The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

I'm saying on the first two days of the Halloween contest, there were already tons of stories. So far there are only 7.
 
Show of hands how many big "early contest sweeps" has anybody noticed? As a follow-up, how many sweeps on contest stories can you say were even related to the contest?

In my analysis of the last three contests I've noticed that the sweeps come in the last few days in any case. There are no "early sweeps", except for the small number that probably get swept anyway even if there is no competition.

What does it matter? The algorithm they apply would be the same, whether they run it every day, or once at the end.

I don't think there is any conspiracy. My own stories have done badly, but after reading some of the fantastic entries by others, as far as I am concerned, they deserved to win.
 
In my analysis of the last three contests I've noticed that the sweeps come in the last few days in any case. There are no "early sweeps", except for the small number that probably get swept anyway even if there is no competition.

What does it matter? The algorithm they apply would be the same, whether they run it every day, or once at the end.

I don't think there is any conspiracy. My own stories have done badly, but after reading some of the fantastic entries by others, as far as I am concerned, they deserved to win.

That's because you're looking at the real data rather than skimming it for something to validate your own sense of self-importance like most of the complainers do.

What I've always said, and what I've always found is that even when I think a story probably should have placed when it didn't, it's very rare when I have the slighest question about whether the stories that did place deserved it.

And even when I do question it, it's still just my opinion.

Too damn many people around here don't get that any more because they're entirely too full of themselves.
 
Oh, I don't know how welcome I'll be. I'm still fed up.

It's all a matter of how well I stick to slapping the legions of fucktards on ignore and leaving them there -- and how many times other people quote said fucktards.

This place has a major bacterial infection, and its parents don't believe in antibiotics.
 
monday morning! just one piece of trash to jettison...

...and hopefully this will be the last of it. If no new garbage is produced then we'll have none to deposit here...

85117.jpg

no sorry tex scenes from dachau don’t bring a smile to MY lips…

The following is post # 1194 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188, 1191 and now 1194. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. Now a SIXTH on the eighth page. The same post 43 times. He's now up to 256 times posting the same thing OVERALL (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1194 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg


But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…
 
Oh, I don't know how welcome I'll be. I'm still fed up.

It's all a matter of how well I stick to slapping the legions of fucktards on ignore and leaving them there -- and how many times other people quote said fucktards.

This place has a major bacterial infection, and its parents don't believe in antibiotics.

Feed up or not, it's good to have you back.
 
Since scouries keeps posting a hacked up version of what i am posting to his fake thread maybe i should show everyone the real post. This is what I post every time he tries to promote his fake contest and i will continue to do so until he quits trying to promote a lie.

made-up-fucktard2.jpg


fucktard1.jpg


This is the real post. There is nothing racist about it. Using the race card is his way of trying to make me stop, which I won't.
 
Just a quick reminder of who the real bigot projecting his innumerable faults on others is:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=27881971&postcount=3458

Originally Posted by scouries
And what the fuck’s with these Europeans all of a sudden? Germany? Finland? my friend flicka asks pardon for her English but she’s made like 15,000 effing posts! If she'd read a few of my stories maybe her english would improve!

And what’s the krauts problem?

They hate us when things are going good over there but as soon as they’ve got a problem they come running for help from good ole uncle sam. They’re happy to take our tourist dollars aren’t they?

They don’t even know what real football is and they’re criticizing me?

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=26809828&postcount=2389

Originally Posted by scouries
2 – Bathe every morning after you get out of bed. And don’t forget your hair. I know that the Irish aren’t the most mindful group of people when it comes to personal hygiene but it’s important…both for your wellbeing and to those around you.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=23614124&postcount=774

Originally Posted by scouries
And what humans would be allowed to star in these tales? Definitely the Aussies and the Scots to start with. There is a long tradition of human/sheep relations in both countries. All Mormons.

No Blacks! We’ve had enough of that racist bullshit for the last couple of hundred years in America. No need to encourage any more.

And even if we’re at war with them I think we should give the Arabs a pass at the beginning. There are enough Camel Jockey jokes going around already.

Of course the French. They’re generally not so clean and think they are the world’s greatest lovers. Let’s see them prove it with our furry friends. They and the Poles have a well documented history of eating Horse.

No English! They have enough problems figuring out what to do in the bedroom without complicating things even further. No Canadians either. They’re far too dull to be believable as swashbuckling mammal mounters.

Italians yes! Lets see how long those bum pinching lotharios last when they try to grab some Kangeroo butt.

No Chinese, even if they do spend half the day eating live insects. We definitely don’t want any ‘Year of the Rat’ in our fantasies. But their Japanese neighbors would be welcomed. They’ve been eating raw Blowfish forever.

