Congratulations to President Obama!

Which indicates some of the candidates should have been more politically savvy in their pronouncements than even the pundants.

I wonder if any of the professional Republican strategists have any hair left to pull.
Pubic hairs. To be plucked out one by one, because there's going to be a long time a-coming of hair-pulling and they'll have to make them last.

Pubic hairs. To be plucked out one by one, because there's going to be a long time a-coming of hair-pulling and they'll have to make them last.

Faux News, Rush, Beck, et al should take the blame for the loss. They were not truthful with their listeners. When the numbers were showing that Romney was losing ground, even after that first debate, they kept up the "He's got momentum" crap.

Faux News, Rush, Beck, et al should take the blame for the loss. They were not truthful with their listeners. When the numbers were showing that Romney was losing ground, even after that first debate, they kept up the "He's got momentum" crap.
They should admit to lying about the progress of the campaign, but the candidates shot themselves in every foot they had.

They should admit to lying about the progress of the campaign, but the candidates shot themselves in every foot they had.

Is it me, or did Faux et al appear to be like Kevin Bacon's character in "Animal House"

"Remain calm. All is well."

Is it me, or did Faux et al appear to be like Kevin Bacon's character in "Animal House"

"Remain calm. All is well."
I didn't watch faux -- not once, this entire year. But you must be right, because of the shock and surprise so many faux-watchers are displaying now.

I didn't watch faux -- not once, this entire year. But you must be right, because of the shock and surprise so many faux-watchers are displaying now.

I watch it here and there, especially after Akin's words came out. It's like watching the conservative version of Sesame Street, dumbed down word usage.

If you're going to pretend you have me on ignore, it's really not that smart to quote me. :D

Faux News, Rush, Beck, et al should take the blame for the loss. They were not truthful with their listeners.

Tilt. Their listeners were hearing exactly what they went to Limbaugh and Beck to hear. (Of course it's the same on the other side of the spectrum as well).

Repeated statements of "Me gotta go get a gun while I still can" is remaining calm? :rolleyes:

This despite Obama's position on gun control not being anything close to shutting down gun sales (unless you are a criminal or just plain nuts--and maybe that's the problem those "gonna go get a gun" advocates are worried about. :D) (http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Obama/Gun-Control.php)

The blonde news readers on Faux were Kevin Bacon. As to Rush, Glen, and other venom-spweing liars, you're probably right. I don't listen to non-sports talk radio. It's blubbering.

If you're going to pretend you have me on ignore, it's really not that smart to quote me. : D
:D
I can view any post I want to, there's a link. Since you've been acting kinda reasonable in this thread, I don't mind clicking-- but if you're about to go into your narcissistic solo tango, I can stop paying attention.

You can certainly put me back on ignore as you like, Stella. I pretty much stay the same in my posting perspective. And it never ceases to amuse me that you seem to think that folks feel disenfranchised somehow when you put them on ignore.

The really fun thing is that I actually do have you on ignore. And yet I find myself taking some of the threads off ignore to see what you (and some others I have on ignore as well) have to say. It makes it more click burdensome, of course, but it gives me that "do I really want to take the time for that nonsense" little check before I decide whether to go through those extra steps.

There are days that just aren't Stella, Lovecraft, LanceGT, Scouries, Amicus, Trysail, or Zeb days for me.

You miss hearing lotsa Democrats by dissing Fox. Every silly shit on your team blabbers nonsense over on Fox. Even Obama made an appearance.

You can certainly put me back on ignore as you like, Stella. I pretty much stay the same in my posting perspective. And it never ceases to amuse me that you seem to think that folks feel disenfranchised somehow when you put them on ignore.

The really fun thing is that I actually do have you on ignore. And yet I find myself taking some of the threads off ignore to see what you (and some others I have on ignore as well) have to say. It makes it more click burdensome, of course, but it gives me that "do I really want to take the time for that nonsense" little check before I decide whether to go through those extra steps.

There are days that just aren't Stella, Lovecraft, LanceGT, Scouries, Amicus, Trysail, or Zeb days for me.

I'm on your ignore? You lying sack of shit, you respond to practically everything I say.

Or am I on ignore, but you just keep clicking "view post"

Guess I'm under your skin after all. But then again, I already knew that.

I am impressed with the majority of the responses to this thread and the one that impressed me the most was the one about women carrying the vote in this election in reaction to the prospect of losing their reproductive rights. I am past child-bearing years, but my daughter is not, and I simply was not willing to have those rights taken away after so much work to institute them in the first place. As a third generation Californian Democrat, I voted for Obama both times, and did my best to convince any Romney-leaning friends of mine to change their mind. Obviously, I was not alone in that in that quest. It is wonderful to know the women's vote made the difference. Thank you, suffragettes of old!

The result was clear mandate to move forward while remaining critical.

No mandate. Obamas vote is 8 million less than in 2008. The floor was falling from under him as time passed. Romney was such a pitiful opponent he saved Obama.

The numbers are real.

What less-pitiful candidate could the Republicans have put up, JBJ? It's a serious question. Jeb Bush or Christie, perhaps? Surely not any of the people who were actually trying to get the nomination (with Bush and Christie probably having been smart enough to keep out of it this time). Powell, who voted for Obama? Rice, who is a one-trick pony--and that trick not being the big problem a president has to face (the economy). Who?

The Republican pretty much shot itself in the kiester on this election from the getgo--they all are were dogmatic clowns. Romney was probably their best bet. As you yourself pointed out, despite his every effort to say "screw everyone who isn't a billionaire," he managed to fool nearly half of the voters into thinking he would take care of them--and he didn't even have to say how he planned to do that.

Of course, you're probably the wrong one to ask since you haven't made a good call in presidential politics for at least two elections now that I've seen of your yammerings on this forum.

"but he won, Karl, he won."

Yep the GOP built him a new floor. They hammered hard and fast.

I asked you a question, JBJ. What more viable opponent against Obama do you think the Republicans had?

Wow, looks like the gb in here, but not quite as nasty and no one is asking for cock pics.

I voted for the winner. But....

I still don't feel very confident about the immediate future for a variety of reasons.

However, I've never voted Republican and Romney didn't have enough behind him to make this time different.

Never mind the idiots in his party.

Back