 'but' 'no buts, he'll be good until what, he throws you through the glass window?' 'he's not like that' 'you don't know that' 'yes i do i feel safe with him'.

Coming out of the argument of her head she realized she was being tucked into bed. How could she miss him carrying her into bed? The sensual sweeping of hair from her face made a soft mew sound come from her lips and snap out of it as she said "hmm?, Oh um no i didn't want the heating pad for warmth, i thought it would be good for my hip or knee."

She watched him gather his things and practically purred, though managed not to at least out loud. "No I don't mind" 'yes you do' the voice in her head responded. Ignoring it she patted the bed. She almost said "your body heat will be welcome" but didn't.

As long as a part of their bodies touched the nightmares stayed at bay. A touch or a soft word from him would be all it took during the night for her to calm. At one point she would have laid an arm upon him, or even laid her head upon his chest as they slept. For some reason, she couldn't be close enough to him.
 
AJ took her reply as a good sign, the couch out in the main room was as he'd said, comfortable and he had fallen asleep on it more than a few times. However he'd never quite felt comfortable falling asleep out there, something about having an empty bed waiting for him that he'd spent so much money on, he couldn't justify not dragging his ass the 50 feet down the short hallway to his bedroom.

Walking over to the left side of the bed he realized how sparse this side was, Living alone he'd never thought to buy a second beside table, never thought of a lamp or anything else on that side. He'd always been a right side of the bed sleeper, and felt out of place over on this side. Looking over at MJ as she slept,she was still restless, and he could see one or two of the circular scars where they'd faded.. Whoever the cruel bastard was who'd done that to her, hopefully they were somewhere paying for it. No matter what she'd done to him, nobody deserved to wear scars like that.

His sleep was not as he'd call it, 'restful' he made a point to try and wake up every few hours to check on MJ. He'd still been concerned about her concussion especially since she was having such intense nightmares. AJ didn't come from that sort of background, but his training on how to help a victim cope during an accident, and being an EMT/Paramedic did help. What was making it tough on AJ, was their proximity. He was finding himself getting drawn to her when he shouldn't be. AJ eventually fell asleep sometime in the night, and as he was turned on his side facing MJ as she slept, somehow the two of them got curled into each other. For a moment, AJ wanted to fight it and move. Instead, he pulled MJ into him, allowed her to rest her head against his chest as he nuzzled in to her hair.

"I'm thinking about this too much.." AJ thought to himself. In the morning he'd make them breakfast, whatever came next.. he'd deal with.
 
Last edited:
MJ was use to getting little sleep. But when she awoke, she felt a sense of fulfillment from her nights rest. She was warm, and cozy. Her fingers moved slightly feeling the soft skin of Apple Jax's back and the familiar scent of his detergent that lingered on his flesh.. Her eyes opened to find her head laying upon his chest, listening to the thumping of his heart.

Her leg pinned between his as his arms were wrapped around her keeping her safe. Closing her eyes once again, she reveled in the strange feeling of being at home. Home, now that was a strange concept for her. Even when she lived with her husband she never felt at home. Perhaps that should have told her something, then again until being here with him she never felt that overwhelming peace.

As she moved her leg a little the pain from her hip shot up her body. "ow ow ow" She tried to mute her ow's so they wouldn't wake him. She didn't want him to move. This was right where she wanted to be. Pulling her head up a little she got a slight view of his chest. 'Wow' she thought loudly and carefully laid her head back down. Her fingers couldn't help but move lightly over his back. Reveling in the texture and his muscles.

If he stirred she's stop moving. For the moment she just wasn't willing to not be in his arms.
 
AJ let out a slight murmur..."mmmmmmmmm" as he could feel her hands move, the stop.

the subtle touch had an effect on him, and while if he was awake he'd have prevented his body's natural reaction to such a gentle touch, instead, he was in that awake, but not awake state. His eyes peaked open and could see MJ right in front of him. They'd some how entangled themselves in the night, just as he heard MJ murmur in pain.

slightly moving his own hand to the small of her back pulling MJ just a smidge as he inched an eye open.

"Don't even think about moving missy, you'll push me into a cold spot.. and I'm cozy right here.." A smile crept across his face as his eyes opened fully, taking in her morning beauty..

"how'd you sleep?"
 
MJ smiled lightly as he spoke. Glad that he didn't push her away and regret climbing into bed with her. The smudge closer pull was nice and she wiggled lightly against his body. "mm" she said keeping her eyes closed. "But I want your warm spot"she teased pulling the covers up around them. For a moment it was if this was their normal routine. As if they were already lovers, and just waking after a passionate night of making love.

