Democrats negotiate on immigration in good faith for 17 years

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Republican Jeff Flake. “I can tell you I’ve been negotiating and working with the Democrats on immigration for 17 years,” he said on This Week. “And the Democrats are negotiating in good faith.”

Why did Tonald Drump derail the DACA talks, with "shithole" distraction ?

All of this stuff happened last Thursday, two days after Trump’s televised session on Tuesday morning designed to prove that he’s not an idiot. Unfortunately, in that Tuesday meeting Sen. Dianne Feinstein tricked him into showing that he is, in fact, an idiot who has no idea what his own party’s position on immigration is. It’s not clear to me if Feinstein meant to do this, but it happened. Everyone in the world picked up on it and mocked Trump’s obvious dimwittedness.

This is, needless to say, something that Trump can’t abide. My guess is that by Wednesday he had already decided to sabotage the negotiations and then blame it on Democrats, all as retribution against liberals for making fun of him. Stephen Miller may have played a role too, but I’ll bet Trump was the driving force.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...ion-deal-because-democrats-made-him-look-bad/

gsgs comment- As the little girl has asked, "Why not have both ?"

Tonald Drump gets revenge, and the satisfaction of fucking over everyone concerned, and the Republicans and Drump trash the negotiations.

Sens. Lindsey Graham and Dick Durbin showed up for last week’s meeting with Trump, they were blindsided by the presence of a bunch of Republican immigration hardliners. “That was obviously designed by Stephen Miller to try to kill the deal,” said a senior Democratic aide.


Tonald Drump's promise to his base, to get rid of minorities, benefits Wall St. investors

Behind the Potemkin Facade of ridding America of bad hombres, and rapists, drug dealers, violent criminals ?

I.C.E agents are arresting harmless, productive, working people, that have done everything that the American government has asked of them. They are going through the process to become legal. That means there is an electronic paper trail, that leads I.C.E agents straight to them. Easy to find. Not hardened criminals, and easy to arrest.America's racist justice system insures that minority members will have minor run-ins with the law. That leaves an electronic paper trail to follow.

What will happen to the young people, that are Dreamers ?

Corporations are drooling over young people that are not American born, that they can deposit in their private prisons. Young people are highly desired, most profitable prisoners. Corporations will be getting tax payer dollars to house them, feed them.



Lately, immigration activists have been getting arrested.


As it is, undocumented immigrants are getting forced to provide "voluntary labor" in prison.



It would be a money-losing enterprise if they had to pay the people to operate this facility under the current contract.” (Given that the Department of Homeland Security pays an average of $126.46 per day to detain one immigrant, that may not be a stretch.)

So how does the company get away with it? The “dollar a day” policy dates back to 1978, when Congress passed an appropriations bill funding voluntary detainee work programs, says Jacqueline Stevens, the head of Northwestern University’s Deportation Research Clinic, whose research on detainee labor informed the 2014 suit. But that was before the rise of private prison companies, she adds—and it was initially implemented in government-run facilities, not those run by for-profit companies beholden to shareholders. “GEO’s privately held, so there’s an extra concern that they may be exploiting people in a way an institution run by the federal government would not be,” Stevens explains.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/geo-forced-labor-lawsuit/
 
Bill Clinton holds the single-season records for deportations and signed-off on 245(i) and (j)
Barack Obama holds the career record.
Both, along with HRC, are on public, video record of condemning undocumented immigrants and immigration (using the exact same logic and arguments that Trump is presently using, if not his language) and making promises to go after them.

As far as I'm concerned, the Dems shouldn't even be discussing the issue of undocumented immigration and immigrants until they do both of two things:
-confess and apologize for their sins of the past, and
-atone for their past sins by publicly promoting amnesty-for-all as a central priority and part of their Party platform. No bullshit, piecemeal DACA or 'Dreamer' crap. We want the whole shebang. They owe it to us.
 
Back
Top