Cosplay

:p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Elle, that search brought up some beauties. :heart: Degas and Delarouche I forgot the name of the lady with the halo in the water. I wish I did not have a 10:00.

Oh Lordy, you'd think I could remember at least the artist correctly, as it was the first piece of art (if you can call a poster art) I ever bought as a young girl. I was at the Lourve with my mom.
 
Last edited:
:p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the great things when dressing in vintage or antique fabrics is I am reminded how much less often it was washed. :eek:. For example, I have an Edwardian lace stole ( well, I have the dress it goes with too but I don't fit in to it any more :eek:) . The stole doesn't touch my skin to pick up grease, sweat, dirt so I launder it very, very rarely. Its been in good use, this outfit, from when it was made, till when the buttons no longer did up on the dress. A family piece of clothing, its been worn by every one at some tome for some resurgence in fashion, or ignoring it. I am also too tall for it, but I wore it anyway. :). An older woman once told me to put pads under my arms in my evening dresses to save me laundering them. I have not yet done this.

Yes, that is why one wears drawers, petticoats, camisoles, chemise, to protect the clothing.

They are called dress shield, you can get washable or disposable ones. I still have some, although I have not worn evening clothes in a very long time.
 
Last edited:
lluPumt.jpg


IAGfCOY.jpg


aWDWgIP.jpg
 
Last edited:
WTF? Those boots on a supposed superhero are completely ludicrous.
Well, actually they are ludicrous on anyone, but especially so in this case.

It's funny, just the other day my brother and I were talking about the evolution of cosplay from the WorldCon masquerade balls.

Evidently, you have never found yourself too close to the stage at a Gentleman's club. I assure you, that sort of footwear can have lethal possibilities when swung at speed on a long set of legs.
 
I love this Lara Croft cosplay. Its not overly sexual yet its so provocative, suggestive and sexy
 
Last weekend there was a long sold-out Sci-Fi cosplay event locally.

Even though the tickets were pre-sold months ago, the ticket holders formed a queue half a mile long to get in. The first ones arrived two hours before the opening time.
 
Back
Top