How long had it been since she'd been with a man? She had tried dating after her ex husband, and only had sex with one man in four years. Could it have really been that long? Her nether regions practically screamed 'Yes now jump him'.

"I can honestly say that I slept better then I have in some time. Though my hip and knee are throbbing. I can feel the bruise from the seat-belt, and my ribs hurt. So don't you move Mr. cause i'm comfy here" Her warning was again laced with a tease. Couldn't' they just stay in bed like this all day? 'Hello MJ, he's not your man, he's just helping you out. Don't be one of those clingy girls. You can't handle a relationship anyway, too much baggage.'

"By the way, when I leave i'm stealing your bed. So if it goes missing, well you were told" she giggled lightly before adding an "ow"
 
AJ just snorted at her threat..

"You sure are bossy, do you talk to everyone like this? Or am I the lucky one because you know I can't kick your butt out into the snow?" He said it with a wry smile.

"If you manage to get this massive bed out of my house all on your own and in your condition, then I guess you've earned it.

AJ leaned back just a bit, pulling MJ with him, their closeness and their verbal sparing had awakened a bit of an urge within him. He thought about giving her ass a slight tap, but that would be borderline risking getting slapped. And while he did share his bed with her, that did not give him permission to molest her in anyway. No.. AJ was probably too honorable for his own good. He'd think and dream about pulling her up and on to his growing manhood, she'd know it was due to her and they'd gradually endeavor to explore their more primal, carnal needs. The sound of MJ giving a slight wince reminded him that she was still really in no shape to do much, except rest.. which gave him another idea.. he'd do all the work, she could lay back enjoy.. and blissfully soak his sheets in sweat and coat his bed in the smell of sex. The idea of sex would be out of the question, at least until she was in physically better shape, but pleasuring her orally... Slipping under the sheets and opening her athletic thighs pulling her panties to the side and hearing her moan in pleasure made his desire for her unexpectedly grow even more.

AJ realized this and was immediately embarrassed by it, the fact that with MJ's location she's have to know her current position was having a growing effect on him. He thought it best to get up, but..that would just expose him for sure.

How would he explain this, "Oh thanks for sleeping in my bed with me.. and by the way that 's me poking you in the ribs.." Only if his intention was to get slapped. Especially with his record with women.

Instead he tried to distract himself the only way he knew how. concentrating on her health, not getting into her panties.

"MJ.. I really should get you some tylenol or Advil.. We need to stay ahead of your pain and manage it... Besides.. are you hungry?"
 
Last edited:
Mj laughed again with a "ow" mixed in. "I'm a woman, we push and push and push until men push back, if they dare" she grinned. She loved how natural it felt when he'd pull her with him. She was anticipating a slap on the ass, but it never came. Nope Apple Jax was going to be a gentleman. That in its self was a rarity. 'need to keep this one' 'you're to much and he doesn't need your baggage in his nice serene life' her voices argued.

Even though she could feel his rising admiration beneath her, she knew her voice was right. He didn't deserve to be saddled with her boat of bat shit, that came alone with her. "yeah, yeah, food and Tylenol would be good thanks." It was a somber tone her voice took as it finally occurred to her, this thing, this connection she had with him. It could never happen. She needed to just get better and leave.

It wasn't like she didn't want it to. But it wasn't fair to bring this amount of baggage to someones door and say okay here i am, deal with all this too. She was surprised he hadn't mentioned the nightmares. But then he wouldn't would he. He was just that kind of guy. With effort she removed her limbs so he could get out of bed.

The moment the bed bounced back from the lack of his weight she would feel the loss. It was just silly that someone she had only known for a day could have this much of an impact on her. This was just another reason that she shouldn't get close to him. The hole this man was capable of ripping in heart when he left because of her craziness.. well that was just too much of a risk.
 
Sorry MJ, I'll be right back.. He made the attempt to hide his situation by the way he was walking, trying to deftly put his hand in just the right place.. Of course if she already knew, she'd get a good laugh at his awkwardness.

He really didn't want to leave that bed, didn't want to just cut the sexual attraction between them with a butcher knife but what other options did he have really? So how would he approach her about it? "Hey MJ, I know you fucked me over 12 years ago, wanna fuck a few times to make up for it?"

He felt like an ass just saying it to himself.

AJ made the quick walk to his bathroom to retrieve meds for MJ, he asked himself why he didn't just leave it in the bed room? "Cause you are a creature of habit... that's why."