Indians (the real ones) would be ideal candidates for inclusion. They have a long history of half animal/ half human gods. (Have you ever seen the elephant trunk on Lord Ganesh? How do you think he got it anyway?)

As to the Irish …no, it’s not even worth contemplating them.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=23602566&postcount=749

Originally Posted by scouries
And your Just contrary that way simply highlights one of the major problems facing America these days – women who haven’t been brought up correctly and who have too much free time on their hands.

http://www.literotica.com/s/daddy-i-whispered
They were foreigners... Arabs I think, big, ugly, dirty men with long smelly beards. They wanted to rape me Daddy, despoil me because I'm an American.... Oh Daddy, they were so dirty and they made me do terrible things,"
 
Last edited:
image.php

I'm still fed up.

Data bears out that longer stories do have an advantage…

Non Human has an advantage because it has a smaller core of readers who tend to either vote high, not at all, or drop 3s on seriously sub-par stories.

Look up Ogg, go to his profile, click "threads started by this user", scroll back about 3-4 years, then read through the contest threads. If you can't see a difference, you're blind or ignorant.

it's very rare when I have the slighest question about whether the stories that did place deserved it.


Poor baby’s still fed up. But unfortunately he can’t make it anywhere else so he came back.

It is interesting that he’s finally ready to admit that longer stories and non human stories do have an advantage. Duh! I wonder why he never would concede that before?

And I wonder if he’s ready to now concede that chapter/serial/run-on stories featuring characters and locales used in prior stories have an advantage.

As to the oggman’s threads of four and five years ago I invite all readers to go back and read through them. Those were the days when winning stories had 25-50 votes and a small group of AHers fixed the contests by supporting whoever they’d chosen to win that contest while using every trick in the book to hammer non AHers who threatened them.

And don’t think that darkboy didn’t learn everything he could about cheating as he weaseled his way into their midst – producing numbers on every contest story which he only shared with his cohorts – creating targets they could attack.

As to db’s line “it's very rare when I have the slighest question about whether the stories that did place deserved it” I must say it’s the most self serving thing I’ve ever seen him post. Let me point out to our serial quitter that his latest “chapter” winner was the “least read story in the contest”. And yet was somehow proclaimed the readers choice. No one was fooled!

C’mon darkboy surely you don’t honestly believe your woodsy story deserved anything more than being relegated to the non-human garbage bin do you?

Quite simply you do three things to ensure your stories win:

1) You toady up to the QUEEN and shamelessly do her bidding…

2) You take advantage of every edge the poorly constructed contests provide (long stories, non-human/scifi, last minute entries, chapter/serial, etc) while never doing anything to help change the contests so they’re fair for everyone …

3) You cheat. You and your friends actively promote vote campaigns for and against your friends and enemies. You produce numbers but don’t share them. You PM strategies back and forth. You trade votes.

And yes darkboy I'll continue to call you out on your lies. And continuue to point out that on an erotic story site somehow virtually every contest is won by non-human, sci-fi, romance and gay category stories. While the most popular categories on the site (Incest, LW, Group, EC etc) are invariably shut out.

And that's a fact that neither you nor your latest numbers ALT can hide nor explain.
 
originally posted on the A.I.R. support thread november 12th...

...and of course of interest here...A.I.R. QUOTE

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Thanksgiving Contest


The list below (of LITEROTICA entries) highlights perfectly why we at A.I.R. decided on having both a Thanksgiving Contest and a Xmas/New Year’s Contest this year. It’s only November 12th and already AHers are bombarding us with Christmas stories! C’mon guys and girls! Give us a break for crying out loud. Twelve entries so far – twelve Christmas stories! And we’re still ten days before Thanksgiving!

Quite simply stories like these shouldn’t be dumped on the site and on our readers so early. Instead of thinking only of yourselves I ask that instead you consider the good of the site. Remember


[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Xmas/New Years Contest


starts: December 1st
closes: December 25th
winners announced: December 29th​


Rocky Mountain Christmas BenLong
Oh Christmas Tree! sr71plt
Out In The Cold LaRascasse
With Sister's Help HeyAll
Passing at Christmas sr71plt
Reconciliation RedHairedandFriendly
The Christmas Present TxRad
Stepdaughter's Christmas Gift sirhugs
Snowbound reddirtwriter
Santa's Naughty Elf Cinner
Three Kisses, One Past YDB95
Eden's Christmas Stocking Cinner
 
You really don't like it when I throw your bigotry back in your face, do you, scouries?

Yep, I'm really "exploiting the advantages"

Sci Fi: 12 Mature: 10 Humor: 9 Group: 4 Incest: 3 Romance: 2 Non Human: 2 Horror: 2 E&V: 2 Non Erotic, Loving Wives, Erotic Couplings, Fetish, Anal: 1

Well over half of those stories are under three pages. A couple of them are single pagers. Several were entered on day one. Many more were within the first week of the contest. I've actually started writing in a wider range of categories since I placed in a contest, not contracted into one or two for some advantage.

