Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

Roxanne Appleby said:
COLLEEN THOMAS'S FAVORITES
This page shows a list of stories, poems, and authors that this member enjoys. These are not submissions written by this member - they are some of his or her favorite Literotica submissions and people.

http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=85086&page=favorites

You made me cry again, but thank you. :rose:

I loved how Colly loved The Triple Treat, and it always made me laugh when she spoke about it with so much profuse praise - she even nominated it for an end of year award. I think it tickled her in a way known only to her, and that made me grin. :D

She won "The Most Influential Writer" here last year, and that's a title she most definitely lived up to.
 
Blombukett_fantasidroppe.jpg


RIP, Colleen Thomas.
 
i finally gave myself a few minutes to shed some tears. checked my PM box too. nothing there, old or recent from Colly. wish i'd saved them.

she was always so kind and quick to jump in and help me with my writing.

and a terrible flirt, too. :rose: :rose:
 
I simply don't know what to say.. I'll miss her, she was an amazing woman
 
I'll miss her.
We chatted off and on for the last year, exchanging stories for edits.
She was a great help to me and I enjoyed returning the favour.

*HUSG*

ken
 
Colleen commanded respect by being respectful, made you think by being thoughtful. Above all she showed an exemplary Decency. I immediately liked her.

Sometimes it's worth remembering how very attractive a person can be when they converse so eloquently, politely and rationally as she always did here.

RIP, Colly.
 
Last edited:
Shock! (Too many this year)

I've nothing to add, but want my name to be on her honour role

Roger
 
I am still pretty new here, and thus didn't know her very well, but she was to me an important part of this forum, her name here was one of the ones I would recognize from the first days I started posting in the AH... It's sad to think I won't see posts by her here anymore, I will miss her...
 
Kind of a bump -
I'm thinking that the "In memorial" thread is a good place for more formal eulogies, and this thread is a good place for the kind of less formal fellowship that mourners share at a wake. In this thread, in a "virtual" way our community sits together in a room holding hands and telling Colly stories, laughing and crying together, saying nice things to each other.

I note that some of our bright lights are away for the weekend have yet to be heard from in either way. Shang . . .
 
Tatelou said:
Rumply, I thought of you earlier and wondered if you knew.

I'm not sure what to say, but can offer you hugs and much love.

Take care, sweetie. :heart:
Thank you sounds so cold and formal, but so does every other expression of gratitude I can think of. So I'm afraid that old, inadequate, work horse must suffice to express my appreciation for your thoughtfulness, except to add it's the sort of thing Colly would have done.

I'm still trying to digest losing her. I've many regrets in my life, most involve omissions, not comissions. One of the omissions I'll regret most is never getting to meet Colly in-person, never getting to spend some time with her talking about writing, SEC football, politics, and growing up in the south.

But if I'm lucky, maybe someday.

Rumple Foreskin
 
Last edited:
i just learned of this via PM; someone asked me if i knew anything about colly's passing so of course my impulse was to come here.

i didn't know her, i'm sorry to say, and more's the pity b/c in the handful of exchanges we ever had she impressed me as intelligent and articulate. she has long been one of my favorite authors on lit, b/c i responded to the emotional honesty in her fiction--to me, a hallmark of her writing.

i am grateful b/c i am privileged to get to know her, however little, through the recollections of her friends.

thank you, colly, and thank you, AH, for your recollections of among the finest people i've ever encountered, online or in real life.

ed
 
Damn,

I just logged in over here and this thread was the first I saw.

At first I thought it was a joke, a joke in horrible taste but a joke none the less. Then it started to sink in.

A candle is lit to guide your way Darling Colleen.

Cat
 
If there is a literary heaven, Colleen and Dorothy Parker are laughing so hard with each other about now.

:rose:
 
A song she always mentioned to me in private conversation:

Midnight Rider ~ The Allman Brothers

Well, Ive got to run to keep from hiding,
And Im bound to keep on riding.
And Ive got one more silver dollar,
But Im not gonna let them catch me, no,
Not gonna let em catch the midnight rider.

And I dont own the clothes Im wearing,
And the road goes on forever,
And Ive got one more silver dollar,
But Im not gonna let them catch me, no
Not gonna let em catch the midnight rider.

And Ive gone by the point of caring,
Some old bed Ill soon be sharing,
And Ive got one more silver dollar,

Repeat three times and fade
But Im not gonna let em catch me, no
Not gonna let them catch the midnight rider.


One I sent to her and she latched onto with full force:

Ireland ~ Garth Brooks

They say mother earth is breathing
With each wave that finds the shore
Her soul rises in the evening
For to open twilights door
Her eyes are the stars in heaven
Watching o'er us all the while
And her heart it is in Ireland
Deep within the Emerald Isle

We are forty against hundreds
In someone else's bloody war
We know not why were fighting
Or what we're dying for
They will storm us in the morning
When the sunlight turns to sky
Death is waiting for its dance now
Fate has sentenced us to die

Ireland I am coming home
I can see your rolling fields of green
And fences made of stone
I am reaching out won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Ireland

Oh the captain he lay bleeding
I can hear him calling me
These men are yours now for the leading
Show them to their destiny
As I look up all around me
I see the ragged tired and torn
I tell them to make ready
'Cause we're not waiting for the morn

Ireland I am coming home
I can see your rolling fields of green
And fences made of stone
I am reaching out won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Ireland

Now the fog is deep and heavy
As we forge the dark and fear
We can hear their horses breathing
As in silence we draw near
There are no words to be spoken
Just a look to say good-bye I draw a breath and night is broken
As I scream our battle cry

Ireland I am coming home
I can see your rolling fields of green
And fences made of stone
I am reaching out won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Ireland
Yes I am home Ireland

We were forty against hundreds


I wish I could do better, but that's about all I've got for now. :rose: It's possible I'll be back as I try to sort through the fog of feelings, thoughts, and memories clouding reason.
 
RIP Colly

I'm shocked and very saddened... My thoughts go to Melissa and hope she knows we are all thinking of her and missing Colly greatly.
 
Last edited:
I dreamed of you laughing and wrote little notes in the margins of your story, smiling at the thought of you reading them. You'd left us three days before, but no one had told your characters or me, and we laughed away a long afternoon together.

Thank you for that last day. You were always thoughtful, Colleen; always generous, always kind. Your great beauty of spirit, your fire, your strength, your nobility - the words would never come to me for them when you lived, and still they will not. But now you know what you are to us. Now you see.

Shanglan
 
I'm quite new here and have mostly lurked and read posts by people arguing. Of everything I read, the most sensible were from Colleen Thomas. I will certainly miss her wit and intelligence, but I never really knew her well.
 
Back
Top