Looking over to MJ, he sat on the edge of the bed, handing her 3 tablets, and the water bottle off the side table.

AJ spoke quickly, saying what was on his mind.
"So.. what can I eat you for breakfast?"

"Ah... I mean, what can I get you for breakfast."

With a smile he hoped she wouldn't notice his Freudian slip.. who was he kidding.. the idea of sitting her up on his kitchen table and finding out what she tasted like was becoming a common theme..
 
When she thought she was on the verge of tears he walked back in and she forced a smile. He sat and gave her the pills and water. She took them with a light thank you and swallowed. When he made his statement "what can i eat you for breakfast" she gave a chuckle and gripped her rib again. "you must stop making me laugh Mr. Apple Jax." She teased. The Freudian slip had managed to escape her notice and just brushed it off as him being half awake.

"It sounds like you're in need of coffee." she mused as he corrected his statement. In her life there were times she was lucky to have food at all. So she excepted whatever she was given and in return it expanded her palette. "I'm not picky, whatever is easy for you, I don't want you to have to go out of your way any more then you already have."

She was glad he hadn't asked to check her injuries again. The thought of his hands touching her body was more friction then she could handle. She would probably say 'ooh lower', or 'oh god yes take me now'. She wanted to invite him back to bed for more cuddling. Once he was gone to make breakfast it took all her will power not to grab his pillow and smell it.

She wondered if she could rub one out just from the memory of his ass walking away. And his erection, oh she hadn't missed it when he left her the first time, she had felt it, and wanted to feel it pulsating with in her tender lips, probing into her depths.

Shaking her head she repeated to herself, 'he don't do this, it's not fair to him'
 
AJ scrunched up his face as she commented about being some sort of burden on him.

"Put me out? where am I gonna go? not like even superman would go flying in this weather. I mean unless.. oh never mind.. "

He then walked out to the kitchen, and started up some coffee, doubling the amount he'd normally make simply in case it was one of those days where, due to the weather outside, coffee just added to the effect of keeping someone warm.

As the coffee brewed up, AJ took a look in his sparse pantry and in his fridge. He wasn't much of a cook, but he could whip up some bacon and eggs on the risk that she wasn't a vegetarian they'd be well fed. He had some deer meat and steaks in the deep freeze but, well that would tide them over only if she was a meat eater. He had to ask her that and padded quietly back to the bedroom doorway as he noticed her subtly shaking her head. Whatever internal war was going on with in MJ, he wanted in on it.

He wanted to reach out, seeing the scars on her body, the abuse she'd been through and just say it, blow up the bomb that could kill them both before it got so big it could make her so desperate she'd want to leave. But how would she react? On impulse, AJ walked over pulled the covers open and scooted in next to her not allowing her to protest.

He said nothing, he only looked her in the eyes brushed the hair from her face, and in the gentlest way he could, he kissed her on the forehead. Pulling her to him, resting her head on his chest and in the most informal way, he gave her physical permission to hold on.. release whatever was weighing her down. He knew what that was like, it got so bad that if it had been concrete, he'd have sinked to the bottom of the Hudson River.

"MJ, whatever drove you from Jersey in that prius, must have been pretty serious. I'm not a complex person, I have some baggage myself that drove me out here but I'm finally coming to grips with it after twelve years. I know one thing, the more you hide from your problems the more they will eventually weigh you down so much that they will drag you to the bottom of the sea."

He paused, simply so she could digest what he just said, then started to speak again softly, and with as much empathy in his voice as he could find which was far more than he'd ever allowed himself to be with anyone he'd met in Montana, or back home. And, he was finally figuring out why he was attracted to her, and why he was now so quick to forgive her for what had been done so long ago. She, like him was running from something. Only he'd run long ago. and now she was. If someone had taken the opportunity to talk some sense in to him long ago he'd have probably decked them, but in MJ's case, he had the opportunity to heal not just her physical wounds, but both of their mental wounds.

"The coffee wills stay warm, and breakfast can wait. it's not like we are going anywhere, or have anyone waiting on us. Tell me, what drove you from Jersey. I can only suspect that whatever it was, you were running so fast, so desperate to get away that you nearly killed yourself to get away. It drove you to me. I don't believe in luck,well not really, I don't even believe in fate, or religion.."

Looking down into her emerald eyes, he spoke a little softer. "What I do believe is, I'm here to help you. You are safe here, and I'll do whatever I can to make sure you feel safe here. release some of that weight. You can hit me for it later."

His last comment was hopefully drawing a smile to her face. A little humility normally goes a long way.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top