Why have I been rejected?

TKErotica

Virgin
So I need a kind editor/writer who is confident in their craft and not threatened by a new author to offer assistance to get my work posted.
Im not sure what my writing its lacking or maybe I'm just nervous that I'm actually having my very naughty thoughts out of my head and others now get to see them

I also need to know if erotica is the way to go

I write hardcore erotica; if there is anything like that

Im also frustrated with the navigational speed bumps on this site

I will like to network with other erotic writers.

Here's hoping Im taking the right steps

thanks all

Without telling us more, we can only guess why a story was rejected. There would be a reason attached to the story/rejection, although it wouldn't list specific errors.

What genre was the story and what is the word count?

Lynn's right, we need more info. When a story is rejected, you can click the "rejected" link on your submissions page and get a general idea. Common reasons are poor punctuation, especially dialogue, and perceived underage sex. If you can tell us more about the story, and check the reason for rejection, we can help.

It's tough when you're starting out, but there are plenty of people here who like to help. :)

So I need a kind editor/writer who is confident in their craft and not threatened by a new author to offer assistance to get my work posted.
Im not sure what my writing its lacking or maybe I'm just nervous that I'm actually having my very naughty thoughts out of my head and others now get to see them

I also need to know if erotica is the way to go

I write hardcore erotica; if there is anything like that

Im also frustrated with the navigational speed bumps on this site

I will like to network with other erotic writers.

Here's hoping Im taking the right steps

thanks all

I'm not sure why they'd be threatened by a new author.

I'm not sure why they'd be threatened by a new author.
Because the new author is the latest JK Rowling and will blow us all away with their brilliance. Wait, do I hear reindeer hooves on my roof?

no time to be cynical now!

Because the new author is the latest JK Rowling and will blow us all away with their brilliance. Wait, do I hear reindeer hooves on my roof?
Its tuff enough writing a story let a lone have it published on Literotica, especially so for a first timer. Give the person a brake.
He or She is obviously in a state of confusion and probably going through a mixture of emotions right now as to why the story got region. Get off their back as there entering a hole new world and it could be ther are gust a little bit frighten with the situation! Back down a little oks.

To the author or thread starter. You should have on your returned story pointers as to what need's fixing. If not you could email it back to Lit and ask why its been dismissed.
To tell you the truth is probably good idea you get your self a willing editor to 'polish up you're work' .

Lastly but should be the first thing you can do to help yourself is, look at the resources available to you in Literotica to give you a better understanding of whats needed in story writing.
You can find good writing resources in Literoticas home page, take a good look over: Submission Guidelines and Guide For Amateur Writers Of Erotica. This should give you a better understanding of writing reqirments for literotica and overall a good heads up in writing.

Hope this helps and good luck in getting your first story submitted.
The guidelines really healped me out and im dyslexic so dont be put off and get a good editor for your story gender.
And if you get your editor, make sure to give them worthy praise at the top of your work, so to thank them for helping getting you're story submitted as it wasn't possible before their input.
Always nice to be nice isn't it.

To get an edior you have to state word count and the gender of the story so the editor is familiar with that type of erotica and if they will have enough time to give your work the time it needs!

We would be most grateful in hearing what steps you have now taken as I anyway don't mind helping folk if i can, but there's nothing worse than not hearing what eventually happened in the end.
Regards,

Mummysbabby.

Last edited:
Its tuff enough writing a story let a lone have it published on Literotica, especially so for a first timer. Give the person a brake.
He or She is obviously in a state of confusion and probably going through a mixture of emotions right now as to why the story got region. Get off their back as there entering a hole new world and it could be ther are gust a little bit frighten with the situation! Back down a little oks.

To the author or thread starter. You should have on your returned story pointers as to what need's fixing. If not you could email it back to Lit and ask why its been dismissed.
To tell you the truth is probably good idea you get your self a willing editor to 'polish up you're work' .

