Illinois friends!

Well it is a good thing I decided to cover my ass and put notes at both locations for the fed ex guy. Through no fault of theirs, one package was delivered to the correct address and one to the old address. Yet another Verizon employee did a half assed job. She knew I had two orders but only send fed ex the address change on one...

Well, that sucks, but good call on your part.

I have the same issue with the USPS. My address comes up invalid in a lot of online forms, so I double checked it with the USPS and they said it's correct. So, explain to me why I still do not get half of my mail?? I live in a small town, we have 2 carriers that rotate out, one person can do the route in a day.

Really?!

Weird! I had never run into anything like that until just the other day. All I know is it was a serious headache dealing with Verizon this time around.

Weird! I had never run into anything like that until just the other day. All I know is it was a serious headache dealing with Verizon this time around.

It is weird.

The building I live in use to be a warehouse, it was converted to apartments about 10 years ago. When doing the conversion, the way they broke the building up into addresses is odd. My apartment in on the second floor, along with one other apartment. The landlord's office is below, but he uses it primarily as storage. His street address is 205, but mine is 205 1/2. It's odd, and most of the time the mailperson can't be bothered to open the door to put our mail in the box, and instead, puts it under the office door below.

It is weird.

The building I live in use to be a warehouse, it was converted to apartments about 10 years ago. When doing the conversion, the way they broke the building up into addresses is odd. My apartment in on the second floor, along with one other apartment. The landlord's office is below, but he uses it primarily as storage. His street address is 205, but mine is 205 1/2. It's odd, and most of the time the mailperson can't be bothered to open the door to put our mail in the box, and instead, puts it under the office door below.

Yeah some mail people are just too lazy to do their job. We have a mailman that shoves stuff in our mail box that is too big but he crams it in an doesnt walk it up to the door like he is suppose to. He ruined the binding on a book i had ordered and has broke then mailbox ocne.

Well, that sucks, but good call on your part.

I have the same issue with the USPS. My address comes up invalid in a lot of online forms, so I double checked it with the USPS and they said it's correct. So, explain to me why I still do not get half of my mail?? I live in a small town, we have 2 carriers that rotate out, one person can do the route in a day.

So what part of illinois do you live in Photograph?

I once had a UPS guy not even attempt to deliver the package, he just walked to the door with the "missed you" sticker. I was sitting in my living room watching him, and he didn't even ring the doorbell or knock. I called and complained vociferously.

I once had a UPS guy not even attempt to deliver the package, he just walked to the door with the "missed you" sticker. I was sitting in my living room watching him, and he didn't even ring the doorbell or knock. I called and complained vociferously.
Wile E, I am certain that you were extremely eloquently vociferous, with an appropriate use of your extensive vocabulary that they probably did not even understand.

almost

If the Missisippi River ran straighht north to south I would be in IL instead of Iowa.......any mature ladies in north west IL. should still hit me up for a chat!! I am a sweetheart of a guy willing to cross a stateline!!

Yeah some mail people are just too lazy to do their job. We have a mailman that shoves stuff in our mail box that is too big but he crams it in an doesnt walk it up to the door like he is suppose to. He ruined the binding on a book i had ordered and has broke then mailbox ocne.

I would have been livid. Forget about ordering any packages here, UPS and FedEx both have issues finding it, even though there is a sign that states the door leads to the 1/2 address...*sigh*

Oh, and I'm in central Illinois.

I've never had any trouble getting things delivered here, although I sometimes get mail for someone else at my address. Which is really weird, since the house was built just about 20 years ago and no else has lived here.
Our mail lady finds our house, but only once every 2 or 3 days. She's usually pretty drunk by the time she gets around to us, and I think some days she just gives up and goes home.

I've never had any trouble getting things delivered here, although I sometimes get mail for someone else at my address. Which is really weird, since the house was built just about 20 years ago and no else has lived here.

I get mail for other people all the time, but that's to be expected living in an apartment. I just do not get my mail, despite filing 2 separate change of address forms with the post office.

I would have been livid. Forget about ordering any packages here, UPS and FedEx both have issues finding it, even though there is a sign that states the door leads to the 1/2 address...*sigh*

Oh, and I'm in central Illinois.

Oh we were, the post office paid to replace the mail box. and also we got him in so much trouble for cramming stuff in the mail box and all, the post master told him if he got another complaint or broke another mailbox he would be suspended for like a week or 2.

I live near Decatur. I read one of your threads, bummer your married. "sigh";)

Good morning, Illinois friends! Bit too cold to walk down to the BP for gossip today....

Our mail lady finds our house, but only once every 2 or 3 days. She's usually pretty drunk by the time she gets around to us, and I think some days she just gives up and goes home.
That's funny! When I lived in Fla. The mail guy used to stop in the local bar at 2:00 for a quick one, if I wanted my mail early I could meet him there and get it. Gave me an excuse for an afternoon beer!

That's funny! When I lived in Fla. The mail guy used to stop in the local bar at 2:00 for a quick one, if I wanted my mail early I could meet him there and get it. Gave me an excuse for an afternoon beer!
You mean he waited til 2? Lol...I'm pretty sure she starts with breakfast!

He got fired after about 6 months of that, I heard he got a DUI in the Postal truck....
Yeah, ours probably should be...but small town, nobody turns her in. Luckily, she's a slow drunk...she's probably moving at about 5 mph by the time late morning hits.

Thinking it might be warm enough to walk uptown after all!

Going for a walk actually sounds like a good idea. For whatever reason, I've been toying with the idea of going on some sort of road trip lately.

temp

Yeah its a little cold outside, then again i am always rolling up my sleeves and going outside, helps cool off.

Back