Nothing resembling your lies.

On top of that, if you look through my list, you'll see that I'm writing nothing different than what I write outside the contests, so far as length and category distribution goes. I'm writing what I like. That's it.

I know you're a firm believer in "tell the same lie often enough in an oversized font and it becomes true", but anyone with more than a couple of brain cells not cemented together with bong resin can tell you're full of it up to your eyebrows.

And lest we forget, all the accusations of cheating are coming from someone claiming to have almost 40 thousand votes on a single story. More than double that of authors with more favorites, more stories, higher scores, more views, longer tenure, more frequent production, wider range, contest wins, green Es...

Look at that number again, folks. That's 40,000. A four and four zeros. He expects you to believe that he has nearly 40 thousand votes cast on a single story.

Any time you ever want to know what scouries is up to, look at what he's accusing everyone else of.
 
Huh? Youre calling the results of the race two days in? :confused:

I think it was a legitimate observation about a slow contest opening for what is normally one of the most popular contests. I think this one usually starts with a dozen or more out of the opening gate. I was surprised.
 
In my analysis of the last three contests I've noticed that the sweeps come in the last few days in any case.

I think the Web site wised up over the last couple of contests. Indeed at one time sweeps would come early--and in the middle--and then at the end. Just doing them at the end saves the effort of having to sweep away repeated cheating.
 
Of course not ALL of the charges on cheating are coming from just one source. Of course there is massive cheating in these contests. If there weren't, there wouldn't be massive vote sweeping--or the need for it.

You can have fun with and benefit from the contests without taking it as a serious contest of story quality, though--which it isn't. It's too much of a sieve. It's an even looser than an American Idol approach to a "contest." But it will get you more readers/more favoriting, if approached sensibly is a fun shared activity, and it will get your stories up faster with a higher profile.

I think it's being taken much too seriously on both sides.
 
Of course not ALL of the charges on cheating are coming from just one source. Of course there is massive cheating in these contests. If there weren't, there wouldn't be massive vote sweeping--or the need for it.

You can have fun with and benefit from the contests without taking it as a serious contest of story quality, though--which it isn't. It's too much of a sieve. It's an even looser than an American Idol approach to a "contest." But it will get you more readers/more favoriting, if approached sensibly is a fun shared activity, and it will get your stories up faster with a higher profile.

I think it's being taken much too seriously on both sides.

I like the American idol analogy. I've never posted that here, but I believe it.

Ryan seacrest tells us America voted and....

and of course they vote, my wife votes all the time But who counts them and who sees them?

My theory has always been that the winner is never the actual winner, but whoever the powers that be have decided they want.

That's why every season some lights out person gets the boot, so there's no chance of them upsetting their pick.

I have no doubt some of that goes on at the top here. No one knows what the final sweep criteria is and no one ever will, but I doubt its strictly by the numbers.
 
That's why every season some lights out person gets the boot, so there's no chance of them upsetting their pick.

And what's funny about Idol is that the winner usually goes on to obscurity while the 2nd place finisher goes on to a much more successful career. Not always, but most of the time.
 
Ah, the tin hat in-crowd conspiracy theories again. No, that's not at all what I meant about the American Idol ("vote as often as you can get away with on whatever criteria your untrained wishes lead you, including playing games with the system") contest model. I don't think the winners are being selected either there or here by those conducting the contest. If you've ever watched American Idol, you'd have seen some of the genuinely pained expressions on the judges' faces about who got through and who didn't. (I can almost see whoever was stuck with financial career backing for Ruben Studdard trying to slit his wrists the morning after, for instance.)
 
Hmmm I don't think the last contest was rigged or the winner chosen before the end by the site, but almost from day one I knew Goldeniangel would win-because his story deserved to win.

I got swept at all points during the Halloween contest, but very few of the sweeps affected my score. It was only the last one that cleared numerous votes and bumped me up a few hundredths.

I don't doubt some people cheat and try to game the system, but I don't think the site does.

My main concern currently is the delay of my non-contest story getting posted. It's been in the que over 3 days.

As for my current contest entry, I should have it in by the end of the week. As always I leave it to the readers to decide if they like it.
 
Looks like im more senior than ScouriesWorld, by Forum posts. Probably I should start my own cumtest.
 
Looks like im more senior than ScouriesWorld, by Forum posts. Probably I should start my own cumtest.

ScouriesWorld is scouries propaganda alt. Therefore they are him. And anyone over 10 is older than him. Mentally anyway.
 
Back
Top