Lastly but should be the first thing you can do to help yourself is, look at the resources available to you in Literotica to give you a better understanding of whats needed in story writing.
You can find good writing resources in Literoticas home page, take a good look over: Submission Guidelines and Guide For Amateur Writers Of Erotica. This should give you a better understanding of writing reqirments for literotica and overall a good heads up in writing.

Hope this helps and good luck in getting your first story submitted.
The guidelines really healped me out and im dyslexic so dont be put off and get a good editor for your story gender.
And if you get your editor, make sure to give them worthy praise at the top of your work, so to thank them for helping getting you're story submitted as it wasn't possible before their input.
Always nice to be nice isn't it.

To get an edior you have to state word count and the gender of the story so the editor is familiar with that type of erotica and if they will have enough time to give your work the time it needs!

We would be most grateful in hearing what steps you have now taken as I anyway don't mind helping folk if i can, but there's nothing worse than not hearing what eventually happened in the end.
Regards,

Mummysbabby.

And this is after the edit. I can't decide if this person is kidding or ...

Serious question to all editors- what test should one administer to determine the gender of one's story?

Gender of a story.

Serious question to all editors- what test should one administer to determine the gender of one's story?

That's easy -- you run your hand down the story's pants and have a good feel of the plumbing. Just be sure to wash your hand afterwards ...

That's easy -- you run your hand down the story's pants and have a good feel of the plumbing. Just be sure to wash your hand afterwards ...

What you're suggesting is incest and while we may write about it, it is illegal to feel the plumbing of your offspring. It would also violate the no minor rule since I bet none of our stories are 18 yet, you perv!! :mad:

Looking at some of the mistakes "brake/break" Gender/genre I am thinking phone auto correct.

But I would guess the gender of the story is based on who the lead character is. If the protag is a woman its female.....

Ya know Hypoxia, ya really need to get back on your medications or talk to your shrink and have him/her double your dosage.

Ya wanna piss, moan and whine pick on a well established author to post your crap to. Leave the new authors alone, I very much doubt any of the new ones think they are J.K. Rowling, but we all have to start somewhere and here is better than most other starting places.

Most of us who have seen your goofy BS consider the source, but when you show your silly ass to the new ones they may well assume your posts are not from an impaired poster when the rest of us are assured you a mental problem child.

You are welcome.

Mike

You know.....I just read the OP's post again and I don't think he has had a story rejected.

I think he is referring to being rejected by an editor, as in he has been trying the VE with no response which is pretty common here.

I think that is what he means by rejected. Or maybe my reading comprehension is different than everyone else here.

You know.....I just read the OP's post again and I don't think he has had a story rejected.

I think he is referring to being rejected by an editor, as in he has been trying the VE with no response which is pretty common here.

I think that is what he means by rejected. Or maybe my reading comprehension is different than everyone else here.

That's certainly possible, but I did read it as they submitted a story, it was rejected, and they were looking for why. However, the OP doesn't seem to have returned so I guess we'll never know.

why have I been rejected you ask?

I must not fail to thank all those authors that stood up for me and defended me. I am grateful

The cyber world is so much like the physical world. There would always be those that eat their young and others that will genuinely build and give positive feedback and help with teething problems.

When I came on hear and started the thread I was hoping to meet and network with the latter and Im pleased to make your acquaintances

The reason given for the rejection of my story was for punctuation, dialogue etc. I was finally able to figure out how to determine that after some helpful suggestions and directions from some of you genuine helpers here.Thank you again.
Literotica has some navigational speed bumps on their website. In my opinion its not very user friendly

Like any new business or unchartered terrain , it can be quite daunting to any new comer(s) and many a times we forget that we were once new, green or novice once upon a time.

The story I submitted does not have incest. No bestiality. No rape.
It is consensual hardcore sex between an adult male and an adult female.

How exactly do you count words? I just want to be sure Im doing it right

I still need an editor. the story has not been edited

thanks

Editiing

You are right in saying that this site is not very user friendly. It is rather hard to navigate.

I am pretty well acquainted with Literotica's standards in that area (been there, done that) and I would be happy to look over your story.

I will be out of town from the 10th to the 20th so we would need to move quickly.

Back